Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 672.
#14451 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also does anyone else appreciate the irony of a lawyer going gaga for the art on a game that's at least 3 lawsuits waiting to happen? (Toho, MGM, Topps)

Huh, what?

#14452 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hit the pinbar and the establishment your in brings your beer and food order out to you at the pinball game. Saves you 20 steps going up to the bar to order.

Well, now you've done it. You posted that online. They're going to integrate the PinBar with the POS systems and you're screwed out of your idea! NICE JOB DUDE

#14453 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also does anyone else appreciate the irony of a lawyer going gaga for the art on a game that's at least 3 lawsuits waiting to happen? (Toho, MGM, Topps)

I was with you until Topps. The baseball card company?

#14454 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I call it incompetence. No one is suggesting they are planning to rip anyone off. That doesn't mean it will end well.

Yes when the choice is between scheming to rip people off and incompetence, always choose incompetence. To allege scheming gives most people way too much credit.

#14455 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was with you until Topps. The baseball card company?

Tops owns Mars attacks trading cards.
From the 50’s or 60’s.
It’s what the movie was based on.
Very loosely based on.

#14456 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I ran away from John's purple shit show and helped found Spooky, which has shipped thousands of ACTUAL GAMES, employs 30 people and generates millions for vendors.
I'm soooooo awful.

Thank God Spooky Pinball is a success. Otherwise I would not have had the pleasure of owning some of my favorite pins I've ever owned (TNA and R&M).

R&M is the most addictive pin ever.

#14457 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought when P2K came out with the video screen. That running advertisements during attract mode for the location, or other things. Could help pay for the rising cost of equipment. And help get it in locations if you could advertise their stuff on it.
LTG : )

Just think, not only could you advertise, you could force people to watch a video for 15 seconds before the game resumes

#14458 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$5900 isn't that bad.

That’s $5900.00 you pay and hope to get a game. Giving preorder money is always a gamble. No guarantee. So stupid. Anyone sending them money has been warned. There is a high likelihood you will get nothing back. Judging by the history of preorders, not likely you will ever get a game.

#14459 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Just think, not only could you advertise, you could force people to watch a video for 15 seconds before the game resumes

I wasn't thinking that. At coin up all advertising would stop.

#14460 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Tops owns Mars attacks trading cards.
From the 50’s or 60’s.
It’s what the movie was based on.
Very loosely based on.

aaaah gotcha!

#14461 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sketched this while smoking a cigar in my garage. Not to scale but you'll get the drift.
Basic idea was to advance through 3 stages of the lower Pf. A couple generic rooms then the reactor bash. Would rotate 120 degrees to reveal each room. You'd want a super weak coil on the flipper, and need to make sure the ball doesn't get stuck in hidden rooms, but should have been doable.
But now there's a static jet toy you can add to a ramp for $120. Such innovation.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing. It’s kinda like how the Batman 66 turntable turned out. Maybe a tribute to the rotating face on Python’s BoP?

I wonder what sort of crazy concept drawings will be up for sale at the inevitable bankruptcy auction.

#14462 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Thanks for sharing. It’s kinda like how the Batman 66 turntable turned out. Maybe a tribute to the rotating face on Python’s BoP?
I wonder what sort of crazy concept drawings will be up for sale at the inevitable bankruptcy auction.

I know at least one guy in attendance that day

#14463 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

"I will apologize for upsetting you and setting you off. No hard feelings, man.

Trolls be trollin'. I got duped.

Doh!

#14464 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Trolls be trollin'. I got duped.
Doh!

To be fair, we are in the darkest part of the year up here. Dark when I leave for work and dark coming home. 5 hrs of daylight makes me pretty miserable so I tend to let it get to me. I shouldn't be posting while miserable.

#14465 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I don't know how this plays out but all the haters just represent the worst of pinside and our society in general. I feel bad for the people who have to live with some of these folks.

I worked for Deeproot Studios last year and quit after Robert stopped paying me. I have 4 kids and couldn’t lend him money via “work without pay”. It’s feasible he owes me interest on late payment. He has since thrown a cease and desist at me and has threatened to pursue after a bonus he paid me as I joined his organization. Don’t assume we are all haters. You might just be lacking perspective.

#14466 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I worked for Deeproot Studios last year and quit after Robert stopped paying me. I have 4 kids and couldn’t lend him money via “work without pay”. It’s feasible he owes me interest on late payment. He has since thrown a cease and desist at me and has threatened to pursue after a bonus he paid me as I joined his organization. Don’t assume we are all haters. You might just be lacking perspective.

It’s the worst part of DR

Shut up and make some games!

I would use cease and desist orders as toilet paper

I really don’t get it. Zero basis to pursue anybody and nor would they

NDAs are quite comical too

#14467 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wasn't thinking that. At coin up all advertising would stop.

Was just kidding here. I was thinking how possibly could DR make their monthly subscription fee even more annoying ? You handed me the solution.

In all seriousness didn’t some of the Arachnid games used to pop up advertising during attract mode ?

#14468 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The C&D is nonsense, but if he’s a real asshat, he can make it expensive for you. I don’t know about Utah, but in many states once you stop getting a paycheck... you ain’t an employee any longer.

#14469 3 years ago

Asshat could be a good game. Right up there with Food Truck. Maybe at the next stop for jpop. Jpop 5.0

#14470 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Are the 6 peeps who visited Deeproot buying this game? That should be a clue

They still might buy this game but even if not:

RAZA is special its about abstract JPop magic. Either you feel it or you dont its art that divides and polarises. Its not about the business tricks zidware did to get (more) preorder money its about what you see in RAZA itself. Its not the best table mechanical and designwise but it contains the relam of imagination only JPop can create. There are a lot of members here who dont see it and therefore and only look at the pin with a cold eye probably these 6 also so its not for them and noone who does not see/feel the Jpop magic.

I first heard of the Jpop tryptichon 2017 on my reentry into pinball and was heartbroken it was only about lawsuits and no production. Then deeproot came and gave shelter to JPop bc Mueller did see his magic. My distro also sees his magic and ordered some arcades and extras.

#14471 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RAZA is special its about abstract JPop magic. Either you feel it or you dont its art that divides and polarises. Its not about the business tricks zidware did to get (more) preorder money its about what you see in RAZA itself. Its not the best table mechanical and designwise but it contains the relam of imagination only JPop can create. There are a lot of members here who dont see it and therefore and only look at the pin with a cold eye probably these 6 also so its not for them and noone who does not see/feel the Jpop magic.
I first heard of the Jpop tryptichon 2017 on my reentry into pinball and was heartbroken it was only about lawsuits and no production. Then deeproot came and gave shelter to JPop bc Mueller did see his magic. My distro also sees his magic and ordered some arcades and extras.

some other people also saw the magic....'the disappearing money trick'

#14472 3 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

some other people also saw the magic....'the disappearing money trick'

Thats not the magic I was talking about that was zidware stuff I clearly seperated in my comment. You love mixing that together to keep the hate going. But now there is a RAZA owner owner thread that is vacuum cleaned from any hate and ready for RAZA and Jpop fans only.

#14473 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Thats not the magic I was talking about that was zidware stuff I clearly seperated in my comment. You love mixing that together to keep the hate going. But now there is a RAZA owner owner thread that is vacuum cleaned from any hate and ready for RAZA and Jpop fans only.

"You have been exposed to JPOP's radiation. Will you return?"

#14474 3 years ago

Nothing like the Sunday morning hate thread!

#14475 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I love jpops previous titles, but man, he's not some sort of God. Raza doesn't look that fun. It has little of the"magic" you speak of.

#14476 3 years ago

RAZA didn’t end up being what we expected 8 yrs later but hey it looks like fun to me and I’m excited to get it

I’m really interested in what they have coming down the road

Yukon Yeti and Food Truck

Iron out the kinks for big seller in Goonies!

#14477 3 years ago

If Yukon Yeti is a reasonable White Water sequel it should sell well. I wouldn't mind having a modern take on this classic, especially since White Waters have crept up in price.

#14478 3 years ago

Did I hear this right in the interview? They wasted 3 months removing the pinbar from the game so they could show the game without it at a show? That sounds like the worst management decision in history.

#14479 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did I hear this right in the interview? They wasted 3 months removing the pinbar from the game so they could show the game without it at a show? That sounds like the worst management decision in history.

Yes you heard that right

It was a mistake. Water under the bridge.

Onward and upward. Release, sell and produce

#14480 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Wow. Please go do some research into Jpoops magic. He has none! He noodles and has designed 0 games. That is a fact. All those great games had other people who finished them as John could not. He is and always has been a sham.

#14481 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes you heard that right

Love the optimism

It’s more like try to get money as we have none, maybe produce and ship some games, go bankrupt. These guys are jokers. I do have the hate as I got burnt by Heighway, Skit b, and Jpop. I will never ever buy from a start up again. I advise everyone else not to part with your money unless you are okay just giving it up with nothing in return, and in that case, please give to your local food banks.

#14482 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes you heard that right

The only produce at DR is salad fixins and I doubt they have much of that.

#14483 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

If Yukon Yeti is a reasonable White Water sequel it should sell well. I wouldn't mind having a modern take on this classic, especially since White Waters have crept up in price.

Why does river rafting need a sequel? I’d say it’s already ahead of the game with White Water.

#14484 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Its not the best table mechanical and designwise but it contains the relam of imagination only JPop can create.

Man you really drank the jpop kool-aid. His games are mediocre. All the visible art was actually drawn by others. Jpop just laid out playfields and designed some mechs (and recycled other mechs from old games). He was a competent designer in that he released 4 games that were reasonably fun (SWep1 was constrained and just not good).

From a gameplay perspective, his 90s games don't hold a candle to modern offerings.

#14485 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

RAZA didn’t end up being what we expected 8 yrs later but hey it looks like fun to me and I’m excited to get it
I’m really interested in what they have coming down the road
Yukon Yeti and Food Truck
Iron out the kinks for big seller in Goonies!

The LE model looks really cool, hopefully when the pinball shows start again I will be able to play one.

#14486 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Love the optimism
It’s more like try to get money as we have none, maybe produce and ship some games, go bankrupt. These guys are jokers. I do have the hate as I got burnt by Heighway, Skit b, and Jpop. I will never ever buy from a start up again. I advise everyone else not to part with your money unless you are okay just giving it up with nothing in return, and in that case, please give to your local food banks.

I don't blame you Hank, you received the pinball hall of fame trifecta ass pounding. Hate away.

Quoted from seenev:

That sounds like the worst management decision in history.

Maybe hiring Jpop was the worst? . I'll never understand wanting to take on that baggage.

Should have hired Elwin back then.

#14487 3 years ago

He did mention in the interview that Goonies could be teed up around the 35th anniversary date in June.

Should be enough time to get a production flow going to handle some big orders.

Btw, i agree with Hank, tis the season to donate to charity and help others. I just gave to Elf Louise, local toys for kids campaign, and my favorite charity of all, St. Jude's Children hospital and any children's charity for that matter.

#14488 3 years ago

So what's the over under that Deeproot folds before Feburary 2021?

#14489 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

That’s $5900.00 you pay and hope to get a game. Giving preorder money is always a gamble. No guarantee. So stupid. Anyone sending them money has been warned. There is a high likelihood you will get nothing back. Judging by the history of preorders, not likely you will ever get a game.

I agree, I'd not pay in advance for this pin. (I was an original RAZA investor but got lucky, a refund before it all went south).

#14490 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

How much would you like to wager?

#14491 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Too early. A real bet would be by the end of 2021.

#14492 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The LE model looks really cool, hopefully when the pinball shows start again I will be able to play one.

If you find yourself near Chicago next year my home arcade will be open anytime you wish. Hope you are doing well and have a great holiday with family.

#14493 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Please add me to any wager you wish. I'll take that bet!

#14494 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Too early. A real bet would be by the end of 2021.

Yah that's a safer bet, but I don't know. They want pre-orders in by end of December? Then maybe wait a month to see if any more orders trickle in and then what? Actually build the games? LMAO!...My guess is sit on their hands for a bit, blame low preorder turnout and shut down February or March while running away with full deposits once again. Too many red flags, a company like Deeproot demanding full deposit, and a one month window creating FOMO, and then what is the next step? A factory magically appears and makes the games? Deeproot all of a sudden firing on all cylinders and knows what they are doing, and starts distributing machines? or...or...we follow the same trend that's been going on for 8-9 years with RAZA and NEVER see it in the wild...I don't know...one of those makes more sense to me. Think about it, this game has been in production for like 8 years and when it was time to reveal it back in September, it was a no show, Deeproot when dark for months, only to release it at a cafe and now its ready to sell? Come on, sooooo many red flags and people still buying this thing? They can't do anything right, not even a simple thing as a launch, but somehow they are going to figure it all out in December....okay. I also have land on the Sun I'd like to sell you.

#14495 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Yah that's a safer bet, but I don't know. They want pre-orders in by end of December? Then maybe wait a month to see if any more orders trickle in and then what? Actually build the games? LMAO!...My guess is sit on their hands for a bit, blame low preorder turnout and shut down February or March while running away with full deposits once again. Too many red flags, a company like Deeproot demanding full deposit, and a one month window creating FOMO, and then what is the next step? A factory magically appears and makes the games? Deeproot all of a sudden firing on all cylinders and knows what they are doing, and starts distributing machines? or...or...we follow the same trend that's been going on for 8-9 years with RAZA and NEVER see it in the wild...I don't know...one of those makes more sense to me. Think about it, this game has been in production for like 8 years and when it was time to reveal it back in September, it was a no show, Deeproot when dark for months, only to release it at a cafe and now its ready to sell? Come on, sooooo many red flags and people still buying this thing? They can't do anything right, not even a simple thing as a launch, but somehow they are going to figure it all out in December....okay. I also have land on the Sun I'd like to sell you.

They are not asking for a full deposit. 10% for arcade and 20% for the xtra.

#14496 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

.My guess is sit on their hands for a bit, blame low preorder turnout and shut down February or March while running away with full deposits once again.

So exactly how many Deposits has Deeproot collected from anyone? Again? Seriously, you can hate but at Least know some facts.

#14497 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Also this is the exact type of post I was refereing to when I said people act like they are scamming or something. Then people were stating that no one said anything about scamming.

#14498 3 years ago

I’m not defending deeproot at all, but I will say the communication over the last few weeks is 1000% percent better than before. Hopefully they can get games out the door and make more than one title. The interviews help us see the reality. It’s not smooth sailing and it seems they realize the stupid mistakes they have made. Hopefully they have enough capital left to pull this off. That’s the elephant in the room.

#14499 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So exactly how many Deposits has Deeproot collected from anyone? Again? Seriously, you can hate but at Least know some facts.

From the numbers people have been reporting here and on Facebook, I'm guessing 25-50. I assume distributors will pick up some. And they are also making games for people Jpop owes them too. Would they do a run of only 50-100 games?

#14500 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m not defending deeproot at all, but I will say the communication over the last few weeks is 1000% percent better than before. Hopefully they can get games out the door and make more than one title. The interviews help us see the reality. It’s not smooth sailing and it seems they realize the stupid mistakes they have made. Hopefully they have enough capital left to pull this off. That’s the elephant in the room.

They asking for money now. Not surprising the “communication” has suddenly improved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,562 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/290?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.