Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 672.
#15401 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

[quoted image]
Ben Norris?

No, Ben Thingie.

benny (resized).jpgbenny (resized).jpg

#15402 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The big problem with foam core builders like jpop and Denis Nordman is that they only create half ideas. Why? because they can't build a Meg or playfield on their own.
They only have ideas and need a team to complete a playing Whitewood.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

#15403 3 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

you heard the expert nordman..now go get your shine box!

#15404 3 years ago

Big Foot mic drop

zzzzzz3ed2804f0b8c6628ea09926d57233f68 (resized).jpgzzzzzz3ed2804f0b8c6628ea09926d57233f68 (resized).jpg
#15405 3 years ago

LOL Pwned!

#15406 3 years ago

Owned so bad lolol

#15407 3 years ago

Just because.

#15409 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There's still no game to buy. Only a non-refundable pre-order and a promise.

At $8k for a pro and 13k for the extra, this company is dead. Loving what AP is doing. One game version around $6500 ish. I’m calling it now with the insane pricing and extreme overhead with a team of noodlers lead by Jpoop.

More pinball is not good with CEOs that cannot be trusted.

#15410 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

At $8k for a pro and 13k for the extra, this company is dead. Loving what AP is doing. One game version around $6500 ish. I’m calling it now with the insane pricing and extreme overhead with a team of noodlers lead by Jpoop.
More pinball is not good with CEOs that cannot be trusted.

Reading is hard.

Edit: To clear that up since I‘m getting PMs telling what an intelligent, thoughtfull and reasonable person I am...

...the „Pro“, wich is named „Arcade“ was 6k. Same aboutish for the X-tra.
If you do wanna support them you jumped in at the „bargain price“.
Their talk that they may sell lomited amounts at a higher price later, as always, is just talk as of today and quite likely only meant to make you buy-buy-buy now!

They didn‘t take 8k for a“pro“, they don‘t do that now, we‘ll see if they ever will... because if they do thst‘s actually a great thing because it means they got through the first run of machines!

Additionally, I don‘t even know who and what you were answering to, „because“, and I don‘t care.

Srsly guys, now it‘s just waiting and I wish everybody that made the leap of faith good luck.
I honestly do think that they‘re in this to win this and no fraud, but I‘m slso no idiot; you can see they‘re struggling.

Have a nice weekend folks! :-*

#15411 3 years ago

Super secret spy pictures of Food Truck...

20210109_162735 (resized).jpg20210109_162735 (resized).jpg
#15412 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image]

At 13k, I may buy 5.

#15413 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image]

What a horrible name for a food truck.

#15414 3 years ago

lol...I almost peed! It was like the Marshall McLuhan scene in Annie Hall!

annie hall Marshall McLuhan (resized).jpgannie hall Marshall McLuhan (resized).jpg
#15415 3 years ago

Fish tacos yuk, what a way to ruin a taco

#15416 3 years ago

Eh... no it isn't.

IMG_20210110_112202 (resized).jpgIMG_20210110_112202 (resized).jpg

#15417 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Reading is hard.
Edit: To clear that up since I‘m getting PMs telling what an intelligent, thoughtfull and reasonable person I am...
...the „Pro“, wich is named „Arcade“ was 6k. Same aboutish for the X-tra.
If you do wanna support them you jumped in at the „bargain price“.
Their talk that they may sell lomited amounts at a higher price later, as always, is just talk as of today and quite likely only meant to make you buy-buy-buy now!
They didn‘t take 8k for a“pro“, they don‘t do that now, we‘ll see if they ever will... because if they do thst‘s actually a great thing because it means they got through the first run of machines!
Additionally, I don‘t even know who and what you were answering to, „because“, and I don‘t care.
Srsly guys, now it‘s just waiting and I wish everybody that made the leap of faith good luck.
I honestly do think that they‘re in this to win this and no fraud, but I‘m slso no idiot; you can see they‘re struggling.
Have a nice weekend folks! :-*

Thank you for clearing that up. It’s a company without a strategy really. They are going to sell at $6k and crush Stern. No wait, now that was a discounted price. We all can see that the company has not found its way.

I blame their CEO for this. When you run your mouth about how easy pinball is with a huge ego attached to it, you reap what you sow.

Contrast is Spooky who have always said Pinball is hard. I love this company. Charlie is real and honest. I trust them and wish them well. The arrogance of Deeproot makes me feel that something just isn’t right. I do not wish to support them, nor do I trust them.

#15418 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Thank you for clearing that up. It’s a company without a strategy really. They are going to sell at $6k and crush Stern. No wait, now that was a discounted price.

Noone would argue that.

But because of that I wouldn‘t judge em by their ‚intention‘ to sell those games later at a higher price. Who knows what‘ll happen.

Only thing they really ‚did‘ was collecting money for the actual run.
Let‘s hope they‘ll make these.

The rest of their business modell will (and has to) propably adapt rapidly, and irritate people.

Best would be to talk less...

#15419 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Only thing they really ‚did‘ was collecting money for the actual run.

Nope. Robert said this money wasn't being used to buy parts or make the games, remember?

#15420 3 years ago

He also promised not to take pre-order money.

#15421 3 years ago

Well to be fair, that preorder money they did take won't buy much. And with the thousands of millions they already had, shouldn't need it.

#15422 3 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Nope. Robert said this money wasn't being used to buy parts or make the games, remember?

So... ?

#15423 3 years ago

Since it seems DR needs to spin up their line I'd say a deposit is a good way to determine how many people are truly committed to buying a game, this gives them the info they need to stock up and schedule.

#15424 3 years ago

has anyone heard about any delivery dates yet?

#15425 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Since it seems DR needs to spin up their line I'd say a deposit is a good way to determine how many people are truly committed to buying a game, this gives them the info they need to stock up and schedule.

Still you’d think they’re planning to build at least a couple hundred from the start. They even said they’d round up the orders some to make it an even number of total produced units.

They say they don’t need the money to get parts. Ok. Then if it’s for gauging how many parts to order, why is deeproot letting preorder people know that they can add in all the addons later? It seems you could even go from the base model to the premium. So if the preorders are about getting a ballpark number of parts, why let people then order more stuff right before the game is built and final payment is due.

Idk. I’m willing to chalk that one up to incompetence and trying to do great customer service. It’s just interesting behavior.

#15426 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

I guess most did. It‘s on their website, but kinda vague. Also since this is a process the Games don‘t immediately materialize all at once. (Just writing that since it seems to be the understanding of some (one) vocal (podcasting) people.)

Let‘s say if they don’t start (!) shipping games by the end of march they‘d have broken their own set deadlines... again.

#15427 3 years ago

One thing hit me recently. I was considering ordering a RAZA, and decided to re-watch Robert's RAZA walkthrough video with my wife. After watching it again, I realized something...Robert never actually walks through the game and never really talks about RAZA at all. All he talks about are the features of the DR platform. He doesn't go over game rules, or shots, or mechs or anything. He spends 15 minutes talking about the DR platform as a whole, and barely any time on the actual game. Which is a red-flag to me.

So I realized that what I was interested in about RAZA were all the platform features, and not really in RAZA itself. And apparently the same is true for Robert. I've decided to just wait for a DR game that actually excited me because of the game itself, not just because of the special DR platform. Every game they sell should have the lift-glass, the pinbar, the wraparound backbox, and all the other stuff. So I might as well wait. Also, my wife thought that RAZA was probably 50% too many themes combined into one game. One or two of them would have been sufficient.

#15428 3 years ago

Hmm...I recall watching a gameplay feature video. It isn't in that feature video. Search on youtube.

#15429 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

One thing hit me recently. I was considering ordering a RAZA, and decided to re-watch Robert's RAZA walkthrough video with my wife. After watching it again, I realized something...Robert never actually walks through the game and never really talks about RAZA at all. All he talks about are the features of the DR platform. He doesn't go over game rules, or shots, or mechs or anything. He spends 15 minutes talking about the DR platform as a whole, and barely any time on the actual game. Which is a red-flag to me.

So I realized that what I was interested in about RAZA were all the platform features, and not really in RAZA itself. And apparently the same is true for Robert. I've decided to just wait for a DR game that actually excited me because of the game itself, not just because of the special DR platform. Every game they sell should have the lift-glass, the pinbar, the wraparound backbox, and all the other stuff. So I might as well wait. Also, my wife thought that RAZA was probably 50% too many themes combined into one game. One or two of them would have been sufficient.

You Could watch one of the other 8 videos that covered those things. Just a thought. It’s an easy to find page called Videos.

#15430 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm...I recall watching a gameplay feature video. It isn't in that feature video. Search on youtube.

Quoted from Yelobird:

You Could watch one of the other 8 videos that covered those things. Just a thought. It’s an easy to find page called Videos.

Actually, DR only has one other video of any substance, and that's a fairly uninspiring rules-video by Steve Bowden and partner. Love Steve, but the rules video certainly isn't a slick or to-the-point overview.

Come on guys, my point wasn't that I couldn't possibly find any more info on RAZA; my point was that DR called their video a RAZA walkthrough, and that's not actually what the video is. DR doesn't actually have a slick, well-produced game-overview video. And the fact that Robert doesn't spend any time talking about the actual game, speaks volumes to me. The RAZA video in question should have been called a Deeproot Platform walkthrough, not a RAZA walkthrough.

And I just found it interesting. With Stern games, I can usually find a nicely produced and to-the-point video to show my wife a game I'm thinking about buying. With RAZA, it was difficult to find an equivalent video.

#15431 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Actually, DR only has one other video of any substance, and that's a fairly uninspiring rules-video by Steve Bowden and partner. Love Steve, but the rules video certainly isn't a slick or to-the-point overview.
Come on guys, my point wasn't that I couldn't possibly find any more info on RAZA; my point was that DR called their video a RAZA walkthrough, and that's not actually what the video is. DR doesn't actually have a slick, well-produced game-overview video. And the fact that Robert doesn't spend any time talking about the actual game, speaks volumes to me. The RAZA video in question should have been called a Deeproot Platform walkthrough, not a RAZA walkthrough.
And I just found it interesting. With Stern games, I can usually find a nicely produced and to-the-point video to show my wife a game I'm thinking about buying. With RAZA, it was difficult to find an equivalent video.

Common DakotaMike you are overthinking this. Step back and realize that Stern does not need to show off their platform / same basic formula/platform for years. They focus their videos on game play because their platform is developed.

Deeproot has something to prove and show off - their platform. So showing both platform and game at the same time can be competing for their first game release. I am sure DP’s new platform puts a shadow over their 1st game release (about to be released.). As other games come (if other games come)....platform will be secondary.

Don’t over think this one.

Now as far as if RAZA trips your trigger or not that is fair. Pick a game you will love playing.

#15432 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Exactly, how else would you know what to ramp up for?

So I'll swing by sometime tomorrow and do the "counting cars in the parking lot" observation.

#15433 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll swing by sometime tomorrow and do the "counting cars in the parking lot" observation.

If you see a food truck in the parking lot around lunchtime, is it there for serving the DR employees or for ongoing game development?

#15434 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If you see a food truck in the parking lot around lunchtime, is it there for serving the DR employees or for ongoing game development?

Both and to help build RAZA!

#15435 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

No, because there aren't any hard delivery dates.

Shipping estimates were based on their UL certifications being complete, which has not happened yet. So you know...they'll ship sometime! We promise!

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I guess most did. It‘s on their website, but kinda vague. Also since this is a process the Games don‘t immediately materialize all at once. (Just writing that since it seems to be the understanding of some (one) vocal (podcasting) people.)

Let‘s say if they don’t start (!) shipping games by the end of march they‘d have broken their own set deadlines... again.

Yeah? On their website? Can you point me to that? Following the menu - "Shop -> Games" leads to a server error. Can't find it anywhere else. If it's there I'd like to know where it's buried.

#15436 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

No, because there aren't any hard delivery dates.
Shipping estimates were based on their UL certifications being complete, which has not happened yet. So you know...they'll ship sometime! We promise!

Yeah? On their website? Can you point me to that? Following the menu - "Shop -> Games" leads to a server error. Can't find it anywhere else. If it's there I'd like to know where it's buried.

They are not waiting on UL certificates this has been discussed already. Facts

#15437 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really? Can you point me to that?

#15438 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Really? Can you point me to that?

I think it was in multiple places and a podcast or two discussed it they are not shipping to Europe until CE (same as US UL approval) is complete. I think it was in their FAQ on shipping on their site.

Of course they are not shipping in the USA until machines are made as well - to just admit that part of the conversation as well.

#15439 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I think it was in multiple places and a podcast or two discussed it they are not shipping to Europe until CE (same as US UL approval) is complete. I think it was in their FAQ on shipping on their site.

I think you must mean this:

Quoted from Mr68:

See screenshot.
If it happens I would hope that the Goodwill agreement people would be first to receive their games. I've never met Fulltilt and I would enjoy seeing a picture of him unboxing his game. Many of the others too and I will quietly celebrate all of them should Deeproot prove me wrong.
[quoted image]

Which again - is nowhere on the Deeproot site now. And further highlights my point - that their phased delivery timeline is TIED to their UL certifications.

Quoted from Yelobird:

So, respectfully, how are they not waiting on UL certs? And where was this "discussed"?

#15440 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I'll swing by sometime tomorrow and do the "counting cars in the parking lot" observation.

How was the recon?

#15441 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

How was the recon?

Apologies, back off vacation last week and swamped today

Tomorrow I go and post pics

#15442 3 years ago

Every time I read this thread someone mentions Food Truck and I just laugh. There's gotta be at least 100 other better themes out there and this is gonna be their second big hit?

Good luck with that.

QSS

#15443 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I think you must mean this:

Which again - is nowhere on the Deeproot site now. And further highlights my point - that their phased delivery timeline is TIED to their UL certifications.

So, respectfully, how are they not waiting on UL certs? And where was this "discussed"?

You Literally added a link to your own post? Did you choose not to read it I’m confused. They will only delay games to Europe while they await CE compliance which is fairly normal with a product with electronic components. Games shipping will only be UL for now.

260A60C1-0577-4B59-992B-BF91BFBDEEC8 (resized).jpeg260A60C1-0577-4B59-992B-BF91BFBDEEC8 (resized).jpeg
#15444 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Yeah? On their website? Can you point me to that? Following the menu - "Shop -> Games" leads to a server error. Can't find it anywhere else.

It is gone indeed, but that doesn't really matter.

It was there wen you could order the game. So you hopefully read that when you ordered your machine.
Order banks are now closed (and how/ when the game will be delivered will change multiple times anyway), so the site is gone.

In case you didn't order, why care if the delivery timeframe is not still there on the website?
It can't be because of pure interrest, since the answer to your questions was posted multiple times in this thread or to simple down things what Yelobird just dug out for your reading pleasure.

Additzionally, as said (by Deeproot themselfes), certification is needed for overseas sales.
Since different countrys have different standards you just target the strictest (mostly the CE) and with that have most of your other things in line.

#15445 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is gone indeed, but that doesn't really matter.
It was there wen you could order the game. So you hopefully read that when you ordered your machine.
Order banks are now closed (and how/ when the game will be delivered will change multiple times anyway), so the site is gone.
In case you didn't order, why care if the delivery timeframe is not still there on the website?
It can't be because of pure interrest, since the answer to your questions was posted multiple times in this thread or to simple down things what Yelobird just dug out for your reading pleasure.
Additzionally, as said (by Deeproot themselfes), certification is needed for overseas sales.
Since different countrys have different standards you just target the strictest (mostly the CE) and with that have most of your other things in line.

If you have an account with Deeproot and log in the information is still there...

So buyers have access to all the info still.

#15446 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

If you have an account with Deeproot and log in the information is still there...
So buyers have access to all the info still.

That is kinda surprising, but nice.

#15447 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is kinda surprising, but nice.

DR data mining.

#15448 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

RM said late January or early February during his big interview last month. Boy oh boy only a few more weeks at the latest! He’s a man of his word so this is legit baby! Can’t wait!

#15449 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

RM said late January or early February during his big interview last month. Boy oh boy only a few more weeks at the latest! He’s a man of his word so this is legit baby! Can’t wait!

Its almost like I can smell my burrito from Food Truck which should be a couple months behind, as ordered on my Pinbar(tm) exciting times!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/309?hl=vipervs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.