Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 672.
#16051 3 years ago

Cointaker sent John a lot of parts, he never paid for them, CT just wanted the parts back but John couldn't be bothered to return them (probably cut into his Starbucks time) Carrying boxes to the post office is HARD!

#16052 3 years ago

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/twisted-metal-tv-series-deadpool-writers-1234911825/

This news of a Twisted Metal TV show reminded me of deeproot having "Combative Racing License" on the slide that wasn't worthy of a vague description.

Twisted Metal could be a fun theme, although I don't know how big of a draw the brand really is.

#16053 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

This will end with 160 RAZAs buried in the desert.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/twisted-metal-tv-series-deadpool-writers-1234911825/
This news of a Twisted Metal TV show reminded me of deeproot having "Combative Racing License" on the slide that wasn't worthy of a vague description.
Twisted Metal could be a fun theme, although I don't know how big of a draw the brand really is.

I'm only in after Food Truck.

#16054 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

I'm only in after Food Truck.

Food Truck is codename for Twisted Metal!

Twisted-Metal-2 (resized).jpgTwisted-Metal-2 (resized).jpg
#16055 3 years ago

So how’s everyone enjoying their RAZA’s?

#16056 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

We'll report back. Promise.
(one way or the other)

#16057 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Its definitely not looking good. My buddy still hasn't received his refund that he was promised almost a month ago. Now gets no response to emails. The other guy that I know of looking for his refund confirmed the same for him. Good luck to all but I feel I definitely made the right decision staying out of this mess and I've been pro deeproot this whole time. My mind is changing fast!

#16058 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Its definitely not looking good. My buddy still hasn't received his refund that he was promised almost a month ago. Now gets no response to emails. The other guy that I know of looking for his refund confirmed the same for him. Good luck to all but I feel I definitely made the right decision staying out of this mess and I've been pro deeproot this whole time. My mind is changing fast!

Nah man, you're just a hater, waiting for deeproot to fail so you can bask in everyones misery! Truth, civility, and rationality don't exist here, Deeproot said it themselves, and they would never lie.

#16059 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

NEXT COMMUNICATION
I plan to update customers again by the end of February. Thank you again for your trust and business. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to exceeding expectations and we are grateful for you allowing us a chance to do so. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or by visiting the website. Best! -Robert J. Mueller

Welp, tomorrow is the final business day of February. I'm following the pre-order thread but not sure I can trust what I read (or don't read) after Deeproot manipulated their silence. And more secrecy will only generate speculation.

#16060 3 years ago

Look at the star post just above the bowling ball. I understand this is pre-production but....do you see what I see?

de4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpgde4a02d4e674e73cf858bf3f678ca741189c53b6 (resized).jpg
#16061 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:Its definitely not looking good. My buddy still hasn't received his refund that he was promised almost a month ago. Now gets no response to emails. The other guy that I know of looking for his refund confirmed the same for him. Good luck to all but I feel I definitely made the right decision staying out of this mess and I've been pro deeproot this whole time. My mind is changing fast!

I’m confused about this refund- refund of what? The deposits were non-refundable I thought?? I don’t think anyone paid in full yet, there would be no reason to.

#16062 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I’m confused about this refund- refund of what? The deposits were non-refundable I thought?? I don’t think anyone paid in full yet, there would be no reason to.

He means the Goodwill refunds for those who chose that over receiving a game.
And you're right. Those who purchased a machine did so with a non-refundable payment and no warranty.

#16063 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Look at the star post just above the bowling ball. I understand this is pre-production but....do you see what I see?
[quoted image]

Sledgehammer dent, I assume?

#16064 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

do you see what I see

Wow a clear coat issue ... glad that never happens with Stern or other companies. This company should be banned from making pins ....really?
WTF ...

#16065 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sledgehammer dent, I assume?

Looks like chipping art and pooling to me

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wow a clear coat issue ... glad that never happens with Stern or other companies. This company should be banned from making pins ....

Those other companies you mention didn't make countless comments on how horrible everyone elses PF's are compared to theirs though. So yeah...really.

#16066 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

comments on how horrible everyone elses PF's are compared to theirs though. So yeah...really.

Reaching for justification... Guess this clears Stern from all the issues they have ... go ahead Stern make pooling , discolored playfields, don't cover them under warranty ... it's all good because someone at DeepRoot had a big mouth and made broken promises ... boohoo

#16067 3 years ago

So how will things shake out if the Worst Case Scenario is true?

That they didn't show the Deep Six a production line because there wasn't one, because their goal (like Zidware) was to get bought out and now they're scrambling to figure out production because they have no other choice.

#16068 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Reaching for justification... Guess this clears Stern from all the issues they have ... go ahead Stern make pooling , discolored playfields, don't cover them under warranty ... it's all good because someone at DeepRoot had a big mouth and made broken promises ... boohoo

No it doesn't let stern or JJP or anyone off the hook for their PF issues. Now that is a reach.

That someone happened to be Robert Mueller. Its just funny to point out yet another lie or point of hypocrisy. He spent plenty of time trashing everyone elses playfields while making the claim theirs would never have those kinds of issues. You could take a sledgehammer to them even because they were so durable! Well here we are at the end of Feburary 2021, the hammer tested thing has all but disappeared from any sales literature and they seem to be having the same problems with playfields everyone else is also having. Maybe they will get that sorted for the production units though. I'm sorry this is a hard pill for you to swallow.

#16069 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Its definitely not looking good. My buddy still hasn't received his refund that he was promised almost a month ago. Now gets no response to emails. The other guy that I know of looking for his refund confirmed the same for him.

Well I am SHOCKED!!

#16070 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That they didn't show the Deep Six a production line because there wasn't one, because their goal (like Zidware) was to get bought out and now they're scrambling to figure out production because they have no other choice.

Remember all the talk about licensing their package of hundreds of earth shattering innovations to other manufacturers? Wonder how that is working out for them?

#16071 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What value would they offer in a buyout?

Their electrical hardware is a derivative of P3, and most makers seem happy with actual Multimorphic or have their own in house solution

Their software is Unity based, so maybe they have good SDK tools? But most makers already have their own very capable tools

A playfield layout and art package is cheap to make in house vs buying one that’s already done. Especially if the people who designed it don’t come along with it to the other company

Concept work? Ideas are cheap

That mostly just leaves patents. I know JPop had a few patents, that likely became deep roots when they bailed him out. Have they patented anything else interesting?

Edit. They did patent some stuff like the playfield lift, but I mean patents on ideas someone like Stern would actually put into a game.

#16072 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

. I'm sorry this is a hard pill for you to swallow.

No skin in this game ... just don't see the point in continually finding something to make this any worse than its become... Hope the buyers and Zidware customers get their games, be nice if DR becomes a viable company producing games the more choice the better.
Guessing your in the Pinball Brothers thread as well .. They announced Aliens and nothing yet ...
Bitter pill ? ... thinking you swallowed that one ....

#16073 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Dude, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Deep root been going on for years about how shitty everybody else is and how their playfields are going to be "DEA Battering Ram Proof." And they have the same shitty playfield issues as everybody else.

There is no deeper meaning here, It's just funny. Like the pinpod that won't fit through a door. And the pinbar that doesn't work and nobody wants. ANd the 4 flop reveals. And everything else Deep Root.

#16074 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Remember all the talk about licensing their package of hundreds of earth shattering innovations to other manufacturers? Wonder how that is working out for them?

I assume it's going fantastically and netting them untold millions of dollars. Otherwise, a company burning cash like flash paper for years without putting out a single game might seem like something of a boondoggle.

#16075 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He means the Goodwill refunds for those who chose that over receiving a game.
And you're right. Those who purchased a machine did so with a non-refundable payment and no warranty.

Ah gotcha, I guess they should have opted for a supposed RAZA over a supposed refund maybe.. although until they ship it seems to be a 50/50 chance of seeing a refund or a game. No refund and no communication certainly concerning for those in that boat. Totally different vibe from the ‘Robert personally answers the phone to discuss my topper and neon ring options for 1/2 hour’ .. wonder why that is lol

#16076 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
Deep root been going on for years about how shitty everybody else is and how their playfields are going to be "DEA Battering Ram Proof."

At this point I think "SEC Battering Ram Proof" would be more useful.

#16077 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

dit. They did patent some stuff like the playfield lift

They got a patent on that?

This was posted nearly 4 years ago on Pinside. June 30th, 2017. And if Deeproot's lift product resembles anything close to it they will suffer even more ridicule as a company. I hope for everyone's sake this didn't happen
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-move-a-pinball-machine-alone/page/2#post-3844110

#16078 3 years ago

And this thread posted later.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easier-way-to-set-up-flip-a-pinball-machine#post-4817097
58f1c147bbc8f80f6bf05075b534224f4920a41b (resized).jpg58f1c147bbc8f80f6bf05075b534224f4920a41b (resized).jpg74d849e1b23d4f06cff8924fbe11e7a89d0d2278 (resized).jpg74d849e1b23d4f06cff8924fbe11e7a89d0d2278 (resized).jpgb7cf7e92eb0d9a5f8e31d105a2d870ae67cb8e66 (resized).jpgb7cf7e92eb0d9a5f8e31d105a2d870ae67cb8e66 (resized).jpgf867eb0fb715a5d38f69310754a7929e0d70d770 (resized).jpgf867eb0fb715a5d38f69310754a7929e0d70d770 (resized).jpg

#16079 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

ere we are at the end of Feburary 2020, the hammer tested thing has all but disappeared from any sales literature and they seem to be having the same problems with playfields everyone else is also having. Maybe they will get that sorted for the production uni

Quoted from transprtr4u:

No skin in this game ... just don't see the point in continually finding something to make this any worse than its become... Hope the buyers and Zidware customers get their games, be nice if DR becomes a viable company producing games the more choice the better.
Guessing your in the Pinball Brothers thread as well .. They announced Aliens and nothing yet ...
Bitter pill ? ... thinking you swallowed that one ....

I want people to get their games too. I've stated that many times. I'm all for more companies making more games. I think Levi nailed it, its just funny. All the boastful claims, all the missed deadlines and broken promises, whats one more added onto the heap?

No, I am not in the alien thread btw. Pinball brothers never went out of their way to be boastful litigious A-holes, so they get a pass for now. I hope they are successful as well. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on my point, however please don't mistake my poking of the bear for wanting to see people get ripped off or for DR to fail. In the end I hope people are made happy and we have another company making cool games.

#16080 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I want people to get their games too. I've stated that many times. I'm all for more companies making more games. I think Levi nailed it, its just funny. All the boastful claims, all the missed deadlines and broken promises, whats one more added onto the heap?
No, I am not in the alien thread btw. Pinball brothers never went out of their way to be boastful litigious A-holes, so they get a pass for now. I hope they are successful as well. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on my point, however please don't mistake my poking of the bear for wanting to see people get ripped off or for DR to fail. In the end I hope people are made happy and we have another company making cool games.

Yep, I imagine Pinball Brothers is struggling as much as Deeproot or any young manufacturer is. They just aren’t boastful about their accomplishments and how every other company is crap. If not for what came before there would not be so many complaints about DR

#16081 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

They got a patent on that?
This was posted nearly 4 years ago on Pinside. June 30th, 2017. And if Deeproot's lift product resembles anything close to it they will suffer even more ridicule as a company. I hope for everyone's sake this didn't happen
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-move-a-pinball-machine-alone/page/2#post-3844110

No that’s a good idea and someone should make and sell those for a couple hundred bucks.

I’m talking about this monstrosity
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdfD04EF504-CE32-45AD-99AF-20C53968CE43 (resized).jpegD04EF504-CE32-45AD-99AF-20C53968CE43 (resized).jpeg

#16082 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

No that’s a good idea and someone should make and sell those for a couple hundred bucks.
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdf[quoted image]

That looks like something Stern would pay big money to license!

#16083 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/28/c2/14/0a5dd78e980396/WO2018183948A1.pdf[quoted image]

Yeah, I misread your comment. In the video they talk about a machine lift system to set it up but its a mystery and they don't show anything. Video is cued up.

#16084 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In the video they talk about a machine lift system to set it up but its a mystery and they don't show anything. Video is cued up.

It could be very similar, but I don’t think they have a patent on it. Possibly a trademark (PinLift™?)

#16085 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That’s well and good but how do you work on the back side of the play field with the pinball in the way? Maybe it rotates 180 degrees if you choose?

#16086 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That’s well and good but how do you work on the back side of the play field with the pinball in the way? Maybe it rotates 180 degrees if you choose?

If you look at all the drawings, they have a pivot point to rotate and lock the playfield in the other direction in a variety of positions.

The RAZA cabinet doesn’t have all the features documented, but some of the superfluous designs like the lift glass made it in.

#16087 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

lol

Quoted from TreyBo69:

That mostly just leaves patents. I know JPop had a few patents, that likely became deep roots when they bailed him out. Have they patented anything else interesting?

The only patents I'm aware of are licensed to John himself, not to Deeproot nor even to Zidware.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

They did patent some stuff like the playfield lift, but I mean patents on ideas someone like Stern would actually put into a game.

AFAIK the cabinet one was rejected and abandoned. It's possible they have other ones that are currently unlisted, but there are reasons NOT to do that (though obviously reasons TO do it as well). The cabinet one is the only one I've found.

#16088 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you look at all the drawings, they have a pivot point to rotate and lock the playfield in the other direction in a variety of positions.

Yeah, and an entire playfield hanging on that pivot is a Moment Arm From Hell, and I have no idea how anyone ever expected it to work (and still cost what we sort of expect pinball machines to cost).

#16089 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yeah, I misread your comment. In the video they talk about a machine lift system to set it up but its a mystery and they don't show anything. Video is cued up.

Groundbreaking mechs?!

#16090 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Groundbreaking mechs?!

I don't know about groundbreaking but it sure as hell going to scratch my wood floors when it comes out like that.

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah, and an entire playfield hanging on that pivot is a Moment Arm From Hell, and I have no idea how anyone ever expected it to work (and still cost what we sort of expect pinball machines to cost).

#16091 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Floor breaking mechs

96681AA5-A7BE-456C-9A35-BB927F07708A (resized).png96681AA5-A7BE-456C-9A35-BB927F07708A (resized).png

#16092 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How many lead ingots must you put in the cabinet for that to not tip over?

#16093 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How many lead ingots must you put in the cabinet for that to not tip over?

The leg levelers are deeproot

#16094 3 years ago

#waiting for deeproot to fail.
It’s only a matter of time.

#16095 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

A......hole

#16096 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

It’s only a matter of time

What a dick!
mrgone please live up to this title
Asshat

#16097 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

zzzzzzzzzUntitled (resized).pngzzzzzzzzzUntitled (resized).png
#16098 3 years ago

“Waiting” for them to fail?

93B9B397-BF82-45D5-8922-02010C850C24.gif93B9B397-BF82-45D5-8922-02010C850C24.gif
#16099 3 years ago

The thing is, RM could have turned his image around years ago.

I remember when JJP came on the scene with WOZ. Jack said some pretty horrible things about Stern. At one point he attended a seminar at TPF that Gary was speaking at and made ridiculous claims about how JJP would never be late delivering orders, calling Stern machines a box of blinking lights, etc. I also witnessed him saying terrible things about Stern machines at a couple expos I attended. This was many years ago.

I promised myself I would never buy a JJP game. I also said some pretty bad things about Jack on Pinside which earned me a big chunk of my downvotes and my one moderation.

Then something happened. Jack realized he was wrong and apologized. He was genuinely contrite. I've since talked to him at many expos and he's a class act. Hell, he even BBQed for everyone at GSPF and PAGG.

I'm now on the list for a Toy Story CE.

RM has not only not learned from his tirades, he's doubled down several times. I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up to "bravado" until I heard his interview on K's podcast.

The guy simply can't get out of his own way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 322 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/322 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.