Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 672.
#12751 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You don't work very hard when the money's already in the bank, especially if you're a lazy hack has-been who gets all their ideas from EMs.

Now you're operating an overpowered tanning bed without a license.

#12752 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Now you're operating an overpowered tanning bed without a license.

Haha, and now we know why Robert was so triggered by my advice.

BECAUSE IT WAS RIGHT.

#12753 3 years ago

The six of us that went to deeproot will be joining the Virtual Pinball Expo for a live Q&A about deeproot tomorrow evening.

We will sit and stare at the camera in silence for the entire hour.

#12754 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've often said the secret behind Spooky's success is the fact we had to make games to make money, instead of getting the money ahead of time.
You don't work very hard when the money's already in the bank, especially if you're a lazy hack has-been who gets all their ideas from EMs.

How do you really feel about Jpop Ben? LOL

DR had loads of cash upfront as well. Burning cash with no output is not a sound business model?

#12755 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The six of us that went to deeproot will be joining the Virtual Pinball Expo for a live Q&A about deeproot tomorrow evening.

This should be a hoot. Just reading the chat window should be interesting.
Thanks for warning us.

#12756 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

One of you should ceremonially rip an NDA in half on camera, then give us the real scoop. Until then, zero interest.

#12757 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One of you should ceremonially rip an NDA in half on camera, then give us the real scoop. Until then, zero interest.

Is that not the business model at work here?

#12758 3 years ago

Zero!!!

Prepare for letdown and a fun virtual Expo everyone.

#12759 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

You‘re shilling me?

#12760 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you really feel about Jpop Ben? LOL
DR had loads of cash upfront as well. Burning cash with no output is not a sound business model?

Hey I used to think he was cool. Still remember first time I played Theater of Magic.

But you're only as good as your last gig and the last 10 years have been a joke. All these companies are like women becoming a guy's 3rd, 4th or 5th wife and thinking "I'll be the one to change him!

#12761 3 years ago

What are the current odds that Derproot eventually sells games?
I'm starting to think it's less than 50:50. Maybe 60:40 against.
Seems like we may just see an announcement that "adverse conditions and factors beyond our control dictate abandoning the pinball market".

#12762 3 years ago

Should hire George Gomez for $750,000 per year for 5 year contract with 3 years guaranteed. Go with his opinion and make some games. Robert would save millions over that period of time and it would probably be enough cash for George to walk (for retirement) - everyone wins.

#12763 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey I used to think he was cool. Still remember first time I played Theater of Magic.
But you're only as good as your last gig and the last 10 years have been a joke. All these companies are like women becoming a guy's 3rd, 4th or 5th wife and thinking "I'll be the one to change him!

Brutal takedown!

#12764 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Should hire George Gomez for $750,000 per year for 5 year contract with 3 years guaranteed. Go with his opinion and make some games. Robert would save millions over that period of time and it would probably be enough cash for George to walk (for retirement) - everyone wins.

Except those who need after purchase support..

#12765 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I’ll take a crack at it for half that.... can’t do much worse than what they’re doing already.

#12766 3 years ago

And any news ?

#12767 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And any news ?

No.

#12768 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What are the current odds that Derproot eventually sells games?
I'm starting to think it's less than 50:50. Maybe 60:40 against.
Seems like we may just see an announcement that "adverse conditions and factors beyond our control dictate abandoning the pinball market".

Zilcho. They can't even finish the easy part (a prototype) and there's no manufacturing to be seen.

Oh well. At least a lot of old pinball designers got nice paychecks for a few years.

#12769 3 years ago

Where's the manufacturing, Deeproot?

B8OKxpRCYAEwBSa 1 (resized).jpgBKxpRCYAEwBSa 1 (resized).jpg
#12770 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And any news ?

Jeff has his panel talking about Deeproot between not at all and never, make sure to tune in!

We'll see if they stick with their original plan revealing the setup thingy on expo.
(Edit: Expo Team says it's not happening - on their turf at least.)

Since their site is black with the Sept.21st info, their FB page as well and Fun with Bonus without Deeproot news for 9 days, it's not looking good to say the least - but we still have some days to go.

#12771 3 years ago

hey guys any news? WHen is RAZA shipping?

#12772 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Fun with Bonus without Deeproot news for 9 days

I have a ton of respect for Steve and do NOT want to put words in his mouth, but that FWB info dump struck me as "let's at least share everything we've accomplished for posterity before they pull the plug."

#12773 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

hey guys any news? WHen is RAZA shipping?

Soon, after the next reveal. Approximately 2...yrs

#12774 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I have a ton of respect for Steve and do NOT want to put words in his mouth, but that FWB info dump struck me as "let's at least share everything we've accomplished for posterity before they pull the plug."

I don't think he'd do so... at least not consciously.

Usual assumption would be that they post stuff to keep up the interrest; but then again they don't have any rules of communication given the fact that employees posted a lot of in development stuff while their official communication channels are dead.

#12775 3 years ago

The deeproot Expo stream Jeff announced is actually on at this very moment.

They're filming the empty room for the next 15 minutes. XD

#12776 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since their site is black with the Sept.21st info, their FB page as well and Fun with Bonus without Deeproot news for 9 days, it's not looking good to say the least - but we still have some days to go.

There used to be quite a bit of content but now all of their sites resemble domain squatters.

https://deeprootfunds.com/
https://deeproottech.com/
https://deeprootpinball.com/

#12777 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There used to be quite a bit of content but now all of their sites resemble domain squatters.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but they look the same as I remember?

#12778 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

They were never great, but now they're certainly more meager than before.

#12779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think that team page needs to be updated.

#12780 3 years ago

So what's the deal with Deeproot?

Are they gonna release something for those of us that don't give a fuck about Guns N Roses, Avengers, Led Zeppelin or any of that other super old bullshit?

#12781 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So what's the deal with Deeproot?
Are they gonna release something for those of us that don't give a fuck about Guns N Roses, Avengers, Led Zeppelin or any of that other super old bullshit?

Cutting edge stuff like the 80s inspired Merlins Arcade, The Who, and the Goonies.

But for those that like super old bullshit, how about an Old Testament pin?

Really covering all their bases.

#12782 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The only notable thing is that they’re recently trying to fill a position in parts procurement.

#12783 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Cutting edge stuff like the 80s inspired Merlins Arcade, The Who, and the Goonies.

But for those that like super old bullshit, how about an Old Testament pin?

Really covering all their bases.

Wow, I'm just blown away.

How long will we have to wait for Food Truck? Or will that be a throwback to a time none of us care to remember too.

DSC4194 (resized).jpgDSC4194 (resized).jpg

#12784 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow, I'm just blown away.
How long will we have to wait for Food Truck? Or will that be a throwback to a time none of us care about too?
[quoted image]

Someone tell Robert kids are really into chuck wagons

B114AC25-0356-4DE9-9F8A-792013AA8AB8 (resized).jpegB114AC25-0356-4DE9-9F8A-792013AA8AB8 (resized).jpeg
#12785 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Someone tell Robert kids are really into chuck wagons
[quoted image]

Been there...

chuck (resized).pngchuck (resized).png
#12786 3 years ago
ThriftySomberGrasshopper-size_restricted.gifThriftySomberGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif
#12787 3 years ago
PoliticalBareBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gifPoliticalBareBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif
#12788 3 years ago

Remember these ?

the-automat-birth-of-a-fast-food-nations-featured-photo (resized).jpgthe-automat-birth-of-a-fast-food-nations-featured-photo (resized).jpg
#12789 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Did this happen yet?

#12790 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Did this happen yet?

Yes, they streamed an empty room for 15 minutes yesterday.

#12791 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Remember these ? [quoted image]

What do you mean with "remember"?

febo-dutch-automat (resized).jpgfebo-dutch-automat (resized).jpg
#12792 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, they streamed an empty room for 15 minutes yesterday.

wait, thats not a joke? Thats actually what happened?

#12793 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Did this happen yet?

Sorry for the confusion, we didn't have a seminar...that was meant to be a joke!

#12794 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What do you mean with "remember"?
[quoted image]

Yeah not sure what they are talking about...

Now gimme some fried cheese!

9D63D1AC-10D1-4DA4-AC66-3E16FC881D74 (resized).jpeg9D63D1AC-10D1-4DA4-AC66-3E16FC881D74 (resized).jpeg
#12795 3 years ago

Nice hat Levi!

I'm still marveling at the special effects in those old Chuckwagon ads.

#12796 3 years ago

Levi at the febo, thats oldschool man. We have fry boutiques now

#12797 3 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:

Levi at the febo, thats oldschool man. We have fry boutiqes now [quoted image]

Ha yeah I think that was at Utrecht Central station!

Always pick up a fried cheese snack on the way through!

#12798 3 years ago

So nothing then..... mmm k

Maybe tomorrow.

#12799 3 years ago

So there was a countdown to a livestream of a wall? This is getting so pathetic, it's... Awesome! When does the next countdown start?

#12800 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

When does the next countdown start?

It just ended. 3 PM. Beerthirty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.