Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 672.
#14701 3 years ago

pinmirror - option $150.00

#14702 3 years ago

What about the smartphone app? It says it allows you to administer the machine. I bet it can connect directly to the machine over WiFi.

#14703 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about the smartphone app? It says it allows you to administer the machine. I bet it can connect directly to the machine over WiFi.

Yeah I’ve always thought when my fingers are covered in dirt and grease that I’d rather be using my phone instead of the crusty old service buttons on that T2.

#14704 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you lift the playfield, the pinbar is attached to it.

Oh understood. Don't see a world end issue there but understood.

#14705 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Could also do it over Bluetooth. Hold the phone under the PF as you click switches. It's the obvious, easiest answer but then you don't get to patent, promote and fellate the AMAZING PINBAR!

#14706 3 years ago

It was nice to see the Goodwill credits actually put into store credit and available to use for game purchase.
Done.

#14707 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So now we're on the 3rd screen to get feedback from the machine? Maybe the coil could fire in pulses that emit morse code, and we can get an app to decode it.
click click.. click click click.... click.... click click click
C
click... click click click click.... click click
O
click click... click click click click... click... click click
I
click.. click... click.. click click
L
click click click click.. click... click click

#14708 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I’ve always thought when my fingers are covered in dirt and grease that I’d rather be using my phone instead of the crusty old service buttons on that T2.

Why is it so hard to get answers to simple questions like this? Is DR just not interested in letting potential buyers know how things work?

#14709 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Could also do it over Bluetooth. Hold the phone under the PF as you click switches. It's the obvious, easiest answer but then you don't get to patent, promote and fellate the AMAZING PINBAR!

Maybe this is setting up their need product the pinphone. You'll be to own this specific phone to work on the machine.

#14710 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Why is it so hard to get answers to simple questions like this? Is DR just not interested in letting potential buyers know how things work?

Did you ask them? They have a phone number and email.

#14711 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh understood. Don't see a world end issue there but understood.

It's not a world ending issue I agree. But considering their Pinpod will not fit through a standard sized door, you have to wonder what other engineering issues there may be.

I hope everything works out for everyone but I just don't have the confidence that you guys do.

Good eye, Levi

#14712 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's not a world ending issue I agree. But considering their Pinpod will not fit through a standard sized door, you have to wonder what other engineering issues there may be.

Oh no. If that is true, they need to sort that out. Not everyone has a convenient garage or other space to safely unbox a game in. Sure, you could unbox outdoors, but what do you do when it is raining?

PinTent? PinBrella?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14713 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Oh no. If that is true, they need to sort that out. Not everyone has a convenient garage or other space to safely unbox a game in. Sure, you could unbox outdoors, but what do you do when it is raining?

Cary Hardy's video is becoming the Zapruder film but here ya go, all cued up for ya.

#14714 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

PinTent? PinBrella?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Just get a mansion with bigger doors. Duh!

#14715 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just get a mansion with bigger doors. Duh!

I can't fit any pinball crate through my standard doors. Just take it apart and truck it through like any other pin.
If you don't like it, get the box. Really, it's not that big a deal.

#14716 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've NEVER used the service buttons with the playfield raised before? really?
Its not a HUGE issue, but it's a dumb issue. You didn't assume the Pinbar (tm) would stay on the lockdown bar when the playfield was raised?

It’s a nonissue. All diagnostics I perform are with the playfield down, so I can see the main display and run the necessary tests. Once I find a problem, such as a coil not firing, I either stop the test and then lift the playfield or leave it in repeat coil test and lift the playfield to diagnose. In any case, once I’m troubleshooting or fixing the actual problem found I am already done with using the test menus so being able to see the display is irrelevant. Then, after I make the repair, I lower the playfield and test again using the menus that can be seen once again on the main display. Again, a nonissue, at least how I service pins.

#14717 3 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

PinTent? PinBrella?
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Only a bunch of PinDummies would do that! Would you is the question?

#14718 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It was nice to see the Goodwill credits actually put into store credit and available to use for game purchase.
Done.

Awesome...I’m truly happy for you!

#14719 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

It’s not, just contact them through the form on their website or call them. I had many questions and they were very responsive in answering each and every one of my questions in detail.

#14720 3 years ago

The pinbar stays where it is.

The Apron around it lifts.

#14721 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The pinbar stays where it is.
The Apron around it lifts.

I think they mean when the play field is lifted.

D73015E9-4E05-463A-A162-62471CF5723E (resized).jpegD73015E9-4E05-463A-A162-62471CF5723E (resized).jpeg
#14722 3 years ago

Saturday morning thoughts...

With over 14,000 posts in this thread and for much of the time it staying quite active or on “fire”, I think the underlying excitement for what deeproot Pinball is trying to accomplish is undeniable. Can you imagine the pinball community’s reaction to this product if they just flew under the radar, no bravado, no JPop, and had a proper company and product reveal and started taking orders as they are now? I believe even the skeptics and haters are curious, intrigued, and even excited about deeproot. How could anyone who loves pinball not be? This is why I placed an order on a RAZA Ae. I evaluated and focused on the current product being offered and recent company activity while putting less emphasis on their past.

Most importantly, I really feel bad for those burned by Zidware/JPop and more than anything I am glad many were made whole by getting the Goodwill money or as some have just recently done by finally getting to place an order for RAZA using their long overdue store credit.

Finally, the most recent order number indicates deeproot is on pace to make more RAZAs than Spooky’s first title AMH or American Pinball’s third and even licensed title Hotwheels. Not a bad start for a new pinball company with all the “negative” history it has with it. I think the reason for this is clear...the platform deeproot created has tremendous potential. At the end of the day, if the product is fantastic and can actually be efficiently produced, all will be forgotten. Time will tell as always, but if the product delivers as I believe it will, future titles will sell in very significant numbers and deeproot Pinball will become a major player in the pinball industry while offering a fresh and exciting alternative to the current status quo.

#14723 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Saturday morning thoughts...
With over 14,000 posts in this thread and for much of the time it staying quite active or on “fire”, I think the underlying excitement for what deeproot Pinball is trying to accomplish is undeniable. Can you imagine the pinball community’s reaction to this product if they just flew under the radar, no bravado, no JPop, and had a proper company and product reveal and started taking orders as they are now? I believe even the skeptics and haters are curious, intrigued, and even excited about deeproot. How could anyone who loves pinball not be? This is why I placed an order on a RAZA Ae. I evaluated and focused on the current product being offered and recent company activity while putting less emphasis on their past.
Most importantly, I really feel bad for those burned by Zidware/JPop and more than anything I am glad many were made whole by getting the Goodwill money or as some have just recently done by finally getting to place an order for RAZA using their long overdue store credit.
Finally, the most recent order number indicates deeproot is on pace to make more RAZAs than Spooky’s first title AMH or American Pinball’s third and even licensed title Hotwheels. Not a bad start for a new pinball company with all the “negative” history it has with it. I think the reason for this is clear...the platform deeproot created has tremendous potential. At the end of the day, if the product is fantastic and can actually be efficiently produced, all will be forgotten. Time will tell as always, but if the product delivers as I believe it will, future titles will sell in very significant numbers and deeproot Pinball will become a major player in the pinball industry while offering a fresh and exciting alternative to the current status quo.

This ^ Is exactly what DR is all about. I really wish them the best.

#14724 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

This ^ Is exactly what DR is all about. I really wish them the best.

Quoted from ShinyNick:

Robert just setup the website to deal with the credits for the Zidware claimants like me - I just confirmed my order for an Xtra, order # 100136... Looking forward to getting a game that I paid for eight years ago!!

100136 = up to 136 games.
Looks like they are doing better than people thought for RAZA.

That’s good, next up is manufacturing. Following this thread to see how this goes.....

#14725 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I think the underlying excitement for what deeproot Pinball is trying to accomplish is undeniable.

I think deeproot has simply been the loudest voice in the room. Think professional wrestling. Fun to watch if you don't take it seriously.

Quoted from wrb1977:

I believe even the skeptics and haters are curious, intrigued, and even excited about deeproot.

I believe we all want them to produce a product and GET IT INTO CUSTOMER'S HANDS. I'm way past caring anything about them except ship your god damn pinball machines and stfu.

Quoted from wrb1977:

the most recent order number indicates deeproot is on pace to make more RAZAs

It might mean they are using pseudo-random order numbers to give the illusion that orders are coming by the hundreds, better to convince people they should send money now. You can guess about what it means but if you have no evidence to back it up your guess is dismissed as speculation.

#14726 3 years ago

For those still not sold on the pinbar and are on the fence about ordering a game, I will soon be taking pre-orders on a more ergonomic replacement that will simply be called the "belly bar". Price yet to be determined.

image-26 (resized).jpgimage-26 (resized).jpg
#14727 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think deeproot has simply been the loudest voice in the room. Think professional wrestling. Fun to watch if you don't take it seriously.

I believe we all want them to produce a product and GET IT INTO CUSTOMER'S HANDS. I'm way past caring anything about them except ship your god damn pinball machines and stfu.

It might mean they are using pseudo-random order numbers to give the illusion that orders are coming by the hundreds, better to convince people they should send money now. You can guess about what it means but if you have no evidence to back it up your guess is dismissed as speculation.

Cool down-vote on an overall positive post.

#14728 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For those still not sold on the pinbar and are on the fence about ordering a game, I will soon be taking pre-orders on a more ergonomic replacement that will simply be called the "belly bar". Price yet to be determined.[quoted image]

All I could think about

#14729 3 years ago

I'm way past caring anything about them except ship your god damn pinball machines and stfu.

Being you don’t care and all...why are you still here and taking the time to respond to a positive post in a thread about a company you no longer care about???

#14730 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Cool down-vote on an overall positive post.

You mean a hype post cheering hype? Following up his months of hype?

392B9B24-D6EA-45B2-912A-5D2C74C004E0 (resized).jpeg392B9B24-D6EA-45B2-912A-5D2C74C004E0 (resized).jpeg

Everything is sunshine when you cherry pick what to focus on.

#14731 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You mean a hype post cheering hype? Following up his months of hype?
[quoted image]
Everything is sunshine when you cherry pick what to focus on.

Meh, I just mean the general abuse of the down-vote option on this site. It's sad.

But hey, it's there for you self-righteous folks to click when you get mad at the internet so enjoy!

#14732 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Meh, I just mean the general abuse of the down-vote option on this site. It's sad.
But hey, it's there for you self-righteous folks to click when you get mad at the internet so enjoy!

#14733 3 years ago

I appreciate the upvote downvote system on pinside so you can see who’s just petty

Sometimes I do hate and play a bit too much, but I’m just genuinely interested in what they’re doing, even if I don’t think they’re capable of any of it

The nice thing about pessimism is constantly being proven right or being pleasantly surprised

#14734 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Abuse? It looked like it was used exactly what the system is meant for... someone expressing disagreement. The system exists so you can express a view without adding more posts for just yeah or nah. If you are curious about a vote, PM the person. Tangents like this are petty.

#14735 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I appreciate the upvote downvote system on pinside so you can see who’s just petty
Sometimes I do hate and play a bit too much, but I’m just genuinely interested in what they’re doing, even if I don’t think they’re capable of any of it
The nice thing about pessimism is constantly being proven right or being pleasantly surprised

Yeah, I think we all do. I do agree regarding people being exposed for being petty. That said, I just like to poke at the sensitive folk on here from time to time.

Exhibit A:

Quoted from flynnibus:

Abuse? It looked like it was used exactly what the system is meant for... someone expressing disagreement. The system exists so you can express a view without adding more posts for just yeah or nah. Het people need to add posts complaining about votes. If you are curious about a vote, PM the person. Tangents like this are petty.

#14736 3 years ago

I base my christmas shopping on the votes I get here.

#14737 3 years ago

What I find fascinating (pathetic) are that people such as flynnibus who spent countless hours writing his 323 posts in a thread about a company he has no interest in supporting. That particular piece of work downvotes almost every post of mine...he’d even downvote a post where I offered to buy him a RAZA as a thank you for all his downvotes. Seriously, don’t some of you have anything better to do?

The time I’ve spent in this thread will hopefully pay off as I’ve always considered myself a potential deeproot customer and I’ve found value in this thread by gaining information from those who are actually interested in seeing a new pinball company succeed and push pinball forward. Thank you to those that have wrote well thought out, productive, and insightful posts whether just being positive and supportive or by offering legitimate constructive criticism!

-Wayne

#14738 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What I find fascinating (pathetic) are that people such as flynnibus who spent countless hours writing his 323 posts in a thread about a company he has no interest in supporting. That particular piece of work downvotes almost every post of mine...he’d even downvote a post where I offered to buy him a RAZA as a thank you for all his downvotes. Seriously, don’t some of you have anything better to do?
The time I’ve spent in this thread will hopefully pay off as I’ve always considered myself a potential deeproot customer and I’ve found value in this thread by gaining information from those who are actually interested in seeing a new pinball company succeed and push pinball forward. Thank you to those that have wrote well thought out, productive, and insightful posts whether just being positive and supportive or by offering legitimate constructive criticism!
-Wayne

It appears there is some history here!

Well, for what it's worth, I wasn't calling flynnibus pathetic or anything of the sort. I was just tossing a grenade and seeing who got hit along with noting that I think the downvote system, in my opinion, is abused and mostly only breeds negativity amongst patrons of the site.

We don't all always see eye-to-eye on every topic; which is ok. That's what forums are for! It's definitely important to remember that we're all, mostly , good people that just have different points of view and are all passionate about pinball. That said, some of us are also keyboard warriors at times and can lose sight of what may be too much in our posts. I'm obviously guilty of that on more than one occasion!

To anyone I've offended, or to whom I've just plain said intentionally provoking or insulting things, I apologize! No promises it won't happen again but I'll make an effort to be more civil and treat people more like I would treat them in person. For everyone's sake let's hope that means I'm not a jerk in person!

#14739 3 years ago

I'm way past caring anything about them

Quoted from wrb1977:

Being you don’t care and all...why are you still here and taking the time to respond

Thanks for asking. I'll clarify.
The word "them" in my post referred to Deeproot the entity. I do still care about my fellow pinheads and would prefer none of them lose money by pre-ordering from a project that has missed most milestones they have set. Not a good bet IMO. After Deeproot proves they can get machines to their customers the risk will be much lower.

#14740 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

-Wayne

Don't you have anything better to do than circle jerk?

The game may be great, and it may suck. They may ship and they may not. There are clear red flags that you clearly want to ignore. Fine. But you're going to hear them, like it or not.

If you want an echo chamber, go to your beloved pre order thread.

#14741 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

-Wayne

This guy hobby is over analyzing everything with his « great » expererience and bashing all the pins he will never buy no matter what...
I think we got that DR will fail or need to take advice to the great flynnibus.
We all wait for you flynibus to build your own company to see what could be successful or at least your homebrew!
Save your time on this site and do that, you’ll be more happy in life.

#14742 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

deeproot is on pace to make more RAZAs than Spooky’s first title AMH or American Pinball’s third and even licensed title Hotwheels

I don't think they have made ANY games that have shipped yet.
That's not much of a pace.

#14743 3 years ago

I do still care about my fellow pinheads and would prefer none of them lose money by pre-ordering from a project that has missed most milestones they have set. Not a good bet IMO.

Not too many other companies trying to make a startup amid a pandemic with global shutdowns and government mandated closures.

I was loosing a LOT of money before Deeproot came on board. I put the Goodwill Credit given to me on a Raza Xtra. I had to pony up $90 to complete the shipping charges... inside the PinPod..

We'll see.. Golly, I hope I don't get screwed for another $90.

#14744 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't you have anything better to do than circle jerk?
The game may be great, and it may suck. They may ship and they may not. There are clear red flags that you clearly want to ignore. Fine. But you're going to hear them, like it or not.
If you want an echo chamber, go to your beloved pre order thread.

I guess it is a forum - bash to your heart’s content. My view - say your view good/bad/etc. Hyping on it (either way) just gets old.

#14745 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

This guy hobby is over analyzing everything with his « great » expererience and bashing all the pins he will never buy no matter what...

Maybe you didn’t know... buy there is more to this hobby then buying NIB games. In fact the vast majority of this community has never bought a NIB game. Don’t measure someone’s involvement or interest solely by their willingness to buy NIB games... especially pre order games. But thanks for the judgement... its been duly noted

#14746 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Is this thread only about buying a new game? Gtfo of here with your “analysis” of what is relevant... maybe its such crappy comments that lead to all those downvotes you are so worried about.

Maybe people should spend less time worried about the votes and pay attention to what is actually being said. Your “positive only vibes” would have set you up great for every other failure where people only wanted to focus on potential... and bury reality if it didnt agree with them. SEND MONEY NOW! DONT RISK MISSING OUT!

#14747 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe you didn’t know... buy there is more to this hobby then buying NIB games.

If everyone in this hobby was thinking like that, this industry would be long gone.
So basically, we need some stupid rich folks to buy pins and serve for the others as beta tester, guinea pigs and test new companies for smart guys like you to maybe one day, give a dime for it?
But eveyone is not that smart so basically, there is a balance.
For once, I get you.

#14748 3 years ago

Thanks for asking. I'll clarify.
The word "them" in my post referred to Deeproot the entity. I do still care about my fellow pinheads and would prefer none of them lose money by pre-ordering from a project that has missed most milestones they have set. Not a good bet IMO. After Deeproot proves they can get machines to their customers the risk will be much lower.

Fair enough.

#14749 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

If everyone in this hobby was thinking like that, this industry would be long gone.
So basically, we need some stupid rich folks to buy pins and serve for the others as beta tester, guinea pigs and test new companies for smart guys like you to maybe one day, give a dime for it?
But eveyone is not that smart so basically, there is a balance.
For once, I get you.

Many of us where in this hobby long before the home market was any significant portion of sales. Our buying patterns aren’t going to change because a bunch of new money NIB buyers started flooding the hobby around 2011. Many of us are also involved in operating ours or other people’s games. When my associates buy every new game and i have a key to the game, why would i be in a rush to buy the game? As ops they even get the game earlier than most. I unbox, setup, and experience the game before most home buyers. I have close friends who are high rollers who buy the top tier games too. We share our experiences and knowledge, even tho i am not adding games to my “pinside collection” nor running around telling everyone about what toy i ordered. What or how much you buy is insignificant to me or others.

But yeah, take the analysis of someguy who has zero clue about me or anything around me except what they think they get from creeping my pinside profile because they get butthurt when people downvote their “insight”.

#14750 3 years ago

I think it is important what people like Flyn do. It brings a dose of reality to the situation which is very important for those who are uninformed, who don't know anything about what has been going on over the past eight years or so. I have said this before a long time ago when I first joined here. As a group, people here should look out for each other. Especially those that are new. Thanks Flyn (and others), for taking the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/295?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.