View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 672.
#16101 3 years ago

It’s very interesting to read the wording of the ad. It almost contemplates a new tenant. Below market rates, multi tenant suitable, value added asset. Obviously it could just be the bias of whoever wrote the ad.

Also, they do not price the building but they do include a cap rate. The cap rate is calculated based on price. Cap rate = net income / sale price. The inclusion of the cap rate has effectively priced the asset.

I am probably reading to much into it, the ad was probably written by the realtors 19 year old assistant....

Cheers

#16102 3 years ago

Thanks Investors!!! Your money, hard at work.

"Additionally, new interior improvements by the tenant include a gym and open office areas with exposed ducting"

#16103 3 years ago

Screenshot_20210226-175836 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210226-175836 (resized).png

Screenshot_20210226-175902 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210226-175902 (resized).png

#16104 3 years ago

Free, Neighborhood Watch parking lot patrol with car counting.

#16105 3 years ago

Can someone clarify? What happened to the ‘studio’ in Utah? Saw a whole floor ready for people. Did it ever get staffed? Do they still have it? Are they still ‘making movies’ and animation? How many people are employed by Deeproot in both Texas and Utah? Enquiring minds want to know.

#16106 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If this is accurate it would be a fun GoFundMe just to buy this building to throw JPop and RM out on their asses.

#16107 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If this is accurate it would be a fun GoFundMe just to buy this building to throw hoop and RM out on their asses.

Lol

That would be unfair interference of the saga though, gotta see it through

#16108 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Lol
That would be unfair interference of the saga though, gotta see it through

Oh, we are seeing it through!.

BTW. American Pinball, which was smart to dump JPOP, is killing it. I played Hotwheels tonight and its fun AF.

Hows FoodTruck coming along? Ugh...

#16109 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Can someone clarify? What happened to the ‘studio’ in Utah? Saw a whole floor ready for people. Did it ever get staffed? Do they still have it? Are they still ‘making movies’ and animation? How many people are employed by Deeproot in both Texas and Utah? Enquiring minds want to know.

Closed 1-2 years ago

#16112 3 years ago

I’m guessing the summary for deep root and RAZA isn’t much different from Anything on this thread, despite being “real” news. Ain’t much news till they either start actually shipping a game or state there’s more delays. One or the other be coming real soon

#16113 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I’m guessing the summary for deep root and RAZA isn’t much different from Anything on this thread, despite being “real” news. Ain’t much news till they either start actually shipping a game or state there’s more delays. One or the other be coming real soon

Summary: If I preordered, this interview would not fill me with confidence.

#16114 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Free, Neighborhood Watch parking lot patrol with car counting.

Looks like it's got everything you would want , except for a production line

#16115 3 years ago

Summary: If I preordered, this interview would not fill me with confidence.

Pretty much said he's a rules designer and can't comment on other stuff about deeproot. Probably not much to comment on as there is no production.

He also made some reference that he knows what a BOM looks like or such - I think he was going toward or inferring they don't have a lot of parts to put any machines together.

Suspect next communication from deeproot will be about unforeseeable delays due to parts, etc, etc.

#16116 3 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

It’s very interesting to read the wording of the ad. It almost contemplates a new tenant. Below market rates, multi tenant suitable, value added asset.

Yes - it does sound like the tenant situation could be very much in flux from the wording. Wonder if their lease terms or date are coming up, being modified or their is some indication lessor may be moving out at some point ??

Curious wording in the ad. Almost sounds like the buyer should anticipate leasing space to one or more new tenants.

#16117 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - it does sound like the tenant situation could be very much in flux from the wording. Wonder if their lease terms or date are coming up, being modified or their is some indication lessor may be moving out at some point ??
Curious wording in the ad. Almost sounds like the buyer should anticipate leasing space to one or more new tenants.

It all depends on how much money they have left. That is the real question here. Lots and they have nothing to worry about, little and the last chapter has probably already been written.

#16118 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah, I misread your comment. In the video they talk about a machine lift system to set it up but its a mystery and they don't show anything. Video is cued up.

Anybody else wince when he refers to the machine being “on its booty”? This guy is so damn cringy.

And you can bet your ass his 100% focus was in selling the company before he even released a game to market. That’s how Silicon Valley works and this dude is all about that model. Some of these finance guys are too big for their britches, and RM is certainly one of them. I’m sure pinball has broken better men.

#16119 3 years ago

You know if Apple had skipped the garage and went straight to Silicon Valley rental space... You'd probably be using a Commodore Phone right now.

#16120 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You know if Apple had skipped the garage and went straight to Silicon Valley rental space... You'd probably be using a Commodore Phone right now.

oh man, an amiga phone? take my money now!

#16121 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Classic!

#16122 3 years ago

RM is a pompous joke

#16123 3 years ago

Update from Robert in other thread. You'll never guess what he has to say about production progress!

#16124 3 years ago

I laughed at the pre-order guy who said he was glad it was being delayed because it gives him more time to finish to finish his current projects... Some serious Stockholm Syndrome in that thread

#16125 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

I laughed at the pre-order guy who said he was glad it was being delayed because it gives him more time to finish to finish his current projects... Some serious Stockholm Syndrome in that thread

And it does give me that time. I'm out of room, even having 8 games on loan. What's your point? To make fun of everyone there? Thanks for your support.

#16126 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Pretty much said he's a rules designer and can't comment on other stuff about deeproot. Probably not much to comment on as there is no production.
He also made some reference that he knows what a BOM looks like or such - I think he was going toward or inferring they don't have a lot of parts to put any machines together.
Suspect next communication from deeproot will be about unforeseeable delays due to parts, etc, etc.

Well, that's a summary of the useful info shared, but not of what he said. On the rules front, I found his comments, by and large, to be rambling, scattered, and in turn both too specific and too vague to instill confidence in a cohesive, compelling vision.

This isn't a criticism of Steve the person who I'm sure is fantastic; just reacting to what I'm hearing from the person put in place not just to lead on rules for the first game, but all games, despite never having previously worked on any games and DR choosing not to hire any programmers with pinball experience.

Red flags all around. I mean, Stern has decades and decades of rules and programming experience on staff and even they don't have a rules czar for all their games. Why a company with twenty or however many games in development would is what you might call a bit of a head scratcher.

#16127 3 years ago

Update from Robert in other thread. You'll never guess what he has to say about production progress!

I think this part was my favorite:

"We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that. Since the certifications and receiving all parts are critical to the start of shipments, we will not put another expectation here other than to say we want to ship as quickly as we can provide a quality well-QA'ed RAZA machine in a box."

In other words, in order to avoid any further criticism, and to prevent even the possibility of missing any more dates than we already have, we will no longer give any estimated dates, and the game will be ready at some time in the future.

#16128 3 years ago

Here is the complete text for anyone interested

Dear RAZA Customer:

We hope all is well. As promised before we want to provide an update over what happened in February and where things are now.

WEATHER
As some of you might know, the winter storms in Texas last week resulted in prolonged power and water outages. The office was closed and all of us faced varying degrees of outages. The outages also impacted the Lab doing our UL/CE certifications. We hope those of you impacted are doing well and getting back to normal.

UL/CE
Obtaining a full system certification (rather than relying on an non-compliant cascade certification from just the power supply) is important for us to be able to offer a quality, compliant, and reliable product. The primary goal for us for RAZA in February was to get the UL/CE certifications done. Unfortunately the weather prevented that from happening. The last update we received prior to the lab closing was that US UL was close to being done. The Canada UL needed a few minor corrective measures. And the CE was about 75% done. Since we have been unable to work with the lab for the last two weeks, we are hoping to get back in the schedule early next week and finish the outstanding requirements. We are still being told it will take 4-5 weeks for the final certification and report once all certifications pass. That puts us into mid April (or sooner if we can).

PARTS & PRODUCTION
As an update, we have the lockbar (not pinbar as reported) and lighted side panel vendors remedied. The last engineering task (to improve the stability of the kickstand) is going to be complete next week which will be the last assembly parts to be sourced. Part orders continue to come in and small parts and sub assemblies will start as last posted. We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that. Since the certifications and receiving all parts are critical to the start of shipments, we will not put another expectation here other than to say we want to ship as quickly as we can provide a quality well-QA'ed RAZA machine in a box. We thank you again for your patience. We plan to update customers again by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by visiting the website.

Best! -Robert J. Mueller

#16129 3 years ago

This isn't a criticism of Steve the person who I'm sure is fantastic; just reacting to what I'm hearing from the person put in place not just to lead on rules for the first game, but all games, despite never having previously worked on any games and DR choosing not to hire any programmers with pinball experience.

Spooky didn't have vets for their games...
Elwin's team has been lead by people who were new hires too...

Yes there is a point about mentors in the larger company.. but don't discount Bowden's experience with the art of the game just because he wasn't a paid professional before this. Neither was Elwin... Neither was Bowen... Neither was Charlie... Neither was Scott... etc etc etc.

So far the new guys have a pretty strong batting average.

#16130 3 years ago

Pinball is easy. Games should ship soon as internal goals are also external expectations. I’m not understanding that logic. What BS!

#16131 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Spooky didn't have vets for their games...
Elwin's team has been lead by people who were new hires too...
Yes there is a point about mentors in the larger company.. but don't discount Bowden's experience with the art of the game just because he wasn't a paid professional before this. Neither was Elwin... Neither was Bowen... Neither was Charlie... Neither was Scott... etc etc etc.
So far the new guys have a pretty strong batting average.

Right, and none of those people are in charge of every game for a company that was going to put out more games than any company ever has, work for a company that has failed to put anything out while constantly demonstrating it doesn't know what it's doing in every other respect in every way possible, and sound like Steve did when talking rules in podcast interviews.

What you write can be totally true. So can what I wrote. Did you listen to the final round interview? Would be interested in your thoughts on it if so.

#16132 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What's your point?

You also said "Why are you even visiting that thread? Drain it, or just stop visiting it." And here you are.... Pants on fire. All I hear are excuses. Enjoy not playing your game.

#16133 3 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

You also said "Why are you even visiting that thread? Drain it, or just stop visiting it." And here you are.... Pants on fire. All I hear are excuses. Enjoy not playing your game.

I did tell that to another preorder guy. Damn right I did. Trying to calm someone who is nervous about his order from all the crap that is slung around in here.

#16134 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think this part was my favorite:
"We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that. Since the certifications and receiving all parts are critical to the start of shipments, we will not put another expectation here other than to say we want to ship as quickly as we can provide a quality well-QA'ed RAZA machine in a box."
In other words, in order to avoid any further criticism, and to prevent even the possibility of missing any more dates than we already have, we will no longer give any estimated dates, and the game will be ready at some time in the future.

How long will it take before the other thread devolves into this thread ? Saying “it’s ready when it’s ready” while obviously the truth does little to instill confidence that they have even half a clue about when any game might ship. If it’s before the end of the year I’ll be surprised. And if it’s never, I won’t be surprised.

#16135 3 years ago

Todays quote from Deeproot:

Quoted from Haymaker:

We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that.

Now, compare Deeproot's previous quote that they're referencing from 31 days ago.

Quoted from Jarson:

We expect to receive parts through the first week of March at this point with the first RAZAs leaving mid-March.

#16136 3 years ago

"We received some criticism in reply to the last update about putting an expectation of mid-March for first shipments. It was meant as an internal goal and external expectation, not a promise of delivery. We are sorry for not better communicating that."

What a bunch of word-vomit. If you can't see these red flags make an optometrist appointment because you're probably color-blind.

#16137 3 years ago

I can’t stop reading this garbage.

It’s just so amazing to me that a company conducts “business“ like this and people are viciously defending them. Incredible.

#16138 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

we will not put another expectation here other than to say we want to ship as quickly as we can provide a quality well-QA'ed RAZA machine in a box. We thank you again for your patience.

Solution to moving the goal posts: No more goal posts!

#16139 3 years ago

Surprised to see the update already, wasn’t expecting it for a few weeks. No surprises of course. Interesting that goals are now ‘internal’ and weren’t meant as external deadlines .. I’m pretty sure they were very much stated as external deadlines back in December when they were taking orders promising shipping in January?? Seems similar to other claims.. the hammer testing that quietly disappeared comes to mind.

Confident these will eventually come out, but just so disappointing to see the poor execution.

#16140 3 years ago

THREE HUNDRED and TWENTY THREE pages about a pinball company that has NEVER shipped a game EVER! Simply Amazing!

#16141 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

THREE HUNDRED and TWENTY THREE pages about a pinball company that has NEVER shipped a game EVER! Simply Amazing!

You see? That's innovation! No other pinball company has achieved that

I'm sorry for the pre-order guys and the Barry's and Davids at deeproot. For their sake (and because it's always nice to see new games) I hope things will work out in the end, but to put it mildly I've never been optimistic about that, and that doesn't improve over time (again and again).
One can always dream/hope.

#16142 3 years ago

Maybe this would be a good time to revive Sledge Hammer? Maybe Deeproot can at least release a puzzle?

511FE7B8-5131-4697-84EB-D6C53D64015A.jpeg511FE7B8-5131-4697-84EB-D6C53D64015A.jpeg
#16143 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:It was meant as an internal goal

Quoted from frolic:

Solution to moving the goal posts: No more goal posts!

leaked photos from inside the 41,000 sqft facility show deeproots 'internal goals', revealing why it has been so easy for them to keep moving the goalposts.

internal goals deeproot (resized).jpginternal goals deeproot (resized).jpg
#16144 3 years ago

Getting worried now that Food Truck may be delayed?

#16145 3 years ago

When I saw the timeline for CE certification I knew they’d miss it. Having gone through this several times with far less complex products they were insanely optimistic.

#16146 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Getting worried now that Food Truck may be delayed?

Don’t worry. Just reset your internal goals, though make sure they are not communicated as external. Food truck is coming.

#16147 3 years ago

Robert must really enjoy shooting himself in the foot. He couldn't lead a company through a one way tunnel.

#16148 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Not sure pinball company is the right word. More like Think Tank, and the thinking is not so good.

#16149 3 years ago

Quad Manufacturing

bnbmn (resized).jpegbnbmn (resized).jpeg
#16150 3 years ago

Completely off topic.... how about a cabinet where the playfield mounts to the front and back of the cab... and it can rotate Like a rotisserie. Side of cab flips down so you have easy access to do your work....

Ok some angle issues need to be worked out along with many other things I am not thinking about but if you put a motor on that rotisserie you can add tilting left and right into gameplay.

Note to self, ideas are easy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/323?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.