Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 672.
#13151 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

. Where does JPOP fail up to next?
."

Illinois state senator?

#13152 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I don't think its a scam at all just extremely miss managed when you have access to that much money and some great designers its easy to think we can do what we want and it will be easy. But without all the other great behind the scenes engineers Williams had (Stern have) its actually a very difficult job no matter how much cash you have.
Hopefully they get to the finish line before the cash runs out or some one pulls the plug on the project.
As others have said you basically need George Gomez to work for you for a year and sort this shit out

The basic problem is that there are lots of engineers who can “design” stuff. Usually it’s some mixture of duct tape and bailing wire. These people when successful have lots of other “little people” around them that turn this steaming pile of you know what into something real and a saleable product. They won’t degrade their genius by stooping so low as to figure out what the build plan is for the device nor what tolerances are involved. They are an arteeeest after all. The moment they hired JPOP and didn’t put the necessary multitude of people in place who knew how to practically reduce a design in to a working, polished, reliable, and manufacturable product they were doomed.

#13153 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

These people when successful have lots of other “little people” around them that turn this steaming pile of you know what into something real and a saleable product. ....doomed.

20201113_065602 (resized).png20201113_065602 (resized).png
#13154 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bill spent 100k, AP spent millions, DR spent tens of millions... Where does JPOP fail up to next?
"You gotta see these games man" said Mike Quigley, Congressman for the 5th district of Illinois "They're like, so beautiful and stuff. That why I'm introducing the $1 billion dollar Let's Invest Money Pinball Does Interesting Commerce Credit bill. John Popaduik is the Obama of pinball and he promises a 20 trillion dollar return on investment."

All this energy you keep pouring into the JPOP situation..JPOP-JPOP-JPOP!

Come on Ben.

#13155 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

All this energy you keep pouring into the JPOP situation.

there once was a man from madison
who, if ever he had a son
would keep throwing stones
at the one he'd disown
but instead, has JPOP to piss on.

#13157 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

there once was a man from madison
who, if ever he had a son
would keep throwing stones
at the one he'd disown
instead, he has JPOP to piss on.

2 weeks ago called, they want this poem back!

#13158 3 years ago

All this energy you keep pouring into the JPOP situation..JPOP-JPOP-JPOP!
Would it have killed you to place 1 lousy comment in the Pinball Amigos topic.
Something like: “ hey dudes,i heard i inspired you guys with the Ben Heck show pinball builds,you guys do shitty wiring but good luck on your build”.
We’ve been building for 5 fucking years Ben,all the while you post and post about JPOP...
We would have been super proud.
But hey...there’s JPOP?!
Thanks Ben.

LOL WTF!

Hey dudes Ben Heck inspired you guys with the BH Show pinball builds... good luck!!!!!
....Where's JPOP!?

#13159 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL WTF!
Hey dudes Ben Heck inspired you guys with the BH Show pinball builds... good luck!!!!!
....Where's JPOP!?

Failing upward and still getting paid for incompetence. Nuts lol.

#13160 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL WTF!
....Where's JPOP!?

It’s ridiculous?
Do you think JPOP ever thinks of Ben Heck for longer than 10 seconds?
This man is obsessed with JPOP .

(And JPOP gets off on it lol )

#13161 3 years ago

ROBERT, WHATS TAKING SO LONG???

PINBALL IS EASY!!!

#13162 3 years ago

deeproot saves a lot of money by living rent free in our minds

#13163 3 years ago

It’s ridiculous?
Do you think JPOP ever thinks of Ben Heck for longer than 10 seconds?
This man is obsessed with JPOP .

I don't believe Ben is obsessed with Jpop any more than myself and others are. After all, Jpop is and has been the center of this shit show and Ben has personal insight to the man. I have greatly appreciated Ben's personal and industry contributions to this thread and hope he continues. His wit and humor along the way is a bonus.

(And JPOP gets off on it lol )

Disagree. Jpop has disgraced himself to the pinball world multiple times now. With a personal bankruptcy looming and a legal judgment hanging over his head, Jpop hasn't the luxury of feeling superior to anyone.

#13164 3 years ago

speaking of JPOP, didn't Robert say that John flies in every other week or something? I was under the impression he didn't move down there. If that's the case, how's that working with the pandemic? Illinois has been a hotzone this past week spiking at 15,000 cases just the other day. Pretty sure anyone traveling out of state has to quarantine for 2 weeks.

#13165 3 years ago

Remember for me it's personal. John said I was "making a mistake" by helping Spooky instead of him.

Whoops!

#13166 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Remember for me it's personal. John said I was "making a mistake" by helping Spooky instead of him.

He volunteered you for stuff too. Delivering games or something.

LTG : )

#13167 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Whoops!

Then keep it personal.

#13168 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Then keep it personal.

You seem to be the only person here who is bothered by Ben's fantastic background posts on this whole mess.

The dirt is great and I for one hope he continues to deliver legal advice without a license. It's valuable info that pulls the curtain back, which is surely useful information for prospective consumers of this enterprise.

#13169 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Whoops!

But you did make a mistake! It just wasn't a mistake for YOU! JPOP got screwed man!! LOL

#13170 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You seem to be the only person here who is bothered by Ben's fantastic background posts on this whole mess.
The dirt is great and I for one hope he continues to deliver legal advice without a license. It's valuable info that pulls the curtain back, which is surely useful information for prospective consumers of this enterprise.

Not bothered...just tired of hearing a grown man whine and obsess over and over again. And I’m the only one? Clearly you didn’t read this page and the other pages that preceded it. Thanks for chiming in.

#13171 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Not bothered...just tired of hearing a grown man whine and obsess over and over again. And I’m the only one? Clearly you didn’t read this page and the other pages that preceded it. Thanks for chiming in.

I think you're the only one?

He's beating a dead horse, but we all are. There is nothing else to discuss. Hell deeproot hasn't even bothered to updated their website in two months.

At least Ben is amusing and provides a unique perspective as someone who has dealt with JPop and has relevant experience in the industry. Heck, Ben will likely get his second game out there before JPop finishes RAZA

#13172 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Definitely only one, pinside is where grown men come to moan! It’s every pinsiders right!

#13173 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Definitely only one, pinside is where grown men come to moan! It’s every pinsiders right!

Yeah don’t really get the “grown man” argument.

If you are here, your shit stinks just as much as the next guy. “Get a life” posts always ring ridiculous here.

#13174 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think you're the only one?
He's beating a dead horse, but we all are. There is nothing else to discuss. Hell deeproot hasn't even bothered to updated their website in two months.
At least Ben is amusing and provides a unique perspective as someone who has dealt with JPop and has relevant experience in the industry. Heck, Ben will likely get his second game out there before JPop finishes RAZA

I like Bens expertise and when hearing him it‘s far more „balanced“ then reading an argument, but aside from beating a dead horse he (and some others, *cough* levi *cough*) is pooping on everything and everybody involved, dissecting Steve Bowdens blogposts and whatnot.
It‘s not funny, it‘s bitter, distructive and hurtful to those involved and still invested and yet you guys wonder why most of the guys in the industry refrain from posting on pinside.

#13175 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I like Bens expertise and when hearing him it‘s far more „balanced“ then reading an argument, but aside from beating a dead horse he (and some others, *cough* levi *cough*) is pooping on everything and everybody involved, dissecting Steve Bowdens blogposts and whatnot.
It‘s not funny, it‘s bitter, distructive and hurtful to those involved and still invested and yet you guys wonder why most of the guys in the industry refrain from posting on pinside.

I don't wonder why they don't show up here. There's little benefit, lots of hostility, and I can't imagine any of them are paid enough to deal with internet trolls (nor should they be expected to be available to trolls, or legit fans for that matter)

I'll agree some of the off topic stuff is mildly annoying. But I disagree that it's particularly destructive or hurtful. Most people here are extremely respectful to people like Steve Bowden. People are not respectful to people like JPop and Mueller...because well why should they be? JPop is a crook and Robert's bravado is hella annoying. In between the low effort shit posts, there has been constructive criticism that deeproot should consider. The idea that a small forum thread on a niche website for a niche hobby could be destructive to deeproots business is more a damning statement about deeproot than pinside users.

If this was the video game industry, pretty much everyone in the studio would have been doxed and death threated a half dozen times over. Pinball people are pretty chill in comparison.

#13176 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Whoops!

People that say that, usually do because they know it's the opposite but they are trying to keep you around. I've experienced that a few times.

#13177 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s tons of positive homebrew topics,heavily inspired by Ben Heck.
None of which he ever posted an uplifting comment in.
Instead he likes to keep posting in this negative trainwreck.
I love Ben Heck , he’s funny as hell and sooo talented.
I just wish he came over to the positive topics he fueled over the years.
Why keep throwing mud at JPOP?
JPOP didn’t inspire anybody to build his own pinball or handheld game,you did Ben.
Yes,JPOP still has a job in the pinbal industry...some people know how to sell themselves and their ideas,it boggles me too.
But you are the better man Ben.
You inspire people.
The gluegun superhero.
Come over to the nerds in the basement topics sometimes...who are trying to build something with their few skills and 3 old screwdrivers

#13178 3 years ago

I think I see where you're coming from Rockstar. Glad to be an inspiration to you and others.

My frustration stems from being a hobbyist who turned a machine to production. I was able to do it, many can't, not because they lack the skills (most home-brews are way more impressive than AMH was) but for lack of opportunity.

John destroys opportunity. He destroys wealth. How many Keith Elwins or Scott Danesis could we have discovered with the time and money that was wasted on Zidware, by Bill, by AP, and now deeproot?

What Bill spent trying to save MG alone was 3x what Charlie used to fund Spooky. AP could have saved a great game like TBL instead of Magic Turd.

Python Angelo, who art in heaven, banging Ayn Rand, hallowed be thy name. Thy will of continuing your mission of warning people about Jpop shall be done.

#13179 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think I see where you're coming from Rockstar. Glad to be an inspiration to you and others.
My frustration stems from being a hobbyist who turned a machine to production. I was able to do it, many can't, not because they lack the skills (most home-brews are way more impressive than AMH was) but for lack of opportunity.
John destroys opportunity. He destroys wealth. How many Keith Elwins or Scott Danesis could we have discovered with the time and money that was wasted on Zidware, by Bill, by AP, and now deeproot?
What Bill spent trying to save MG alone was 3x what Charlie used to fund Spooky. AP could have saved a great game like TBL instead of Magic Turd.
Python Angelo, who art in heaven, banging Ayn Rand, hallowed be thy name. Thy will of continuing your mission of warning people about Jpop shall be done.

People surrounded by “mystique” rarely also have the ability to execute. Execution requires having dogged attention to detail, organization, practical reduction. AMH came off because at some point you said “how do I get this done ?” JPOP has never had that concern. There is always someone there to foot the bill or bail him out for whatever whimsy he has. I don’t even particularly think his designs are all that magical to begin with. But people love a good story and I bet he has many. And you are dead on right here. I too would be indignant about the wasted resources on this guy that could have been put to better use for all of pinball.

#13180 3 years ago

As the officiall inofficial countdown counter and numbers guy, I just wanted to run some numbers.

It's been TWO months since Deeproot retracted from their launch event.

There were ZERO official updates since then on their site or social media (frankly, the black page looks like a death notice).
There was a big update on TWIP, as you all know, wich in itself is also nearly TWO months old.

According to their own revised planning Deeproot has about ONE month left to make Zidware customers whole, by the end of the year.

While this is very thrilling and I'm happy to collect your money to take bets I will not run a countdown to new years eve without further incentive from Deeproot.

(Edit: I will give you a new numbers update, January 1st latest.)

#13181 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

As the officiall inofficial countdown counter and numbers guy, I just wanted to run some numbers.
It's been TWO months since Deeproot retracted from their launch event.
There were ZERO official updates since then on their site or social media (frankly, the black page looks like a death notice).
There was a big update on TWIP, as you all know, wich in itself is also nearly TWO months old.
According to their own revised planning Deeproot has about ONE month left to make Zidware customers whole, by the end of the year.
While this is very thrilling and I'm happy to collect your money to take bets I will not run a countdown to new years eve without further incentive from Deeproot.

Talk about “beating a dead horse.”

#13182 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Talk about “beating a dead horse.”

Even the guy beating the dead horse is now dead at this point

#13183 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Even the guy beating the dead horse is now dead at this point

At least it's a "Road to Deeproot" horse and not the misled "Stern Army" horse.

#13184 3 years ago
office (resized).jpgoffice (resized).jpg
#13185 3 years ago

I've been through the desert on a horse with no legs
It felt good to be numb from the pain
In the desert, you can't remember your drain
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no game.

La, la, la, la-la-la, la-la-la, la, la

#13186 3 years ago

In the year twenty twenty
John has scammed plenty of money
Deeproot has helped him to
Build a game that plays like poo

In the year thirty thousand ten
Old Jpop is at it again
Got some aliens to pony up cash
For a game that still plays like ass

In the year ten million and eight
The RAZA game is still very late
All the buyers have since turned to dust
Never fulfilling their purple lust

In the year ten billion one
Earth has been absorbed by the sun
John took a rocket deep into space
To quote "finish RAZA at his own pace"

In the year octillion nintety-nine
John has finally gotten the hinges just fine
Nobody knows which will come first
RAZA or the heat death of the universe

Whoah oh oooooh....

#13187 3 years ago
zzz1go4n7 (resized).jpgzzz1go4n7 (resized).jpg
#13188 3 years ago

Dead horse got‘em to (marginally) update their website.

#13189 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dead horse got‘em to (marginally) update their website.

And no one cares said all the villagers to the boy who cried wolf.

#13190 3 years ago

jesus, they're down to a blank page now?

This is literally "the lights have been turned off".

Not how you build momentum for a product.

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.49.23 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-20 at 8.49.23 AM (resized).png
#13191 3 years ago

Maybe some news coming soon. I sure hope that we see a picture of the factory building the arcade style of RAZA.

#13192 3 years ago

Wrong thread.

#13193 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

"'em" cared.

#13194 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

but they got the investor money so that is the only thing that they really need.

#13195 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but they got the investor money so that is the only thing that they really need.

#13196 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Maybe some news coming soon. I sure hope that we see a picture of the factory building the arcade style of RAZA.

For the sake of the Goodwill people, I'm sincerely hoping too. But man, Deeproot repeatedly makes awkward moves and the Goodwill people have to be feeling disillusioned.

#13197 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

jesus, they're down to a blank page now?
This is literally "the lights have been turned off".
Not how you build momentum for a product.[quoted image]

maybe next week they'll show the brick wall falling apart again.

#13198 3 years ago

Amazing...

018EF681-6D5B-47CD-8890-C81A0A7272B8 (resized).png018EF681-6D5B-47CD-8890-C81A0A7272B8 (resized).png
#13199 3 years ago

Wait...So their big reveal will be at a brew pub in San Antonio?

Not with a bang but a whimper.

#13200 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Amazing...[quoted image]

Interesting - wonder what we can bitch about now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/264?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.