Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 672.
#15301 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Food Truck is Diner 2. Simple.

Yes, a sequel probably 8 people want. We get it, Diner is a fun game. So is BK and BK2K and people have been talking about wanting a 3rd black knight game forever and look how well that did. At least RAZA has a fun whimsical look/theme so it can appeal to even casuals somewhat. Food truck is about as good of an idea as Punny Factory and would probably sell marginally better. Its not even Designed by Mark Ritchie so who cares if its Diner 2

#15302 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yes, a sequel probably 8 people want. We get it, Diner is a fun game. So is BK and BK2K and people have been talking about wanting a 3rd black knight game forever and look how well that did. At least RAZA has a fun whimsical look/theme so it can appeal to even casuals somewhat. Food truck is about as good of an idea as Punny Factory and would probably sell marginally better. Its not even Designed by Mark Ritchie so who cares if its Diner 2

Design/Gameplay > Theme.

B3K is an interesting example. People still love the first 2. People don't like the new one. (Haven't played it, so I can't say why that is but it isn't because of theme).

#15303 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If Diner came out now it would be a complete flop and put AP (I can only assume) out of business.

These people have zero idea what they are doing, zero idea what buyers want in 2020, and apparently zero plan to build and deliver these games nobody wants.

Everybody says they want "90s pinball!" but they don't. That's one of the main problems here.

#15304 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Bowen != Bowden
One makes a lot of tutorial videos and does rules for Spooky. One runs Fun With Bonus and does rules for Deeproot.
100% lower would be zero. San Antonio CoL is not zero.

My bad! I know Steve Bowden.

My bad! Only 65%, with an 85% difference in housing: https://www.nerdwallet.com/cost-of-living-calculator/compare/new-york-manhattan-ny-vs-san-antonio-tx

#15305 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's simple public knowledge of the history of events and statements. No 'insight' needed - just references and knowledge.
If you find any of my references wrong - feel free to correct me and I hope to learn more from your help. But I don't see you correcting anything I've said, just resistance to your cites being called out as bogus. And your theories are based on cites that are blatantly wrong, so they really don't carry much value either.

I am glad I let this thread hang for a day, on my offday, and used it to enjoy drinking decent/and not so decent beer, playing more daft Ass Creed, and rewatching Starship Troopers.

A better day than the last, for sure!

Did I miss anything here?

#15306 3 years ago

Food Truck could lead to some interesting gameplay ideas, plus you can utilize the pinbar but it really needs to be rebranded with a more interesting name. I’m all for unlicensed titles as long as they are done well.

Would I buy Food Truck? Probably not. I love the B movie theme of RAZA more than a concept that sounds(as Ben said) like a mobile game.

#15307 3 years ago

Are any of the RAZAs, avail to play on location in NYC yet?

#15308 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are any of the RAZAs, avail to play on location in NYC yet?

Are any Aliens?

#15309 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Design/Gameplay > Theme.
B3K is an interesting example. People still love the first 2. People don't like the new one. (Haven't played it, so I can't say why that is but it isn't because of theme).

Thats mostly untrue. Theme by and large is what sells a game. I don't know why people still have trouble believing this simple fact. Of course, a game can catch on after a while because of its great gameplay but often by that time its too late. See examples: Dialed in, JJP POTC, most AP games, the list goes on. The time when a game like Diner could do well has been gone for a long long long time now.

#15310 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Food Truck could lead to some interesting gameplay ideas, plus you can utilize the pinbar but it really needs to be rebranded with a more interesting name. I’m all for unlicensed titles as long as they are done well.
Would I buy Food Truck? Probably not. I love the B movie theme of RAZA more than a concept that sounds(as Ben said) like a mobile game.

Salmonella MULLLTIIIBALLLL!

Quick hit the toilet targets!

#15311 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Blasphemy! How dare you besmirch thy holy name of FOOD TRUCK! Our redeemer, who art in Texas. Hallowed be thy food. Thy orders come. Thy food be done. On streets as it is in restaurants. Amen.
I applaud their effort but all of their pitched titles sound like iPhone games. I mean Food Truck would be great, like Tapper meets Pressure Cooking meets Cooking Mama. Not sure how it fits a pin though....

Well never fear, Food Truck is Ourslers baby. It should still theoretically happen

And I do like foodtruck. Maybe it could play like Gottlieb Counterforce. A bunch of lit inserts coming down at you sorta like Space Invader. Serve up the customers before they get too close like Tapper. Maybe have various combos to make certain meals and finish the combo by hitting the customer.

And I love the idea of having to wipe down the PinBar (tm) like it’s a food counter or having to smack bugs running across it. Otherwise the health inspector comes to ruin you day!

Would people buy this? Meh. Maybe a few hundred tops.

#15312 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Blasphemy! How dare you besmirch thy holy name of FOOD TRUCK! Our redeemer, who art in Texas. Hallowed be thy food. Thy orders come. Thy food be done. On streets as it is in restaurants. Amen.

Stay out of it Ben. I consider your comment to be poetry without a literary license.

#15313 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats mostly untrue. Theme by and large is what sells a game. I don't know why people still have trouble believing this simple fact. Of course, a game can catch on after a while because of its great gameplay but often by that time its too late. See examples: Dialed in, JJP POTC, most AP games, the list goes on. The time when a game like Diner could do well has been gone for a long long long time now.

Dialed In is far from a failure, but the way I worded it wasn't clear. I was using B3K to counter your point. People LOVE the BK games. Those same people (for the most part) didn't like B3K. While yes, theme may be the trigger for people to pay attention, if the gameplay sucks, it's still going to suck regardless of theme. I think Munsters is a good example of this, and even GoTG. Both of those games in my opinion (one theme I love, one game I could care less bout), they both are horrible players (IMO of course). The resale prices reflect this.

Remember, there's a difference between throwing thousands at a machine, or throwing quarters in as you walk by.

#15314 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Salmonella MULLLTIIIBALLLL!
Quick hit the toilet targets!

I’m all in if they announce a trichinosis switch frenzy. LOL

#15315 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If Diner came out now it would be a complete flop and put AP (I can only assume) out of business.
These people have zero idea what they are doing, zero idea what buyers want in 2020, and apparently zero plan to build and deliver these games nobody wants.
Everybody says they want "90s pinball!" but they don't. That's one of the main problems here.

I agree Diner as a theme in 2020 is a stupid idea. In fact, almost all unlicensed themes are terrible ideas these days if you really want sales volume. Not sure it would put "AP" out of business

#15316 3 years ago

As a fun programming project I've actually been porting Tapper to the new Nintendo Game & Watch, making it accurately segmented like an 80s LCD game.

It's not that Food Truck couldn't be a good pin, it's that you won't sell that many. Again this is a LOT of investment, you need 3 pointer grand slam extra point conversion themes, not bunts.

PXL_20201231_003923988 (resized).jpgPXL_20201231_003923988 (resized).jpg
#15317 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey I bore no ill will towards John at the time. Like Dennis I just wanted to "go someplace I could get a game actually made"
But looking back now, all the failed attempts. Dude is a hack fraud. And make no mistake he's running the show.

John isn’t running shit. Hack? Sure

You like talking a lot of shit Ben for a guy that has AMH as his resume and #2 quite a ways off! Lol

You better f ing kill it with your game

#15318 3 years ago

As for Food Truck, the people I know here that have seen it and played say we are gonna be surprised and want one.

#15319 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for Food Truck, the people I know here that have seen it and played say we are gonna be surprised and want one.

I call BS. No one has seen or played Food Truck. The only pins they have are 2 prototype RAZA's.

#15320 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

And Yukon Yeti is Whitewater 2. Next!

#15321 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

People I know that have seen Food Truck and played it say we are gonna be surprised and want one.

Quoted from pinlink:

I call BS. No one has seen or played Food Truck.

Don't be so quick to judge. Iceman knows the night shift janitor crew at DR, who play the games after hours.

#15322 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Don't be so quick to judge. Iceman knows the night shift janitor crew at DR, who play the games after hours.

Even if there was a working Food Truck game (there isn't), you think it would be fun to play at this point?

They can't even get ONE game finished in this many years lol. Although knowing JPOP, they probably are working on games 2-10 before completing the first one.

#15323 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Lol. Yeah it’s not the janitor.

#15324 3 years ago

It's called "Octo Manufacturing" because they'd sell exactly 8 Food Truck games.

#15325 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's called "Octo Manufacturing" because they'd sell exactly 8 Food Truck games.

Wanna bet it outsells AMH?

#15326 3 years ago

So, did Deeproot hire any mechanical engineers yet?

#15327 3 years ago

Hell, did they hire any line workers?

#15328 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

And a solid movie starting Jason Statham and Dwight K Schrute.

I think we may not share the same definition of "solid movie," but it sure was entertaining.

#15329 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wanna bet it outsells AMH?

Ok I would be in on a FT with that dare.

#15330 3 years ago

Food Truck would be a totally great theme, for the P3 platform. If someone started it on today, betting we would see it as a P3 game before a Deeproot one.

#15331 3 years ago

Man, this thread is like a giant toilet. Not...(well, yet anyway) because deeproot has failed, bankrupted, and produced NADA, but there are so many drive-by shitters that stroll through to page after page just dump and dunk. Doesn't that get old after awhile? Seemingly, it doesn't...

Food Truck isn't the most creative name, but I could imagine it might be an enjoyable theme. The art they showed looked pretty decent, and Barry Oursler created some fantastic games ages ago.

I know only known themes sell, but all of my favorite games, sans TAF, were mostly non licensed games in the 90's. Not that I necessarily want Al's Garage Band over a good usage of the Zep license though...

(And ducking and preparing for more turdfests, because god forbid any ounce of positivity might exist in this discussion.)

#15332 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So, did Deeproot hire any mechanical engineers yet?

come on.. obviously they have some Just not enough to go around obviously based on DN's comments.

They sure as hell better have food truck prototyped and flipping if they are limiting RAZA to just a few months production. That means Food Truck basically needs to be done now.. and entering pre-production phases else they will fall into the same trap JJP/HWP did. Huge dips inbetween games where they have nothing to build, and hence nothing to sell... and hence, back to no/little money coming in to pay the ongoing bills.

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt with RAZA build... if Game #2 isn't popping from the oven soon that spells even more prolonged problems. When you limit sales yourself.. you avoid the problem of lagging production demand by just nuking it entirely

#15333 3 years ago

This sounds like a great theme for a pin.

#15334 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This sounds like a great theme for a pin.

Well....Barry did design Junkyard!

#15335 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Do we need another break??
[quoted image]

Motorboat break time..

#15336 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Ben, I would like to back the thoughts of Yelobird. I also can’t wait to see what you do in the future and I expect a future game of yours will deliver the world under glass we all would love to see.

If BH’s future game fails in some way or shape we can count on Pinside pitchfork & torches as this is what we do. Tough industry to Root for!

#15337 3 years ago

Dennis Nordman article - question:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/01/04/dennis-nordman-joins-american-pinball/

What does this mean in the article.....

“Dennis will also finish releasing in-progress games in the future that he’s been working on under contract with other manufacturers.”

#15338 3 years ago

No one has seen Food truck - how can you be for OR against it at this point?

#15339 3 years ago

Has anybody been notified of a ship date for RAZA yet?

#15340 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Dennis Nordman article - question:
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/01/04/dennis-nordman-joins-american-pinball/
What does this mean in the article.....
“Dennis will also finish releasing in-progress games in the future that he’s been working on under contract with other manufacturers.”

I'm guessing deeproot stuff. Same statement happened with Elvira.

#15341 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I thought it was because it dooms the parties to welfare, like Octomom...

#15342 3 years ago

Food truck is designed for market expansion with an xtra for 10k for collectors and fans. It’s for the investors that don’t know anything about pinball to follow the dream/myth „every home needs a deeproot pinball“.

#15343 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Has anybody been notified of a ship date for RAZA yet?

The only official statement is that you can pass on the deposit to your children as part of your estate.

#15344 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Food truck is designed for market expansion with an xtra for 10k for collectors and fans. It’s for the investors that don’t know anything about pinball to follow the dream/myth „every home needs a deeproot pinball“.

Get real dude - have you seen it - dumb statement. Do you make this statement about every pinball machine?

Let’s see and play New pinball machines first - then judge.

#15345 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I would be in on a FT with that dare.

Well that’s an easy bet to take if they make FT and Pinside is correct that they only made 150 AMH games.

#15347 3 years ago

Well Food Truck has been confirmed as Deeproots next title and they will have to release images fairly soon and promote it to keep the line moving.

#15348 3 years ago

Food Truck = Oktoberfest. Same/same. I think between Diner and Oktoberfest we have enough Food and Drink themed games to last a few decades to come.

How successful was Oktoberfest again?

#15349 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well Food Truck has been confirmed as Deeproots next title and they will have to release images fairly soon and promote it to keep the line moving.

Agree - then we can examine good or bad shit about it.

#15350 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Food Truck = Oktoberfest. Same/same. I think between Diner and Oktoberfest we have enough Food and Drink themed games to last a few decades to come.
How successful was Oktoberfest again?

More Ocktoberfest’s made then AMH.
Neither big runners but have their following.

Give me 1 more unique game like Oktoberfest or Food Truck .... than the 100th music pinball. Only 4 of those music pins in the top 40 pinball rankings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/307?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.