Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 672.
#16802 3 years ago

Viva la raza!!!!!!!!

#16803 3 years ago

Viva La Raza!!!

#16804 3 years ago

Is this the new lionman?

#16805 3 years ago

Viva La Raza!!!!!

#16806 3 years ago

As I understand it, John had all kinds of people helping him with his games. He just stole from or otherwise screwed them over sufficiently until he found himself frittering away alone until another guy with money would get sucked in to restart the process / charade.

#16807 3 years ago

Viva

La

Raza

#16808 3 years ago

Viva___________
______La_______
_________RAZA!

#16809 3 years ago

#16810 3 years ago

zzd7aec9ce-336d-40eb-877c-47e8df452700.ced73296d48a30f4d4a48694dc0365db (resized).jpegzzd7aec9ce-336d-40eb-877c-47e8df452700.ced73296d48a30f4d4a48694dc0365db (resized).jpeg

#16811 3 years ago

Viva La RAZA!!

#16812 3 years ago
829EEA1D-BD6B-4702-BFAF-06958B6F98E3 (resized).jpeg829EEA1D-BD6B-4702-BFAF-06958B6F98E3 (resized).jpeg
#16813 3 years ago

¿Viva la RAZA?

#16814 3 years ago

VIVA LA RAZA!

#16815 3 years ago

How about.... HASTA LA VISTA RAZA?

#16817 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How about.... HASTA LA VISTA RAZA?

I wish you had had all these witty words of wisdom when I was sending checks to John and Benheckpinball for my Ben Heck Zombie Adventureland.
But I guess you too were under a NDA huh.

#16818 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Is this the new lionman?

"LIE N SCAM"

#16819 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I wish you had had all these witty words of wisdom when I was sending checks to John and Benheckpinball for my Ben Heck Zombie Adventureland.
But I guess you too were under a NDA huh.

I hadn't yet realized it was a scam. Like Nordman I just wanted to go someplace where I could make a game.

And who would have the community believed? Me, or the PINBALL GOD THAT IS JPOP?

#16820 3 years ago
275c33b0f4d190cc6f8ecdae611b7637 (resized).png275c33b0f4d190cc6f8ecdae611b7637 (resized).png
#16821 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I hadn't yet realized it was a scam.

Scam or just John’s incompetence for what he believed himself capable of doing.

#16822 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Who’s watching all these Bowden rules short videos? Anything looking interesting?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but is Bowden a programmer? I’m under the impression that he’s just writing out tomes of rules...who’s actually coding these games?

#16823 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but is Bowden a programmer? I’m under the impression that he’s just writing out tomes of rules...who’s actually coding these games?

https://turnerlogic.com/portfolio/

#16824 3 years ago

So, he’s not programming? All pinball companies have programmers who create the rules & then implement them along with light & sound choreography. I wonder why DR would split these duties. Could there be any logical advantage to this approach?

#16825 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder why DR would split these duties. Could there be any logical advantage to this approach?

Absolutely, if your programmers don't know what makes a game fun. It'd be downright necessary.

#16826 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, he’s not programming? All pinball companies have programmers who create the rules & then implement them along with light & sound choreography. I wonder why DR would split these duties. Could there be any logical advantage to this approach?

Its Deeproot, no deep thought is required to analyze their botch of a pinball operation...

#16828 3 years ago

Steve is not programming or a programmer. Robert is confident the guys who make his Deeproot websites will also program dozens of pinball games including the early make-or-break titles.

#16829 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

John’s incompetence for what he believed himself capable of doing

A personality disorder. He believed (and said) zidware already was successful bc it collected all that preorder money. He believed (and said) he is a perfectionist who can finish a game on his own. He believed (and said) at B/W he was head of the team controlling and leading the whole built process.

All wrong. He even sued 26 zidware customers for 100k total outstanding payment bc he believed with that money he could finish the games.

RM is the perfect impressario for Jpop to let his genius shine. As fan of Jpops he was willing to lift him up to burn a lot of money and manpower to finish a game for him. AP was not a fan of JPop they were disappointed frustrated and angry about all his gaslighting and exuberance and threw him out.

#16830 3 years ago

You can release Jpop games on a loss only on a loss bc its niche taste. It’s like a beautiful woman that put you into a loss but you can wear her like a colorful scarf. I believe RM sees it that way Jpop is the colorful scarf food truck shall bring in the money.

#16831 3 years ago

Viva La Raza!

#16832 3 years ago

The irony of boomers on pinside saying Viva La Raza without a glimmer of understanding what that phrase means or who it is meant to empower.

#16833 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Steve is not programming or a programmer. Robert is confident the guys who make his Deeproot websites will also program dozens of pinball games including the early make-or-break titles.

I wonder what they’re coding in, html?? Lol I guess it appears to be working, at least from what we’ve seen. I guess it’s not that weird, decent coders just need to know the objective. Just coming up with rules all day or light/sound ideas sounds great - that’s a sweet gig for Bowden, assuming he’s still being paid.

#16834 3 years ago
A0DFBEB0-3580-4988-897F-16A4C08EA377 (resized).jpegA0DFBEB0-3580-4988-897F-16A4C08EA377 (resized).jpeg
#16835 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I wonder what they’re coding in, html?? Lol I guess it appears to be working, at least from what we’ve seen. I guess it’s not that weird, decent coders just need to know the objective. Just coming up with rules all day or light/sound ideas sounds great - that’s a sweet gig for Bowden, assuming he’s still being paid.

I do not think we yet have sufficient data to evaluate how well it's working

#16836 3 years ago

RIP Eddie, one of the greatest of all time!

#16837 3 years ago

(edited)

#16838 3 years ago

Wish we got a $1400 cheque in the UK

#16839 3 years ago

Ben,

That was Zidware 2.0

I think DR is the new and improved 3.0.

#16840 3 years ago
downloadfile (resized).jpgdownloadfile (resized).jpg
#16841 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

(edited by mod team)

Keep politics out of this please.

#16842 3 years ago

Somebody help me out what's this viva la Raza thing all about?

I read the last 4 pages of this dumpster fire and learned nothing.

#16843 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm feeling feisty, so here's a controversial hot take: I actually DO want deeproot to fail.

Just can't jump on this ship, as a business owner, I would never wish for another person's business to fail

#16844 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

A personality disorder. He believed (and said) zidware already was successful bc it collected all that preorder money. He believed (and said) he is a perfectionist who can finish a game on his own. He believed (and said) at B/W he was head of the team controlling and leading the whole built process.
All wrong. He even sued 26 zidware customers for 100k total outstanding payment bc he believed with that money he could finish the games.
RM is the perfect impressario for Jpop to let his genius shine. As fan of Jpops he was willing to lift him up to burn a lot of money and manpower to finish a game for him. AP was not a fan of JPop they were disappointed frustrated and angry about all his gaslighting and exuberance and threw him out.

JPop, I'm fairly sure because I recognise the traits, is ASD, as am I. And most likely many past and present creatives who get on this Alice In Wonderland rigmarole. That's not a criticism, merely a thing. "We're all mad here, you must be or you wouldn't be here."

#16846 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So, he’s not programming? All pinball companies have programmers who create the rules & then implement them along with light & sound choreography.

Why would the creator of the rules have to be the one who codes it?

The confusion seems to come from the fact that 'code' and 'rules' are interchanged.

I am certain that Keith Elwin has said in the past that he doesn't know the first thing about coding and doesn't code at Stern. I would expect it to be the same in the vast majority of cases, with Lyman being the most notable exception.

#16847 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I thought the Viva La Raza was a grassroots effort by the Pre-order guys to invade this thread and have some fun. That made me smile and I thought good for them, they need to blow off some steam at us.

So I joined in myself but a short time later I saw on Facebook that Kaneda had started this so I went back to my post and changed it. Read my edit notes post #16810 just above on this page.

I enjoy Kaneda's Podcast and consider Chris a friend. But I'm also an independent thinker and I don't like being a part of any movement such as this. Not wittingly at least.

Gotta give him credit as he knows how to work a crowd. Just not for me.

#16848 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

A former Pinsider and current podcast host is telling people on Facebook to post "Viva La Raza" in this thread.

(Edit) Sorry...didn't read Kim's post before mine.

#16849 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I thought the Viva La Raza was a grassroots effort by the Pre-order guys to invade this thread and have some fun. That made me smile and I thought good for them they need to blow off some steam at us.
So I joined in myself but a short time later I saw on Facebook that Kaneda had started this so I went back to my post and changed it. Read my edit notes post #16810 just above on this page.
I enjoy Kaneda's Podcast and consider Chris a friend. But I'm also an independent thinker and I don't like being a part of any movement such as this.
Gotta give the guy credit as he knows how to work a crowd. Just not for me.

I didn't like the idea until I realized I could post Eddie Guerrero's theme song. I LIE, I CHEAT, I STEAL

#16850 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I googled it. “Viva la raza” seems like an odd thing for everybody to be posting here, but whatever. Maybe this thread is destined to be the next “Lionman!”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.