Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 672.
#17001 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Oh how you think you know everything... Yes, it took me a week to decide as I’m thorough and wanted as much information as possible to make an educated decision, your point?

Simple... it was not obvious nor transparent. Just as someone as yourself who had self declared for months you were “in” had to step back and pause.

Quoted from wrb1977:

I was not jumping on people for incomplete info, I was jumping on people for wrong info. The word on the street here in this thread was that deeproot offered no warranty, which I felt like correcting. Do you understand the difference between incomplete info and wrong info?

And i hope you understand the difference between more than one scenario- which is why I didn’t say you were outright wrong. There is the matter of that agreement and the goodwill agreement for others - both which seriously limit your remedies.

Quoted from wrb1977:

I’m still reeling from you opening my eyes that once I receive RAZA I’m going to have more than my $500 deposit on the line...damn what did I do???

Then why keep bringing up its only $500 on the line when the discussion was about warranty?

Make stupid arguments win stupid prizes

#17002 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I keep telling people this and they keep not believing me.
See also quad manufacturing, hammer tested and the fact their original open house reveal had a LINGER LONGER scheduled.

wtf is a linger longer?

#17003 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

wtf is a linger longer?

You know, Barry and Nordman are just kind of hanging around, nibbling on cold chicken wings...it's starting to get dark...they've already set up your game for you, selfies have been taken...you kinda start yawning, hoping they take the hint...

#17004 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if I can get Barry to deliver me Food Truck...IN a food truck?!

Check out Kaneda Jr. over here handing out million dollar marketing ideas like skittles

#17005 3 years ago

I'm curious if deeproot is actually going to honor their vaporware offer, or if they're going to pretend it never happened.

#17006 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm curious if deeproot is actually going to honor their vaporware offer, or if they're going to pretend it never happened.

That was last June - do we know who the "winner" was?

#17007 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

From my reading, there would be at least five winners. Now that DR has officially launched perhaps pin2d can provide an update

#17008 3 years ago

It said subject to change... but really , that's every day at the Root.

Kind of like - Your mileage may vary. Good thing they are not manufacturing cars, they are at 0 mpg so far.

#17009 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where is the GIANT face palm emoji! Deja fing Vu

#17010 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

wtf is a linger longer?

That is when you are sitting on the can and....nevermind.

#17011 3 years ago

"Reasonable restrictions apply. Subject to change"

To unreasonable restrictions?

#17012 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

"Reasonable restrictions apply. Subject to change"
To unreasonable restrictions?

Can you please sent me a link to the Stern Warranty page on their website so I can compare how it compares in coverage.

#17013 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you please sent me a link to the Stern Warranty page on their website so I can compare how it compares in coverage.

Pick a game, any game. Page 61 for this one: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/LedZeppelin_Pro_web.pdf

#17014 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This isn't about warranties. This is about the silly giveaway marketing that JPop no doubt wrote.

#17015 3 years ago

Understood though to my order history I typically receive the Manual Post purchase so seems of little value by comparison After sale. Think that was the focus of concern as of late.

#17016 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood though to my order history I typically receive the Manual Post purchase so seems of little value by comparison After sale. Think that was the focus of concern as of late.

With about anyone but deeproot you could look at a previous game's manual to see their warranty page (assuming they don't change much).

#17017 3 years ago

Déjà Vu... and déjà fait (already done)
Antonio Ortuno delivered my game (Quetzal Nemo) at my home and assembled it for me
10+ hours drive and one border to cross.

Not sure he would have done it for 100+ games.

IMG_3388 (resized).jpegIMG_3388 (resized).jpegIMG_3390 (resized).jpegIMG_3390 (resized).jpegIMG_3399 (resized).jpegIMG_3399 (resized).jpegIMG_3408 (resized).jpegIMG_3408 (resized).jpeg
#17018 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This isn't about warranties. This is about the silly giveaway marketing that JPop no doubt wrote.

Zidware 2.OH NO!!!!!!

Seriously. Ya'll have NO IDEA how much Robert was obsessed with the purple boy wonder. Well... some of you do.

#17019 3 years ago

Wait....deeproot hasn’t officially launched yet?55D013FD-B15A-4D6D-AC72-16FD1DFBA2D4 (resized).jpeg55D013FD-B15A-4D6D-AC72-16FD1DFBA2D4 (resized).jpeg

And probably the most important part of that post:
9F52A03D-41F8-48E3-B7BC-17555C5D4CD5 (resized).jpeg9F52A03D-41F8-48E3-B7BC-17555C5D4CD5 (resized).jpeg

#17020 3 years ago

Yep, and I told myself, ahh so this wont happen anyways lol

#17021 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Zidware 2.OH NO!!!!!!
Seriously. Ya'll have NO IDEA how much Robert was obsessed with the purple boy wonder. Well... some of you do.

I wish I knew how to do Photoshop.
I would put Roberts face on Abbott and Jpop on Costello.

#17022 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wish I knew how to do Photoshop.
I would put Roberts face on Abbott and Jpop on Costello.

ask, and ye shall receive.

costello3 (resized).jpgcostello3 (resized).jpg
#17023 3 years ago

maintaining the nose gag was a nice touch!

#17024 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from frobozz:

Actually, that was in May, 2018. My how time flies!

#17025 3 years ago

More like derprootpinball.com, am I right?

I clicked a "contact us" link.

#17026 3 years ago

Did Ice get kicked from this topic?

I miss his boundless enthusiasm and youthful exuberance.

#17027 3 years ago

He's done this before but he always come back.

73f39a663a48a0d2975b4704f51b4cda930b50b4 (resized).png73f39a663a48a0d2975b4704f51b4cda930b50b4 (resized).png

#17028 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Should I feel guilty? His next to last post was a reply to a post I made in this thread.

#17029 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Should I feel guilty? His next to last post was a reply to a post I made in this thread.

I think there's going to be a crowd of people, all trying to take the credit.
I-am-spartacus (resized).pngI-am-spartacus (resized).png

#17030 3 years ago

Man...just checking in as I have not kept up with the latest. So what’s the deal? Are games actually gonna get made/delivered?

This company came in and talked a a big game stating plans to launch multiple titles....gave people that lost money a chance to take money or wait for a game....is this nothing more than delusions of grandeur?

#17031 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Man...just checking in as I have not kept up with the latest. So what’s the deal? Are games actually gonna get made/delivered?
This company came in and talked a a big game stating plans to launch multiple titles....gave people that lost money a chance to take money or wait for a game....is this nothing more than delusions of grandeur?

Endless dumbfuckery. Probably some, assembled by hand, eventually. Correct. In some cases. Yes.

#17032 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

I hope he comes back. I've been known to kick back a few, but Ice gives some awesome informed opinions on wealth accumulation and strategies. Id buy every badass pinball machine that may or not make it to market to, if i could!

#17033 3 years ago

Was it supposed to be 5 days of deeproot or 5 years? Seems like the latter

#17034 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s 5 days, give or take 5 years

#17035 3 years ago

Hey let's pick it up. Only 7k more posts and and the Jpop thread count is history! I wonder if that will happen before a pin is released?

#17036 3 years ago

Some more haikus...

We are the greatest
Ship more games than anyone
Oops. Pinball is hard

Hammer test play field
Octomanufacturing
We just make $h1t up

Delay? What delay?
External expectations
That’s on you, not me

#17037 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hey let's pick it up. Only 7k more posts and and the Jpop thread count is history! I wonder if that will happen before a pin is released?

All signs point to yes

#17038 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ill help with this picture of a burning food truck!

74A278D4-9FA6-4B4E-964F-11EF67A334E4 (resized).jpeg74A278D4-9FA6-4B4E-964F-11EF67A334E4 (resized).jpeg
#17039 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"You can invite up to four friends"
Oh gee thanks for telling me how many people I can have in my OWN HOME who are you the CDC Gestapo?

Great I can invite my imaginary friends over, and see my imaginary game!

Sorry could not resist. What a Sh@t show.

#17040 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

never said consecutive days

#17041 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Five consecutive February the 29ths

#17042 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Five consecutive February the 29ths

Actually February 30th

#17043 3 years ago

Endless dumbfuckery. Probably some, assembled by hand, eventually. Correct. In some cases. Yes.

Thanks for confirming! Words can’t say how ridiculous this is.

#17044 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Thanks for confirming! Words can’t say how ridiculous this is.

It’s all Jpoop as Ben says.

Great companies have level 5 leaders and the right people on the bus.

#17045 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Its so funny he sends me a love letter calling me a crybaby even though he's got a block list a mile long and has to deactivate. Come on Ice! You're Texas tough! TBH I like having him around, hope he comes back soon.

Quoted from alexmogil:

Are we really still pretending that wasn't just his way of weaseling out when it became apparent that they had nothing to show back then?

#17046 3 years ago

Place is better off without him. Much better off.

#17047 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, ICE melts when things get hot.

#17048 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Place is better off without him. Much better off.

Comon Levi, Kim, ice is one of the greats here. He is never mean and often hilarious and fun to read. These threads are informative but most importantly entertaining, and without him, I believe, we lost a great dude and lots of entertainment!

#17049 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Comon Levi, Kim, ice is one of the greats here. He is never mean and often hilarious and fun to read. These threads are informative but most importantly entertaining, and without him, I believe, we lost a great dude and lots of entertainment!

I agree completely Bill.

#17050 3 years ago

Fine you guys got me convinced. Unban yourself Ice!

Would be nice though if he'd stop not only diving headfirst into every scam in pinball, but stop doing it in such a way that he encourages others. I'm convinced he's at least partially responsible for all of the non-existent Aliens people "bought" from ASOA.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/341?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.