Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

339 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rdoyle1978. You are on page 2 of 2.
#17648 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What’s really funny about this is - a trademark has to be “in use” to be issued.
As in, a company must have a product in the public domain that uses this trademark. I’m going to assume that it was abandoned based on a lack of a product using this TM in the public domain.

You also have to file with some sort of proof (we use streaming links, our DPK, digital flyers, and websites showing bookings), so they might still have just chosen to let it lapse

2 months later
#18956 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Talk about being rich....look what I brought home today!
[quoted image]

Good lord! Ted I have a Montecristo No. 2 with your name on it at the next Monster Bash. (2022?!)

#19118 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I completely forgot about the “5 Days of Deeproot”!

Did that ever happen?

2 weeks later
#19516 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:Here's a PDF advertising the building they're in. There's a floor plan that is a bit blurry but I can make out a couple showers (I assume next to the gym)
Honestly they might have as many toilets as employees. It says 27 toilets and 9 urinals. No mention of the showers
https://www.cbre.us/resources/fileassets/US-SMPL-55014/652f6d97/cf6c0e11-f6cf-490c-ada0-aee4be3eba3e.pdf

Does this mean they are getting out of the lease? Why would CBRE be advertising the space?

Also for you office real estate moguls: what does “large floor plates” mean?

#19519 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

CBRE is advertising the building for sale to a new landlord, not looking for a new tenant.
"Floor Plates" seems to be real estate language for separate, or potentially separate, office spaces within a multi-tenant building.

Got it, interesting ! Thanks

1 week later
#20109 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:But this is a conclusion they could have reached long before they actually opened orders for RAZA. They knew they wouldn't get huge amounts of new orders - they intentionally used a FOMO model to try to front load what they could get. With so many pies in the oven, they could have made the call they needed #2 sooner to generate revenue and made the shift needed to rush #2. This mindset could have been happening during the lockdown of late summer. That's almost 10 months ago... for projects they were in the oven for YEARS.
That pivot point should have been long ago. No way DP still had the fantasy of 'thousands' of sales after their soft-reveals. RM had that fantasy when everything was JPOP visions.. but if he still thought that in 2019 after revealing the game... I have no words.

You guys are theorizing on the idea that this entire thing was intended to produce a result in the first place. There's no way anyone at DR expected this to make money. It's a money dump for whatever else DR has going on on the "straight" side of things.

#20197 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I seriously doubt they're not paying people right now if they had recent cash infusion from PPP. A single person complaining about that would jeopardize their ppp loan forgiveness.

PPP loan payments are business expenses, so it’s win-win. Only the forgiveness is in jeopardy, so if that wasn’t in the plan, or there is a plan B, they can just write it off.

#20219 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Does PPP cover a business who can not pay their employees because of COVID induced parts shortage? (which results in line layoffs)
Don't you have to retain all employees at the end of the period to be eligible for forgiveness?
Is the location of said business considered when granting the loan, ie Texas (barely closed) vs CA? (barely open)

PPP bakes all of those assumptions in. Not location specific, worst case scenario you can’t get customers / product / materials - that is exactly the scenario the PPP loan is supposed to cover. Loan forgiveness may come into question if you are not paying your people, as that is specifically what the loan is supposed to be for.

#20220 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What is there of value to buy?

I heard they have a couple machines in the break room

#20275 2 years ago

Well, I can't unsee that. RIP my eyes.

#20588 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe there are no cars in the lot because he's using unconventional employment options.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

BOY!

#20770 2 years ago

Man I know there are no updates, but think this thread has broken the Pinside record for people making everything about themselves!

#20772 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RAZA was at one point, quite literally "about me".

LOL you got me with that one. Wait.. is there artwork?!!

#20784 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh yeah. It's probably on Google. "Ben Heck Zombie Adventureland" or BHZA in Pin Lingo
Wasn't my idea BTW. John is like "you're popular with gamers this will draw in a younger market!" I'm thinking "Oh yeah a 36 year old balding ginger man just what everyone wants. Whatever"
But it is true I go WAY back with the gaming crowd. To really stroke my own pole Jeremy was a fan of my work and that's part of the reason he was excited to help.
But John works at a snails pace and didn't take any feedback... From the person the game is about! So when Charlie said he'd make AMH I was like SEE YA JOHN!
"You're making a big mistake Ben".... Hahahahahahha! What an idiot.
Oh and John never created a legal agreement for the game, royalties or use of likeness. Which was really dumb because I was working for Premier Farnell at the time who also were using me as a brand ambassador so John could have gotten himself in hot water very easily. It's one of the many reasons I'm pissed he involved me in it.
In addendum, I actually think John has some mental deficiencies. Not like "he's an idiot" I mean actual cognitive impairment.

That looks amazing! And incredibly stupid for the reasons you mention

#20785 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I still think BHZA made the most sense. A mad scientist has created a Zombie army horde at his secret lair of an abandoned amusement park. That's a lot easier to explain than whatever it is now.

I have to agree that does sound like a much more interesting story than what was (never) produced

#20787 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What's so hard to follow about a bustling amusement park at an old nuclear reactor site that was built on ancient Native American burial grounds being the crash site of alien invaders who use xenon gas to raise an army of the dead while a different alien warrior princess and an alien human cyborg team up with the player to help save the earth? Also Dracula

I just did a spit take IRL. My poor monitor

#20878 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I feel that Deeproot is going to handle this the same way that Milton was handled in Office Space. In summary, they will provide no update, no news, no nothing. Eventually everybody will find out on their own little by little. Robert will stay silent to the end and DR employees and customers will be out $$$ with no recourse.

So the question remains: who will be the one to take away Robert’s Swingline? And will he set the building on fire.

#20883 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Zombie startups can go on years or even decades past their expiration date. LLCs rarely die entirely if there is any hope of investors extracting any asset out of it for not burning it to the ground. If DR does go down, the irony of RAZA being what did them in would be palpable.

Additionally, I’m sure Robert has been smart enough to set up a Rabbi’s Trust for himself so he can plow tax-free money into that. This requires the LLC continue to exist

#20992 2 years ago

All part of the plan…

#21032 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

>A legal matter affecting RAZA arose around a month ago
>The back-and-forth has taken much, much longer than we expected.
he said it just came up a month ago and he’s surprised it isn’t resolved yet?
What sort of lawyer isn’t familiar with how slow this stuff is…
Then again I guess it matches Robert’s history of expecting things to be done in a fraction of the time it actually takes to do anything

Probably indicates this is a set up for the final death blow. Funny now there is still the assumption everyone is a big moron and will buy into all this. Better Call Saul!

#21038 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

RM: "Here's an update as to why I haven't given you an update."
This could have easily been sent out weeks ago. What's the point of waiting to say this? Avoiding the inevitable backlash I assume. So instead of having an update about "no progress has been made", RM chooses "here's a late update about no progress being made", thus compounding the issue.
More Failed Promises.
Late Update Littered With Excuses.
No Timeline On Production.
I feel like the only thing that could save RM is to show humility. "I was wrong, pinball IS hard. Here are a list of hurdles I've yet to overcome *makes list*. I don't have a timeline but I will post pics of progress to keep you in the loop." It'd be like hitting the reset button and getting some people back on your side.

I’d love to hear what the investors think of this plan. They are probably the ones suing him

#21330 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:RM has also removed his profile from LinkedIn.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-mueller-43b5b113
This one is just about over, folks.

Whoa! That’s a bit of a major move. Does he still have a Deeproot investments profile (or whatever the insurance company is called )

#22016 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have no skin in this game, but I present Ozzy Paws-bourne, Prince of Barkness. He came back from the vet and got a cat hug from Loki.
Neither of them like Deeproot.[quoted image]

“Prince of Barkness” must be the most awesome name I’ve ever heard.

#22089 2 years ago

Hey guys, will JPop still come to my house to finish building the game?

#22092 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How close is your nearest coffee shop? There's a sweet spot of being close enough to one to attract him to the area, but if it's too close he'll stray. Either way it won't be built...but if you play your cards right, he'll clog your toilet after a few too many cups.

I think that’s the LE model only

#22099 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When deeproot is a smoldering ruin and Robert is led off by the SEC, I'll share my TRUE opinions on the ulterior motives behind THAT one.

OMG the mind reels

#22100 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Ballsy if Cary to divulge that info, especially naming someone and disclosing their order information. Robert loves to swing his deformed legal dick all over the place.

Well now I’ve got THAT image in my head.

#22383 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's still a dumb idea for a game. And ultimately John just wanted to make a carnival game, the zombies were a Trojan horse.

I’m starting to feel like John only makes games that have to do with the circus or magic…

HAHA wait, I said “John MAKES games… “ LOL

#22456 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can envision someone standing in the parking lot holding a cardboard sign.

Speaking of parking lots.. what's the current situation today?

#22600 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still here but I was asked to stop posting until there is a official announcements. So your worst nightmare maybe coming for some or not. All I can say is that I continue to talk pinball manufacturing with those that ask.

You “were asked”?!

#22883 2 years ago

I for one, am shocked.

#22884 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The owner is alleged to be an insurance scammer, isn’t he ? This is just a place for him to park losses for tax avoidance. No machine will ever come out of that office

I swore I’d never do this but I guess I failed. 3 years ago

#23018 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations for you.
It was NOT a complete and utter scam from the beginning.

Based on the “guaranteed return”-ish language put into the prospectus, the SEC will disagree

#23352 2 years ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

That and when it comes down to it they will liquidate all assets/tech to compensate investors. I’m sure there was some good developed by deeproot other companies might want to pick up.

Some good …what? It doesn’t seem like they ever made anything except 3 Pinbars

#23527 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think your bewildered "how could this happen?" explanation is probably pretty much how it happened.
You can only get done as much as you're allowed to get done. Designers were allowed to design. Animators were allowed to animate. No one was allowed or able to actually build anything.
Throw in very expensive rents and a micromanaging + absentee boss whose plans change like the wind on a whim, who constantly makes impossible promises the staff are left to make come true, and who has his hand in the kitty (it always comes back to arrested development), and it's hard for me to imagine how they would accomplish much of anything.

There’s always money in the banana stand.

#23793 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Can you imagine the level of ruin that would have occurred if he managed to acquire a functioning pinball company?

Wasn't there also some level of attempted engagement with Multimorphic? I think that got shut down fast

#24127 2 years ago
Quoted from IMI4tth3w:

I would say the electronic control system in a deeproot machine more closely resembles Stern than Multimorphic. But it is indeed unique. Building your own from scratch electronic control system for a pinball machine is not easy.
Source: I designed most of it.
Edit: I’ve been out of deeproot for quite a while now. We’ll have story time soon pinside I promise

Ooooh! I’m more interested in the background of the control system you designed, but the full story will out I’m sure!

#24398 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Wish you were here

It does look like WYWH! that's from a video called "California" by a band Wax from the 90s

#24901 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:A foam core layout that cost millions to build
[quoted image]

right where it belongs

#25073 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

All I chose to say is: For being a lawyer...Robert sucks at drafting up employment agreements that protect his actual interests. And yes this is an answer to your question.

Well that made me laugh out loud inappropriately in the middle of a meeting

#25097 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Relevant section:

THAT is bullshit. Whoever did that is demonstrably wrong, and coward at that. TWIP isn't investigative journalism. You don't do that shit to someone else trying to help the hobby. Whoever did that, come at me next. Coward. Coward.

#25287 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hey John - disagree with a fair quantity of content you have posted in regards to the generality of this mess, but do wish you luck in retirement. Uphill situation from what you describe - but wish you all the best. Good luck Sir - really.

Seconded.

#25376 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically the term "game journalist" is an oxymoron. Almost all (all?) of them fail the actual journalist code of ethics. I have personal experience with many of their transgressions over the years, even the ones publicly crusading for "ethics" in game journalism. It a very dirty, corrupt job.

I went to ACTUAL school for journalism. Ethics is pounded into your head for 2+ straight years, plus there is a sermon at every local newspaper job you work. It is A Big Deal. Violating it is a Huge Deal in the community - people know for years and your career can be dramatically jeopardized.

Fun fact: almost none of the people on cable TV that masquerade as "journalists" actually are. Therefore ...ethics, what ethics? This still pisses me off.

#25474 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And then the internet happened...
Revenue turned to clicks and trying to be shared... and everyone is nameless articles online while individuals try to build a 'brand' and online personalities rather than a reputation for strong journalism.
It's dead jim...

It’s not, but yeah - internet journalism is indeed an oxymoron. The good writers are still in print, but boy good luck making a living wage.

#25475 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Equally, it's impossible to scroll through a single Pinside page without encountering maddening grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Typos and stream of consciousness posts are certainly understandable.
However, the most common unforgivable errors seem to be:
1) using "could of" and "would of" which are both nonsensical. The correct phrase is, of course, could HAVE and would HAVE;
2) incorrectly writing "etcetera" as "ect." The correct abbreviation is, of course, "etc." Further, one "etc." suffices. Multiples are redundant;
3) misuse of "your" when "you're" is meant, the latter of which means, of course, "you are." This is clearly the number 1 error;
4) misuse of "it's" to designate the possessive meaning when, of course, "it's" means "it is." To convey possession,
there is NO apostrophe in "its." (e.g. The deeproot company is a failed venture. Its assets have been depleted.)
Perhaps the most disheartening lesson is that these mistakes are repeated by the same folks even after a correction is noted by a fellow Pinsider. The educational collapse (in STEM as well) is evidently just as pervasive in Canada as in America. The western hemisphere is badly losing the global literacy race. It's embarrassing.

And since you’re doing this, you should know that the long form of “etc.” is et cetera. 2 words.

#25478 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Both the 1 word (etcetera) and 2 word (et cetera) forms of the Latin term are correct.

Both forms are -Accepted-. This is not the same as “correct”. You may also write “etc” without the period, which is accepted but also not correct, as it does not properly denote the term as an abbreviation.

“Et” means “and” in Latin. “Cetera” means “the other things…” hence, “Et cetera”: “and, the other things”.

“Etcetera” in Latin means nothing whatsoever. We have come to accept it as meaning the same as “Et cetera” because people have become complacent.

Anyway, I’m just busting your balls

#25533 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:Gerry could smell the B.S. from a mile away!

Gerry had a huge amount of class; I doubt he would ever reveal specifically what, but this ^^^ is my bet as well

#25662 2 years ago

The dictionary and grammar evolve over time. Yes, it's annoying For example, we've accepted 'inflammable' and 'flammable' as being synonyms for quite some time now.

#25717 2 years ago

I know this thread has become a desert until we come up with more SEC jokes, but maybe let's cool it on the politics, we don't need that here.

#25786 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see it was updated September 13, 2021 but the site says “Date Filed: Jan. 14, 2020”. I wonder what that means?

The original lawsuit filing date was Jan 2020. It’s been delayed a number of times since

#25863 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I thought something similar with Theranos. They hired an army of engineers and scientists to build an impossible "Star Trek Medical Device" conjured up on a napkin by a college dropout. Nobody at any time said "This isn't possible"???

That's not startup mentality. Nobody has ever done MOST of what these companies out in california are doing. It's not that it's impossible, it's that it may take 500 years for it to be possible! But they keep trying. Theranos situation was that they got in way too far pretending it was working, and eventually were just flat out lying so they could keep the bucks rolling in.

#25968 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Did the Utah studio ever "make" money? Like, was there a single client, or was it a floor full of artists making pinball animations and things for projects with no customer?

Paging Scandell

#26011 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

This is toxoplasmosis in your retina. You may want to reconsider keeping a cat in your house.
[quoted image]

Subtle

#26118 2 years ago

Holy crap. Those 2 posts represent tens of millions of dollars of waste. And no product. How dumb were the investors ?! Was there no progress reporting or oversight ?

#26187 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

No disagreement here that his investors were probably not the most intelligent/cautious/discerning. It might lessen the legal implications of what he did to some extent (hope not), but obviously we can all agree he's still a terrible person regardless of the law.
Murderers aren't considered "less murderous" when they pick easy targets. Dipshit con-artists shouldn't be "less con-artistic" when they do the same.

Let's all just agree that try as we might, the justice system isn't *actually* set up to be fair

#26304 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's some gold in the accountant notes
a. payments totaling $87,057 made between February 1, 2016 and February 5, 2019 to St. Mary’s Hall, a private school in San Antonio, Texas attended by Mr. Mueller’s child;
b. payments totaling $54,977 made between April 4, 2016 and March 4, 2019 to Disney Cruise Lines;
c. payments totaling $11,486 made between February 27, 2017 and March 7, 2019, to Princess Cruises;
d. payments totaling $23,100 made on January 12, 2017 and August 10, 2018 to Tabora Gallery LLC, an art gallery in Hawaii;
e. payments totaling $70,298 made between December 22, 2017 and January 9, 2019 to physician Dr. Spencer Hardenbrook, MD;
f. payment of $6,500 on December 12, 2017 to Rebecca Carrillo, an attorney who represented Mr. Mueller in his second divorce proceeding;
g. payments totaling $9,050 made on December 15, 2018 and January 12, 2019 to James R. Van Winkle of Americus Diamond, a jeweler in San Antonio, Texas;
h. $34,012 paid on March 8, 2019 to Lux Catering and Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding catering;
i. payments totaling $17,538 made between January 1, 2019 and March 3, 2019 to Michelle Leo Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding planning; and
j. payments totaling $85,500 made on April 14, 2016, October 13, 2016, and April 18, 2017 to Link2Gov Corp for personal income tax payments.
Dude loves cruises as much as getting married

I don't really know much about cruises - do they really cost $54 THOUSAND dollars!? That seems insane.

#26331 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I didn't see it when I looked at his photos at first, but yeah, Mr. Mueller could have gotten a boob job.

seems like he might have been more in the market for a bro… I mean Manssiere!

#26332 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Tesla is trying to catch up to John Deere in the fight against Right To Repair. It's part of the reason they stick fucking microchips in every cranny of a car these days - locks you in to THEIR part. (using copyrighted code as the gotcha) It's like a Stern Node board!
Here's a YouTube channel of a guy who builds Teslas from wrecks and has to deal with this stuff: https://youtube.com/c/RichRebuilds
The great coming irony is we will help the planet with electric cars but lower income people will be costed out of owning them.

Will work out great for the bourgeoisie for a few years until the unwashed masses come for them. How’d that work out in France back then?

#26372 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

It was more incompetence than intentional scam . Intent matters to me in the final judgement - many will disagree . That’s okay .

No way was this just incompetence.

2 weeks later
#26617 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Hat tip to yet another former deeproot employee for the heads up!
[quoted image]
Feels like character witnesses may be in short supply...
https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/San-Antonio-investment-adviser-Mueller-fraud-16563274.php

Poetic irony that they used a JD photo of DeadWorld in that article

#26629 2 years ago

That's an excellent point. I wonder if the deeproot logo is still has a valid trademark. Could you sell Deeproot World mods for Judge Dredd in lieu of Deadworld?

LOL!

#26737 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:I don't recall reading about the "Chinese coronavirus" on deeprootpinball.com, so maybe Bobby actually accepted some feedback on that one. No indication if anyone followed through on the request to cough on him so he'd get covid. I suppose it doesn't matter since "the virus pandemic is mild to non-existent for 99% of people."

Wow. Vaguely racist rantings and delusions. Yet another thing that didn't' age well...

#26805 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder what the new wife who was sold a life of cruises, Hawaii condos, and who knows what else thinks of the sudden drop to subsistence living.
I'm sure those are some good times in that household.

And who is pregnant. What am Unbelievable disaster of a man. Doesn’t he already have some kids? Too bad the other wives couldn’t have told her up front

#26914 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If that's true, that's...just completely incompetent

Fixed that for you

#26980 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That and Pinball Life.

And multimorphic

#26994 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There was always something really off putting about his demand of "faith" asked of the zidware customers. To sign a legal document before anything was shown. And the deadline to SIGN was 2018. The 2019 deadline was because he missed his release window and had to start honoring his agreements about potential cash payouts, but again he incentivized everyone to stay in, and few took the cash.

What was the point of all of it? I still don’t understand the motivation - was it just to avoid future lawsuits because of JPop’s involvement? Or was it a way to buy loyalty up front?

#27041 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Don't get too excited about the domain registration expiring on 11/19/21. It goes into a 60 day hold period before going up for auction. Not sure how long the auction period is but if it got any amount of traffic at all it's likely to be bought by a speculator hoping the original owner will pay big bucks to get it back. In the meantime it will host ads.

What happens when a domain expires is totally up to the registrant - seeing as this is GoDaddy, they state they will "try" and let you auto-renew for up to 19 days after expiration, after which it goes into an auction after 26 days (no idea what happens in the intervening 7 days). Here's what really happens: the auto-renew will mysteriously not work for technical reasons, the domain goes up for auction, and it is sold! to an "undisclosed buyer". Surprise! The undisclosed buyer is GoDaddy, who will graciously re-sell your own domain back to you for a 1000% markup.

#27078 2 years ago

The stupidity of the idea to get cheap labor to assemble these pre-built sub-assemblies can not be ignored. This means Elon Mueller was willing to pay low-wage labor to put together these pre-built assemblies ON TOP OF having to pay actual skilled workers who knew how to put together the sub-assemblies in the first place. Just the whole thing. It is shocking to me that someone who appeared to have his act together could make SO much money, and be so unbelievably stupid in so many areas.

#27085 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Part of good engineering is designing things that DON'T required highly skilled labor to assemble them. The lower the skill level required the larger your potential labor force and the less you have to pay them.
It's not that hard to assemble a pinball machine. It takes good documentation and some mechanical aptitude. I could have most people productive on assembly the first day they show up for work.
The challenging part is doing it at scale. Optimizing everything about your operation. That optimization determines your build cost long term.

Totally agree - it would seem they failed at this too. The Deeproot way seems to be to add unnecessary steps which would appear to save time on the surface, but ultimately cost double due to the multiple roles required. I guess you get some savings in being able to create the sub-assemblies asynchronously from the actual assembly. But still, does it offset the extra cost?

#27086 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

He didn’t make money, he stole money. He lied to retirees telling them they were investing in safe life insurance policies and instead lined his pockets blew the rest pretending to be an executive.

I was referring to his existing insurance business - didn't he have that going for a decade or so prior to this fiasco?

#27137 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Virtual reality assembly is not as silly as it sounds and quite a few manufactures use it for manufacturing / repairs ie BMW etc..
But they do it the right way not the deeproot way

Virtual reality? Or did you mean Augmented ?

3 weeks later
#27320 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's a novel idea--forget about lifting the playfield up. That's a thing of the past. It will have bomb bay doors on the bottom of the cab instead.

Whole cab on a gimble so it can be rotated upwards

#27333 2 years ago

"I love the Power Glove... it's so... Awesome"

#27338 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have nothing to add about DR, but c’mon people, let’s not misquote The Wizard!
“I love the Powerglove. It’s so bad.”

Hahaha my mistake

#27339 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

"Just keep your Power Gloves off her pal"
I had one. Thing was useless, but I wore it a lot around the house.

There was also the U-Force, which unbelievably was even LESS useful

#27351 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

the scene just before this, he's driving "rad mobile" which wouldn't actually work like a steering wheel like he's showing
This guy turned a power glove into something useful, a stop animation tool

“rad racer”! Wait what do you mean? That scene is one of the only parts that’s accurate.

#27370 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Where a separate civil suit is designed to add or recoup an asset to the benefit of the debtor in bankruptcy, the bankruptcy court will routinely lift the automatic stay and appoint the separate attorney as special counsel to pursue the asset.
In contrast, civil suits designed to deplete the bankrupt entity will not be allowed and the bankruptcy court will not lift the automatic stay.

So how do we know which one this situation is?

#27375 2 years ago

So there's absolutely nothing left. He should be in jail.

Serious question for attorneys: if a defendant represents him/herself in the proceedings, can they charge a fee to themselves for this service ? It would seem courts would be on to this type of thing.

#27379 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Blueberry can fill you in on that I think. Not much substance there. Regarding the document above, it is of note that Robert/Deeproot did send the majority of the expensive workstations and render farm nodes to a different location before the shiz hit the fan. Those had a value of upwards of 100k.

“A different location?” Like his living room?

#27392 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

In 99% of the circumstances, a pro se litigant who holds a license to practice law cannot recoup fees representing the value of services rendered to himself/herself.
In the exceptional case where a law firm defends itself from a frivolous suit, a court in NJ may award the value of such services to the aggrieved party.

I figured as much. thank you!

1 week later
#27602 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:I'd expect Robert to continue kicking the can down the road until February 13, 2022 at the earliest- since the motion allowing him to use his stolen money to pay living expenses and criminal defense attorneys expires on that date. At which point, expect him to file a motion asking the court for an extension, if there's any left. Rinse and repeat until it's all gone.

I'm sure you're right. Straight out of the Roy Cohn playbook.

3 months later
#29922 2 years ago

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/barry-oursler-gofundme-please-consider-a-donation/
Barry Ousler had to delay cancer treatments after losing health insurance during the Deeproot disaster.
"Barry passed away on February 21st, 2022. Kathy shared while in the midst of battling cancer in 2021, Barry abruptly lost his income and his health insurance after the Deeproot disaster. The medical bills were no longer covered and his medicare wouldn’t go into affect until February 1st. They put off as much treatment as they could until after February 1st, but the family still endured hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical bills.
On top of the grief of losing a husband, this is an overwhelming amount of debt."
So Robert Mueller and his fraud literally contributed to ending lives.

That is fucked.

2 months later
#31232 1 year ago

Yeah, that's a fail. Is it "Dino" like from the Flintstones? Dino Bravo? Or "dino" like "dinosaur"?

#31243 1 year ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Finished, got nothing. Used this word list here: https://www.wordgamedictionary.com/english-word-list/
BTW - dino playing children's game: Jurassic Park? Jurassic is 8 letters. In plain sight.

Great guess! If that’s not the answer, it should be

#31253 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Steganography. I uploaded puzzle.jpg to https://aperisolve.fr/ with a blank password. It didn't find anything, but it did report "pinside" in the "common passwords" field. Perhaps this is a password used by someone else's (the author?) previous attempt? Anyway, I tried it again with "pinside" as the password, and got the following steghide output:

Ah, "Think dino playing a children's game" ==> "Stegosaurus playing hide and seek" => "steghide"

Good lord.

#31308 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I believe I've cracked the code. It says “Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine.”

Wow, that’s a deep cut!

#31323 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

This is quickly going from a fun diversion into "OG King's Quest Rumplestiltskin riddle" territory.

IYKYK, that’s a sick burn.

#31337 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

The 6th clue said it was only a 20 letter hidden URL:
"Twenty words to find, twenty characters in the hidden url. Coincidence? Certainly not. You have everything you need, no hacking necessary."

So, what, it's an acrostic?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
339 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rdoyle1978. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/2?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.