• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 669.
#14651 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Yeah but that thing looks like a homebrew game.
Deeproot is more like wms.

That's a subjective opinion about both games but I'm not really motivated to do a back and forth. And please note that I'm not a hater in this thread, but I am a sceptic.

BTW. Pinball manufactures these days and for the past several years, have pumped out LE's, CE's, Royals, or whatever fancy name they want to use. Simply rarity equalling value in today's pinball world is over.

#14652 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a subjective opinion about both games but I'm not really motivated to do a back and forth. And please note that I'm not a hater in this thread, but I am a sceptic.
BTW. Pinball manufactures these days and for the past several years, have pumped out LE's, CE's, Royals, or whatever fancy name they want to use. Simply rarity equalling value in today's pinball world is over.

I liked Dirty Donny's art on Cosmic Carnival and it did get produced, I am not sure how many but it is a feat where others have failed.

#14653 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What drugs are you on? Deeproot being like Williams is the funniest thing I'll hear this week.

The drug comment was unnecessary. I agree with him. What deeproot is trying to accomplish is like W/B 2.0, which is what I like about RAZA and why I ordered one.

#14654 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

From the deep six's mouth to your ears! Skip to the 5:15 mark.
I also don't have a show. It's getting really weird at pinside, where everyone that's a jerk to me, also thinks I have a podcast. I do not. I have no time for that, nor would I ever want to have a podcast.
Also I don't understand your month calculation...are you questioning me saying they need to figure out manfacturing in a month or so? Ok...let me explain. It's currently December, they are promising machines in February. That's a month...or so. They should be manufacturing now, or next month if they want to ship a machine by FEB.
You somehow believe I'm Kaneda, even though I've constantly said I'm not him...fact...that's not an opinion, I would know if I was him because...I'm not him. But yet, you have a hard time believing actual facts presented. No fact has been presented that I'm Kaneda...yet you easily believe that I am. I give you references, testimonials from people that were there, company history...and I'm making up "facts" and "opinons". I'm at a point in my life where when facts can't win arguments, you just walk away. I walked away from this thread saying "this was my last piece on Deeproot", but I just had to answer you because of the whole podcaster thing, it's insane!

I thought you were done? That's how we know you are Chris! No location, no history, no pins. Lol

#14655 3 years ago

Whether you like it or not or how they got here, DR has to start somewhere on production.

Spooky started with 150 AMH games. Now they are over 30 employees and I assume ramping up further.

Just saying.

#14656 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whether you like it or not or how they got here, DR has to start somewhere on production.
Spooky started with 150 AMH games. Now they are over 30 employees and I assume ramping up further.
Just saying.

If they meet their own stated production delivery schedule I'll have nothing more to say about it.

#14657 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The drug comment was unnecessary. I agree with him. What deeproot is trying to accomplish is like W/B 2.0, which is what I like about RAZA and why I ordered one.

Hey it's your money, if you want to ignore all the red flags, be my guest.

What exactly is Bally/Williams 2.0?

Are you expecting a generational bump in hardware? A generational bump in gameplay experience?

Edited to add: I sincerely hope you do not get screwed.

#14658 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I liked Dirty Donny's art on Cosmic Carnival and it did get produced, I am not sure how many but it is a feat where others have failed.

Dirty Donny's artwork was great and Cosmic Carnival was built with Bally/Williams mechs and Multimorphic P3-ROC boards. It was the boring game play and irritating music that was its down fall, IMO.

Only 25 ever manufactured but not for me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/suncoast-cosmic-carnival

#14659 3 years ago

So many red flags and people are convincing themselves now they are all of a sudden WMS 2.0 by making a subpar prototype game that took years and years to develop?!
And it doesn’t even look all that impressive if you compare it to what WMS was doing with their last DMD games and pin2k games technologically and playfield wise!
It’s indeed more designed as a system 11 era game as somebody here said correctly.

Pinside can be a funny place

#14660 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

From the deep six's mouth to your ears! Skip to the 5:15 mark.

Opposite to you, Cary Hardy makes sense. This is a key element in "not being Kaneda"; try it!

Where exactly is the time mark where he says the game is "unplayable" because of the clear coating?

He thinks it looks ugly (fair) to a degree that he even hears the dimpling (I can't imagine but ok, also fair - He was there, I was not).

Since Jeff and others wrote and said that the orange peel had no effect on playability I'm more prone to believe them, then your vivid interpretation of an opinion, that you call a "fact".

#14661 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

What deeproot is trying to accomplish is like W/B 2.0

JJP already did that. They even hired all the same people.

#14662 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I did! I never made another post about them. I'm just replying to people calling me a liar and assuming I'm a podcaster. I think that's fair.

Just stop making things up and quit the "I told you so" and your problem will vanish.

If everyone thinks that you're Kaneda, that is because you behave like Kaneda.
And if you behave like Kaneda, you will be treated like Kaneda.
So if you are Kaneda or not is irrelevant.
If you don't want to be treated like Kaneda, stop to behave like Kaneda.
Wich means, if you aren't Kaneda, stop to behave like yourself.

#14663 3 years ago

"I AM KANEDA!"

#14664 3 years ago

I'm Spartacus

#14666 3 years ago

I Keneda believe it!

#14667 3 years ago

I want to hear from the Goodwill People. What's the new deal?

#14668 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Time cued for her pleasure...

WRB, please explain your downvote... I'm truly confused.

#14669 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Just stop making things up and quit the "I told you so" and your problem will vanish.
If everyone thinks that you're Kaneda, that is because you behave like Kaneda.
And if you behave like Kaneda, you will be treated like Kaneda.
So if you are Kaneda or not is irrelevant.
If you don't want to be treated like Kaneda, stop to behave like Kaneda.
Wich means, if you aren't Kaneda, stop to behave like yourself.

Bro....someone either challenged you to say Kaneda as many times as possible, or you have an unhealthy obsession with him. BTW, the last line of your Haiku broke my brain.

#14670 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I want to hear from the Goodwill People. What's the new deal?

They are having a sale on worn out jeans and bread makers nobody has used since the 90s.

#14671 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The game lacks good gameplay, just like cosmic Carnival. The pinbar might help, but DLC, if mandatory, will kill that. Plus you might not even get a game.

Have you played RAZA or did you form your opinion by watching the limited number of quality gameplay videos that exist?

DLC is optional and can be purchased individually without a subscription.

Agreed...there are no guarantees RAZA will ship.

#14672 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Have you played RAZA or did you form your opinion by watching the limited number of quality gameplay videos that exist?
DLC is optional and can be purchased individually without a subscription.
Agreed...there are no guarantees RAZA will ship.

I've watched many videos of new releases, formed an opinion, played the game and had my opinion confirmed. I can't think of a single game that I watched gameplay and then changed my mind for the better. Actually, I can only remember the opposite. To sum up my answer, YES, I am forming a strong opinion based on the limited quantity gameplay videos that exist.

Is there a chance RAZA will be more fun than it looks? Sure. I doubt it though. Nothing can make a Cyclone ferris wheel fun. Nothing. Also, the primary target zone of the PF is like the claustrophic Paul Stanley zone on Kiss, but Stern was smart enough to make it a less primary part of the game. The Dizzy Doozie is the only fun looking part of the game.

As for DLC (and unlike gameplay) you nor I have any idea what that will be. Optional how? What do you miss out on? How long will they continually add? These are mysteries that should make anyone uncomfortable with the product.

Good luck!

#14673 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

WRB, please explain your downvote... I'm truly confused.

No need to post the same thing over and over...the poor playfield quality has already been covered numerous times.

#14674 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

No need to post the same thing over and over...the poor playfield quality has already been covered numerous times.

For clarification, he wasn't posting the same thing over and over. He actually queued the YouTube video to the spot referenced previously so others did not actually have to search for it. Maybe read what he typed instead of looking at the pretty pictures and making an assumption... Just food for thought.

#14675 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've watched many videos of new releases, formed an opinion, played the game and had my opinion confirmed. I can't think of a single game that I watched gameplay and then changed my mind for the better. Actually, I can only remember the opposite. To sum up my answer, YES, I am forming a strong opinion based on the limited quantity gameplay videos that exist.
Is there a chance RAZA will be more fun than it looks? Sure. I doubt it though. Nothing can make a Cyclone ferris wheel fun. Nothing. Also, the primary target zone of the PF is like the claustrophic Paul Stanley zone on Kiss, but Stern was smart enough to make it a less primary part of the game. The Dizzy Doozie is the only fun looking part of the game.
As for DLC (and unlike gameplay) you nor I have any idea what that will be. Optional how? What do you miss out on? How long will they continually add? These are mysteries that should make anyone uncomfortable with the product.
Good luck!

Fair enough. The game will ship with what is considered the final intended code. Any future DLC will be available to purchase without a subscription. What the content will be, how often new material will become available, or for how long after a game’s release will they create new material is unknown. The main point is all of that is optional. If the final code it ships with is on the same level as a W/B such as AFM, then I’ll be satisfied. And if something cool comes out that I feel is of value I’ll buy it. If not, I won’t, and will enjoy the game as is. Of note, bug fixes to the code are free.

#14676 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

For clarification, he wasn't posting the same thing over and over. He actually queued the YouTube video to the spot referenced previously so others did not actually have to search for it. Maybe read what he typed instead of looking at the pretty pictures and making an assumption... Just food for thought.

I know exactly what was done...and I still feel it was unnecessary...just my opinion. Since this one downvote caused such an outrage, I have decided to politely remove it so we can all move on.

#14677 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I know exactly what was done...and I still feel it was unnecessary...just my opinion. Since this one downvote caused such an outrage, I have decided to politely remove it so we can all move on.

Thank you, it's 2020 and everybody gets a trophy!

#14678 3 years ago

LEZLE has 21 shots AIQLE has 18 who would have thought that. RAZA is (also) cryptic in that regard it is said it has "a lot to shoot" but how much still remains a mystery. Those who want to know before buying wont get a chance at least not directly from deeproot. Bc of that my distro wisely ordered some more xtras and arcades.

#14679 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Those who want to know before buying wont get a chance at least not directly from deeproot. Bc of that my distro wisely ordered some more xtras and arcades.

That’s interesting. Wonder how many games distros are purchasing.

#14680 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do they have any actual official Deep Root Distributors ??

#14681 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For RAZA, it’s a referral model. All sales are direct and DR pays the distro something like a “finder’s fee”.

Post-RAZA, it changes to a normal distribution model, with a commitment to move a certain number of units per year.

#14682 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

For RAZA, it’s a referral model. All sales are direct and DR pays the distro something like a “finder’s fee”.
Post-RAZA, it changes to a normal distribution model, with a commitment to move a certain number of units per year.

I wonder how the European distro mentioned above is buying them.

#14683 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wonder how the European distro mentioned above is buying them.

Hrm, good question. I’m not sure about that.

Regardless, anyone outside North America will be waiting a while as DR is in a backlog to get CE certification. Robert mentioned this on a recent interview.

#14684 3 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Hrm, good question. I’m not sure about that.
Regardless, anyone outside North America will be waiting a while as DR is in a backlog to get CE certification. Robert mentioned this on a recent interview.

True. That’s probably ok with them with the 25% extra tax at the moment.

#14685 3 years ago

Hey I got a question:

If the pinbar (TM) is attached to the playfield apron, as it seems to be, isn’t that gonna cause some annoying problems when doing diagnostics?

I mean, on my current DMD games the screen is blocked when I raise the playfield, but I can still crane my neck and use the buttons inside the coin door to go through the menus.

With the pinbar raised high into the sky facing the wall, using the service menu buttons in any capacity is gonna be pretty much impossible. Unless you have a fellow tech sitting on your shoulders, Master Blaster style.

INNOVATION!!!
37F27A80-9253-41F8-A85D-A0F04B41CAAA (resized).jpeg37F27A80-9253-41F8-A85D-A0F04B41CAAA (resized).jpeg

#14686 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I got a question:
If the pinbar (TM) is attached to the playfield, as it seems to be, isn’t that gonna cause some annoying problems when doing diagnostics?
I mean, on my current DMD games the screen is blocked when I raise the playfield, but I can still crane my neck and use the buttons inside the coin door to go through the menus.
With the pinbar raised high into the sky facing the wall, using the service menu buttons in any capacity is gonna be pretty much impossible. Unless you have a fellow tech sitting on your shoulders, Master Blaster style.
INNOVATION!!!
[quoted image]

uhhhhh.

#14687 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I got a question:
If the pinbar (TM) is attached to the playfield apron, as it seems to be, isn’t that gonna cause some annoying problems when doing diagnostics?
INNOVATION!!!
[quoted image]

Usually I’ll put it into test before I raise the playfield anyway. Not sure this is a huge issue.

#14688 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Usually I’ll put it into test before I raise the playfield anyway. Not sure this is a huge issue.

You've NEVER used the service buttons with the playfield raised before? really?

Its not a HUGE issue, but it's a dumb issue. You didn't assume the Pinbar (tm) would stay on the lockdown bar when the playfield was raised?

#14689 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes, I agree with putting it in Test Mode before raising the playfield. Now, how do I read it with the playfield raised, say for switch test? Alternatively for a solenoid test, how do I activate the coil of interest?

#14690 3 years ago

Duplicate post.

#14691 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Yes, I agree with putting it in Test Mode before raising the playfield. Now, how do I read it with the playfield raised, say for switch test? Alternatively for a solenoid test, how do I activate the coil of interest?

How do you read the screen of any other pinball machine when the playfield is raised? There is still a backbox LCD. Activate a coil during test? Flipper button perhaps? You still can see the screen in the backbox. Not making excuses but surely this scenario has been thought of in the design.

#14692 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

It just seems like a boneheaded design decision. The idea that you don't want to be able to access service buttons when the playfield is raised is ridiculous.

You guys have never tested a mech using the service buttons with the playfield raised before?! So you can see what's going on underneath? I sure have. Countless times, when trying to figure out a buggy Jackbot or Attack From Mars or any other number of games.

#14693 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

LEZLE has 21 shots AIQLE has 18

Innovators don't count shots.

#14694 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How do you read the screen of any other pinball machine when the playfield is raised? There is still a backbox LCD.

Are we sure that diagnostic info will be on the backbox LCD and not just the PinBar? That's the question.

EDIT: I guess the only menu controls are on the PinBar, so I really think this question is valid.

#14695 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Are we sure that diagnostic info will be on the backbox LCD and not just the PinBar? That's the question.
EDIT: I guess the only menu controls are on the PinBar, so I really think this question is valid.

The backbox LCD shows some of the same stuff that the pinbar does. During the gameplay video, you can make skillshot selections with flippers also while looking at the backbox.

#14696 3 years ago

The new Pin-Poke is now available.

zzzzzplastic-robot-hand-grabber_85_4569-a02 (resized).jpgzzzzzplastic-robot-hand-grabber_85_4569-a02 (resized).jpg
#14697 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I got a question:
INNOVATION!!!
[quoted image]

Not sure what your watching but the Pinball looks attached to me and perfectly positioned for service playfield Up or down. Or do you mean bottom of playfield?

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.09.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.09.19 PM (resized).png

#14698 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure what your watching but the Pinball looks attached to me and perfectly positioned for service playfield Up or down. Or do you mean bottom of playfield?
[quoted image]

When you lift the playfield, the pinbar is attached to it.

#14699 3 years ago

@ CrazyLevi - I am sure there will be a diagnostic pinbar mirror that you will attach to the head of the game. Then you can see the pinbar in the raised position. If your dyslexic it will be easy enough to make out what's happening. They are still working on how you would access the touch screen though. Still figuring out the innovation on that. It will all be good. No worries.

#14700 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ CrazyLevi - I am sure there will be a diagnostic pinbar mirror that you will attach to the head of the game. Then you can see the pinbar in the raised position. If your dyslexic it will be easy enough to make out what's happening. They are still working on how you would access the touch screen though. Still figuring out the innovation on that. It will all be good. No worries.

PinMirror (tm)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.