Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 672.
#13901 3 years ago

I can’t beleive this is finally happening. After all this time... at the end, it’s better than I thought with the last video. I understand better the pinbar now. They should include option to not stop the game all the time but overall it’s not that a bad idea. It could work as a new experience.
I think you need a lot of ticket to launch modes, that’s why we didn’t saw many modes on the live video. Ok let’s how it goes now.

#13902 3 years ago

It's been so many years I have forgotten what Deeproot has said.

Is this being assembled in the US? Or China?
I don't think people would have an issue with where they are being made.

There has to be a reason why they haven't shown production lines, or capabilities.

I don't care if its quad, octo, or whatever name they want to call it.
I think the industry (at least a large percentage of people anyway) is waaaaaay past putting money down for games, deposit or not, without seeing the manufacturing capabilities of a company.

#13903 3 years ago

Get ready for the fight - RAZA (and Ned) vs. Aliens, who will be the victor?

#13904 3 years ago

Really wish the arcade version was in a normal Williams cab with the big screen much like the CGC remakes, I hate change and just prefer that style of machine. Even the alien cab was to weird for me. Game it self looks pretty cool though. Not seeing any KA prices though?? Order page is like buying a new car with all the options. I do think they will sell though as plenty of ppl out there who want the latest stuff and I guess this is it. But will need to be ready to ship or have a very short ETA.

#13905 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

- deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines

LMAO. That was THREE years ago. Post #10.

If you're buying one these...yeah um...you've dug your own grave.

#13906 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Stern and the others don't do that.

Yet

#13907 3 years ago

On the pro side:
Pinbar: good innovation
Design is great
Glass on pistons
Looks polished
The backglass and lighten cabinet

Cons:
The gameplay is so so
Not a lot of lightning effects
The animations (i thought it was their strength)
The stop and go with the pinbar
The backbox screen is too small

The lack of modes shown: they need to focus more their communication with the actual game and not only with everything else.

Not a bad first attempt. I reserve my judgment with more videos. My wallet is safe for now and yes, they still need to prove they can build attractive games.

If you put an Alien and a RAZA side by side, I think most will go to play the Alien... it needs more polish.
Congratulations to DR anyway. It’s still a decent first shot and yes pinball is hard.

#13908 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

On the pro side:
Pinbar: good innovation
Design is great
Glass on pistons
Looks polished
The backglass and lighten cabinet
Cons:
The gameplay is so so
Not a lot of lightning effects
The animations (i thought it was their strength)
The stop and go with the pinbar
The backbox screen is too small
The lack of modes shown: they need to focus more their communication with the actual game and not only with everything else.
Not a bad first attempt. I reserve my judgment with more videos. My wallet is safe for now and yes, they still need to prove they can build attractive games.
If you put an Alien and a RAZA side by side, I think most will go to play the Alien... it needs more polish.
Congratulations to DR anyway. It’s still a decent first shot and yes pinball is hard.

Pro: NIB game that's under 6k

I do wonder about the $600 support fee..... what the heck is that? What does it cover?

#13909 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I do wonder about the $600 support fee..... what the heck is that? What does it cover?

Yes right. No communication on that for now.

#13910 3 years ago

I'd expect as much "value" out of that $600 support fee, as you'd get for spending $950 on... a box.

#13911 3 years ago

well you do want the login to download the restore image and doing repairing of the DRM dongle don't you?

$600 /year game for updates is an joke unless the code ships 100% done.

#13912 3 years ago

Robert, nothing but a liar, and a con man..
Jpop. Cheap, 2 bit, low rent, con man.

Raza, an abomination 7 years in the making.

When Iceman, a zidware customer who was promised a tour of the plant, was threatened with legal action for asking for a tour he was promised. After Iceman publicly supported the company on this site. And some of you are still thinking these clowns are legit?

Dudes, wise up.

The best thing that could ever happen for pinball is for these two to be completely removed from pinball forever.
They are a cancer.

#13913 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

$600 /year game for updates is an joke unless the code ships 100% done.

I mean...if you remove a lot of the modes/core gameplay and stick it under the DLC banner...maybe that'll happen?

Who are we kidding though? These won't be shipping.

#13914 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Williams is for the new updates, but it's only $15 a pop.

But that is 2th/3rd party mod / update for very old games that is being sold as an officially approved update.

For new stuff at very least you should get 3-5 years of free updates. (now maybe change for online stuff but not basic local game play)

#13915 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Please do not send this company any pre-order money.

You can pay in full if you want.

Look, if they‘re broke as people are suggesting, how‘re they able to order parts.

Not saying I don‘t get the risk, but also saying that it‘s in your guys hands now that there‘ll come anything out of this endeavour.

#13916 3 years ago

If I were running deep root I’d probably Show off my fancy new and fully functioning production line, since I’m asking for money.

It would be a great business move, and would probably spur a lot of sales.

#13917 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Robert, nothing but a liar, and a con man..
Jpop. Cheap, 2 bit, low rent, con man.
Raza, an abomination 7 years in the making.
When Iceman, a zidware customer who was promised a tour of the plant, was threatened with legal action for asking for a tour he was promised. After Iceman publicly supported the company on this site. And some of you are still thinking these clowns are legit?
Dudes, wise up.
The best thing that could ever happen for pinball is for these two to be completely removed from pinball forever.
They are a cancer.

I’m awaiting a response on email I just sent to Robert and the lawyer

Yeah the plant tour is in their own Goodwill Agreement

The last update I got was in June and it said they expected to deliver games by September under the Agreement.

Again, their words

I just need some info here

#13918 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look, if you want the TPOE, you gotta pay up.
In advance.
Tired of being one of those losers enjoying only the Partial Pinball Ownership Experience.
That loser lifestyle ends now!

I wonder if DeepRoot TPOE includes gum stuck under the cab?

#13919 3 years ago

"non-refundable deposits" - good luck with that.

#13920 3 years ago
Gru (resized).jpgGru (resized).jpg
#13921 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m awaiting a response on email I just sent to Robert and the lawyer
Yeah the plant tour is in their own Goodwill Agreement
The last update I got was in June and it said they expected to deliver games by September under the Agreement.
Again, their words
I just need some info here

I’ve got nothing but respect for you iceman. Your level of patience and professionalism in this situation is admirable.

#13922 3 years ago

Well, I wonder where these are going to be manufactured at since they have not shown any manufacturing facilities. You know San Antonio is real close to Mexico. Are they going to be built in Mexico???

#13923 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Well, I wonder where these are going to be manufactured at since they have not shown any manufacturing facilities. You know San Antonio is real close to Mexico. Are they going to be built in Mexico???

I’d imagine .This all is soooo 2020

#13924 3 years ago

Each ones cost if you add everything additional to it. Why is the “Pinpod” less for the xtra edition?

5FA74743-FB74-46E1-8B1E-CDB87FBCB09C (resized).jpeg5FA74743-FB74-46E1-8B1E-CDB87FBCB09C (resized).jpegC05B7791-5326-4F6E-9D01-75AF6CF56F9F (resized).jpegC05B7791-5326-4F6E-9D01-75AF6CF56F9F (resized).jpeg
#13925 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Each ones cost if you add everything additional to it. Why is the “Pinpod” less for the xtra edition?[quoted image][quoted image]

And the arcade addition is only $305 more than the Xtra .

A5C8D42F-64FB-4F9A-9C29-F8A97489A951 (resized).jpegA5C8D42F-64FB-4F9A-9C29-F8A97489A951 (resized).jpeg
#13928 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinbar screen protector?
Oy

Only 90 bucks!

#13929 3 years ago

Pretty good deal compared to the $950 box.

#13930 3 years ago

Paging Mr. Ben Heckendorn. Mr Heckendorn... you are wanted on the red phone....

#13931 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Paging Mr. Ben Heckendorn. Mr Heckendorn... you are wanted on the red phone....

Ben’s playing it smart, be cool, let the dust settle from the night and morning crowd, and then come in when he’s got the floor to himself.

Then we can get the Total Ben Heck Posting Experience.

#13932 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ben’s playing it smart, be cool, let the dust settle from the night and morning crowd, and then come in when he’s got the floor to himself.
Then we can get the Total Ben Heck Posting Experience.

TBHPE, that's a registered trademark....

#13933 3 years ago

The homebrew thing is kinda neat but I really doubt it goes anywhere.

The volumes would be so low for most games. And the royalties? It’s better than nothing, but it’s a couple grand for thousands of hours of work. And that’s assuming you make a pitch they like (and that they don’t just say “no” and make their own version of an idea)

#13934 3 years ago

is there a promised delivery date anywhere?

#13935 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep thinking this is an episode of The Office but I don’t recognize these people.

I loved the "oh wows" from the "Pinball VIPs" for the box reveal.

#13936 3 years ago

Alright I already see a lucrative mod business to undercut deep root. Of course that relies on them selling lots of pin bars to protect in the first place. Bet one can make these for $2 sell for $30 and come out way ahead

#13937 3 years ago

Cabinet looks neat.. still think that pinbar is going to get in the way of short players seeing the flippers

#13938 3 years ago

Calling my distro today for an xtra.

#13939 3 years ago
zombies (resized).jpgzombies (resized).jpg
#13940 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Please let us all know how that works out for you.

I would not be giving these guys any money.

#13941 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The homebrew thing is kinda neat but I really doubt it goes anywhere. The volumes would be so low for most games.

by introducing such a program now, it comes across as if they are fishing for complete ready-to-go games, which could mean that their work in progress games are exactly that - works in progress.

#13942 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

by introducing such a program now, it comes across as if they are fishing for complete ready-to-go games, which could mean that their work in progress games are exactly that - works in progress.

Work in progress= foam core with some blinking lights and really pretty art. And of course, the pinbar. Screen protector sold separately.

#13943 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

It's srsly the worst time to order with that additional import tax.

Well ok, if by the time the game ships, there will still be things like import taxes, borders or countries in general...

#13944 3 years ago

Lol.....
Why are peeps getting their knickers in a twist over that huge Pinpod box container thingy for 950?
Look at all the mugs who paid 1k for that plastic sh^t TMNT topper.
At least you can reuse that box for house moves, storage, stripper grams....etc when not moving pins around....

#13945 3 years ago

Deeproot have seen that pinheads love to spend money.

Expensive plastic toppers - that will be a $1000 thank you.

Strip of led lights - bargain at $400 plus.

Pinbar is clever as its conditioning players to buy stuff in the game.

Once credit card details are stored, it's a small jump to the world of DLC.

Pinbar: gateway to your daily dopamine hit

#13946 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Deeproot have seen that pinheads love to spend money.
Expensive plastic toppers - that will be a $1000 thank you.
Strip of led lights - bargain at $400 plus.
Pinbar is clever as its conditioning players to buy stuff in the game.
Once credit card details are stored, it's a small jump to the world of DLC.
Pinbar: gateway to your daily dopamine hit

you nailed it - we pinheads are gullible simpletons who need protection from the evil pinball industry!

#13947 3 years ago

OK, all in all I like it.

Only things that stand out to me ("usual" GI as an extra was allready known) is RM mentioning what his design additions were (...ok) and that the Ned Toy in the Arcade Edition is static (bummer).

I like being able to "upgrade" the other toys, something people would loved from Stern to get the official Groot Hands for their GotG Pro.

The playfield underbelly seems incredibly packed for a modern machine. Wich is kinda nice but they need to cost optimize. There is too much stuff in there to be competitive to a Stern Pro and still make a decent margin. (Wich is propably why the don't want to involve distributors.)

In addition you can hear the fans in the video, when he lifts it.

He promises a finished game and free updates for one year, so I have no problem with their subscription model.
Maybe they should change it to charge per Download in the Homebrew section in a way that the developer get's a piece of the cake as well, so everyone wins.
Infinite new DLC for customers, by Homebrew-Developers who can make a dime with it as well, and DR inbetween cashing in with a margin.

#13948 3 years ago

I find the home brew 25 units very interesting i can think of a few games that could take this offer up. I wonder how much they would cost at such low volumes though?

#13949 3 years ago

Looks like store credit will only get you an Xtra

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13950 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The homebrew thing is kinda neat but I really doubt it goes anywhere.
The volumes would be so low for most games. And the royalties? It’s better than nothing, but it’s a couple grand for thousands of hours of work. And that’s assuming you make a pitch they like (and that they don’t just say “no” and make their own version of an idea)

They haven’t proven they can build their own games yet. “The Reserve” is the biggest joke yet in this absurdist cavalcade of humor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/279?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.