Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 672.
#17051 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fine you guys got me convinced. Unban yourself Ice!
Would be nice though if he'd stop not only diving headfirst into every scam in pinball, but stop doing it in such a way that he encourages others. I'm convinced he's at least partially responsible for all of the non-existent Aliens people "bought" from ASOA.

He's just a passionate dude, and we are all big boys here that can live and die by our own swords! If I compare him to.... well another well known pinsider whos no longer here ....there is pumping for obvious gain, and just plain passion and I would lean towards passion with Ice and well pumping on the other who shall remain nameless

#17053 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Comon Levi, Kim, ice is one of the greats here. He is never mean and often hilarious and fun to read. These threads are informative but most importantly entertaining, and without him, I believe, we lost a great dude and lots of entertainment!

Quoted from RobT:

I agree completely Bill.

Do you remember when he slandered me in the Jpop thread, created and told lies about me being a shill for Jpop and other total crap? I know both of you do. Go through his last several comments in this thread and you find he was beginning to resurrect that old attack on me.

I've seen that same pattern with others here and recently he began doing the same type of behaviour to Ben Heck. Is that a person who is never mean? Bullshit, he is one of the cruelest and rudest guys here.

I enjoy a informative debate but not a personal attack or using dirty tactics which he is well known for.

#17054 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Comon Levi, Kim, ice is one of the greats here. He is never mean and often hilarious and fun to read. These threads are informative but most importantly entertaining, and without him, I believe, we lost a great dude and lots of entertainment!

never mean? you guys don't read enough posts. Or they've been moderated before you see them. He's nice until you disagree with him, then he's a complete ass. Not the kind of person I would want around.

#17055 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Place is better off without him. Much better off.

Nah, Levi as much as we disagree with Ice at times, he is entertaining and a no bullshit guy. He believes what he is saying and not afraid to defend his point.

#17056 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

He believes what he is saying and not afraid to defend his point.

Not sure this is necessarily a virtue but if the last past 5 years or so have proven anything it's that this quality has an undeniable appeal to many.

#17057 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

personal attack or using dirty tactics which he is well known for

I dont accuse you of intentional unfairness. I dont accuse you of polemic slander bc you gave reason for your opinion. And I´m not pinball police issuing a fine.

But he cant defend himself bc hes still blocked bc of the 14 day thread eject the mod issued on him. Hes like a dead mans grave where dispute about his bad behavior in life starts.

So maybe for your karma its better to keep it low until his blockage ends.

#17058 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's nice until you disagree with him, then he's a complete ass.

same to you

#17059 3 years ago

I can't believe nobody liked my Suez canal joke.

I'm deactivating!!!

#17060 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm deactivating!!!

I did go and look at the website, so there's that

#17061 3 years ago

When passion boils over into name calling and flame wars, the real fun of Pinside starts to fade away, IMHO. People getting butt hurt on Pinside is as old as Pinside... When someone kicks me in the balls on here, I don't tuck and run, I just take a break from it if it was too brutal, or more often than not, just let it ride. I have a passion for playing pinball, not knob slobbering on about this manufacture or that. And if someone doesn't agree, I'll argue my point, but I try and keep it about the issue, not the person.

Ok, so let me slob on a knob here a little for any other manufacturer in competition with dr who has actually delivered a machine. Way to go, you showed them, they said you couldn't do it, but dang it if you didn't get Thunderturds are Go out the door... what? It sucks more ass than a 2 bit hooker? Well it can't be that bad... ouch, really?, worse than Popeye? I didn't think that was possible... well it had to be better than Vacation America?... oh come now Zizzle wasn't even that bad...

#17062 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure this is necessarily a virtue but if the last past 5 years or so have proven anything it's that this quality has an undeniable appeal to many.

Indeed, 'tis the only virtue too many seem to care about:

entertained (resized).jpegentertained (resized).jpeg
#17063 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fine you guys got me convinced. Unban yourself Ice!
Would be nice though if he'd stop not only diving headfirst into every scam in pinball, but stop doing it in such a way that he encourages others. I'm convinced he's at least partially responsible for all of the non-existent Aliens people "bought" from ASOA.

Had to look that up. Didn't know the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators was selling Aliens...

#17064 3 years ago

I miss Ice. An echo chamber of just deeproot skeptics is like a pinball machine with only one flipper - not much to bounce against

He should lay off the drunk posting though.

#17065 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He should lay off the drunk posting though.

He is!

Also, as long as we have the Germans, this thread will never be an echo chamber!

#17066 3 years ago

Hey now, I'm not snippy until someone gets snippy with me. And regardless of the disagreement, I've never blocked anyone. Must be because I don't end my bullshit with 'lol' and a cowboy emoji.

#17067 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

echo chamber of just deeproot skeptics

You have to admit, be you either for, against, or neutral to deeproot, until they ship product, what else can you have BUT skepticism? Blind optimism?

#17068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You have to admit, be you either for, against, or neutral to deeproot, until they ship product, what else can you have BUT skepticism? Blind optimism?

Yes.

You want proof? Go look at the owners thread.

#17069 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes.
You want proof? Go look at the owners thread.

There is an owners thread?

#17071 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do they own?

They own a soul crunching, pent up anxiety that their dream of owning another new JPop game may still be the imaginary stuff of legend, like Unicorn poop, and giant farts that don't smell.

#17072 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is an owners thread?

"Owners" should be in air quotes.

#17073 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do they own?

Dreams and aspirations.

#17074 3 years ago

Maybe our constant naysaying will strengthen DR's resolve to put us in our place and prove us wrong?

#17075 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Actually February 30th

Actually the 12th of never.

#17076 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I dont accuse you of intentional unfairness. I dont accuse you of polemic slander bc you gave reason for your opinion. And I´m not pinball police issuing a fine.
But he cant defend himself bc hes still blocked bc of the 14 day thread eject the mod issued on him. Hes like a dead mans grave where dispute about his bad behavior in life starts.
So maybe for your karma its better to keep it low until his blockage ends.

So, how many fortnight bans will Icey get before DeepRoot ships a game? Bet me! Wimps!

#17077 3 years ago

Pre order thread..

#17078 3 years ago

Daily reminder that Stern "saved" Zidware the right way... by hiring Jeremy Packer.

#17079 3 years ago

What’s taking so long?
U L certification
How could we have known?

Rationality
Who needs it, we have Pinbar
Where truth goes to die

Preorder money
For RAZA, not for food truck
Has cool mechs and stuff

#17080 3 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

What’s taking so long?
U L certification
How could we have known?
Rationality
Who needs it, we have Pinbar
Where truth goes to die
Preorder money
For RAZA, not for food truck
Has cool mechs and stuff

Didn't Start Fire!
there's trouble in the Suez!
parts barge is delayed

#17081 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm deactivating!!!

I liked your joke. This thread has surely devolved into a deep root canal level of pain, though.

#17082 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I liked your joke. This thread has surely devolved into a deep root canal level of pain, though.

You were digging ™Deep on that one!

#17083 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do they own?

$500 less than everyone participating in this thread right now ..

Everyone’s waiting for razas to ship but, while it would be a huge milestone, means shit in the longer run question of if they will have steam to do anything more than that. Proving that they will be around to deliver support, spare parts, and promised DLC will mean everything.

#17084 3 years ago

Not getting a RAZA is probably more fun than getting a PUNNY FACTORY

#17085 3 years ago

This is insulting to two comedy legends. As a fan of Abbott and Costello, I must object.

Quoted from BeachPickle:

ask, and ye shall receive. [quoted image]

#17086 3 years ago

must be getting close to letting JPop go time and blaming all the delays and shit on him? That'll buy them 6 months of sympathy no?

#17087 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

must be getting close to letting JPop go time and blaming all the delays and shit on him? That'll buy them 6 months of sympathy no?

Nobody puts jpop in a corner

#17088 3 years ago

Maybe on April 1st Deeproot will reveal their puzzle

#17089 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Déjà Vu... and déjà fait (already done)
Antonio Ortuno delivered my game (Quetzal Nemo) at my home and assembled it for me
10+ hours drive and one border to cross.
Not sure he would have done it for 100+ games. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow , a small company can design , make and deliver a few different games .
Maybe it would be easier if DeepRoot just brought them out
Nice looking game by the way .

#17090 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe on April 1st Deeproot will reveal their puzzle

Actually they have been a puzzle for how many years.

April Fool To You
Deeproot has no games to ship
Excuse our Promises

#17091 3 years ago

5 days of excuses
14 days of banishment
Freaking hilarious

#17092 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Not getting a RAZA is probably more fun than getting a PUNNY FACTORY

Who knows, not getting RAZA may be more fun than getting RAZA!

#17093 3 years ago

So how many days has it been since they took money?

#17094 3 years ago

You mean pre-order money, which they said they would never take. Or as it should be called, Pre-order money 2.0

#17095 3 years ago

The pre-order thread was created Dec 17th. I think the orders closed by new years.

#17096 3 years ago

There is no JPop, that's just Weird Al Yankovic in a blond wig- Every once in a while, on a full moon, you can catch him waxing poetic on the back loading dock with his accordion singing "Don't Weep for me, my darling" while roasting a big fatty and drinking a bottle of Boone's Farm's Kentucky Quencher.

#17097 3 years ago

Caveman lockdown bar
Bally unitized glass lift
Such innovation!

#17098 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The pre-order thread was created Dec 17th. I think the orders closed by new years.

Ah shucks, missed pre order. Wonder if buy my spot ads will show up soon?

#17099 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He is!
Also, as long as we have the Germans, this thread will never be an echo chamber!

the-goddamn-germans-got-nothin-to-do-with-it (resized).jpgthe-goddamn-germans-got-nothin-to-do-with-it (resized).jpg
#17100 3 years ago

To be fair, worldwide supply chains are F**KED up at the moment. Major integrated circuit shortages, car plants are shut down waiting for chips to stick in.

It's probably worse for DR as they are new and thus not a priority for vendors scrambling to help long time customers.

It's obvious COVID was much worse in China than their evil government let on, and now we are seeing the reality echoed in production.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/342?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.