Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 672.
#16201 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I am tired of posting every time somebody walks into this thread and says "What's the big deal?" or "Why so negative?", so I went ahead and created a little "Starter Pack" for those that need to play catch up. Hope this helps! It has already been UL and CE certified so we're good to go!!!
Hope Zidware customers get their games.
[quoted image]

Don't mis-quote me. I did not say that.

#16202 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Which one?

#16203 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Those who do not learn from history..."

They at least made and shipped a game though....

#16204 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At least we're manufacturing SOMETHING.

Off topic ... but total silence from CGC , any updates on when your game is going to be released?

#16205 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I just don't get all the hateful energy directed at bringing down DR day after day after day after day. Pretty sure everyone on pinside knows what's going on with DR or adult enough to figure it out.

Do you remember Enron? The financial crash in 2008?
Naysayers here keep pointing out the red flags of the current situation.

The solution is ship the games. The red flags become less important when games are getting to the customers.

#16206 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The solution is ship the games. The red flags become less important when games are getting to the customers.

Ship what games? They don't even have an assembly line.

#16207 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Fair enough. I'll update it and make it more accurate. What exactly did you say again?

#16208 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Of course I live in Houston. Enron was one of the best places you could work in the entire area. Are you saying Deeproot is cooking the books, ripping off investors, and the like? That's exactly my point. Everyone is ripping DR apart making wild accusations without a clue on what is really going on. Like, how do you know they don't have any plans for assembly? Oh right, parking lot car count. Of course there are red flags. What pinball startup didn't have red flags? It's always a risk buying the first game from a startup.

#16209 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you saying Deeproot is cooking the books, ripping off investors, and the like?

Every failed situation is different and has different red flags.

You’re complaining the red flags keep getting pointed out when you should be complaining there are so many red flags for so long.

Ship the games and the pinball related red flags mostly go away.

#16210 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Off topic ... but total silence from CGC , any updates on when your game is going to be released?

It's progressing. Slowly.

#16211 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How do you think it'll fair against the Food Truck juggernaut lurking in the horizon?

#16212 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How much will the pre-order be?

#16213 3 years ago

Speaking of red flags, I would say ignoring emails from people that were promised refunds from the zidware debacle is a big red flag.

#16214 3 years ago

Didn’t original MG buyers actually get a game from Jpop that many were able to flip and make money on?

#16215 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why so slow? What’s going on with CGC?

#16216 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why so slow? What’s going on with CGC?

Well there's two games ahead of me, another remake and then I believe their first licensed non-remake game. Don't ask what it is, I honestly have no clue!

In the meantime have been helping Spooky with firmware support on their next title. It has killer artwork!

#16217 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Speaking of red flags, I would say ignoring emails from people that were promised refunds from the zidware debacle is a big red flag.

It was easier to promise refunds when they convinced themselves they'd be selling thousands of units

#16218 3 years ago

I do find it amusing that for YEARS Robert/deeproot were marquee sponsors of shows, podcast interviews, media interviews and then as they go into production they don't want anyone talking about them.

#16219 3 years ago

Anyone want to report the number of cars in DR's parking lot? Note that clown cars count for 20 employees per the Dept of Labor.

#16220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn’t original MG buyers actually get a game from Jpop that many were able to flip and make money on?

I was curious about this too! I recall Kaneda getting one, was everyone on that preorder made whole? Was that similar to Deeproot's goodwill gesture, with American Pinball trying to do good to customer's burnt by jpop?

#16221 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was easier to promise refunds when they convinced themselves they'd be selling thousands of units

Roberts original expectation of how many units Zidware games would sell (without even playing them, pre-Pintasia) was... Bafflingly optimistic to put it lightly.

#16222 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I was curious about this too! I recall Kaneda getting one, was everyone on that preorder made whole? Was that similar to Deeproot's goodwill gesture, with American Pinball trying to do good to customer's burnt by jpop?

Kaneda bought his box of lights from Cointaker and then later flipped it of course

I believe all original MG buyers got their games thanks to AP.

Now thanks to Deeproot, the Raza and AIW buyers that funded the ultimate completion of MG in a way have an opportunity to get a game

#16223 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

And don't forget Robert announcing that Deeproot would additionally be extending a magnanimous goodwill gesture to help make whole victims of both Heighway Pinball and Dutch Pinball.

Anyone have a status update on that? If not, one assumes it will be part of RM's April email.

#16224 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

And don't forget Robert announcing that Deeproot would additionally be extending a magnanimous goodwill gesture to help make whole victims of both Heighway Pinball and Dutch Pinball.
Anyone have a status update on that? If not, one assumes it will be part of RM's April email.

I don't recall that. Citation?

#16225 3 years ago

That’s fake news

#16226 3 years ago

I am starting to think we may hear and see game #2 before game #1 ships. The news will take the spotlight off game #1's delays, and inject some new money. With the industry changing octo-manufacturing process, this piddly number of games on order to be made will be blown through quickly. The 8-headed beast will need to be fed regularly!

#16227 3 years ago

Oh and while I was browsing for other stuff,

Pour one out for some of deeproots trademarks

https://trademarks.justia.com/882/82/pinball-for-the-88282791.html

https://trademarks.justia.com/875/31/every-family-needs-a-pinball-every-pinball-needs-a-87531117.html

PINBAR™ and PINARMOR™ are still there though! No PINPOD though?

#16228 3 years ago

He’s also pledged to place hundreds of food trucks to refugee camps in Greece, Ruwanda and Somalia. Although, as in most things, he was totally unclear on the concept.

#16229 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Oh and while I was browsing for other stuff,
Pour one out for some of deeproots trademarks....
No PINPOD though?

The box is licensed from another manufacturer.

#16230 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The box is licensed from another manufacturer.

I'm aware, but you can still toss a trademarked name onto the item. Unless the license precludes it, which maybe it does. But they didn't tell that to whomever spraypainted some logos on the box
IMG_4225 (resized).jpgIMG_4225 (resized).jpg

#16231 3 years ago

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't recall that. Citation?

Quoted from iceman44:

That’s fake news

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-update-plus-interview-new-hire-new-building-new-creative-studio-new-licenses-and-help-offered-to-those-who-lost-money-on-pre-orders-from-other-companies/

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.38.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.38.14 AM (resized).png

#16235 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:How much will the pre-order be?

You guys are missing the most important question. Will it have a pinbar?!

#16236 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kaneda bought his box of lights from Cointaker and then later flipped it of course
Now thanks to Deeproot, the Raza and AIW buyers that funded the ultimate completion of MG in a way have an opportunity to get a game

Not true! I know two people payed up 5k for a Raza from Jpop that have been denied for no reason by Robert because he writes his own history oh and then re writes it again! Stop defending this guy he is the worst!

#16237 3 years ago

Not on pic of one game?

#16238 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not on pic of one game?

We've seen plenty of pics of the hand-built prototypes. Check around earlier in this thread.

#16239 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm aware, but you can still toss a trademarked name onto the item. Unless the license precludes it, which maybe it does. But they didn't tell that to whomever spraypainted some logos on the box
[quoted image]

The fact that you can’t get that thing through a standard door is DeepRoot in a nut shell.

#16240 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not on pic of one game?

The new pinball word of the day is SECRET! I'd like to say this just applies to DR, but it does not.

#16241 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The fact that you can’t get that thing through a standard door is DeepRoot in a nut shell.

Um...you know a pinball machine by itself barely gets thru the door right? There's practically no way a padded box with a pinball machine is getting in a normal door.

#16242 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I thought he got it from mr68, at least the order spot.

#16243 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

He also lost a few bucks on it rather than "flipped it."

Ice is really on a roll today.

#16244 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think you might be right? It was a BM66 that he got from Cointaker and flipped before he took possession. Lol

#16245 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not true! I know two people payed up 5k for a Raza from Jpop that have been denied for no reason by Robert because he writes his own history oh and then re writes it again! Stop defending this guy he is the worst!

I want my game Bill. Everybody had the opportunity to file their claim like I did.

Some chose not to and to sue Jpop instead which went nowhere. Some got their MGs however

Maybe it’s those people? Or they should sue Robert too? Lol

#16246 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

True. Kaneda bought Magic Girl from me for $23,000 NIB in a prearranged deal. I was the King of Pinside for a week until I found out someone else had sold their MG spot for $50,000. ...Unverified rumor on the 50K but it seemed plausible at that crazy time

Kaneda did not flip the game, he held onto it and did a complete video exposé where he candidly pointed out all of Jpop's insane incompetence. A few months later he sold it for $3000 loss as I recall.

Quoted from iceman44:

I think you might be right? It was a BM66 that he got from Cointaker and flipped before he took possession. Lol

Wrong again. Kaneda held onto his BM66 for at least a year, maybe longer. He played the crap out of it.

#16247 3 years ago

The FACT is that DR didn’t have to promise JACK SHIT to anybody.

But I’ll happily take my game when it arrives

#16248 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The FACT is that DR didn’t have to promise JACK SHIT to anybody.

Not sure I understand your point though. Does that make it better or worse that they did make promises?

#16249 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not sure I understand your point though. Does that make it better or worse that they did make promises?

I don’t know Dude. But I’ll let u know when I get my game

I think it was stupid for DR to hire John. I’m sure Robert has regrets now.

#16250 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm pretty sure kaneda lost about $3,000 on magic girl resale too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/325 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.