Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 672.
#12851 3 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

So did anyone get their free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt?

They can't even make and ship a fucking t-shirt but we're supposed to believe they will make and ship more games than Stern.

#12852 3 years ago

Why is anyone still talking about this disaster?

GNR just completely destroyed RAZA in every single way. Except the wraparound back glass. That is literally the only interesting thing to come of this dumpster fire.

#12853 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why is anyone still talking about this disaster?

Because I'm $9500 "in the rear".

#12854 3 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

So did anyone get their free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt?

No. deeproot is showing the shirt design (fabric blend ratios, proprietary silk-screening process, patented tagging system etc.) to pinball media outlets first, under NDA, for feedback. At which point they’ll redesign it and send it to you in 3 years.

-Doug

#12855 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Wasnt haggis pinball hammering their playfields first?

They showed a video first... but in response to the hammer topic already lead by deep root. Robert started this trying to one up stern/jjp when their playfield issues were the topic of the hour. Haggis just pulled a “me too” but like everyone... beat deeproot in time to market

#12856 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So it ships with a permanent playfield protector installed?

It’s basically a factory hardtop product . But at the start he was talking about having it not be glued but held by hardware. Not sure where they ended up

#12857 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, they fired the first shot in the stupidest pinball war in history.
If you are a Martian watching drooling idiots on earth hammer perfectly good pinball playfields what are you possibly thinking about humanity?

I suppose it depends upon whether your Martian image is on that RAZA playfield.

#12858 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pardon my ignorance, I must have missed it somewhere along in this meaningful discussion..
Can someone explain or point to a reference of what the different editions of RAZA contain?
What is a RAZA Xtra?
Thank you. I am just wanting to receive a working machine.

We‘re beyond facts, so better read the TWIP arcticle from Sept. 22nd.

#12859 3 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

No. deeproot is showing the shirt design (fabric blend ratios, proprietary silk-screening process, patented tagging system etc.) to pinball media outlets first, under NDA, for feedback. At which point they’ll redesign it and send it to you in 3 years.
-Doug

Hey, no need to get sarcastic!

At least when we finally get it, it will be the most revolutionary and fantatically spectacular shirt we have ever owned!

I’ve even heard they’re working on a third arm hole that will reduce average arm-hole-search-time by 25%!

No one else in the industry is innovating like this. The industry is just stuck in the past with two holes.

This feature alone will make every other shirt-selling pinball company look like a joke so let’s just give them a chance.

#12860 3 years ago

I think deeproot may have finally learned that “silence is golden”.

#12861 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I think deeproot may have finally learned that “silence is golden”.

Countdown: ∞

#12862 3 years ago

No new date, no time line, no more money?
No more pinball is easy...

#12863 3 years ago

Nah, still easy

#12864 3 years ago

They are hoping to ship before the end of the year and then there is this little doozy for a non-existent product "Some modes and features will require an extra cost or a support plan. More on this will be announced when we start taking orders."

#12865 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

They are hoping to ship before the end of the year and then there is this little doozy for a non-existent product "Some modes and features will require an extra cost or a support plan. More on this will be announced when we start taking orders."

Where did you got those infos? End of the year is soon... why not showing a working prototype until then?

#12866 3 years ago

They sent a letter to idiots like me who didn't take the cash.

#12867 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

So you get a game and a bill now?

#12868 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So you get a game and a bill now?

Probably just the bill and a bit more bragging and then more broken promises.

#12869 3 years ago

This thread is a self-inflicted wound. I continually punish myself by scrolling through every 100 new posts of nothingness. I hope this doesn't come up in my therapy session again.

#12870 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Where did you got those infos? End of the year is soon... why not showing a working prototype until then?

Sarcasm my friend. DR is not shipping anything, anytime soon. Not the end of this year, not the end of next year. You get the point.

EDIT, so that was a real thing lol. It just keeps getting worse.

#12871 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sarcasm my friend. DR is not shipping anything, anytime soon. Not the end of this year, not the end of next year. You get the point.
EDIT, so that was a real thing lol. It just keeps getting worse.

At least we have learned 2 things with deep root: pinball is easy and they « hope » a LOT.

I guess we need the 8 planets Align.

#12872 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Thanks for sharing. At least this is an info. I hope you’re ok with your NDA and going to jail
(sarcasm)

#12873 3 years ago

258 pages. Still not sure what I've learned.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just a speculation thread...

#12874 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

then there is this little doozy for a non-existent product "Some modes and features will require an extra cost or a support plan. More on this will be announced when we start taking orders."

Wtf. Just when you think they can’t be any more inept they throw something like that out.

#12875 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Quoted from frolic:

Wtf. Just when you think they can’t be any more inept they throw something like that out.

First that, and then the indication that if they do ever make games, Zidware people get the entry-level version. I would have thought the pain, suffering, and continued support through (how many?) delays would at least warrant the middle model. They were intending to fly people to TPF, pay admission, pay for meals, and put them up for the weekend, but now can't upgrade their model past the budget version? That's shitty...and then you get DLC'd on the back-end?!?

The phrasing "support plan" on a pinball machine screams planned incomplete initial code, but pay to get the new versions.

#12876 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Amen brotha'. Now I gotta' take an "Xtra" model to get what we thought we were getting back when we were even bigger dopes.
Just gimme' all you got and keep the store credit. I've suffered enough.

#12877 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Amen brotha'. Now I gotta' take an "Xtra" model to get what we thought we were getting back when we were even bigger dopes.
Just gimme' all you got and keep the store credit. I've suffered enough.

Well, while I fully understand you I‘m glad they still try at all at this point.
And the Arcade Edition should still be worth more then what they repaid people, right? (Weren‘t it only 5K they refund?)

#12878 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think they needed a final dagger to fall on, however if they did this would be it with the pinball community!

#12879 3 years ago

"Tap the PinBar(tm) to spend your DeepBucks(tm) on this Magical Rubber Duck(tm) in the Retro Atomic Doesn't Contain Any Zombies John Just Wanted to Make a Carnival Game Because He's Obsessed With Python Angelo Who Ironically Hates His Guts Adventureland!"

#12880 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, while I fully understand you I‘m glad they still try at all at this point.
And the Arcade Edition should still be worth more then what they repaid people, right? (Weren‘t it only 5K they refund?)

I don't mean to be so cynical, I suppose it's my fault for not reading all available articles relating to the release.
Last I heard, it was just another delay. Now I have to consider choosing if I want an entry level or a "really special" level machine.

#12881 3 years ago

See how awesome that Pinbar is. simple menus, interactivity, *cough* charge you money for features *cough*
Oh wait, I just remembered something. DLC is a moot point if you never ship a game.

#12882 3 years ago

So the new countdown is now the end of the year?

#12883 3 years ago

Haggis pinball has starting shipping Celts ... think it's 4 or 5 guys buliding those....

#12884 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I don't mean to be so cynical, I suppose it's my fault for not reading all available articles relating to the release.

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a ‘release’ quite yet. You’ve probably got a few more years.

#12885 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a ‘release’ quite yet. You’ve probably got a few more years.

Yeah the "available articles" relating to "release" are few and far between, so don't feel like you missed out on any info.

#12886 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So the new countdown is now the end of the year?

Yes, they will have a world wide release and people all over the world will be celebrating the comming year of deeproot!
There will be fireworks all over the planet, and champagne!
20201021_072532 (resized).jpg20201021_072532 (resized).jpg

That ....or another delay

#12887 3 years ago

Finally 5 days. This will be true 5 days, weeks, years from now

#12888 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

258 pages. Still not sure what I've learned.
I'm starting to wonder if this is just a speculation thread...

It probably make sense when we get to 300 pages of nothing, to send us back to page 1

#12889 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Last I heard, it was just another delay. Now I have to consider choosing if I want an entry level or a "really special" level machine.

I think most here like the Arcade Edition best (since it looks the most normal) and I‘d not throw additional money in at this point.

I hope they don‘t want you to make that decision NOW???

#12890 3 years ago

Will this thread be longer than the Kickstarter coffee table book? I guess only time will tell for either.

#12891 3 years ago

Countdown: ∞ - 1

#12892 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Tap the PinBar(tm) to spend your DeepBucks(tm) on this Magical Rubber Duck(tm) in the Retro Atomic Doesn't Contain Any Zombies John Just Wanted to Make a Carnival Game Because He's Obsessed With Python Angelo Who Ironically Hates His Guts Adventureland!"

What is the ratio of Heck Nickels to Deep Bucks?

#12893 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

What is the ratio of Heck Nickels to Deep Bucks?

Same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

#12894 3 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Quoted from benheck:

Hah! I f****** called it! I also wonder where the money will come from for the wireless data plan so the machine can be "always connected".

#12895 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

to be fair didn't Python hate everybody on earth besides Ayn Rand?

It's tough being a genius when everybody else is an idiot. Believe me I know!

#12896 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He does?

Thought he‘s dead.

#12897 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

He does?
Thought he‘s dead.

As long as his epic TOPcast exists, so too shall he!

#12898 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's tough being a genius when everybody else is an idiot. Believe me I know!

Now that is funny. Best joke I've seen in a while.

#12899 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Time to add RADCAZJJWMCGBHOWPAWIHHGA to the Pinside game acronym database....

#12900 3 years ago

Came across this on the Deeproot instagram page - the date and the caption say it all

3B8D200A-1174-493A-943D-96F0EBC45037 (resized).png3B8D200A-1174-493A-943D-96F0EBC45037 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/258?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.