Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.29.03 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.47 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.28 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.43 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.19 PM (resized).png
IMG_20220517_124540783 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220517_123941378 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

208 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 620.
#15351 1 year ago

Why do people keep bringing up how many AMH sold? I bet it was a better ROI than whatever RAZA ends up being.

AMH made some money and got Spooky going for relatively little startup capital. RAZA has sold about twice as much, but the initial investment was magnitudes larger. (And those games still gotta be built)

You can dog AMH for the way it looks, but it was pretty successive all things considered.

#15352 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well Food Truck has been confirmed as Deeproots next title and they will have to release images fairly soon and promote it to keep the line moving.

Ok this is just an Observation but as noted in the past. Just because Robert Says something does Not make it Confirmed. Until its in Writing is it actually confirmed. Theres a "How to interpret DR commitment" handbook in the works.

#15353 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why do people keep bringing up how many AMH sold? I bet it was a better ROI than whatever RAZA ends up being.
AMH made some money and got Spooky going for relatively little startup capital. RAZA has sold about twice as much, but the initial investment was magnitudes larger. (And those games still gotta be built)
You can dog AMH for the way it looks, but it was pretty successive all things considered.

My interpretation was not about ROI, more about interest in the title.

#15354 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

Food Truck would be a totally great theme, for the P3 platform. If someone started it on today, betting we would see it as a P3 game before a Deeproot one.

I was thinking about this last week
But food truck is a lame name.. I'd give it the name of the store, Papa John's or something like that..

#15355 1 year ago

Ok

Deeproot is hiring Assembly Line!

#15356 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

dumb statement

A fan and/or collector. Cheers.

#15357 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

AMH is a decent game and the theme is really cool. Definitely one of the funniest games I’ve owned.

#15358 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

More Ocktoberfest’s made then AMH.
Neither big runners but have their following.
Give me 1 more unique game like Oktoberfest or Food Truck .... than the 100th music pinball. Only 4 of those music pins in the top 40 pinball rankings.

I like Oktoberfest and actually have one NIB that I haven’t opened yet. I just think there are 100 unique themes we could get before another food based theme like Food Truck.

#15359 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No one has seen Food truck - how can you be for OR against it at this point?

Someone explain to me how Food Truck in any way a better theme than Oktoberfest? Very similar in concept as far as I’m concerned. In fact, ‘Fest has more variation opportunities IMO (beer, chicks, music, games...monkeys) in a good way.

‘Fest is a pretty solid pinball. And it’s loaded. And it sold lousy. Is Jpop’s art design really going to make Food Truck a hit? Or is it all that “other” DR innovation?

#15360 1 year ago
Quoted from Makakka:Food truck is designed for market expansion with an xtra for 10k for collectors and fans. It’s for the investors that don’t know anything about pinball to follow the dream/myth „every home needs a deeproot pinball“.

Home buyer buying their first $7-$10k new pin and has Star Wars, Avengers, Turtles, Stranger Things, JP, Deadpool, Wonka, GnR, Zep, Hot Wheels, Alien and whatever - Toy Story? - to choose from....and they pick Food Truck?

#15361 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Someone explain to me how Food Truck in any way a better theme than Oktoberfest? Very similar in concept as far as I’m concerned. In fact, ‘Fest has more variation opportunities IMO (beer, chicks, music, games...monkeys) in a good way.
‘Fest is a pretty solid pinball. And it’s loaded. And it sold lousy. Is Jpop’s art design really going to make Food Truck a hit? Or is it all that “other” DR innovation?

If you are just talking about theme alone, both are terrible. Even if the gameplay itself is amazing, it will be severely limited because of the theme. You need both theme and great gameplay to achieve meaningful volumes.

#15362 1 year ago

TNA was a great "indy" hit, but we're still talking like ~500 units produced. That works within Spooky's business model, but not when millions of dollars have been spent. It's crazy to think deeproot is aiming for Spooky numbers.

#15363 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

More Ocktoberfest’s made then AMH.
Neither big runners but have their following.
Give me 1 more unique game like Oktoberfest or Food Truck .... than the 100th music pinball. Only 4 of those music pins in the top 40 pinball rankings.

AMH was built by probably like 3-4 people (like most of Charlie's family and maybe one outside person hired) in a room about the size of most people's basements (I picked mine up in person so I know how small it was). Octoberfest should have had more built than AMH being their 2nd game and a helluva lot more money and people behind it.

I like music pins, but it certainly feels like manufacturers are going to the well too many times. Look what happened to Midway, they just kept releasing new fighting games until people got bored with the theme.

#15364 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok this is just an Observation but as noted in the past. Just because Robert Says something does Not make it Confirmed. Until its in Writing is it actually confirmed. Theres a "How to interpret DR commitment" handbook in the works.

I find that incredibly sad and unprofessional for a business or an individual. Confusion and lack of trust is bad reputation and one of the main reasons I'm a sceptic here.

#15365 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do we need another break??
[quoted image]

Who leaked the backglass for Food Truck?

#15366 1 year ago

Take a step back for a moment and imagine that Cactus Canyon was never built or ever existed. Strip away everything you know about CC.

If Deeproot or ANY manufacture today announced an unknown "Cactus Canyon" as its next title, people would be treating it the same way as Food Truck. - WTF is a Cactus Canyon? ... and they'd laugh about it.

Times have changed and the 90's pinball market sailed away a long time ago.

#15367 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Take a step back for a moment and imagine that Cactus Canyon was never built or ever existed. Strip away everything you know about CC.
If Deeproot or ANY manufacture today announced an unknown "Cactus Canyon" as its next title, people would be treating it the same way as Food Truck. - WTF is a Cactus Canyon? LOL!
Times have changed and the 90's pinball market sailed away a long time ago.

I actually believe making CCr would be a mistake for CGC. It is certainly rare, but not am amazing game like MM or AFM.

#15368 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well Food Truck has been confirmed as Deeproots next title and they will have to release images fairly soon and promote it to keep the line moving.

I guess they have to get the line rolling first...

#15369 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Dialed In is far from a failure, but the way I worded it wasn't clear. I was using B3K to counter your point. People LOVE the BK games. Those same people (for the most part) didn't like B3K. While yes, theme may be the trigger for people to pay attention, if the gameplay sucks, it's still going to suck regardless of theme. I think Munsters is a good example of this, and even GoTG. Both of those games in my opinion (one theme I love, one game I could care less bout), they both are horrible players (IMO of course). The resale prices reflect this.
Remember, there's a difference between throwing thousands at a machine, or throwing quarters in as you walk by.

Dialed in is the worst selling JJP game if I'm not mistaken. If its not #1 then its definitely #2. Whats more, it took a loooong time to even sell as many as it did. DI's were sitting in distro's warehouses collecting dust forever. BK3 looks and plays awesome IMO. It has quite a few fans, shoots great too. The big complaint is the code is not deep enough. If I was buying a new Stern, it would be high up on my list though. Of course thats all anecdotal.

I think we agree that theme alone is not enough to prop a game up, but if the theme isn't there a game is pretty much DOA. Obviously a game should have great gameplay, but nobody is going to know about the great gameplay unless the theme draws them in first. At least not until its too late. Everyone knows Goonies will be DR's biggest hit, even if its not their best playing game, and DR really needs to move units and start bringing in money. Food Truck will not do that for them, even if the game is really good (which I actually have no doubt that it will be good). I don't want DR to fail, I just find a lot of their moves to not only be baffling, but also raise a suspicious eyebrow. Like, how can they be successful with moves like this? I guess we'll just find out in the months to come.

#15370 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Dialed in is the worst selling JJP game if I'm not mistaken. If its not #1 then its definitely #2. Whats more, it took a loooong time to even sell as many as it did. DI's were sitting in distro's warehouses collecting dust forever. BK3 looks and plays awesome IMO. It has quite a few fans, shoots great too. The big complaint is the code is not deep enough. If I was buying a new Stern, it would be high up on my list though. Of course thats all anecdotal.
I think we agree that theme alone is not enough to prop a game up, but if the theme isn't there a game is pretty much DOA. Obviously a game should have great gameplay, but nobody is going to know about the great gameplay unless the theme draws them in first. At least not until its too late. Everyone knows Goonies will be DR's biggest hit, even if its not their best playing game, and DR really needs to move units and start bringing in money. Food Truck will not do that for them, even if the game is really good (which I actually have no doubt that it will be good). I don't want DR to fail, I just find a lot of their moves to not only be baffling, but also raise a suspicious eyebrow. Like, how can they be successful with moves like this? I guess we'll just find out in the months to come.

Agree mostly with your statement except for your questioning their release build plan. With the Huge Hate wave in this thread they would be Crazy to release a premier Licensed title at any early stage. Their first game could have been Star Wars or Queen and the hate vibe of this thread following would have drilled it into oblivion! Starting with lessor non licensed titles for everyone to hurl stones at was a smart play in my book.

#15371 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree mostly with your statement except for your questioning their release build plan. With the Huge Hate wave in this thread they would be Crazy to release a premier Licensed title at any early stage. Their first game could have been Star Wars or Queen and the hate vibe of this thread following would have drilled it into oblivion! Starting with lessor non licensed titles for everyone to hurl stones at was a smart play in my book.

You are right, releasing a game people want to buy would be a huge tactical error.

#15372 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are right, releasing a game people want to buy would be a huge tactical error.

In this thread, there is NO game people want to buy if it says DR!

#15373 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If no one wants their games its their own design and marketing fault, not some random thread in a niche forum for a niche hobby.

Don't blame some people who enjoy speculating on the hobby.

I have nothing against deep root. I love pinball and they're endlessly fascinating to me.

#15374 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

True. But I’m thinking back to the future Pinpods would fly out the door.

#15375 1 year ago

I like Food Trucks !
Cant wait to get the pin and do an Alt trans light for my favorite truck.

5348B80E-0CE1-4E5B-817B-05AB88FB3D1A (resized).jpegAE5F696C-1BF4-4534-A931-B6647C8FBC4E (resized).png
#15376 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There's still no game to buy. Only a non-refundable pre-order and a promise.

#15377 1 year ago

The skepticism is well founded. If you pre-ordered, I don't know why you are in here if you just want an eaco chamber of positivity. Hopes and dreams and all that. At this point, it's all speculation, even for those who put money down. The vast majority want to see a good ending to this, but it's going to take some actual action of games getting out before many change their minds.

#15378 1 year ago

Pinside is a small fraction of the pinball buying public. If DR released an awesome licensed theme with a fun shooting layout it would sell. Saying that they should not release a licensed title now because of this stupid thread is off base.

#15379 1 year ago

Has anyone here bought something on Kickstarter? Did it arrive when they initially planned? This is what I worry about.

#15380 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nah man, I think if they came out of the gate with a killer theme the money would flow regardless. I can understand the first release being RAZA, and its kind of a catch 22 because thats also a big source of the "hate" but it just seems like once they get that obligation out of the way they should be doing whatever they can do take peoples minds off the questionable mishaps so far. There would be no better way to do that than to release a theme a lot of people would go ga-ga over. Pinball brothers are going to take in a ton of orders on Alien, and they should technically be in a very similar boat to DR

#15381 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

AMH made some money... RAZA has sold about twice as much,

RAZA hasn't sold shit. A production model doesn't even exist. They just took non-refundable deposits on the promise of a game to be made at some point in the future and made you sign a contract that says you're fucked when the game is never made.

#15382 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

Has anyone here bought something on Kickstarter? Did it arrive when they initially planned? This is what I worry about.

I was one of the suckers for the coolest cooler back in the day. If you google you can read about that whole fiasco.

Never again.

#15383 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

RAZA hasn't sold shit. A production model doesn't even exist. They just took non-refundable deposits on the promise of a game to be made at some point in the future and made you sign a contract that says you're fucked when the game is never made.

Tell us how you really feel.

#15384 1 year ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Tell us how you really feel.

Please don't. XD

#15385 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If BH’s future game fails in some way or shape we can count on Pinside pitchfork & torches as this is what we do. Tough industry to Root for!

Oh, i didnt realize BH has previously ripped off customers or done/said literally anything even close to what dr has done(not done)/said.

This is why we would root for BH, but can trash dr, over and over.

#15386 1 year ago

Say what you will about AMH. We did it with near zero budget, our own time and money. Everyone who ordered one got one, it's held its value pretty well and it paid for about 35% of my house (after taxes).

Glad to hear deeproot is spinning up a line. Hopefully they have some very experienced people to manage it.

#15387 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Home buyer buying their first $7-$10k new pin and has Star Wars, Avengers, Turtles, Stranger Things, JP, Deadpool, Wonka, GnR, Zep, Hot Wheels, Alien and whatever - Toy Story? - to choose from....and they pick Food Truck?

Well I´m not a license maximalist thats why I ordered RAZA Xtra. But regardless you need a positive emotional response to a theme to be a home buyer. So answer is...no.

#15388 1 year ago

The idea of 'food truck' doesn't bother me. I like non licensed themes as generally they seem to be more imaginative with less constraints. I will say the name is lacking. They need to rebrand it into a bit more exciting name similar to RAZA.

#15389 1 year ago
zzzzsuper2969760c-0aa3-450e-b033-ba6466f6e64b (resized).jpg
#15390 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

I did, and it arrived on time

#15391 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Say what you will about AMH. We did it with near zero budget, our own time and money. Everyone who ordered one got one, it's held its value pretty well and it paid for about 35% of my house (after taxes).
Glad to hear deeproot is spinning up a line. Hopefully they have some very experienced people to manage it.

I applied but doubt I hear from them

#15392 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

It did/ does about 20% of the time for me, the rest was pretty much burglary...

#15393 1 year ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It's not. But I think what he was trying to say is that there are those that are excited as those who came before them. I believe that history can repeat itself.

History can and does repeat itself...when people do not study history to learn from it.

Such appears to be the case here with many of the Deeproot supporters.

#15394 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The idea of 'food truck' doesn't bother me. I like non licensed themes as generally they seem to be more imaginative with less constraints. I will say the name is lacking. They need to rebrand it into a bit more exciting name similar to RAZA.

ZOMBIE FOOD TRUCK!
(But with no zombies, because it's really an alien named Ned)

#15395 1 year ago

Is Goonies slated for 2021?

This is the one they need to get out to propel them forward. Followed by The Who.

#15396 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just make Robert sign an NDA. He’s already disclosing nothing.

And Ben, I highly respect your testicular fortitude and engineering prowess. Everyone can consider themselves informed if/when money disappears.

#15397 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

And Ben, I highly respect your testicular fortitude and engineering prowess.

I think more people should grow up as a short red head with receding hair and a large nose. We'd have a lot less wimps in the world.

#15398 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think more people should grow up as a short red head with receding hair and a large nose. We'd have a lot less wimps in the world.

Nomination for Ben Heck's pinside post of the year!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#15399 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Nomination for Ben Heck's pinside post of the year!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I know who I’m going as for Halloween 2021

#15400 1 year ago
Quoted from russdx:

I know who I’m going as for Halloween 2021

benheck (resized).jpg

Ben Norris?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Essex, CT
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.95
Electronics
Pinballrom
There are 30,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 620.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!