Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 672.
#14751 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The game may be great, and it may suck. They may ship and they may not. There are clear red flags that you clearly want to ignore. Fine. But you're going to hear them, like it or not.

I agree 100% that I may never see deeproot’s first offering RAZA or if I do I may get something worse than Spooky’s first offering America’s Most Horrendous. Who knows, maybe I’ll get something really cool! I also agree there are many red flags. Where you are wrong is that I am not ignoring them. I am not naive, I fully understand and accept the associated risks. I evaluated the pros and cons in great detail and am comfortable with my decision. If deeproot falls on their face and fails, I will have no one to blame but myself as it was my own decision. I will be disappointed as hell, but at least I gave them a shot and supported them as I do believe in what they are trying to accomplish.

#14752 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Many of us where in this hobby long before the home market was any significant portion of sales. Our buying patterns aren’t going to change because a bunch of new money NIB buyers started flooding the hobby around 2011. Many of us are also involved in operating ours or other people’s games. When my associates buy every new game and i have a key to the game, why would i be in a rush to buy the game? As ops they even get the game earlier than most. I unbox, setup, and experience the game before most home buyers. I have close friends who are high rollers who buy the top tier games too. We share our experiences and knowledge, even tho i am not adding games to my “pinside collection” nor running around telling everyone about what toy i ordered. What or how much you buy is insignificant to me or others.
But yeah, take the analysis of someguy who has zero clue about me or anything around me except what they think they get from creeping my pinside profile because they get butthurt when people downvote their “insight”.

How's the weather up there?

#14753 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Not too many other companies trying to make a startup amid a pandemic with global shutdowns and government mandated closures.
I was loosing a LOT of money before Deeproot came on board. I put the Goodwill Credit given to me on a Raza Xtra. I had to pony up $90 to complete the shipping charges... inside the PinPod..
We'll see.. Golly, I hope I don't get screwed for another $90.

#14754 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is this thread only about buying a new game? Gtfo of here with your “analysis” of what is relevant... maybe its such crappy comments that lead to all those downvotes you are so worried about.

Umm...I thought it was primarily about buying a new pin from a new pinball company...maybe I got lost? What do you think it’s mainly about?

“Crappy” comments...haven’t heard that word in awhile!

I assure you I am not worried about all your downvotes...just never understood why.

#14755 3 years ago

I vote you guys take it private.

#14756 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I vote they get a room!

#14757 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I vote they get a room!

Let’s all get a room. A good ole fashioned deep root orgy would sort all this out!

#14758 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My apologies to everyone for my part in derailing this thread...you will not hear another word from me about this. Sorry guys.

#14759 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

100136 = up to 136 games.
Looks like they are doing better than people thought for RAZA.
That’s good, next up is manufacturing. Following this thread to see how this goes.....

Skit-B had deposits for the limited 250 machines they were to make, but it was a popular licensed theme.

#14760 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Skit-B had deposits for the limited 250 machines they were to make, but it was a popular licensed theme.

Wasn’t Skit-B like a home brew and one guy. I kind of think this company has more signs of permanence. Yes, we get the reference this can still go sideways and it still can...

#14761 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Wasn’t Skit-B like a home brew and one guy. I kind of think this company has more signs of permanence. Yes, we get the reference this can still go sideways and it still can...

Yes, I don't know what Kevin had setup for production, the most I remember seeing was 25 playfields or so. The reference was just in regards to pre-order numbers. I have no idea how many Alien or The Big Lebowski pre-orders there were or how many have been produced, I imagine they could be seen as a better point of reference, but again licensed titles.

#14762 3 years ago

I know this is getting WAY ahead of ourselves but, if deeproot were to someday make another rock band pin after The Who, what would it be?

My vote...PanterA!!! And they were from deeproot’s home state of Texas!

Can you imagine the energy during “F*cking Hostile” multiball?...”one, two, three, four!”

I realize this is a pipe dream and will never happen...oh well. What say you?

#14763 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s all get a room. A good ole fashioned deep root orgy would sort all this out!

Next from DR: Octo-Vibes!

#14764 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I know this is getting WAY ahead of ourselves but, if deeproot were to someday make another rock band pin after The Who, what would it be?
Can you imagine the energy during “F*cking Hostile” multiball?...”one, two, three, four!”

Phil Anselmo's nazi bullshit will keep this from happening.

#14765 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

My vote...PanterA!!! .... I realize this is a pipe dream and will never happen...oh well. What say you?

Mosh Pit Multi-ball!

#14766 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Mosh Pit Multi-ball!

Slayer would be fantastic...also a pipe dream...oh well.

#14767 3 years ago

First, deeproot should scrap “The Who” as it will be absolutely dreadful. No one gives two fucks for that band.

#14768 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

First, deeproot should scrap “The Who” as it will be absolutely dreadful. No one gives two fucks for that band.

Agree. All these bands LZ, The Who, etc.
Please no more bands for a long time!

#14769 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Mosh Pit Multi-ball!

For real. This would be amazing.

#14770 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Rethemed WWE!

Eject the Multiball into the ring!

#14771 3 years ago

I think the Pinball Brothers Alien thread is a great example of Ben's point that Goonies should have been their lead game.

Alien has a troubled past, people lost money, the Pinball Brothers have no track record yet games are flying and the thread is positive.

#14772 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Not sure I want DR to build it but if we’re talking Texas bands I vote ZZ Top with the eliminator car or afterburner car/rocket in the backglass and - to me - the best sound track in all of pinball !

#14773 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think the Pinball Brothers Alien thread is a great example of Ben's point that Goonies should have been their lead game.
Alien has a troubled past, people lost money, the Pinball Brothers have no track record yet games are flying and the thread is positive.

That may be true, but Alien is a more-or-less proven design, widely regarded to be a fantastic game that deserved the second (third?) chance. Pretty sure if DR snagged that, that same vibe would be over here too - maybe even despite the pinbar.

And as a property, Alien vs Goonies is not even a fair comparison. Alien changed the Sci-fi genre. It left an indelible mark on cinematography and set design. Its own tropes pervaded pop culture and were a continuous touch point throughout the 90's beyond, across multiple sequels and crossovers. The concept itself is almost timeless. Whereas Goonies... was a fun one-off 35 years ago?

While I respect both for what they are, I don't hold much nostalgia for either... yet something tells me Alien would crush Goonies in any format except the elementary school set.

#14774 3 years ago

I’m totally lost on all the love for Goonies as a game . It may or may not be fun to play but definitely not a theme I would consider buying .

#14775 3 years ago

I can't believe you guys are talking about dream themes when we still have no evidence of production ability and its been confirmed that Food Truck is the next title.

#14776 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can't believe you guys are talking about dream themes when we still have no evidence of production ability and its been confirmed that Food Truck is the next title.

Maybe it’s Goonies’ Food Truck... Chunk’s Truck!

#14777 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
#14778 3 years ago

Maybe Foodfight will finally get the tie in pinball machine that it deserves?

#14779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Agreed...and...back to reality. I’m going to blame it on that damn Mad Elf I was drinking.

#14780 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Agreed...and...back to reality. I’m going to blame it on that damn Mad Elf I was drinking.

Oh man.... Now I feel like Captain Bummer...

I hope to have a few beers with you someday.

#14781 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh man.... Now I feel like Captain Bummer...
I hope to have a few beers with you someday.

Likewise! It’s all good...it just popped in my head last night that one of my favorite bands, PanterA, was from Texas. Just curious, is Mad Elf (11% Christmas beer) available out your way?

#14782 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just curious, is Mad Elf (11% Christmas beer) available out your way?

Apparently so according to my quick Google search. And I enjoy Belgian beers. Looks like I've got some more shopping to do.

#14783 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Apparently so according to my quick Google search. And I enjoy Belgian beers. Looks like I've got some more shopping to do.

Sure sounds that way!

#14784 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the thread is positive

Bc I scored a 4k voucher out of trusting the clownshow HP. Hail to the pinball brothers.

#14785 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I’m totally lost on all the love for Goonies as a game . It may or may not be fun to play but definitely not a theme I would consider buying .

It's better than Food Truck. Mostly unlicensed themes is the greatest danger facing the roots of deepness.

#14786 3 years ago

Rumor is Stern has Back to the Future with Brian Eddie. Deeproot has a game they do not own designed by a guy credited without ever being able to finish a game. What’s that they say about a fool and his money?

Best of luck to the supporters, they’re gonna need it.

#14787 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's better than Food Truck. Mostly unlicensed themes is the greatest danger facing the roots of deepness.

How dare you. Food truck is phenomenal. The pinball world has much rejoicing to do based on the creativity of this awesome game. Do they sell 5 or 10?

#14788 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is Stern has Back to the Future with Brian Eddie. Deeproot has a game they do not own designed by a guy credited without ever being able to finish a game. What’s that they say about a fool and his money?

Wait, who said Back to the Future? was it on a podcast?

#14789 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What I find fascinating (pathetic) are that people such as flynnibus who spent countless hours writing his 323 posts in a thread about a company he has no interest in supporting. That particular piece of work downvotes almost every post of mine...he’d even downvote a post where I offered to buy him a RAZA as a thank you for all his downvotes.

Hmmm... far from pathetic, I usually find posts from flynnibus to be well reasoned, whether or not I agree with them. He doesn't set off my troll alert like some others.

Your post makes it seem like flynnibus is downvoting most of your posts, but since that's not the case, it's not clear who you're referring to.

#14790 3 years ago

It's been a while, but under the goodwill agreement, I thought a $5000 deposit with JPOP qualified you for one Deeproot game. Has that changed?

#14791 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What’s that they say about a fool and his money?

But didn't you get burned thrice? No need to call others a fool.

#14792 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It's been a while, but under the goodwill agreement, I thought a $5000 deposit with JPOP qualified you for one Deeproot game. Has that changed?

A $5000 deposit is good for Goodwill offer of:
RAZA Arcade Edition having the following upgrades (Neon Rings, Toy Package, AR Glass, Topper)

#14793 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

But didn't you get burned thrice? No need to call others a fool.

Do tell, we need to see how smart he is letting us know what to do?

#14794 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A $5000 deposit is good for Goodwill offer of:
RAZA Arcade Edition having the following upgrades (Neon Rings, Toy Package, AR Glass, Topper)

So about $1500 difference? When is that due?

#14795 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So about $1500 difference? When is that due?

I think he meant that his original $5K deposit gets him that package with no upcharge.
I hope it happens.

#14796 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

In a lower mini-playfield. That would be fu&%ing awesome.

#14797 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How dare you. Food truck is phenomenal. The pinball world has much rejoicing to do based on the creativity of this awesome game. Do they sell 5 or 10?

Other pinball companies might sell you the wish fulfillment of being a rock star, a superhero or a ghost-busting time-traveler. FOOD TRUCK lets you live the dream of spending all day inside a hot, cramped mobile kitchen making minimum wage while hoping ICE doesn't show up.

#14798 3 years ago

Do you pinside cry babies have nothing else to do??? Than bitching Deeproot for what?
Go shame yourself, you don't deserve to be in this hobby. Go somewhere else jerking around.

#14799 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Do you pinside cry babies have nothing else to do??? Than bitching Deeproot for what?
Go shame yourself, you don't deserve to be in this hobby. Go somewhere else jerking around.

I couln’t agree more. I can’t even count the number of double posts by some saying they will fail, all is crap and so on...by a bunch of self assigned expert who knows everything.

Quoted from benheck:

Other pinball companies might sell you the wish fulfillment of being a rock star, a superhero or a ghost-busting time-traveler. FOOD TRUCK lets you live the dream of spending all day inside a hot, cramped mobile kitchen making minimum wage while hoping ICE doesn't show up.

I’m sorry but even if everyone has respect for your knowledge, your only pinball at Spooky was not really impressive. Between AMH and RAZA, sorry I would choose RAZA by far.
I’m not sure why you keep posting and reposting in here all the same critics. It’s like a broken record. Are you seriously angry at this point? What did they do to you personaly which deserve that kind of hate? Just curious.

#14800 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/296 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.