View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 672.
#15851 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Lots of investment.
What’s the return on investment?
[quoted image]

deep toilet (resized).jpgdeep toilet (resized).jpg
#15852 3 years ago

Deeproot=Fake news?

#15853 3 years ago

I highly doubt the $41 million is all for pinball. It's the deeproot fund not deeproot tech/pinball.

Also, yes, please explain how there aren't investors? Who is buying this fund? There's finders fees, which means someone is getting paid for convincing someone. Unless it's the fed printing funny money it has to come from somewhere.

RE parking lots... I think Spooky is up to 30 full time employees? But that's with good sales. They made 150 AMH with like 3 people.

As I've mentioned before there's no point in spinning up a line to make 130 games. Unless there's a second title ready to go you'll have to shut down the line and lay everyone off when done. A line is a vicious beast that you have to keep shoveling games into.

If they build their paltry, laughable, embarrassing 160 games and then shut down the line it means they have to rehire and retrain another group when Food Truck is ready, which will sell even worse BTW.

#15854 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was the monthly 'grift ideas' meeting.

lol! It was an all hands to troubleshoot JPop’s latest ramp concept.

#15855 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I highly doubt the $41 million is all for pinball. It's the deeproot fund not deeproot tech/pinball.
Also, yes, please explain how there aren't investors? Who is buying this fund? There's finders fees, which means someone is getting paid for convincing someone. Unless it's the fed printing funny money it has to come from somewhere.
RE parking lots... I think Spooky is up to 30 full time employees? But that's with good sales. They made 150 AMH with like 3 people.
As I've mentioned before there's no point in spinning up a line to make 130 games. Unless there's a second title ready to go you'll have to shut down the line and lay everyone off when done. A line is a vicious beast that you have to keep shoveling games into.
If they build their paltry, laughable, embarrassing 160 games and then shut down the line it means they have to rehire and retrain another group when Food Truck is ready, which will sell even worse BTW.

Logical lies!

#15856 3 years ago

@ benheck

Agree - if the number is even a legit 160 games, and I think that number is inflated, they will just build the games by hand probably a half dozen maybe 10 people if they have them. It will take them all year to get Raza built, provided they actually get or have parts to fully build units - which seems in doubt with the pinbar stamping which would cost bookoo bucks. They got some real problems, even just to build them by hand. Doubt they will have a real line or be able to tool one up.

#15857 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That would explain the cars at deeproot Ben.
3 building the machines and 15 design heads watching and making judgement calls. Wait, there is one guy doing tshirts i heard.

#15858 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ benheck
Agree - if the number is even a legit 160 games, and I think that number is inflated, they will just build the games by hand probably a half dozen maybe 10 people if they have them. It will take them all year to get Raza built, provided they actually get or have parts to fully build units - which seems in doubt with the pinbar stamping which would cost bookoo bucks. They got some real problems, even just to build them by hand. Doubt they will have a real line or be able to tool one up.

And even after that all happens you have a mediocre game with no flow

#15859 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

And even after that all happens you have a mediocre game with no flow

Thus the limited order window to create FOMO so people are locked in with deposits.

#15860 3 years ago

What ever happened to the pinball lift accessory deeproot was going to unveil?

I came across this:

And remembered Deeproot...

#15861 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So... almost another $10 million raised December 2020? How is this explained to "investors"?
And for the curious, I added the numbers on that page:
$41,431,834

Bottom line that you guys are missing

The investors don’t give a flying F about pinball per se

Pinball is simply an “underlying investment” of the 575 fund

Look up what 575 stands for. That is WHY they invested and how they get their “return on investment”

Furthermore, it was mainly investment advisors selling their clients on this Reg D investment for the purpose of 575!

#15862 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I came across this:

Pretty clever

#15863 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I came across this:

That's too simple. It needs a touchscreen, tension clamps and of course purple powder coat.

#15864 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look up what 575 stands for. That is WHY they invested and how they get their “return on investment”
Furthermore, it was mainly investment advisors selling their clients on this Reg D investment for the purpose of 575!

Whaaat? Deeproot in an alternative investment.

#15865 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, please explain how this works. Far as I can tell 575 fund is simply an LLC. How does hemorrhaging money get anyone an ROI?

#15866 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's too simple. It needs a touchscreen, tension clamps and of course purple powder coat.

This plus it needs to cost the same as the pin

#15867 3 years ago

Hi Mom!

#15868 3 years ago

Hi Dad!

#15869 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, please explain how this works. Far as I can tell 575 fund is simply an LLC. How does hemorrhaging money get anyone an ROI?

"About the575 Investment Fund

the575 Fund by deeproot Funds offers hybrid Preferred Equity Class C Shares, backed by insurance policies and affiliates, with a 5 year term, and choice of 35% lump sum return (i.e. 7% internal simple deferred per annum growth), or 5% annualized periodic (monthly) payments. the575 also features a large account bonus option."

This is the RETURN that the "INVESTOR" receives for investing in the fund.

That's the Deeproot575, LLC fund that raised another $4.4 million or so, out of a total new offering of $37,500,000 available, per sec.gov, as of the most recent filing, 12-21-20?

The previous offering of $35,000,000 appears to have funded from prior sec filings.

The fund is "backed by insurance policies and affiliates".

One of the "affiliates" i'm assuming is Deeproot pinball.

What other investments are supporting the fund? Who knows. Has the pinball venture been a good investment to date? I think the answer is obvious thus far.

#15870 3 years ago

Do you want INNOVATION or do you want to count pennies?

#15871 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"About the575 Investment Fund
the575 Fund by deeproot Funds offers hybrid Preferred Equity Class C Shares, backed by insurance policies and affiliates, with a 5 year term, and choice of 35% lump sum return (i.e. 7% internal simple deferred per annum growth), or 5% annualized periodic (monthly) payments. the575 also features a large account bonus option."
This is the RETURN that the "INVESTOR" receives for investing in the fund.
That's the Deeproot575, LLC fund that raised another $4.4 million or so, out of a total new offering of $37,500,000 available, per sec.gov, as of the most recent filing, 12-21-20?
The previous offering of $35,000,000 appears to have funded from prior sec filings.
The fund is "backed by insurance policies and affiliates".
One of the "affiliates" i'm assuming is Deeproot pinball.
What other investments are supporting the fund? Who knows. Has the pinball venture been a good investment to date? I think the answer is obvious thus far.

That doesn't really answer how they're making money so I dug deeper:
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html

Sounds to me that they weren't doing that well betting on life insurance polices (which sounds like a terrible way to make money), tried to sell 50 million in debt in 2013 but weren't successful, but somehow they raised 41.5 million of investment for Pinball the past 4 years?

#15872 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I came across this:

My back and arms want one of these badly!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#15873 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

I do as shown in the video then lift the back end and place it on the back of a folding chair. Time to buy some wood and a jack.

#15874 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Scrounge around Pinside. Somebody made one of these and posted pictures and instructions.

LTG : )

#15875 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I came across this:

"Hey, when lifting heavy shit, use your legs, not your back."

This guy: "Fuck that. I'll use my brain."

#15876 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I do as shown in the video then lift the back end and place it on the back of a folding chair. Time to buy some wood and a jack.

Same. I have a small stool I use. I just love a simple, novel solution.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#15877 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Scrounge around Pinside. Somebody made one of these and posted pictures and instructions.
LTG : )

I think I found it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/easier-way-to-set-up-flip-a-pinball-machine#post-4817097

#15878 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That doesn't really answer how they're making money so I dug deeper:
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html
Sounds to me that they weren't doing that well betting on life insurance polices (which sounds like a terrible way to make money), tried to sell 50 million in debt in 2013 but weren't successful, but somehow they raised 41.5 million of investment for Pinball the past 4 years?

You do understand what a “fund” means I know

What you reference in 2013, old news, has zero relevance to this particular “fund”, it’s a totally different “offering”

It could be that they have investments in bitcoin, Apple, Tesla, green energy and who the heck knows

As for how YOU or I would invest our money it’s besides the point that they have raised almost $40 million into the 575 fund “somehow”. It’s a mystery right?

IF you would really like to “keep digging” and find out the details I suggest you fill out the “accredited investor” form and set up a time via their website to get an explanation

Report back what you find out. Lol

#15879 3 years ago

This will end with 160 RAZAs buried in the desert.

#15880 3 years ago

The 160 Dump Fund...

#15881 3 years ago

Slap a Deeproot logo on it, call it the Pin-Pod Pal and charge $900.

#15882 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Slap a Deeproot logo on it, call it the Pin-Pod Pal and charge $900.

shutupandtakemymoney.jif

#15883 3 years ago

I had another static score playing one of my machines last night.

Hurry DeepRoot. Hurry!!

#15884 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

What fun would that be?

Haha, well from what I've heard so far the guys that have asked for refunds have gotten nothing but excuses. Refunds were supposed to be paid out within 30 days and from what I've heard they are way over that period of time. I hope it works out for everyone and for deeproot but this sounds like its getting a little sketchy.

#15885 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Haha, well from what I've heard so far the guys that have asked for refunds have gotten nothing but excuses. Refunds were supposed to be paid out within 30 days and from what I've heard they are way over that period of time. I hope it works out for everyone and for deeproot but this sounds like its getting a little sketchy.

Lol, its been sketchy since day one, and only gone done hill from there.

#15886 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol, its been sketchy since day one, and only gone done hill from there.

I heard Robert is going to get into pontoon boats next. Has Andrew on speed dial.

#15887 3 years ago

No reason to joke about all this. I am hoping everything works out for everyone!

#15888 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

No reason to joke about all this. I am hoping everything works out for everyone!

Trust me, everyone wants to see more competition in PB and more importantly, those who got ripped off get reimbursed one way or another, but its not "us" making this a joke, we are just the audience laughing at the mic holder. Have you read this entire thread?

#15889 3 years ago

We expect to receive parts through the first week of March at this point with the first RAZAs leaving mid-March.

I was trying to remember where the current goal posts are. Reposting for clarity.

#15890 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was trying to remember where the current goal posts are. Reposting for clarity.

How can you put a Deadline on INNOVATION?

#15891 3 years ago

Man does not seek God so much as miracles. And since man is incapable of being happy without miracles, he will create new miracles for himself, miracles of his own, and will bow down to the miracles of sorcerers and witches (Dostojewski).

JPop is the sorcerer. RAZA is his miracle to bow down to.

#15892 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Man does not seek God so much as miracles. And since man is incapable of being happy without miracles, he will create new miracles for himself, miracles of his own, and will bow down to the miracles of sorcerers and witches (Dostojewski).
JPop is the sorcerer. RAZA is his miracle to bow down to.

Wow that's deep.

...deep poop or something that almost rhymes with it

#15893 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Friend of a friend of a friend told me blah, blah, blah - is that it?

Really?

Let's cut the BS and hear directly from one guy - one actual Zidware Goodwill claimant who requested a refund in December 2020. Till then I'm gonna reserve judgement.

#15894 3 years ago

I'm so close to a BINGO!!!

Deep Root Bingo! (resized).jpgDeep Root Bingo! (resized).jpg

Did they officially have the "Five Days of Deep Root" yet?!

#15895 3 years ago

Comment deleted.

#15896 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

[quoted image]
Did they officially have the "Five Days of Deep Root" yet?!

Wow, and upvote is not enough for that post. Well done!

#15897 3 years ago

This company is nothing but a joke. RM owes Cointaker a ton of money as well. I do not trust those who don’t pay their debts.

#15898 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

[quoted image]

I think you can mark off "Create FOMO for huge RAZA sales"...

#15899 3 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

I think you can mark off "Create FOMO for huge RAZA sales"...

You missed the word 'huge'

#15900 3 years ago

Anybody out there really interested to see what cool "ground breaking mech" Barry Oursler is planning to unveil in his Black Hole inspired game? I know I am. I hope this company does well so I get to see whatever he is planning.

I'm thinking of all the cool ways someone could open a large hole in the playfield to reveal a lower playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/318 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.