Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 672.
#17101 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Caveman lockdown bar
Bally unitized glass lift
Such innovation!

67E785E9-B453-44E7-B0DD-3A14B2BEFBCC (resized).png67E785E9-B453-44E7-B0DD-3A14B2BEFBCC (resized).png
#17102 3 years ago

Back off there cowboy
Haiku is public domain
Everyone can play

#17103 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

To be fair, worldwide supply chains are F**KED up at the moment. Major integrated circuit shortages, car plants are shut down waiting for chips to stick in.
It's probably worse for DR as they are new and thus not a priority for vendors scrambling to help long time customers.
It's obvious COVID was much worse in China than their evil government let on, and now we are seeing the reality echoed in production.

chips aren't made in China though, their silicon technology is years behind. TMSC in Taiwan (not strictly China) is suffering from changing of demand cars->computers/tablets/webcams->cars and then Huawei bought up a huge amount of supply for their needs and then a shortage of water which is required in the process. Underinvestment outside of Asia means there is few places to have chips fabricated other than Asia. Intel today announced plans for a new fab in the US and Europe which is great news.

#17104 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

chips aren't made in China though, their silicon technology is years behind. TMSC in Taiwan (not strictly China) is suffering from changing of demand cars->computers/tablets/webcams->cars and then Huawei bought up a huge amount of supply for their needs and then a shortage of water which is required in the process. Underinvestment outside of Asia means there is few places to have chips fabricated other than Asia. Intel today announced plans for a new fab in the US and Europe which is great news.

It is good news.

Unfortunately AP / China is building like 20+ fab houses now.

#17105 3 years ago

Looks like another 2 weeks and everything will be back on track

IMG_0054 (resized).JPGIMG_0054 (resized).JPG

#17106 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

To be fair, worldwide supply chains are F**KED up at the moment. Major integrated circuit shortages, car plants are shut down waiting for chips to stick in.
It's probably worse for DR as they are new and thus not a priority for vendors scrambling to help long time customers.
It's obvious COVID was much worse in China than their evil government let on, and now we are seeing the reality echoed in production.

Oh no you didnt. Lots of pro-china peeps, truth suppression peeps in here.

According to them the WHO is bad ass and communism has a place in todays society.

#17107 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

In a wild coincidence- all 150 ordered pinbars happened to be on that ship

#17108 3 years ago

Quoted from Bublehead:When passion boils over into name calling and flame wars, the real fun of Pinside starts to fade away, IMHO. People getting butt hurt on Pinside is as old as Pinside... When someone kicks me in the balls on here, I don't tuck and run, I just take a break from it if it was too brutal, or more often than not, just let it ride. I have a passion for playing pinball, not knob slobbering on about this manufacture or that. And if someone doesn't agree, I'll argue my point, but I try and keep it about the issue, not the person.
Ok, so let me slob on a knob here a little for any other manufacturer in competition with dr who has actually delivered a machine. Way to go, you showed them, they said you couldn't do it, but dang it if you didn't get Thunderturds are Go out the door... what? It sucks more ass than a 2 bit hooker? Well it can't be that bad... ouch, really?, worse than Popeye? I didn't think that was possible... well it had to be better than Vacation America?... oh come now Zizzle wasn't even that bad...

#17109 3 years ago

[quoted image]

This barge continues to captivate me. Doubly so because I got a cargo van stuck in 2 inches of snow over the weekend.

#17110 3 years ago

You might want to try this again.

#17111 3 years ago

Now 343 pages dedicated to a pinball company that has never produced a single game that shipped to a customer. How many more pages do you think it will take to get the first game shipped? Or another way to put it how many more pages will be posted before a game is actually shipped?

Wow 343 pages and that doesn’t even count the other thread where people put money down on the game but still have nothing.

#17113 3 years ago

This can’t be real
On the other hand
Oh the irony

#17114 3 years ago

In the pre-order thread, Punny Factory has now officially shown more pictures of pinball parts than DeepRoot.

Can’t make this shit up.

#17115 3 years ago

Excuses galore
Not one RAZA out the door
Need we all say more?

#17116 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This barge continues to captivate me. Doubly so because I got a cargo van stuck in 2 inches of snow over the weekend.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/03/cargo-ship-stuck-in-the-suez-canal-children-have-ideas-for-how-to-move-it.html

My favorite is “everyone should just grab a rope and pull”

#17117 3 years ago

Speaking for myself, its not hurt feelings at all. Its standing up to rudeness and bullying.

#17118 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Speaking for myself, its not hurt feelings at all. Its standing up to rudeness and bullying.

20210326_074648 (resized).jpg20210326_074648 (resized).jpg
#17119 3 years ago

Hey guys let's cool it with the personal attacks and concentrate our ire on Jpop.

Also, being against the CCP after 2020 isn't an opinion it's an obligation.

#17121 3 years ago

Ice cancelled himself!

#17122 3 years ago

It really is comical to see that photo of that gigantic ship with that tiny tractor trying to dig it out.

They are gonna have to send in a salvage crew to take all those containers off to lighten this thing up. Nuts.

#17123 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In the pre-order thread, Punny Factory has now officially shown more pictures of pinball parts than DeepRoot.
Can’t make this shit up.

This isn't surprising. For all its faults, Pinball Adventures has publicly demonstrated greater competence than has Deeproot Pinball.

#17124 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This isn't surprising. For all its faults, Pinball Adventures has publicly demonstrated greater competence than has Deeproot Pinball.

Oh I don't know -- their thread has had zero activity for the past 45 days (or is there another one besides https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory ?)

#17125 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really is comical to see that photo of that gigantic ship with that tiny tractor trying to dig it out.
They are gonna have to send in a salvage crew to take all those containers off to lighten this thing up. Nuts.

YouTube "Costa Concordia" to see how they removed that shipwreck. Insane engineering, and cost nearly 3x what the ship did originally!

#17126 3 years ago

If we pool all our pinball monies, it'd probably be cheaper to just dig a new canal than unstuck that ship.

#17127 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If we pool all our pinball monies, it'd probably be cheaper to just dig a new canal than unstuck that ship.

I'm 100% in on a non-refundable pre-order spot on a new Suez Canal bypass.

#17128 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Whats truly funny is they will have that ship moved before we see a single machine delivered by deeproot...

#17129 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Whats truly funny is they will have that ship moved before we see a single machine delivered by deeproot...

Well of course, that's why there aren't any machines! They are on that stuck ship! (I shouldn't say that though, my luck that's where the Aliens are).

#17130 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well of course, that's why there aren't any machines! They are on that stuck ship!

I was actually thinking along the lines of what Ben H. said about the Costa Concordia... that took like 2 plus years to figure out... and how long has deep root been trying to deliver RAZA? Moving unmovable objects seems easier than pinball...

#17131 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

and concentrate our ire on Jpop.

I have tried... See here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/342#post-6203212

Sometimes I think someone let all the air out of the JPop punching bag... maybe we need a PTC remake, JPop Collector's Edition...

#17132 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would probably be faster to just build our own Raza’s too.

#17133 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I was actually thinking along the lines of what Ben H. said about the Costa Concordia... that took like 2 plus years to figure out... and how long has deep root been trying to deliver RAZA? Moving unmovable objects seems easier than pinball...

If it takes you longer than the FRIGGIN APOLLO MOON MISSION to remake Cyclone.... You might be a hack.

#17134 3 years ago

[quoted image]

they mentioned on the Fox Business Channel this morning, that it's costing 400 Million per hour and 5 Billion per day having the canal blocked....that's Unbelievable

#17135 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

they mentioned on the Fox Business Channel this morning, that it's costing 400 Million per hour and 5 Billion per day having the canal blocked....that's Unbelievable

No problem for the richest pinball company of all time.

#17136 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well of course, that's why there aren't any machines! They are on that stuck ship! (I shouldn't say that though, my luck that's where the Aliens are).

Wouldn’t be surprised if it affected production. The games are being built in Italy and they may have had Chinese parts due to come in.

#17137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/middleeast/suez-canal-ship-sand-intl-hnk/index.html

#17138 3 years ago

That's pretty nuts. That's the kind of thing you'd do on purpose during a war (well, you'd sink it fully)

#17139 3 years ago

#17140 3 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Oh I don't know -- their thread has had zero activity for the past 45 days (or is there another one besides https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory ?)

That’s because no one cares. Funny how pinball works, sometimes. DR has sales, but can’t get games built. Punny looks like they can build games, but no one wants to buy it.

#17141 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's the kind of thing you'd do on purpose during a war (well, you'd sink it fully)

During a war things would be different. Explosives comes to mind. Instead of trying to free the ship intact and not hurt it or the canal.

LTG : )

#17142 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s because no one cares. Funny how pinball works, sometimes. DR has sales, but can’t get games built. Punny looks like they can build games, but no one wants to buy it.

Tbh I don't believe PA can build games either, at least not at the BS rate they claimed. I think they said they have like 2-3 guys building the games. Luckily they will probably get less than 10 orders so it might be feasible.

#17144 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DR has sales, but can’t get games built. Punny looks like they can build games, but no one wants to buy it.

A few years from now we might see some new hydrofoil boat companies'

#17145 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

During a war things would be different. Explosives comes to mind. Instead of trying to free the ship intact and not hurt it or the canal.
LTG : )

Well I mean, clogging up the canal would make sense. Could starve the EU of a lot of gas, especially if you have the Russian pipelines on your side.

#17146 3 years ago

I sense a video game in the works. Maybe Deeproots next pin?

#17147 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I sense a video game in the works. Maybe Deeproots next pin?

Those salvage crews are hungry. Send in the FOOD TRUCKS!

#17148 3 years ago

Leaked Future Deeproot Themes??

Titanic

The Money Pit

The Neverending Story

The Emperor's New Clothes (Mueller design)

Space Shuttle Challenger

Theranos

#17149 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Those salvage crews are hungry. Send in the FOOD TRUCKS!

I thought those containers were full of perishable food? Better start opening them up before it spoils

#17150 3 years ago

Enron featuring stock crash multiball where the ramps become gobble holes and you lose millions of points. Who can lose the most money? Default GC is RJM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/343?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.