Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 672.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why does everyone want to see Dennis Nordman's tits?

I guess you haven't seen them yet! Worth it!

#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Haha when I put "tits" on my post I meant for it to mean "bad ass" but it lead to a conversation about titties

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalBalls:

Haha when I put "tits" on my post I meant for it to mean "bad ass" but it lead to a conversation about titties

Just be glad they don't notice your screen name has the word balls in it.

#1404 5 years ago
#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just be glad they don't notice your screen name has the word balls in it.

Pun intended.

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Next time you see him, give him a big hug. You'll understand why.

Of course you'll need a stool to stand on.

LTG : )

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Of course you'll need a stool to stand on.

Heh heh heh heh heh...you said stool....

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Heh heh heh heh heh...you said stool...

Yes. Careless of me.

I also forgot Mr68 has probably only seen Dennis' belt buckle.

#1409 5 years ago

What exactly was he doing if Dennis's belt buckle was at eye level?

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

What exactly was he doing if Dennis's belt buckle was at eye level?

Mr68 is short. Dennis is tall.

Mr68 wasn't doing anything.

#1411 5 years ago

Tits are overrated, give me ass any day!

e051255395e2da3f223148ac947e0df0 (resized).jpge051255395e2da3f223148ac947e0df0 (resized).jpg
#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mr68 is short. Dennis is tall.
Mr68 wasn't doing anything.

I don't think u got the hidden meaning.

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I don't think u got the hidden meaning.

Yeah, right.

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Tits are overrated, give me ass any day!

1 week later
#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was coming home from the Medical Center here in SA, visiting a friend in really bad shape, and decided to swing by Deep Root on the way home.
It's a huge facility in the SA business park that has been around for decades. It has to be a massive amount of overhead to cover. Not sure how many square ft. but its quite large like i said. Major cash burn with labor included.
Not a car in the parking lot on a Saturday.
It's definitely all in with these guys.

Can you elaborate on this?

P.s. super annoyed a bunch of people decided to derail an important thread and turn it into their general pinball chat. Wish it was modded. Took me forever rooting through the crap to find a relevant post about deeproot.

#1416 5 years ago

Meh, this guy seems like another pied piper to me.

11A8D9FE-EB5D-46D1-8117-0F0A0BAE3F01 (resized).png11A8D9FE-EB5D-46D1-8117-0F0A0BAE3F01 (resized).png
#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

[quoted image]

I see no flute.

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Troll Spray (resized).jpgTroll Spray (resized).jpg

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

[quoted image]

funny, in back-to-back posts you first complain about another pinsider's post turning the thread into a "general pinball thread" when it actually has some real information about the actual facility itself - and you follow it up with a complete troll know-it-all-post. Hey, is there an achievement for that?!

#1420 5 years ago

How does Robert Mueller have time to run a pinball manufacturing company and also head up a Russian collusion investigation?

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

funny, in back-to-back posts you first complain about another pinsider's post turning the thread into a "general pinball thread" when it actually has some real information about the actual facility itself - and you follow it up with a complete troll know-it-all-post. Hey, is there an achievement for that?!

No I’m actually interested in icemans post you misunderstood me. I’m annoyed at all the people not talking about deeproot in the deeproot thread.

#1422 5 years ago

And how is posting relevant info about deeproot a troll post? Actually never mind, I don’t want to have a 10 post debate of you defending that comment, this thread has been derailed enough. Just want iceman to tell us his impressions after seeing the facility.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

No I’m actually interested in icemans post you misunderstood me. I’m annoyed at all the people not talking about deeproot in the deeproot thread.

Aah, copy that. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

And how is posting relevant info about deeproot a troll post? Actually never mind, I don’t want to have a 10 post debate of you defending that comment, this thread has been derailed enough. Just want iceman to tell us his impressions after seeing the facility.

Since when is "This seems like ****" relevant Info?

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since when is "This seems like ****" relevant Info?

Well first off because I posted the entire business structure of Mr. Mueller and deeproot, which was the basis for my opinion and something other people could review and make their own judgments and/or start looking into themselves.

Since the people commenting seem like they didn’t bother looking at it or didn’t understand it, two things are evident; Mr. Mueller and the deeproot web page have been making a lot of money by talking people into giving it to him for investment. He also has a corporate structure that would facilitate a “shell game” if that is what he chose to do. Maybe nothing is offside, maybe it is, but it makes me nervous that this much stuff has popped up since 2013 and in 2014 he started targeting the most dicey project in pinball, the Jpop stuff. At that time deeproot had just become incorporated, they had no proven track record before engaging a potential disaster. Also for a company/man that manages a ton of money it is very hard to get solid information on them.

If somebody could dig a little deeper and get a real idea of Mr. Mueller’s background and track record I would be happy to have my fears allayed. A lot of people agree his boasts so far seem completely off the wall unbelievable.

#1426 5 years ago

What do you have to fear? have you given him money? has he asked for money? do you think all those people are working for him for no money? if he makes machines and we can buy them great, if he doesn't oh well.

#1427 5 years ago

Edit- beat me to it! ^^^^

Quoted from YKpinballer:

If somebody could dig a little deeper and get a real idea of Mr. Mueller’s background and track record I would be happy to have my fears allayed.

What are you fearing? Are you one of the investors in their pinball division, and were you not told the money you invested would be used for pinball development?

#1428 5 years ago

Not to mention everybody on pinside knows that having anything at all to do with Jpop should stink to high heaven; he is a proven schemer, shyster, liar and thief.

Quoted from o-din:

What are you fearing?

I don't know yet. What do you have against more information?

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

What do you have against more information?

Nothing. But I don't pry into other people's business, if they don't want to tell me more. If I was considering being an investor, I would take what info was out there and try to make an educated decision from that.

Quoted from o-din:

https://deeprootfunds.com

"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:”without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

See this doesn’t seem to jive with what they are doing in pinball IMHO

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

See this doesn’t seem to jive with what they are doing in pinball IMHO

Yes, apparently their pinball investors are feeling more confident now than when it was first offered, like some of the other funds they presented with no takers.

More along the lines of the the insurance funds they have sold in the last couple years, which apparently are doing pretty well. There are articles written about all of this.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/08/16/san-antonio-financial-adviser-raises-15m-from.html

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Looks like you have to subscribe to read this, what does it say?

No subscription necessary. You just need to click stop loading the page before it goes into subscription mode and deletes most of the text, and it is all there, along with several other articles available from the same publication.

#1434 5 years ago

This one mentions the pinball and some of the earlier investment opportunities they offered up. Just click stop before the page fully loads.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html

#1435 5 years ago

As of this time last yr according to the SEC filing DR had raised $6.2 million roughly

Haven’t seen 2018 disclosure

The money is coming through investment advisers selling this project to accredited investors. Obviously as a high risk alternative asset class

The advisers got paid over $400k for raising that $ or what looks to be an 8% commission

Either way, they are funded quite well and like I said the facility/offices are substantial and ready to pump out a large quantity of pins!

We could have another major competitor here

#1436 5 years ago

Cool, thanks Iceman

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The money is coming through investment advisers selling this project to accredited investors. Obviously as a high risk alternative asset class

The advisers got paid over $400k for raising that $ or what looks to be an 8% commission

Either way, they are funded quite well and like I said the facility/offices are substantial and ready to pump out a large quantity of pins!

We could have another major competitor here

Those that invested with them in insurance funds and not pinball funds are going to feel pretty shortchanged when all this starts to take off and the big profits start rolling in.

#1438 5 years ago

Reminds me of the polka king haha.

#1439 5 years ago

I'm excited to see what they come up with but am reserving judgment until they deliver a product. This is a high risk niche entertainment product.

But in March 2019 we should see more than one completed title from them, right? That's only seven months away!

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

But in March 2019 we should see more than one completed title from them, right? That's only seven months away!

I hope it works out for them.

If it don't, you'll see the biggest ever crap storm on Pinside. The mods won't be able to keep up.

#1441 5 years ago

I mean just imagine a working MG, RAZA, AIW or Houdini to begin with...they could clean up.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How does Robert Mueller have time to run a pinball manufacturing company and also head up a Russian collusion investigation?

Since there is nothing to the Russian B's, he has plenty of time

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since there is nothing to the Russian B's, he has plenty of time

Well, so far there is nothing to the pinball company. We shall see.

#1444 5 years ago

The first Deeproot pin will go down in history as the recession pin, by the time it hits the market, the economy will be on its way down. Seems comical.

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

The first Deeproot pin will go down in history as the recession pin, by the time it hits the market, the economy will be on its way down. Seems comical.

You know you have point there, the market is flooded and the market over all is long in the tooth, but I think if a pinball that's has a wow factor comes out most pinheads here will purchase. Maybe not like in 2015, but still.

#1446 5 years ago

That sounds more like a market correction than a recession. I’ve not understood today’s prices for quite a while now.

#1447 5 years ago

A new company has more hurdles to overcome when releasing a new game compared to the likes of a giant like Stern. Smart customers are going to question the quality and customer support right out of the gate until a reputation is established. Not all companies are created equal when it comes to support and warranties, as evidenced by the recent American Pinball and Homepin controversies. Add that to the fact that the market is at a historic level of oversaturation already, and these guys have a steep hill to climb out of the gate.

#1448 5 years ago

Oh and there is also the possibility that he hasn't just hired a bunch of great people in pinball, but has talked them each into buying one of those $25,000 investments in the company. I'd be interested to know if they are just employees or also investors.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Oh and there is also the possibility that he hasn't just hired a bunch of great people in pinball, but has talked them each into buying one of those $25,000 investments in the company. I'd be interested to know if they are just employees or also investors.

No.

It's highly unlikely that any of their employees are also accredited investors (meaning they have a net worth of a million bucks or more). This is a federal requirement:
https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=8edfd12967d69c024485029d968ee737&r=SECTION&n=17y3.0.1.1.12.0.46.176

#1450 5 years ago

Well somebody who is friends with Steve or Dennis should just ask them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/29?hl=willsmuz8999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.