Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 672.
#16401 3 years ago

I hate to rain on your bankruptcy party and parade! You guys still might get to see the total failure you want. lol

But...... if you recall, they received several hundred thousand in PPP money. So the idea that people are working for months on end with zero pay is BS.

I don't doubt the sentiment of what was said in the Glassdoor review, I'm sure Scandell will say the same thing.

I'm also relatively certain that the current employees are not slaves working for free? LOL

#16402 3 years ago

Oh I don't know...they were probably promised a RAZA.

#16403 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh I don't know...they were probably promised a RAZA.

Some assembly required.

#16404 3 years ago

Did Robert not talk about blowing thru tons of cash each month about 2 years ago? I can’t remember, might have all been speculated based on large staff and facilities but I thought he stated something about it.. would have to dig back to page 200 or so..

Basically we have zero clue how much money is left or has been used, if they were cut off at some point or not, and if they WERE cut off- if that changes based on getting a few RAZAs out the door finally.

For certain, millions have been spent though. To get back to a net zero gain/loss at this point would still take years and good sales on more than 2 more titles.

#16405 3 years ago

Yes he bragged about a burn rate of 750k/month.

#16406 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The funny thing is RAZA is probably not even that great. Video wasn't very impressive. Where's the... Ahem... MAGIC?

I know it's not the narrative that you want to hear and i would agree that i didn't think the video was all that impressive either but.....

Mike M. who runs the pinball at "What's Brewing" in San Antonio and set up the whole thing spent a bunch of time actually playing the game and he's a big fan of it. He's an excellent player and works on my machines when needed. I respect his opinion and is one of the reasons i put my small deposit down.

#16407 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They did indeed say that, but Probably just more deep root bullshit.

I hope so anyway. For their sake.

#16408 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

For certain, millions have been spent though. To get back to a net zero gain/loss at this point would still take years and good sales on more than 2 more titles.

Many many years. What they really need to achieve is to get to net cash flow positive. That's why they better get this thing off the ground and moving down the line, game to game.

As for recouping the original investment? I would say very doubtful, ever.

#16409 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hate to rain on your bankruptcy party and parade! You guys still might get to see the total failure you want. lol
But...... if you recall, they received several hundred thousand in PPP money. So the idea that people are working for months on end with zero pay is BS.
I don't doubt the sentiment of what was said in the Glassdoor review, I'm sure Scandell will say the same thing.
I'm also relatively certain that the current employees are not slaves working for free? LOL

Ice Jpop gets everyone to work for free! You know this! when I got into Zidware, I had lunch with Zombie yeti and he gave me the low down! I ended up paying him what john owed out of my own pocket as he was the sane one at the comapny! He also barely paid for any product and still Owes Chris over a 100k! The books..... they may as well never existed they were a friggin mess !

#16410 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ice Jpop gets everyone to work for free! You know this! when I got into Zidware, I had lunch with Zombie yeti and he gave me the low down! I ended up paying him what john owed out of my own pocket as he was the sane one at the comapny! He also barely paid for any product and still Owes Chris over a 100k! The books..... they may as well never existed they were a friggin mess !

I think you guys give Jpop the pied piper WAY too much credit Bill! He is one that should be working for FREE though.

#16411 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This may seem like a lot to non business experts but don't forget that Deeproot uses a lean development model. Other companies would probably burn 2-3x trying to keep up with Robert and co.

#16412 3 years ago

This thread is getting way out of control...
What's next pitchforks? Tar and feathers?
No skin in this game but can't understand the hatred!
Don't like it ,dont buy it..

#16413 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

This may seem like a lot to non business experts but don't forget that Deeproot uses a lean development model. Other companies would probably burn 2-3x trying to keep up with Robert and co.

That's an excellent point! I also think they did the smart thing by launching two years late, it took a lot of research to get Quad Manufacturing ready for prime time but now old Henry Ford and his "lines" will be relegated to the dustbin of history!

#16414 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Some assembly required.

No no - I just got an update.

ASOA is selling RAZA now.

Found out in the ASOA thread.

Buy with confidence

#16415 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No, probably just another 50 pages of bitching lol

#16416 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Some people feel they got axes to grind, so they found a place to do it with positive reinforcement.

Oh wait, that's Pinside!!

#16417 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Going off the rails again to crazy town!
DR has NOT spent “tens of millions of dollars” on pinball.
The monies raised was NOT to invest in a pinball company per se
The monies raised were for the “575 fund” which is supported by affiliates, insurance etc. pinball is an “affiliate”
The “investors” have no clue.
The investment committee for 575 I was told had cut off funds to pinball. No idea how true that is.

One thing is for sure, and I'm sure RM hopes it stays this way:"The investors have no clue.."

#16418 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great point ICE. They received
MY tax payer money. I didnt have an ax to grind before, but knowing they are clueless and taking MY money. Its hammer time, Eff dp. They deserve and will be bashed relentlessly.

People. WE are now investors in dr. How do you feel about that?

#16419 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That is the point.. There is still nothing to buy at this stage.

#16420 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Deeproot image is on an alltime low. They collected non refundable preorder money with the promise of shipping games in march. That promise is broken with the February update. It’s not only broken but it was impossible from the start.

That’s why any overproduced RAZAS will be sold at 3x without the preorder risk discount.

#16421 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Deeproot image is on an alltime low. They collected non refundable preorder money with the promise of shipping games in march. That promise is broken with the February update. It’s not only broken but it was impossible from the start.
That’s why any overproduced RAZAS will be sold at 3x without the preorder risk discount.

Maybe there are some extra Magic Girls hiding in a Chicago warehouse they could pull out to attempt to make good on some of the RAZA orders.

#16422 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Did you buy one ?
Point is nobody should care , unless they are owed a game,or they they preordered.

#16423 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?
Point is nobody should care , unless they are owed a game,or they they preordered.

Dont forget federal Covid bailout money from US taxpayers. He better be meticulously accounting for that.

#16424 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?

Yet here I am....not owed a game nor having preordered, caring whether there might be another actual pinball manufacturer in the industry.

#16425 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's an excellent point! I also think they did the smart thing by launching two years late, it took a lot of research to get Quad Manufacturing ready for prime time but now old Henry Ford and his "lines" will be relegated to the dustbin of history!

First rule of Lean - you need to have a product to manufacture.

#16426 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I dunno Ice. Yeah granted it probably wasn't the whole $30 million but I bet it was still A LOT.
Just back of the napkin math based only on what we've seen... The money piped through Zidware, the Utah studio/staff, the 41k Sq ft. noodling facility, a once large staff of engineers and creative professionals with competitive wages and benefits (not $11/hour line workers)
Might not be $30 million but I bet it's at least 10.

$10 mill prob in the ballpark

They had to have made some return on the $35 mill or so. It’s been a great market depending on what they invested in with the 575 fund

Investors expect to get their return and principal back

#16427 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

MY tax payer money. I didnt have an ax to grind before, but knowing they are clueless and taking MY money. Its hammer time, Eff dp. They deserve and will be bashed relentlessly.

So we taxpayers are invested in every company in the country that received PPP? How do we get a return? Lol

I thought someone posted they got paid in two different entities?

#16428 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?

But...you are too here..telling other people what they should talk about. Do YOU have one on order?

#16429 3 years ago

Follow-up on my own question: the Deeproot Creative Universe™ proceeds full speed ahead.
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.03.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.03.13 PM (resized).png

#16430 3 years ago

@Scandell, I'm looking at the open positions on https://deeprootstudios.com/careers/ and hoping you can help me decide if deeproot studios represents the right refuge for my unique creative visions.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.14.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.14.39 PM (resized).png

I'd be lying if I pretended Robert's impressive package hasn't piqued my interest. Can you provide an insider's perspective on these benefits?

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.25.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-04 at 8.25.18 PM (resized).png

Like, are we talking any kind of soft drinks or just Shasta? What would a pinpod run me with the employee discount? How many deeproot days would I start with and what new IP did you develop during yours? In deeproot's family-style corporate culture, is Robert the daddy?

#16431 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?

I have an xtra with all xtras on order. Bc I see double digit odds Ill get a finished RAZA not bc I firmly believe. The February update was pretty reveiling and is reason for all the noise atm. You can argue no customer should reveal it to the public like some do in the owner thread but although I agree this one is biased against deeproot it delivers som aspects and info I havent thought of and is therefore of customer value.

#16432 3 years ago

I like turtles

#16433 3 years ago

I found a book for Robert. I think he should read this one. I’m reading it and it speaks volumes about straight talk. Deeproot would be so much better if they just told the truth.

5E283313-710C-4C2E-B7D4-5ED53FC12754 (resized).jpeg5E283313-710C-4C2E-B7D4-5ED53FC12754 (resized).jpeg
#16434 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But...you are too here..telling other people what they should talk about. Do YOU have one on order?

No sir ... but not taking crap about them, not hoping they fail, not trying to figure out their corporate finances , not wishing them to go out of business.
Hoping the people that have invested get their games. Would like to see another company making games.
Only time will tell.

#16435 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No sir ... but not taking crap about them, not hoping they fail, not trying to figure out their corporate finances , not wishing them to go out of business.
Hoping the people that have invested get their games. Would like to see another company making games.
Only time will tell.

I mean, let's be real. If you've been around here for any amount of time....all the manufacturers get trashed. There's some bad history here which is much of it. Some would say it's well deserved until shown otherwise, and they've had...7+ years to show them otherwise.

#16436 3 years ago

“DeepRoot Days”. Hoo boy. Is that where they do car washes to pay off that PPP loan?

And the fact that the local barcade operator says something nice about the local pinball “manufacturer” ( ) is hardly surprising. You don’t shit where you eat.

#16437 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did you buy one ?

I think you are looking for the pre-order thread then. This is the thread where we talk about the reality of the situation.

#16438 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'd be lying if I pretended Robert's impressive package hasn't piqued my interest. Can you provide an insider's perspective on these benefits?

So if I'm reading that right:

Bonus opportunities - Only if we're profitable (everything is an opportunity)

Business and profit sharing - Again, you need profit first

Free and discounted products - Guessing free means you can take bad playfields home, and discounted means at cost (again IF they build a pinball.. Maybe that's why they are building 160 RAZA's, 30 employees are buying one at cost)

9/80 work schedule - I had to look this up, this sounds like the most complicated schedule I've ever heard of in my life, and I guarantee in the pinball world most employees are salary and this doesn't even apply to them. I work 9/9/8.5/8.5/7 work weeks, and typically because of the busy life of an engineer I usually get screwed and have to work 8 hours on Friday to wrap up my projects before the week ends.

Medical/dental premiums paid by deeproot - I'm guessing that means free health insurance? Or are they saying they pitch in to offset the cost?

Deeproot days - I love this concept and wish more companies would do it, but again I'm guessing in the world of manufacturing there's never time to actually do this

On-site cafeteria - Technically every company has a "cafe" even if it's some tables and vending machines

paid soft drinks, snacks, and food subsidies - I'm guessing when it's crunch time they bring in food to keep working. I once worked at a place that mandated 50 hour work weeks (including saturdays), and our reward was a couple pizzas once a month.. It did not make up for my $25/hour x 40 hours of free labor they got

#16439 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You should be upset at the people giving them your tax money not DR. Did you send back your stimulus checks? All manufacturers do get criticized but DR is a whole new level.

#16440 3 years ago

I had to look up a 9/80 work schedule. Interesting concept, but my wife wouldn't approve and it doesn't give me a lot of time with the kids.

#16441 3 years ago

John is 59. Only a few more years of him destroying wealth in our community before he gets on early SS and goes to live in a van down by the river.

#16442 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

9/80 work schedule - I had to look this up, this sounds like the most complicated schedule I've ever heard of in my life, and I guarantee in the pinball world most employees are salary and this doesn't even apply to them. I work 9/9/8.5/8.5/7 work weeks, and typically because of the busy life of an engineer I usually get screwed

It's actually quite simple and becoming increasingly more adopted as more people are now working from home. Week 1 you work 9/9/9/9/8 hours M-F. Week 2 is 9/9/9/9/0. You get every other Friday off by taking the 8 hours of that off-Friday and tacking 1hr on each day M-Th over those 2 weeks. If you department is large enough, the manager splits into 2 groups with alternating weeks, so only half the department is out on any given Friday. Young people tend to love the idea of 3-day weekends every other week. YMMV depending on your own weekly demand as a salaried employee.

The only other catches are, as you mention, salary vs. employee, when your pay period technically begins, pay schedule...etc. At a former employeer, I was on the schedule above, but hourly employees did 8/8/8/8/8 and then 10/10/10/10/0, and depending on the pay schedule start time you may need other considerations as well, but the above paragraph is the most simple way to do it.

#16443 3 years ago

Delete. Unnecessary comment.

#16444 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I have an xtra with all xtras on order. Bc I see double digit odds Ill get a finished RAZA not bc I firmly believe. .

I agree, you have about a 10 percent chance of getting these games.

#16445 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's actually quite simple and becoming increasingly more adopted as more people are now working from home. Week 1 you work 9/9/9/9/8 hours M-F. Week 2 is 9/9/9/9/0. You get every other Friday off by taking the 8 hours of that off-Friday and tacking 1hr on each day M-Th over those 2 weeks. If you department is large enough, the manager splits into 2 groups with alternating weeks, so only half the department is out on any given Friday. Young people tend to love the idea of 3-day weekends every other week. YMMV depending on your own weekly demand as a salaried employee.
The only other catches are, as you mention, salary vs. employee, when your pay period technically begins, pay schedule...etc. At a former employeer, I was on the schedule above, but hourly employees did 8/8/8/8/8 and then 10/10/10/10/0, and depending on the pay schedule start time you may need other considerations as well, but the above paragraph is the most simple way to do it.

Everyone in civil service just knows it as condensed work schedule/week... get every other friday off.

#16446 3 years ago

Ok Robert some free advice,
You can still surprise us all!

If...if you realy do have the rights to Goonies
Start building them now!
Drop the Poop bar, and the poop lifting glass, just a normal pin with great looks and rules
No need for internet connection

Come on
You can do it!

Pinball is...ehhh..., can be easy!

#16447 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Ok Robert some free advice,
You can still surprise us all!
Start building them now!
Drop the Poop bar, and the poop lifting glass, just a normal pin with great looks and rules
Come on
You can do it!
Pinball is...ehhh..., can be easy!

CHESTER COPPERPOT?!

Been on a dick Donner marathon and we just saw that one. Still holds up pretty well! Chris Columbus wrote the script which makes sense, the bad guys are pretty Home Aloney.

Of all the imaginary DR games that they don't actually have the licenses for this one could be the best. Or the Who. Can't decide.

#16448 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

But then how can they charge you for the $500/year subscription service?

#16449 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Start building them now!

It's more important that John be allowed to self-indulgently remake Cyclone so the ghost of Python Angelo will finally forgive him for stealing the idea for Pinball Magic.

Man. Imagine how it must f**k with your head to have your hero hate you. Explains a lot actually...

#16450 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You should be upset at the people giving them your tax money not DR. Did you send back your stimulus checks? All manufacturers do get criticized but DR is a whole new level.

Oh, im upset at both.

Bought a 9mm with my check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/329?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.