Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 672.
#13851 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Office 365! Pay to keep up with the latest version, even though Word is still using the same linking dialog box from 1997:

The VBA situation is way worse, especially considering how far MSVS has come. It's literally the same as VB4 back in 1995.

#13852 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That seems to be the number one question .
From all reports they don't even have a production line set up , after all this time that seems a bit suss .
Hopefully for everyone interested in the game , this is untrue .
If deep root or anyone else could show pictures of their Production line , I think it would help put alot people at ease .
[quoted image]

Why they don’t owe anyone a game? They don’t have anyone’s money at all so why show anyone anything until they’re ready to move games? I mean I don’t know how quick JJP is atm but I know day one purchasers here are
In for a 5-8 months wait time for gnr and I know for a AIQ premium it’s a 5 month wait 6 weeks of that being due to the slow boat from the USA but still

#13853 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Why they don’t owe anyone a game? They don’t have anyone’s money at all so why show anyone anything until they’re ready to move games? I mean I don’t know how quick JJP is atm but I know day one purchasers here are
In for a 5-8 months wait time for gnr and I know for a AIQ premium it’s a 5 month wait 6 weeks of that being due to the slow boat from the USA but still

They do owe people games due to their agreement .
It's a pretty simple thing to show a production line to give people confidence in their manufacturing ability .
I ordered my GNR 3 weeks ago and was told it should be here by March .

#13854 3 years ago

"They haven't taken any money"

Except from their investors of course. Guess they don't count as people?

What happens if this goes tits up and ruins pinball as an investment in general? Stern was out of business back in 2009 until some angels saved them. Jack's been saved many times. What if Spooky needs help next (real) recession?

This is why I rag on JPOP. Not just because he's a hack, but because the more he "fails up" the more damage he does to the hobby.

#13855 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"They haven't taken any money"
Except from their investors of course. Guess they don't count as people?
What happens if this goes tits up and ruins pinball as an investment in general? Stern was out of business back in 2009 until some angels saved them. Jack's been saved many times. What if Spooky needs help next (real) recession?
This is why I rag on JPOP. Not just because he's a hack, but because the more he "fails up" the more damage he does to the hobby.

Are you an investor? How much have you made/lost.

#13856 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Are you an investor? How much have you made/lost.

It’s like you didn’t read his post.

Pinball investment fails are bad for pinball, period.

#13857 3 years ago

Several recent podcasts discussing the deeproot leaks. Even Gary Stern briefly weighs in (!)

Looking forward to eventually seeing what mueller officially rolls out.

#13858 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Several recent podcasts discussing the deeproot leaks. Even Gary Stern briefly weighs in (!)

Could you elaborate please or provide some links. Thanks

#13859 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Could you elaborate please or provide some links. Thanks

k-man supposedly interviewed gary stern, but his soundcloud page went dark again. I download podcasts every morning so it must have gotten shutdown between yesterday morning and today.

If I had to guess, Robert probably threatened him for leaking shit (yet again). I'm sure it was something like "You know I'm a fucking lawyer right?! Shut this shit down now before I slap a lawsuit that'll make your head spin"

That guy NEVER learns

#13860 3 years ago

Just fyi, the kaneda shutdown thread says that the GS interview was with a rando GS and not *the* GS.

#13861 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just fyi, the kaneda shutdown thread says that the GS interview was with a rando GS and not *the* GS.

I listened to the first half or so and can confirm.

It‘s nice to speculate but some are srsly loosing foot in reality.
Kaneda interviewing some random Gary Stern, asking about Deeproot is now a business insider? XD

#13862 3 years ago

Correct, he reached out to people named Gary Stern on Facebook, and one person took him up on it.

#13863 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Correct, he reached out to people named Gary Stern on Facebook, and one person took him up on it.

Ha that's pretty funny.

What was rando Gary Stern's take on the situation?

#13864 3 years ago

He didn't know that pinball was still made, Chris asked him some basic questions, it was about 15 minutes. The guy was a good sport.

#13865 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

He didn't know that pinball was still made, Chris asked him some basic questions, it was about 15 minutes. The guy was a good sport.

I have a friend named George Gomez if he needs to fill some more airtime. He's a good sport too.

#13866 3 years ago

No actual Gary Stern on most recent super awesome pinball show (was just a quick part of the interview when talking about Stern plans for wifi)

Ryan did a bunch about it on Jessy Jay episode. Eclectic gamers too. Pinball show and I think some other podcasts

#13867 3 years ago

Does anyone know what the podcast was that Christopher franchi was giving it to Kaneda .

#13868 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone know what the podcast was that Christopher franchi was giving it to Kaneda .

Poor choice of words

#13869 3 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Poor choice of words

LOL , it did sound like Franchi had Kaneda bent over .
The podcast I was wondering about is the pinball nerds .

#13870 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

LOL , it did sound like Franchi had Kaneda bent over .
The podcast I was wondering about is the pinball nerds .

I know it was just teed up for me

#13871 3 years ago

Im done buying RAZA bc my AIQLE has the same spinning target mechanic (Dr. Strange spinner vs. Dizzie spinner) + the theme is kind of similar. I am waiting for JPOP game Nr.2 but will play RAZA a lot on location...AIW 2022?

#13872 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone caught the Goonies cast do a live stream script reading on Saturday. They were answering questions and I tired to ask about DR and the Goonies machine

IMG_8284 (resized).jpgIMG_8284 (resized).jpg
#13873 3 years ago

https://deeprootpinball.com/ Is now LIVE!

7F0E1245-A4B9-4C8F-8287-7C1B84679626 (resized).jpeg7F0E1245-A4B9-4C8F-8287-7C1B84679626 (resized).jpeg9DB83295-BB11-492B-94B5-94C28E53AA13 (resized).jpeg9DB83295-BB11-492B-94B5-94C28E53AA13 (resized).jpeg
#13874 3 years ago

And the LE/Extra "starts" at $9,499

#13875 3 years ago

Gotta love GI as an option for the "Arcade" edition.

#13876 3 years ago

I thought the starting price was lower than 5899. And they want full payment when ordering.

#13877 3 years ago

Could not find the monthly subscription info. Enhanced support probably covers it for a year?

And a box, for $900 bucks. Im sure this will be a big seller!

Screenshot_20201207-133908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201207-133908_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201207-133922_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201207-133922_Chrome (resized).jpg
#13878 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I thought the starting price was lower than 5899. And they want full payment when ordering.

I bet they are adding in a year of the monthly subscription as opposed to base game at 5299

#13879 3 years ago

Base price, $3600 more for the Xtra edition. And I'm only seeing 2 editions, not 3.

$1500 for extended warranty.
$120 for GI lighting. Please tell me this is some type of pinstadium thing, and not Actual GI lighting as an option!

#13880 3 years ago

Pinball is so hard that they had to say it twice!

A177BAD3-47C2-40E4-A431-D6DB5279E27B (resized).jpegA177BAD3-47C2-40E4-A431-D6DB5279E27B (resized).jpeg
#13881 3 years ago

Gotta get them TWIPYs/fulfill their legal agreement with self set deadlines they’ve blown by before

Show some games in boxes. You made fancy boxes FFS

#13882 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:I thought the starting price was lower than 5899. And they want full payment when ordering.

Only if you want to be first in line to receive your game. You can also pay a 10% non-refundable deposit and get placed at the back of the line.

#13884 3 years ago

If you're seriously considering giving your hard earned money to this company, educate yourself on the history of John Popadiuk and Deeproot's batting average for the launches/releases they've promised. If, with that knowledge, you still think that Deeproot will be able to ship a game to you within four months, you deserve whatever happens to you.

#13885 3 years ago

Accepting orders tomorrow!

Screenshot_20201207-161718_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201207-161718_Chrome (resized).jpg
#13886 3 years ago

Please do not send this company any pre-order money.

#13887 3 years ago

A personal thought on the release schedule. I think they're making a mistake. RAZA and MG absolutely make sense but to push other titles in development before Goonies and in my other personal opinion Alice seems like betting on the wrong horse.
If the other titles aren't pinball machines but software apps then they should clarify by breaking them into categories.
Ending on a positive I'm happy to see positive movement again.

#13888 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Please do not send this company any pre-order money.

I cannot possibly give this comment enough thumbs up.

#13889 3 years ago

If you believe in innovation, it’s time to pay up.

A company that throws this many acronyms at you in one stream can’t fail!

#13890 3 years ago

Not only wouldn't I send pre-order money, I wouldn't even consider purchasing this pin until it's been out in the real world for more than a year.

After following this saga for 2.5 years, I'm not confident there won't be build and/or technical issues that Deeproot will take care of in a timely manner, if at all.

#13891 3 years ago

Look, if you want the TPOE, you gotta pay up.

In advance.

Tired of being one of those losers enjoying only the Partial Pinball Ownership Experience.

That loser lifestyle ends now!

#13892 3 years ago

I prefer the look of the 'cheap' arcade edition.

Prefer the trim, not having twinkling leds down the side, and the backbox.

Good news if I were a buyer I guess!

#13894 3 years ago

I keep thinking this is an episode of The Office but I don’t recognize these people.

#13895 3 years ago

Not sure how to decrypt the DLC write up. It’s as if the entire site was written & edited by a lawyer. Oh wait...

9A5AC0DC-A5E5-4ACF-8D61-08EB0C490D6C (resized).jpeg9A5AC0DC-A5E5-4ACF-8D61-08EB0C490D6C (resized).jpeg
#13896 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Not sure how to decrypt the DLC write up. It’s as if the entire site was written & edited by a lawyer. Oh wait...
[quoted image]

Pay for software updates WTF?????

Stern and the others don't do that.

Who do they thing they are INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGIES?? Will updates be online only with hardware keys that need to change each year?

#13897 3 years ago
88483849-B969-4C98-908E-08F548A48521 (resized).jpeg88483849-B969-4C98-908E-08F548A48521 (resized).jpeg
#13898 3 years ago

In Robert's own words "You can buy a topper, or you can buy a Pinpod". Shit, I'd rather have a topper than a reinforced wooden box.

#13899 3 years ago

Cue Mr. Heck in 3... 2... 1....

#13900 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Pay for software updates WTF?????
Stern and the others don't do that.
Who do they thing they are INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGIES?? Will updates be online only with hardware keys that need to change each year?

Williams is for the new updates, but it's only $15 a pop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/278?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.