• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 669.
#12801 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

That commercial used to scare the shit outta me as a kid. Still kinda creepy, maybe less than Deeproot tho

#12802 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

That commercial used to scare the shit outta me as a kid.

I guess I was old enough to only wonder how that wagon went straight through a perfectly good cabinet door. Looking back, some of those ads were pretty darn entertaining. Compared to say SuperBeets or LimuEmu and Doug.

#12803 3 years ago

Even the commercials were better in the magical 1970s!

#12804 3 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the 5 days of deeproot

#12805 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

So nothing then..... mmm k
Maybe tomorrow.

Eh, id go with maybe not, but this thread is still fun.

Now back on track to keep the topic police on point.

Food Truck Multiball Fried Cheese mode? Select 1 of 6 cheeses(Fumanda Cheese is selectable in Adult mode only), age to its perfection(in pinball time) shoot the shedder for insta-jackpot, or go for fried perfection, aged and point wise, with the insta-frypot-multiball. You know, the whole enchilada! Imagine ordering food from the Pinbar(tm). Yes Ive mentioned it before, but that is my (TM) idea. Food ordering while playing.

#12806 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even the commercials were better in the magical 1970s!

Oh, but we were so gullible.

#12807 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice hat Levi!
I'm still marveling at the special effects in those old Chuckwagon ads.

That shit was tight back in the day!

#12808 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I'm really looking forward to the 5 days of deeproot

Is it days or daze?

#12809 3 years ago

The 80s might have the top TV ad of all time.

#12810 3 years ago

Why do pinball buyers all want nostalgia?

We learned it by watching you, Odin!! We learned it by watching you!!

#12811 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The 80s might have the top TV ad of all time.

I didnt even know what drugs were, until pinball told me not to do them!

don't use drugs (resized).JPGdon't use drugs (resized).JPG
#12812 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do pinball buyers all want nostalgia?

We learned it by watching you, Odin!! We learned it by watching you!!

No, I learned it from you guys.

You want the past? Really? Well, here you go...

#12813 3 years ago

Buffering ........

#12814 3 years ago

When deeproot goes under I hope the designers games get sold so another company can make them

#12815 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

When deeproot goes under I hope the designers games get sold so another company can make them

So far, that never happens. Company goes tits up and it’s over.

There’s really no incentive for a an actual pinball company like Stern or JJP to finish some half ass fantasy designs produced within a fake pinball company. You just don’t get much - if any - benefit from it. May as well finish your OWN games that you have in the pipeline rather than crowbar Food Truck into the production pipeline.

#12816 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So far, that never happens. Company goes tits up and it’s over.
There’s really no incentive for a an actual pinball company like Stern or JJP to finish some half ass fantasy designs produced within a fake pinball company. You just don’t get much - if any - benefit from it. May as well finish your OWN games that you have in the pipeline rather than crowbar Food Truck into the production pipeline.

I've heard stories of mold companies that go out of business, and rather than try to sell them as the molds they are (which work perfectly fine), they have an agreement with the customers they don't want those designs to get molded by some other company, so they literally take a hammer and dent the steel then sell the metal for scrap.

#12817 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I didnt even know what drugs were, until pinball told me not to do them![quoted image]

Why would anybody ever think a pinball arcade was a great place to do drugs?

#12818 3 years ago

Magic Girl is the Pet Rock of the pinball world.

#12819 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Magic Girl is the Pet Rock of the pinball world.

Pet rocks were cheap and plentiful.

#12820 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And they worked.

#12821 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And they worked.

Only resemblance of a pet rock and Magic Girl is that neither one of them did squat.
The Pet Rock did make money.

#12822 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And they worked.

Best. Comment. Ever.

#12823 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pet Rock Bar ™

petrockbar (resized).jpgpetrockbar (resized).jpg
#12824 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Sorry for the confusion, we didn't have a seminar...that was meant to be a joke!

Seminar is a joke or Deeproot is a joke?

Just joking!

#12825 3 years ago

Gottlieb games (premier) developement time was between 12 to 15 weeks (mario bros, gladiators...), WMS 12 to 15 months. Could you beleive that! The « Premier » are not the best games for sure but anyway, look at what they were capable to do in such a short times: working and fun pins. At the end it’s what to be expected. Why so long to reinvent everything for at the end .... nothing.
I don’t think we’ll see anything at the Virtual expo. Not so surpised.

#12826 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Gottlieb games (premier) developement time was between 12 to 15 weeks (mario bros, gladiators...), WMS 12 to 15 months. Could you beleive that! The « Premier » are not the best games for sure but anyway, look at what they were capable to do in such a short times: working and fun pins. At the end it’s what to be expected. Why so long to reinvent everything for at the end .... nothing.
I don’t think we’ll see anything at the Virtual expo. Not so surpised.

gladiators was Zelda --- American Gladiators --- Try to go Back to Zelda --- Gladiators. All of that in 12 to 15 weeks????

#12827 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

gladiators was Zelda --- American Gladiators --- Try to go Back to Zelda --- Gladiators. All of that in 12 to 15 weeks????

That's the reason why Zelda and American gladiators were cancelled. To short dev time. Here we can't compare, we are at 9 years for RAZA ?? even if reworked couple of time. It's time to show a working pin, that was my point.

#12828 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

That's the reason why Zelda and American gladiators were cancelled. To short dev time. Here we can't compare, we are at 9 years for RAZA ?? even if reworked couple of time. It's time to show a working pin, that was my point.

Zelda was the plan but then American gladiators (a big tv thing at the time) came up with Need to have game now and the deal did not work out and they had change it right at the end with no time to go back to Zelda

#12829 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

gladiators was Zelda --- American Gladiators --- Try to go Back to Zelda --- Gladiators.

Gladiators was the best choice, because it would have cost bookoo bucks to get Malibu and Joe Theismann on board for American Gladiators.

#12830 3 years ago

Oh, but what could have been.

ScientificDeepBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gifScientificDeepBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif
#12831 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gladiators was the best choice, because it would have cost bookoo bucks to get Malibu and Joe Theismann on board for American Gladiators.

maybe just mike adamle then

#12832 3 years ago

Speaking of Zelda, Robert should have used all that money to get some "unobtanium" licenses like Harry Potter, Anything 2D Disney or Nintendo.

Get Lion King, Zelda, Mario, Harry Potter, let an experienced designer like Nordman design it and they'd have a line of customers beating a path to their door. (or put all hands on deck for Goonies)

Instead they put yet another art package on a turd that's been swirling around the bowl for the last 8 years.

#12833 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of Zelda, Robert should have used all that money to get some "unobtanium" licenses like Harry Potter, Anything 2D Disney or Nintendo.
Get Lion King, Zelda, Mario, Harry Potter, let an experienced designer like Nordman design it and they'd have a line of customers beating a path to their door. (or put all hands on deck for Goonies)
Instead they put yet another art package on a turd that's been swirling around the bowl for the last 8 years.

They still can’t get the games built though

Getting a popular licensing deal is a problem that can be solved by throwing money at it, unlike finalizing a design and getting units in boxes.

I assume they don’t do Goonies first because they want to use a lesser demand title to figure out the manufacturing process with less pressure and expectations. At the same time, I’m probably giving them too much credit in that logic. Robert likely saw some art and figured it surely must be ready for the line

#12834 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert likely saw some art and figured it surely must be ready for the line

Ready for what line?

#12835 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ready for what line?

As Met would say. The End of the Line.. Game over

#12836 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ready for what line?

The one that will produce more pins than anyone else in 2019

#12837 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ready for what line?

The red line trough pinball is easy

not-easy-button-150x150 (resized).pngnot-easy-button-150x150 (resized).png
#12838 3 years ago

Still watching the recorded Expo streams.

Saw the video from Mirco, hammer testing the new playfield clear.

Seems Deeproot is getting passed by from about everyone...

...but hey, at least their bragging lead to the Hammer test!

This is why competition is good.

#12839 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Still watching the recorded Expo streams.
Saw the video from Mirco, hammer testing the new playfield clear.
Seems Deeproot is getting passed by from about everyone...
...but hey, at least their bragging lead to the Hammer test!
This is why competition is good.

Wasnt haggis pinball hammering their playfields first?

#12840 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes, they fired the first shot in the stupidest pinball war in history.

If you are a Martian watching drooling idiots on earth hammer perfectly good pinball playfields what are you possibly thinking about humanity?

#12841 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yeah but Haggis doesn't use an all wood playfield. They do a thinner wood playfield with a layer of acrylic on top, similar to what Bally was doing on Elektra.

#12842 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Haggis taped a piece of plastic over the playfield and hammered on it. The last I heard, they had not come up with their official method of attaching said piece of plastic to the wood. It was good marketing on their part...nobody would remember their name today if it were not for that video.

#12843 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, they fired the first shot in the stupidest pinball war in history.
If you are a Martian watching drooling idiots on earth hammer perfectly good pinball playfields what are you possibly thinking about humanity?

I like the war. I hate shit playfields. If said war changes said shit playfields into not shit playfields, humans will overcome global warming.

#12844 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah but Haggis doesn't use an all wood playfield. They do a thinner wood playfield with a layer of acrylic on top, similar to what Bally was doing on Elektra.

So it ships with a permanent playfield protector installed?

#12845 3 years ago

What day of the expo can I see the mirco pf demonstation

#12846 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So it ships with a permanent playfield protector installed?

It's much thicker than that. It's not a sheet of plastic that will lift and contort like a playfield protector might.

Think of it as two playfields sandwiched together. One of wood, one of plastic. I don't know the exact thickness of each layer, but it's much closer to 50/50 than a few mm of plastic on top of the standard playfield.

#12847 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What day of the expo can I see the mirco pf demonstation

It's near the beginning of day 3. Which is one of the only two videos to be archived.

His son runs around during it, so he is mildly distracted while he reads his prepared notes. But it's a good demonstration of the minimal damaged with an over torqued star post (to the point that the post is breaking) and that his clear doesn't chip when hit with a hammer.

#12848 3 years ago

So did anyone get their free limited run deeproot Hammer Tested (TM) T-Shirt?

#12849 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Yes, but Deeproot was first to offer orange-peel

#12850 3 years ago

Pardon my ignorance, I must have missed it somewhere along in this meaningful discussion..

Can someone explain or point to a reference of what the different editions of RAZA contain?
What is a RAZA Xtra?

Thank you. I am just wanting to receive a working machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/257 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.