Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 672.
#15801 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Blah blah blaaahhhhh
Have you purchased or put money down on a RAZA? If not, I don't give a crap what you say. All I here from the naysayers is Blah Blah Blah

There's another thread for that. This one is to talk about the guy who managed to turn a scam into a double scam, fooling not only thousands (err 160) of pinball buyers but also a bunch of investors who I sure hope didn't throw their retirement money into the pinball company that will teach a lesson to every other pinball company.

#15802 3 years ago

Man, tonight sucked. I went down to the basement to play some pinball. No matter what game I played or how many times I played it, my scores were static. The score was the score was the score. In all the years pinball has been around, why on earth hasn’t anyone fixed this!? If only there was some “score” innovation in pinball!

After 3 hours of playing I finally just said “screw it”, and now I’m back on Pinside. Blah!

#15803 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Blah blah blaaahhhhh
Have you purchased or put money down on a RAZA? If not, I don't give a crap what you say. All I here from the naysayers is Blah Blah Blah

I think your anger is misplaced. We didn't screw the pooch on any broken promises or missed deadlines. Deeproot did.

#15804 3 years ago

We’re just having a laugh and talking about pinball stuff.

I sincerely hope people get their games. And if this thread bothers someone or makes the feel insecure, drain it? I feel like most people are jocular and not mean spirited.

The nice thing about pessimism is constantly being proven right or being pleasantly surprised

#15805 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

But this time I feel differently and I have every right to feel that way. blaaahhhhh

Yep. You also have the right to disregard evidence elsewhere. You can "feel" that vaccines give people autism and "feel" that reptilians are running the White House. That's your right. I agree with you 100%.

#15806 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I sincerely hope people get their games. And if this thread bothers someone or makes the feel insecure, drain it? I feel like most people are jocular and not mean spirited.
The nice thing about pessimism is constantly being proven right or being pleasantly surprised

Maybe time to speak to your counselor?

(Ok - everyone back to pinball now....)
D9755A69-1762-410B-AE63-5B82A9977E5F (resized).jpegD9755A69-1762-410B-AE63-5B82A9977E5F (resized).jpeg

#15807 3 years ago

Don't the Reptilians live in Cornfields?
I grew a patch of maize last summer.
Have I been replaced!?
WTF!

Oh wait, I'm not crazy.

The corn was a bust btw, it grew to 12 feet tall, no corn.
Hope they make The Who pin.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

20200708_102238 (resized).jpg20200708_102238 (resized).jpg

#15808 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, tonight sucked. I went down to the basement to play some pinball. No matter what game I played or how many times I played it, my scores were static. The score was the score was the score. In all the years pinball has been around, why on earth hasn’t anyone fixed this!? If only there was some “score” innovation in pinball!
After 3 hours of playing I finally just said “screw it”, and now I’m back on Pinside. Blah!

Take the glass off next time, will vastly improve your scores...lol

#15809 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Maybe time to speak to your counselor?
[quoted image]

REALIST
noun
1. a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.
"I am a realist, with no time for your world of make believe"

" You have been Pinfu*%'d tm "

#15810 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[quoted image]

??? There is no pinball in Deeproot, or at least very little. Only Prototypes so far....

#15811 3 years ago

Anticipated Feb update - “ pinball is really easy”

Anticipated Mar update - “ pinball is kind of easy”

Anticipated Apr update - “ pinball is a little bit complex, but it feels so easy”

Anticipated May update - “ pinball is complex but we make it feel so good”

Anticipated June update - “ building pinball is for the birds, wouldn’t you prefer a video game instead”?

Anticipated July update - “ your pinball machine is delayed. It is being held hostage by part suppliers, acting like pirates”!

Anticipated Aug update - “ Ahoy Mate, you like pirates?”

Anticipated Sep update - “ pinball sux. We wanted to build you a game and you wanted the game, but pirates boarded our vessel and now we sell rum. Sign this contract and we will build you some rum. Drinking rum is easy and it feels warm when swallowed. “

Anticipated Oct update - “ we are now taking orders for rum”

#15812 3 years ago

I was pissed that I missed out on preorder for this project back when Bens name was still on the back glass. Now I just hope those still waiting for a machine get one. I also loved the preliminary art for Alice in W. Hopefully DR gets their shit together, completes this project and makes more machines. Skip Food Truck and market something that is known and recognizable by the masses. AIW, Goonies or The Who could really sell well. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. I could care less about “innovation”. One really cool toy/mech/accoutrement on the playfield would be enough if the theme integration was well done.

#15813 3 years ago

I'm out for a while.

Live and let live.

Have fun folks!

#15814 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m getting a t shirt with that quote on it. You r made my day

#15815 3 years ago

Any good gossip? I'm bored.

#15816 3 years ago

A few more job postings as of late

https://www.indeed.com/q-Deeproot-jobs.html

Whatever they're doing, they're staffing up in a few areas.

#15817 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Awesome news!

#15818 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well at least we know they're using solidworks
https://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=e5af6d36804cfcc9&fccid=1b88f48f39e800e6&vjs=3

#15819 3 years ago

Here is some food for the trolls. Lol

Drove by today after lunch in the area.

I counted 18 cars in the parking lot.

Some people are doing something

#15820 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

movingconan.gifmovingconan.gif
#15821 3 years ago

That was the monthly 'grift ideas' meeting.

#15822 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jpoop celebrity appearance maybe?

#15823 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

8 people interviewing for 1 job?

#15824 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

LMAO

#15825 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

An Octoview?

#15826 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was the monthly 'grift ideas' meeting.

Hilarious!

#15827 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Were they U-Haul trucks?

#15828 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Were they U-Haul trucks?

Def wasn't Usps

#15829 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Were they U-Haul trucks?

IMG_20210206_231307 (resized).jpgIMG_20210206_231307 (resized).jpg
#15830 3 years ago

People waiting on the local Food Truck ?

#15831 3 years ago

DP might set a record for a ponzi scheme that lasted the longest after people starting saying it was a ponzi scheme.

#15832 3 years ago

So what's the deal with the investors? Is there a board? Do they vote? Or did they just give Robert a bunch of money because he's done well for them in the past?

If a normal startup spent $30 million and only sold 130 units they would be a management bloodbath.

#15833 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

DP might set a record for a ponzi scheme that lasted the longest after people starting saying it was a ponzi scheme.

If you go back 200 pages i believe ive been saying this for 2 years.
At this point I would never trust this company for a purchase.....if they could even sell something.

#15834 3 years ago

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

Lots of expensive lessons being learned. But they seem committed to the sunk cost fallacy.

If it’s a scam, it’s an awfully stupid one.

#15835 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Lots of expensive lessons being learned. But they seem committed to the sunk cost fallacy.

#15836 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At this point I would never trust this company for a purchase.....if they could even sell something.

In the beginning I was very supportive and was hoping for another option .
After seeing their continued fuck ups , I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot clown Pole .
It's a pity , they have a number of respected people working for them , David Thiel and Steve Bowden to name a couple .

#15837 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Maybe J-Pop is really the person that created Deeproot. He then hired a salesman who plays as the owner and tells you his name is Robert Mueller. Then J-Pop could continue Zidware under a new umbrella. Then when he bails out with the cash, you guys are gonna be looking for some dude name Robert Mueller and all the authorities are going to find is this guy.

6ECEF9BC-574E-477E-998E-FFF10D426C0A (resized).jpeg6ECEF9BC-574E-477E-998E-FFF10D426C0A (resized).jpeg
#15838 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Be careful cowboy!

#15839 3 years ago

Long story short

#15840 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well, I think there's maybe a bad assumption in that statement. Flip it around - what if the pinball community wasn't really the target of the scam? Just a willing, able, ripe market to waste money in?

#15841 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Well, I think there's maybe a bad assumption in that statement. Flip it around - what if the pinball community wasn't really the target of the scam? Just a willing, able, ripe market to waste money in?

Pinball dies with the boomers and the confused of GenX like me. We're competing with sooooo many other forms of entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I want it to last for generations. I just feel like it's going to go the way of 1950s cars when older folks died off.

#15842 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So what's the deal with the investors? Is there a board? Do they vote? Or did they just give Robert a bunch of money because he's done well for them in the past?
If a normal startup spent $30 million and only sold 130 units they would be a management bloodbath.

Not how it worked in this case. No direct investment from investors into a pinball
Company as far as I can tell

I’ve explained it before. Read the SEC documents on file for the Deeproot 575 fund and you get the gist of it

#15843 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not how it worked in this case. No direct investment from investors into a pinball
Company as far as I can tell
I’ve explained it before. Read the SEC documents on file for the Deeproot 575 fund and you get the gist of it

yep

#15844 3 years ago

Lots of investment.
What’s the return on investment?
63426C47-84E8-4D1D-B9E6-13716C06476C (resized).png63426C47-84E8-4D1D-B9E6-13716C06476C (resized).png

#15845 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The IRS ?

#15846 3 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Pinball dies with the boomers and the confused of GenX like me. We're competing with sooooo many other forms of entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I want it to last for generations. I just feel like it's going to go the way of 1950s cars when older folks died off.

Lol

#15847 3 years ago

So 18 cars?
I bet there are at least 35 cars at Spooky.
Ben H needs to take a photo of Spookys parking lot.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#15848 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Lots of investment.[quoted image]

Lot's of money spent on all the pinball machines they have produced thus far. Goose egg. And how many years already....

A couple prototypes, many promises, numerous delays.

But there were 18 cars in the parking lot one day. It will all turn out ok. Just need another multimillion infusion of cash from investors to get back on track and get the ball really rolling. Investors will see dividends soon.

Maybe the other ventures aside from pinball are rocking to make up the shortfall. But when do you trim out the fat ?
( or are the other ventures performing similarly )

No worries.

#15849 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Lots of investment.
What’s the return on investment?
[quoted image]

So... almost another $10 million raised December 2020? How is this explained to "investors"?

And for the curious, I added the numbers on that page:

$41,431,834

#15850 3 years ago

That poor Aaron Flores guy. Imagine the financial ride this dude has been taken on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/317?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.