Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 672.
#15751 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , I never went for a t-shirt , I thought it was another stupid , arrogant move by deep root .
You have to put out a product , before you can brag about it .

Oh of course not. It was my way of printing out that they failed even in this, since the address they gave out for submissions didn't even work initially.

Derproot 4 life

#15752 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have other priorities, like making pinball machines and selling them for money.

...and they call you Crazy......

#15753 3 years ago

Just watching this for the first time. JFC

#15754 3 years ago

I skipped 12 pages....
So...your telling me they cant even make a T-shirt?
Is there anybody that has a game yet, just 1, 1 person with a game?

#15755 3 years ago
Score (resized).jpgScore (resized).jpg
#15756 3 years ago

Watching these videos, the saying "right?" after making a dubious statement appears to be a well-worn tic. He also consistently says "Williams Bally" for some reason.

#15757 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Watching these videos, the saying "right?" after making a dubious statement appears to be a well-worn tic. He also consistently says "Williams Bally" for some reason.

Mkay ?

#15758 3 years ago

He just said "No Good Guffers", LOL

#15759 3 years ago

Funny that the first two stops on the deeproot tour are boxes and machines other companies designed and manufactured

#15760 3 years ago

This is honestly what annoys me most and I think most others about this company. Arrogance beyond measure. Nobody wants them to fail. But boy they don’t make it easy to root for them. Performance art without any actual performance. If you are gonna talk smack then you had better be able to back it up. They certainly haven’t thus far.

#15761 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The t-shirt thing was a pathetic attempt to troll pinsiders that - like everything deep root - proved to be all show and no go when it turned out their “hammer proof” miracle clear coat was as smooth as a hyper hormonal teenagers’ face.
It was just so deep root. Hype + dumb concept + shit talking = broken promises and nothing getting produced. Novelty t shirts that nobody outside a couple hundred nerds would ever understand are hard.
As we haven’t heard shit about “hammer proof” in months, one can only assume they gave up on that as they try to figure out how to make a lock down bar without drawing blood from players’ palms.
This is what separates real manufacturers from ones that will never actually produce a pinball machine. Companies like stern and JJP have endured countless times more criticism over the years and yet never felt the need to run childish doomed-to-failure contests to troll a tiny portion of their potential customer base. They have other priorities, like making pinball machines and selling them for money.

The only thing “Hammer Tested” at Deep Rot are the original Jpop customers. Hopefully the new customers aren’t’ bludgeoned like that.

#15762 3 years ago

In that second video, Robert says they were going to show the pinball celebrities deeproot's revolutionary one-person setup solution that replaces what takes two or three people with other pins, but that he promised the organizers of Chicago Expo he'd save that reveal for their virtual show. Can someone link me that footage?

#15763 3 years ago

the saying "right?" after making a dubious statement

I had a former boss that did that incessantly. I asked a psychologist friend about that and the response was pretty telling. If you just google "saying right at the end of a sentence" you get the following explanation:

"When they say 'right,' they are implying to the listener that what they are saying is not only obviously correct, but that the listener already understands and is already in agreement with them."

#15764 3 years ago

In that second video, Robert says they were going to show the pinball celebrities deeproot's revolutionary one-person setup solution that replaces what takes two or three people with other pins, but that he promised the organizers of Chicago Expo he'd save that reveal for their virtual show. Can someone link me that footage?

Wow. Maybe the fact that games aren’t running on the line right now is because they’ve been spending considerable time trying to rectify Pinball’s original sin regarding “scoring”. Lol!

Anyone else ever draw blood or ding their flooring removing the glass? Anybody still questioning why most people are not willing to invest in this guy’s pinball company?

#15765 3 years ago

Tired of breaking your legs when you are moving your machine and it falls on you? Tired of needing two, three, sometimes TEN people to help you move your pinball machine in and out of your house for dinner parties? Introducing, PinBalloons(patent pending). Coming soon!

#15766 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm STILL not sure I understand the whole RAZA thing! They own the license. They can make as many as they want, no? If it started selling well, why not make more?
Why limit the time to buy? They sold 130. If the game got out there and was good it would sell more. Unless they just want to sweep this whole thing under the rug....
Why release a time line when you don't even have all your shit? And why the hell would you hire a thief? .....there's still so much I don't understand....

Possibly this?

2694EDA7-6C1C-4C73-9C62-8731EC97AF1A (resized).jpeg2694EDA7-6C1C-4C73-9C62-8731EC97AF1A (resized).jpeg
#15767 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Possibly this?[quoted image]

Eh, I don't think it is THAT per se. I think it is more that you have a group of people who are great at ideas and hype, and just plain have no idea how to execute in a timely manner. Those they approach to help them tell them, there's no way it can be done, and they don't want to hear that.

I deal with people like this all the time.

#15768 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Possibly this?[quoted image]

......said to be "on Mount Stupid". Hilarious and accurate, all in one simple statement.

QSS

#15769 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Eh, I don't think it is THAT per se. I think it is more that you have a group of people who are great at ideas and hype, and just plain have no idea how to execute in a timely manner. Those they approach to help them tell them, there's no way it can be done, and they don't want to hear that.
I deal with people like this all the time.

Fake it til ya make it is a time tested business strategy. As you said achieving this depends on having good people, project management skills, and more than a little luck. They didn’t have good people, at least none with a true sense of how to do stuff rather than stumble around for a while, they clearly had no project management skills, and to be fair they have been really unlucky. Money can solve all of that if you have enough of it (and time). The flaw that people often point out for myself in running my startup is that I have given up predicting when things will be done. Too many unknown unknowns, though quite possibly perhaps just unknown to me. I will freely admit that a lack of cash often means that expertise that could otherwise accelerate the process is lacking. And even when you have cash trying to buy expertise doesn’t always work out in the way one hoped. I truly hope for them they have finally brought in people who have manufactured something before and know how to set up a real line. If they haven’t, it’s gonna be a rough ride for all those expecting pins anytime soon. Honestly their best strategy here is to let this pinside peanut gallery just flow on and stay radio silent, heads down, and get the job done. The best way to shut up idiots like me is to actually deliver a good product. All will be forgiven by everyone then and the peanut gallery will mostly go away.

#15770 3 years ago

I can easily see many more excuses with nothing to show.

Pin looks like cheap junk and so does the company.

Watched the Pinpod video. Fav line: You can buy a topper for $999 or security for your pin.

Both overhyped.

#15771 3 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I had a former boss that did that incessantly. I asked a psychologist friend about that and the response was pretty telling. If you just google "saying right at the end of a sentence" you get the following explanation:
"When they say 'right,' they are implying to the listener that what they are saying is not only obviously correct, but that the listener already understands and is already in agreement with them."

It's a sales tactic

#15772 3 years ago

These videos are a joke.

#15773 3 years ago

The crazy thing about the goal post dates being moved again is they made these bold claims of production after YEARS of delays knowing all eyes are on them and needing to prove themselves. And some people want to blame this thread for being negative?

#15774 3 years ago

I waited 6 years for Wayne to remake MM and he never did. Fortunately, he did refund me my $2,500 deposit when I finally pulled the plug. The thing I do not understand about this is what others have already said about the numbers sold. The only way to make money on a machine is to sell as many as you can. Everything it takes to make a complete game is expensive and to make the effort profitable, you have to sell a lot of it. RAZA with less than 200 sales and a limited time to purchase it does not make sense to me. Small runs is what kills companies...look at JPOP. Even if he made the machines, he would have lost his behind on them. How can Deeproot make any kind of spare parts for support when only 160 machines are in the wild? They could be stuck with inventory for that machine FOREVER...dead money. I hope RM changes his mind about production and price for those who want one going forward if they do build more.

#15775 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I waited 6 years for Wayne to remake MM and he never did. Fortunately, he did refund me my $2,500 deposit when I finally pulled the plug. The thing I do not understand about this is what others have already said about the numbers sold. The only way to make money on a machine is to sell as many as you can. Everything it takes to make a complete game is expensive and to make the effort profitable, you have to sell a lot of it. RAZA with less than 200 sales and a limited time to purchase it does not make sense to me. Small runs is what kills companies...look at JPOP. Even if he made the machines, he would have lost his behind on them. How can Deeproot make any kind of spare parts for support when only 160 machines are in the wild? They could be stuck with inventory for that machine FOREVER...dead money. I hope RM changes his mind about production and price for those who want one going forward if they do build more.

I seriously think they were trying to create FOMO and....it might have backfired.

#15776 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I seriously think they were trying to create FOMO and....it might have backfired.

I think that strategy would have worked if they had machines on location for people to see and play and there was a buzz by those lucky enough to be near those locations who played it. But the contract for purchase and the insistence that there would be no more made once they closed the order window was and is not smart. I'm interested in AIW as are a lot of other people because I was interested in it when JPOP was touting it. I hope RM delivers for those who are in, especially for those who were in when JPOP offered it.

#15777 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The only thing “Hammer Tested” at Deep Rot are the original Jpop customers. Hopefully the new customers aren’t’ bludgeoned like that.

I disagree. If people, after all this, still send money, they either deserve a pin, or nothing, which is much more likely. Stop pre-paying people for fucks sake.

"A fool and his money are soon departed"

#15778 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

RM should honestly pull the plug on this whole debacle, pay off the good wills and hope this all goes away. JPOP wont allow it though.

#15779 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

RM should honestly pull the plug on this whole debacle, pay off the good wills and hope this all goes away. JPOP wont allow it though.

He tried, it didn't go well

#15780 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I skipped 12 pages....
Is there anybody that has a game yet, just 1, 1 person with a game?

Can someone do a tee-shirt count in the car park?

I pre ordered this tee-shirt in January and pre ordered next years design two...phew, now I feel in control...apparently they are super limited to anyone who wants one and can coin up when shipping starts. I'm in baby

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,mens,101010_01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,600x600 (resized).jpgssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,mens,101010_01c5ca27c6,front,square_product,600x600 (resized).jpg
#15781 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He won't especially now that he is a pinball designer and an entrepreneur extraordinaire !

#15782 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

He won't especially now that he is a pinball designer and an entrepreneur extraordinaire !

Maybe move into the lowend t-shirt biz!

#15783 3 years ago

01-BlackHoleRemake (resized).png01-BlackHoleRemake (resized).png
I love that the first entry on the upcoming games page is TITLE TBD.

Haven't seen that from the amateurs at Stern. Another industry-disrupting first from the Steve Jobs of pinball!

https://deeprootpinball.com/about/upcoming-games

#15785 3 years ago

RE-CYCLOPS

Designers MUELLER, NORDMAN
Concept by MUELLER
Director of Lighting MUELLER
Starbucks Runner POPADUIK

Who wouldn't love a sequel to Junkyard? You play as RE-CYCLOPS(tm) half man, half machine, all environmentalist. The world has become a garbage dump and it's up to RE-CYCLOPS(c) to clean up humanity's sins! (Based off the 1995 Sega Genesis game Vector-Man because we couldn't afford WALL-E)

Battle a legion of enemies ranging from the vile Judge Sludge(r) to the nefarious Bud Crud(tm) . The game contains some customs mechs that we won't discuss in any detail because they don't exist and also fun gameplay that we also don't discuss because we haven't even gotten to the foam core stage yet. PRE-ORDER NOW FOMO!

#15786 3 years ago

[quoted image]
I love that the first entry on the upcoming games page is TITLE TBD.
Haven't seen that from the amateurs at Stern. Another industry-disrupting first from the Steve Jobs of pinball!
https://deeprootpinball.com/about/upcoming-games

Who wants to guess the groundbreaking mech for this will be the mech from Zaccaria's Time Machine? Or a variation on Dr Who

#15787 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE-CYCLOPS
Concept by MUELLER
Who wouldn't love a sequel to Junkyard? You play as RE-CYCLOPS(tm) half man, half machine, all environmentalist. The world has become a garbage dump and it's up to RE-CYCLOPS(c) to clean up humanity's sins! (Based off the 1995 Sega Genesis game Vector-Man because we couldn't afford WALL-E)
Battle a legion of enemies ranging from the vile Judge Sludge(r) to the nefarious Bud Crud(tm) . The game contains some customs mechs that we won't discuss in any detail because they don't exist and also fun gameplay that we also don't discuss because we haven't even gotten to the foam core stage yet. PRE-ORDER NOW FOMO!

This makes me think about Captain Planet or the Toxic Avenger as themes

#15788 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

half man, half machine, all environmentalist. The world has become a garbage dump and it's up to RE-CYCLOPS(c) to clean up humanity's sins!

Wait, isn't this the actual theme of the much beloved Popeye Saves The Earth?

#15789 3 years ago

Blah blah blah to the naysayers

#15790 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Wait, isn't this the actual theme of the much beloved Popeye Saves The Earth?

Sorta

If anyone hasn't read Python Anghelo's pitch for the game, it's worth a read https://www.ipdb.org/files/1851/Popeye_proposed_theme_from_Python.pdf

#15791 3 years ago

Upon further reflection, can you imagine an alternate universe in which Deeproot's plan was to concentrate exclusively on Alice in Wonderland and continued to miss projected timeline objectives?

The jokes would be brutal: I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. . .

#15792 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Anonymous inside source (aka DeepMute) tells me the shirts are printed and were ready to ship weeks ago. Seems the problem is not Deep Root but a unnamed outside vendor who is manufacturing the innovative “Tee Rod” shirt support system is having difficulty in acquiring more raw titanium that is seen in this leaked prototype image.

5BA51824-CA4D-41BF-8B56-8F9DBFCC2F0A (resized).jpeg5BA51824-CA4D-41BF-8B56-8F9DBFCC2F0A (resized).jpeg
#15793 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE-CYCLOPS
Concept by MUELLER

That would be Re-Recyclops.

recyclops-02 (resized).jpgrecyclops-02 (resized).jpg
#15794 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Blah blah blah to the naysayers

You know what would be cool, if we could say "blah blah" to all the pre-orders who have actually gotten a machine from any # of wannabe pinball co., but that story has been told many times, 3 X now with JPOP. I hope you get a happy ending though!

In an effort to change the tone, what has led you to think differently than so many before you? Any specific quotes from DR or Robert? Some pre-production pics never before seen? Some insight to the original 6 who saw the game in real life? Production lines, marketing, vids and pics? # of cars in the parking lot. ANYTHING MAN!

If you have something, ANYTHING, we and DR would be greatly appreciative. I hope I am proven wrong..

#15795 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You know what would be cool, if we could say "blah blah" to all the pre-orders who have actually gotten a machine from any # of wannabe pinball co., but that story has been told many times, 3 X now with JPOP. I hope you get a happy ending though!
In an effort to change the tone, what has led you to think differently than so many before you? Any specific quotes from DR or Robert? Some pre-production pics never before seen? Some insight to the original 6 who saw the game in real life? Production lines, marketing, vids and pics? # of cars in the parking lot. ANYTHING MAN!
If you have something, ANYTHING, we and DR would be greatly appreciative. I hope I am proven wrong..

Blah blah blaaahhhhh
Have you purchased or put money down on a RAZA? If not, I don't give a crap what you say. All I here from the naysayers is Blah Blah Blah

#15796 3 years ago

It's my decision to have taken the risk like every other RAZA buyer. Why do you care so much? We're grown adults. I was about to purchase a pin through Zidware But after speaking to him for 5 minutes I realised it was never going to be built. But this time I feel differently and I have every right to feel that way. So all you naysayers that have no money invested into this business right now get bent. Or as my inner child would say.... blah blah blaaahhhhh

#15797 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's my decision to have taken the risk like every other RAZA buyer. Why do you care so much? We're grown adults.

You seem to care enough to keep dissing other posters for having their own opinion. Seems you can’t follow your own schtick.

This is a pinball discussion forum... not a deeproot site. Having money on the line doesn’t earn you any greater access here.

#15798 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You seem to care enough to keep dissing other posters for having their own opinion. Seems you can’t follow your own schtick.
This is a pinball discussion forum... not a deeproot site. Having money on the line doesn’t earn you any greater access here.

Typical broken record response....blah blah blaaahhhhh

#15799 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

All I here from the naysayers is Blah Blah Blah

All I here is pinball ga ga, Pinball blah blah

#15800 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I here is pinball ga ga, Pinball blah blah

Pinball was new, pin ball some one still loves you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/316?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.