• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 669.
#16951 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Why doesn't Deeproot have the full warranty on their website?

Agreed, along with the blanket indemnity contract, those two things I believe are what caused the no warranty misperception.

Man this company is confusing.

#16952 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It also seems like that post is showing that you would see the warranty information AFTER making the purchase. It would be nice to know what warranty and other terms and conditions you are agreeing to, before you agree to them.

Incorrect. The warranty was laid out in its entirety prior to signing the contract which completed your order. Or, anyone could have simply asked deeproot any questions prior to making a decision on whether or not to purchase RAZA like I did. They were extremely responsive answering any questions I had within 24 hours. I communicated with Wilhelm and he was great to deal with and had excellent knowledge of their product. One quick example, I did not know if I could fit the topper because of my ceiling height. He responded back not only with all the cabinet dimensions I needed, but also the dimensions of the playfield glass lid in both of its service positions as that was of importance as well.

#16953 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Incorrect. The warranty was laid out in its entirety prior to signing the contract which completed your order.

Thanks, but I'm not sure I understand.
Where can we see the warranty terms? Are you saying that you had to ask? Or that they were visible during the order process, but not before?

#16954 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Agreed, along with the blanket indemnity contract, those two things I believe are what caused the no warranty misperception.
Man this company is confusing.

Yes, their communication can clearly improve. But, if anyone that was seriously considering preordering a RAZA would have simply reached out to them, they would have got any answers they were looking for instead of relying on the speculation, misinformation, and nonsense contained in this thread.

Deeproot was very up front with me stating they are a new company and are learning from their mistakes. I appreciated their honesty and transparency. They have clearly been smacked with a dose of reality since all of Robert’s early outlandish claims and bravado. They also didn’t pressure me into preordering with any aggressive sales tactics and simply answered my questions while wishing me the best regardless of my decision.

One other thing of note that I was told in my communications in December PRIOR to making the decision to order RAZA...when I asked them when RAZA would actually ship, they acknowledged that the dates provided on their website were goals but didn’t know with certainty when they would ship. Robert has recently expressed this same sentiment. As far as I’m concerned, I’m hoping for sometime this year. But, I just want them to get it right so I’m being patient. Deeproot NEEDS to nail this as the sales of future titles and their success depends on it!

#16955 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

They also didn’t pressure me into preordering with any aggressive sales tactics

Uh... 3 week sales window of "buy now or never" is an aggressive sales tactic.

#16956 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Thanks, but I'm not sure I understand.
Where can we see the warranty terms? Are you saying that you had to ask? Or that they were visible during the order process, but not before?

I thought I was pretty clear in my previous post...maybe not? The warranty was clearly defined during the preorder process BEFORE you signed the contract which then completed your order. Or, you could have simply asked them, as I did, any questions you had before taking the “plunge”.

#16957 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Telling people what they want to hear so they'll send over thousands and thousands of dollars on a prayer for something that doesn't exist is also an aggressive sales tactic.

#16958 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sure...it can be viewed as such. When communicating with them that did not come up at all and it was just simply them answering all of my questions. All I can tell you is that I had a VERY positive no pressure experience communicating with them while deciding whether or not to preorder. I looked at the sales window as...you want it, now is the time...or...shit or get off the pot! I look at RAZA as the springboard for all their other future titles that Oursler and others have been working on.

#16959 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
So what was touted as a ten-year, hammer-tested warranty for a playfield that would never dimple ends up being a six-month warranty that doesn't cover dimpling.
Robert truly is the gift that keeps on giving (and jpop is the grift that keeps on grifting).

WRONG! If you upgraded to an Enhanced pf, you get one full year of protection. I mean, with Octo-manufacturing, they can run 4 variations on the same line and give exactly what the customer ordered, no more, no less..

#16960 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

WRONG! If you upgraded to an Enhanced pf, you get one full year of protection. I mean, with Octo-manufacturing, they can run 4 variations on the same line and give exactly what the customer ordered, no more, no less..

MORE MISINFORMATION! There is no such thing as an “enhanced playfield” only an enhanced warranty! The enhanced warranty was available to buy during the preorder process for RAZA and doubled the warranty for those that wanted a longer period of coverage. No different than buying an extended warranty on a car, TV, appliance, etc.

This place cracks me up...enhanced playfield...classic!

#16961 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Answer to question 1: Bc I trust RM tells the truth.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA LOLOLOL

Quoted from wrb1977:

You’re welcome. As per deeproot as of December, the playfields WILL be hammer tested. As you stated they do not specifically mention dimpling, but they do state that the warranty will cover pooling, which is the main issue I have with many current manufacturer’s playfields. So assuming they honor this, this a step in the right direction with modern playfields.

Lets hope they honor that as their very own pictures of "preproduction" playfields have pooling issues.

#16962 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lets hope they honor that as their very own pictures of "preproduction" playfields have pooling issues.

Agreed...I noticed that as well.

#16963 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Answer to question 1: Bc I trust RM tells the truth.

#16964 3 years ago

If he ever spoke the truth, his lips would blister.

#16965 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I look at RAZA as the springboard for all their other future titles

im not so sure i would call it a 'springboard', and its taking an awfully long time to reach its end.

#16966 3 years ago

16k posts about nothing.
Why do I keep coming back here to see nothing?

Probably the same reason I watch Oak Island.

#16967 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Hey Kim! The warranty info I posted was available from the very beginning of the preorder window.

Available from the very beginning? You mean the information that you only got after contacting the company directly because in your own words...
—————

Quoted from wrb1977:

I went through the entire site and had more questions than answers

Quoted from wrb1977:

What is their Standard Warranty and what is the $1500 Extended Warranty?
Basically, how do decide on these options when they are not telling you what they are???

———

It even took a week? Of back and forth to convince you... an acknowledged blind faith buyer... to buy in. Then you jump on people for incomplete info? Oh how quickly we forget...

Quoted from wrb1977:

The “blanket indemnity” as it’s being called, honestly is a typical CYA and I couldn’t care less. I’m either going to get RAZA or not, and none of those factors will affect that. I weighed the risk vs reward and determined the $500 gamble was worth it. If I never see RAZA I’m out 500 bucks and I knew that when I signed up and I’m at peace with that. Hope all is well!

Unfortunately its not just $500 at risk. Sure that is your deposit, but you really will have 6k+ on the line... because just receiving the game is not necessarily what makes you whole and satisfied. This is where the very explicit agreement will favor DR... not you.

Even you said you wouldn’t trust everything they said.. and their “legal team” convinced them they needed to have an terms of sale document you explicitly had to individually acknowledge. This is not the posture of customer satisfaction and extended recovery... that is a defensive posture... and its gonna be your full game on the table, not just a deposit.

Quoted from wrb1977:

Bottom line...all this nonsense can affect deeproot’s chances of long term success

Hrmmm... heard that excuse before too... “my company failed because of pinside...”. From who... oh yeah another company over promising, trying to control information and avoid self responsibility.

#16968 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I thought I was pretty clear in my previous post...maybe not? The warranty was clearly defined during the preorder process BEFORE you signed the contract which then completed your order. Or, you could have simply asked them, as I did, any questions you had before taking the “plunge”.

According to your other self in December it wasn’t.

Getting the info one on one via personal inquiry before you decided sure doesn’t sound like “during the preorder process”.

#16969 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Getting the info one on one via personal inquiry before you decided sure doesn’t sound like “during the preorder process”.

well to be fair, it WAS during HIS pre-order process. My interpretation from what he said was that you would have seen the warranty info before signing whatever was signed and the deposit was kissed goodbye. I think he wanted to see it before committing to sign anything though? It definitely should have been very transparent and available on their site during the pre-order window, one would think, which doesn't seem to exactly be the case.

Regardless, a warranty on something that doesn't yet exist is just as good as no warranty on something that doesn't yet exist. Gotta get over that 1st hurdle before warranty talk is even really warranted.

#16970 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Regardless, a warranty on something that doesn't yet exist is just as good as no warranty on something that doesn't yet exist. Gotta get over that 1st hurdle before warranty talk is even really warranted.

Stop talking sense!

#16971 3 years ago

Warranty Haiku

No Root Warranty
No games ever delivered
Warranty Needless

#16972 3 years ago

So still no pictures?
Hard to believe at this point
Hope this changes soon

Without a timeline
There is no idea when
RAZA's will go out

Does Steven Bowden
Ever give any info
About production?

#16973 3 years ago
GUARANTEE_POINT_OF_SALE (resized).pngGUARANTEE_POINT_OF_SALE (resized).png
#16974 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200627-124748_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200627-124748_Messages (resized).jpg
#16975 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

MORE MISINFORMATION! There is no such thing as an “enhanced playfield” only an enhanced warranty! The enhanced warranty was available to buy during the preorder process for RAZA and doubled the warranty for those that wanted a longer period of coverage. No different than buying an extended warranty on a car, TV, appliance, etc.
This place cracks me up...enhanced playfield...classic!

Thats the point. Why in the hell would anyone buy the enhanced protection. What, does dr already not trust the playfields they havent even built yet, so they offer extended warranties. Goes along with the rest of the weirdness that is dr.

I admire your enthusiasm though!

#16976 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Does Steven Bowden
Ever give any info
About production?

Why would he know? He’s paid to write rules.

#16977 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The warranty was clearly defined during the preorder process BEFORE you signed the contract which then completed your order.

I was trying to determine if one would get to see the full warranty terms and other conditions before making payment.
Usually the payment completes the order.
Did you get to see the contract before making your payment?
Were you aware that there would be a contract to sign?

#16978 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Robert is quiet
Steve at least posts publicly
Figured I would ask

#16979 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe he'd be curious about when his creations will see the light of day? Sure he wouldn't have actual production schedules but ball park, I'd think he would want to know...unless it is just a contract pay check of course.

#16980 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

But, if anyone that was seriously considering preordering a RAZA would have simply reached out to them, they would have got any answers they were looking for instead of relying on the speculation, misinformation, and nonsense contained in this thread.

I was seriously considering a purchase and did reach out. This is what I recieved:

a583351626652f548c17c823077c736461deb8c3 (resized).jpga583351626652f548c17c823077c736461deb8c3 (resized).jpg

Lady luck appears in strange ways...

#16981 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I was seriously considering a purchase and did reach out. This is what I recieved:
[quoted image]

More like derprootpinball.com, am I right?

#16982 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I was trying to determine if one would get to see the full warranty terms and other conditions before making payment.
Usually the payment completes the order.
Did you get to see the contract before making your payment?
Were you aware that there would be a contract to sign?

Just search his old posts... he lays it all out sequence wise in December.

Spoiler alert... yes

#16983 3 years ago

DP wasted a year on getting suppliers and orders to the suppliers. In my industry, industrial and hydraulics, we are experiencing shortages and inflation. We received a PO from one of our competitors for 2k pieces for their OEM.

If you don’t have a supply chain, acquiring one is going to be difficult; also prices are rising almost daily. As a community, we need to brace ourselves for a shocking increase in prices.

#16984 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

DP wasted a year on getting suppliers and orders to the suppliers. In my industry, industrial and hydraulics, we are experiencing shortages and inflation. We received a PO from one of our competitors for 2k pieces for their OEM.
If you don’t have a supply chain, acquiring one is going to be difficult; also prices are rising almost daily. As a community, we need to brace ourselves for a shocking increase in prices.

I sell CNC machines and I couldn't agree more EVERYTHING is going up by at least 10%. It's just the way it is. EVERYTHING is going up in price.

#16985 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Available from the very beginning? You mean the information that you only got after contacting the company directly because in your own words...
—————

———
It even took a week? Of back and forth to convince you... an acknowledged blind faith buyer... to buy in. Then you jump on people for incomplete info? Oh how quickly we forget...

Unfortunately its not just $500 at risk. Sure that is your deposit, but you really will have 6k+ on the line... because just receiving the game is not necessarily what makes you whole and satisfied. This is where the very explicit agreement will favor DR... not you.
Even you said you wouldn’t trust everything they said.. and their “legal team” convinced them they needed to have an terms of sale document you explicitly had to individually acknowledge. This is not the posture of customer satisfaction and extended recovery... that is a defensive posture... and its gonna be your full game on the table, not just a deposit.

Hrmmm... heard that excuse before too... “my company failed because of pinside...”. From who... oh yeah another company over promising, trying to control information and avoid self responsibility.

Yes, it was there from the very beginning as part of the preorder process. I didn’t go far enough into the process to see the warranty, therefore, I asked. If I would have went further I would have saw it and wouldn’t of had to ask. So yes, it was there from the beginning of the preorder process as part of the contract at checkout prior to payment. And yes, their communication and how they present information needs improvement. Got it now?

Oh how you think you know everything... Yes, it took me a week to decide as I’m thorough and wanted as much information as possible to make an educated decision, your point? I was not jumping on people for incomplete info, I was jumping on people for wrong info. The word on the street here in this thread was that deeproot offered no warranty, which I felt like correcting. Do you understand the difference between incomplete info and wrong info? And by the way, I didn’t forget ANYTHING...I LIVED IT while you were admiring your own posts here in this thread.

No way! I’m going to have $6k on the line once I pay in full and receive RAZA...I had no idea!!! And what warranty doesn’t favor the manufacturer??? Have you ever bought anything in your life? I got to say, I’m still reeling from you opening my eyes that once I receive RAZA I’m going to have more than my $500 deposit on the line...damn what did I do???

I never said deeproot will fail because of Pinside. I said that blatant misinformation can be damaging to a company. We cool now?

#16986 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Me and my “other self” both decided that “we” covered this topic sufficiently in “our” previous post.

#16987 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]

You had to use the form that can be found under the “contact” section of their website.

Or...Lady Luck may have not been so lucky for you...time will tell!

#16988 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

time will tell

Keep the thread sizzling so well sail into the March update on boiling water. As deeproot has RAZA sizzle.

#16989 3 years ago

Silverballs wildly bashing
worlds under glass colliding
Everywhere but DeepRoot

#16990 3 years ago

Hiding in his pinpod
Inventing quad manufacturing
In case someone asks

#16991 3 years ago

Can we discuss Zizzle? Does Deep Root own those as well?

#16992 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:Can we discuss Zizzle? Does Deep Root own those as well?

Assuming that's a serious question, those were made for the toy market, which is very VERY different. Low cost, high volume, and it's the responsibility of the manufacturer to bear the losses rather than the retailer when stock doesn't sell and gets returned (unless things have changed significantly since Nintendo got burned that way initially with the Game & Watch). Even if they had the option, and I'm pretty sure they don't, Deep Root wouldn't want to touch it.

#16993 3 years ago

Email didn't work
Orders were lost forever
Seems like a big deal

Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]

#16994 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 4.07.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-23 at 4.07.24 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 4.07.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-23 at 4.07.35 AM (resized).png

#16995 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are you kidding me!! Lol. This is proof JPOP is in charge. Designers will come and setup your machine. Sounds familiar. WOW..

#16996 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you kidding me!! Lol. This is proof JPOP is in charge. Designers will come and setup your machine. Sounds familiar. WOW..

I keep telling people this and they keep not believing me.

See also quad manufacturing, hammer tested and the fact their original open house reveal had a LINGER LONGER scheduled.

#16997 3 years ago

Holy crap, that quote is hilarious.

#16998 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And play with you too!

Very excited for this. Which game / designer will you all pick if you win?

Dennis, please make sure your sunscreen is reef safe and that you have a negative covid result from a test administered <= 72 hours prior to departure. Otherwise, you'll be required to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival. Aloha!

#16999 3 years ago

"You can invite up to four friends"

Oh gee thanks for telling me how many people I can have in my OWN HOME who are you the CDC Gestapo?

#17000 3 years ago

I wonder if I can get Barry to deliver me Food Truck...IN a food truck?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/340?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.