Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 672.
#12601 3 years ago

6 days left...

#12602 3 years ago

Iv lost all my excitement with these count downs, they mean nothing these days.

#12603 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

What does deeproot have left to "reveal"? They've blown their load.

#12604 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What does deeproot have left to "reveal"? They've blown their load.

A working , playable proto . Not for sale mind you , because they’re only able to produce one or two . But it would be nice to see a finished , operable proof of concept even if they can’t build them .

#12605 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

While I totally agree, I still look forward to ther virtual expo and Steve Ritchies "doing drugs" Seminar.

If Deeproot manages to show us something like they intended, that's a nice bonus.

#12606 3 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

A working , playable proto . Not for sale mind you , because they’re only able to produce one or two . But it would be nice to see a finished , operable proof of concept even if they can’t build them .

They need to prove that they can build a working pin. We’ll see for the rest...
Lot of homebrews has been built in house’by one person, why not a big company after couple of years.

#12607 3 years ago

Are you sure there is something going on from DR in 6 days ??

#12608 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Are you sure there is something going on from DR in 6 days ??

Well, the days of virtual Expo at least, beginning in 6 days.

(And who whas the guy counting down to the 21. September before the date was revealed? - Wich would be more to brag about if something would have actually happened that day... XD )

#12609 3 years ago

Man this thread has just trickled down to I don’t care anymore levels

#12610 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What happened with the due pinball to the Zidware customers who were supposed to get a pinball in September? Is there a NDA as well? I haven’t seen any infos. Are you guys get a refund? What’s going on.

#12611 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

What happened with the due pinball to the Zidware customers who were supposed to get a pinball in September? Is there a NDA as well? I haven’t seen any infos. Are you guys get a refund? What’s going on.

Yeah I am curious as well how this is proceeding. Hopefully they keep sweetening the pot, but just how long can they keep making binding agreements and breaking them?

#12612 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

They are probably up to 6 or 7 free titles of their choice now.

#12613 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They are probably up to 6 or 7 free titles of their choice now.

Lol ! “ so Mr Jones , we now owe you 5 machines . So of the many concepts we’ve imagininged and the one and only individual working prototype machine we have ..... do you want it ? “

#12614 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Nothing has happened yet other than a breach of contract on DRs part

I sent an email asking for setting up my official factory tour per the Goodwill Agreement and Bob responded that I was “escalating it to a legal matter and to never contact him, his company or employees ever again”. Lol

And then I called his attorney the next day and explained how things were gonna go

Thin skinned Bob as usual overreacted

Now we will see what happens re the breach of contract claim

It’s such a pitiful situation I’m currently waiting to see how they remedy the breach

I just received my AIQLE and ordered the GNR CE so I’m in the don’t care camp right now

An NDA? What a joke that is

#12615 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I sent an email asking for setting up my official factory tour per the Goodwill Agreement and Bob responded that I was “escalating it to a legal matter and to never contact him, his company or employees ever again”. Lol

What a slimeball. My guess is the remaining Zidware claimants will be creditors once again when DR folds.

#12616 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Oh C'mon, you have to love that Nadine gets to do countdown after countdown. There should be a pinside badge of honour for such a role.

"Nadine? Oh, you mean the countdown pinsider." LOL

#12617 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

What a slimeball. My guess is the remaining Zidware claimants will be creditors once again when DR folds.

Anybody who declined the check last year in favor of "letting it ride" ought to have their head examined. In the world of pinball scams like Zidware you NEVER get a second chance to get your money back, and here it was on a silver platter!

#12618 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And then I called his attorney the next day and explained how things were gonna go
It’s such a pitiful situation I’m currently waiting to see how they remedy the breach
I just received my AIQLE and ordered the GNR CE so I’m in the don’t care camp right now

Did Robert really respond this way?? Is there some sort of context for him to behave this way?

#12619 3 years ago

So would anyone care to suggest a figure for the amount of cash DR has burnt through from its inception to the present day?
I would imagine its likely to be in the millions.
How on earth are they going to satisfy investors that they can trade their way out of that hole?

#12620 3 years ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

I would imagine its likely to be in the millions.

tens of those

#12621 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow. Sounds crazy. At least they could offer a refund at this point... it seems like they have no idea when and if they will produce anything....

What are we counting exactly? Days before nothing happen again?

#12622 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

At least they could offer a refund at this point.

So hopeless dreamers can turn it down again?

Reminds me of the joke about a guy stuck on his roof during a flood. He turns down multiple rescue attempts, confident that god will save him. Eventually drowns, goes to heaven, asks god why he didn't save him. "I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

#12623 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

So hopeless dreamers can turn it down again?
Reminds me of the joke about a guy stuck on his roof during a flood. He turns down multiple rescue attempts, confident that god will save him. Eventually drowns, goes to heaven, asks god why he didn't save him. "I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

LMAO nailed it

Yeah I don't see another refund offer coming these guys' way. They had their chance and they blew it.

#12624 3 years ago

How many people are still owed games at this point? Can’t be that many.

#12625 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

You very well may be right but how do you know that?

Its a given. But if they are already producing a pin that doesn't work, with "Features" nobody wants, dr is in even worse shape than imagined.

#12626 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Except that's New Testament.

I'm guessing dr had a "Come to Jesus" moment!!

#12627 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Did Robert really respond this way?? Is there some sort of context for him to behave this way?

Have the email to prove it.

They thought I was being “snippy”

Well I really just wanted to get a response re the clause in the contract that allows us to go tour the facility and play the game

I was denied earlier in the year. Have those emails as well

As for context I’ve been nothing but supportive in my communication with them

The lawyer def heard what I had to say.

Bob took it the wrong way but I don’t really care.

I told the lawyer I might have a big pinball party at my house and invite whatever employees I felt like

Look I want them to succeed but it’s harder to root for them they act like that

If you want to make threats I’ll hit back 10x harder

#12628 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I really just wanted to get a response re the clause in the contract that allows us to go tour the facility and play the game
He took it the wrong way but I don’t really care.
I told the lawyer I might have a big pinball party at my house and invite whatever employees I felt like

At least you’re not scared of them! You’re probably the only one who can freely talk with the NDA which scared everyone...
You’re the only one who give real news from them at the end.. ha ha.

#12629 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

At least you’re not scared of them! You’re probably the only one who can freely talk with the NDA which scared everyone...
You’re the only one who give real news from them at the end.. ha ha.

I live here so stay tuned.

Scared of what and who? It’s ridiculous

It’s that attitude of worrying about NDAs instead of getting games done that has them in the position they are in

I’m def not putting up with that BS from them

#12630 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I recently used the search feature in this thread using the term "Goodwill" to see how many people accepted the cash payout. I found only two people.

And having followed this thread its my strong sense the majority of people opted for the game(s).

I limited my time in doing this search and maybe someone else could double check me.

#12631 3 years ago

At the end I really don’t get why they promesse a release date, a factory tour, a choice of pinballs, great buffets, a moment with a designer, a show, at least 10 pins a year, an unbreakable playfield, a way to manufacture like we haven’t seen before..., the best videos ever.. with a studio like Disney...

Please can someone help me to understand, are they laundering money for cartels? Seriously??

#12632 3 years ago

Almost seems it does go beyond incompetence.

#12633 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nothin' lasts forever
and we both know hearts can change.
It's hard to hold a Pinbar™
in the cold November rain.

#12634 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I recently used the search feature in this thread using the term "Goodwill" to see how many people accepted the cash payout. I found only two people.
And having followed this thread its my strong sense the majority of people opted for the game(s).
I limited my time in doing this search and maybe someone else could double check me.

The reason I accepted the agreement Kim was to support pinball and they were local

Whatever happens I’m cool with it

Their first reaction is to hit you when they feel threatened. That’s not gonna fly with me. Especially when it’s so misguided

Live up to YOUR agreements and no problems

Put some games out, quit blaming everybody and everything else and things will work out

#12635 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for context I’ve been nothing but supportive in my communication with them
The lawyer def heard what I had to say.
Bob took it the wrong way but I don’t really care.
Look I want them to succeed but it’s harder to root for them they act like that

That's crazy. Sucks as this company could have been good. When I hear shit like this, I want them to fail.

#12636 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The reason I accepted the agreement Kim was to support pinball and they were local
Their first reaction is to hit you when they feel threatened. That’s not gonna fly with me. Especially when it’s so misguided
Live up to YOUR agreements and no problems
Put some games out, quit blaming everybody and everything else and things will work out

No good deed goes unpunished...

#12637 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No good deed goes unpunished...

Bingo

#12638 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Oh C'mon, you have to love that Nadine gets to do countdown after countdown. There should be a pinside badge of honour for such a role.
"Nadine? Oh, you mean the countdown pinsider." LOL

I‘m also famous for poop jokes!

#12639 3 years ago

If they spent HALF as much time, building a manufacturing line, as they did threatening litigation, we'd have all sorts of games out there by DR.

#12640 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

If they spent HALF as much time, building a manufacturing line, as they did threatening litigation, we'd have all sorts of games out there by DR.

Exactly what I told my lawyer buddy

And I said when people stop complaining and posting, that’s when you better really start worrying. Because nobody cares

#12641 3 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

That‘s true pinside hyperbolism...

...a quarter would be perfectly sufficient!

#12642 3 years ago

Humm... whatever happened to the customer is always right?!?

#12643 3 years ago

Right now I am reminded of some good advise my Dad gave me... "Don't ever buy the first model year, buy the third model year..."

The third model year has got all the bugs worked out of all the "fixes" they found out about in the first model year and tried to re-engineer for their second model year's attempt. He said, "if they havent got it right by the third time, they aint ever getting it right."

Well how about that? How many attempts has Jpop had at this? three? Looks like we know what happens next.

Just for the record, I waited until CGC's third title before buying my MBrLE too, and I'm out on any DR title until they have a third title, which seems, um... unlikely.

#12644 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly what I told my lawyer buddy
And I said when people stop complaining and posting, that’s when you better really start worrying. Because nobody cares

Yep. When the DR threads go silent, THEN you better worry, if you work at/for DR.

#12645 3 years ago

I still don’t get the ‘we hope to give you update’
They could at least BS and share progress on stuff whatever this is... I mean at least you keep interest.
The ‘we hope’ is we will never share anything because we will never admit that our product don’t flip, the software is not ready and the design is not what we were expecting and we are too ashamed to admit it...

After 3 years at least.

#12646 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wasn't being critical, Doug. I was simply responding to Arcademojo's comment.

Quoted from arcademojo:

Fact is, if I wasn't involved with the Jpop lawsuit, I would have done the very same as you and the others.

#12647 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Humm... whatever happened to the customer is always right?!?

So far as I can tell, they don't have any.

#12648 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wasn't being critical, Doug. I was simply responding to Arcademojo's comment.

Fact is, if I wasn't involved with the Jpop lawsuit, I would have done the very same as you and the others.

No doubt Kim

Been a long journey for all of us

#12649 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Right now I am reminded of some good advise my Dad gave me... "Don't ever buy the first model year, buy the third model year..."

The third model year has got all the bugs worked out of all the "fixes" they found out about in the first model year and tried to re-engineer for their second model year's attempt. He said, "if they havent got it right by the third time, they aint ever getting it right."

In the automotive world that's probably true only because there are SO many parts. I work in manufacturing and the products I work on typically we have prototyped it to work out all the bugs so the first run is fine. At one company you REALLY wanted the first batch because after product gets released, they start cost reducing it and you end up with an inferior product to the earlier stuff.

#12650 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In the automotive world that's probably true only because there are SO many parts. I work in manufacturing and the products I work on typically we have prototyped it to work out all the bugs so the first run is fine. At one company you REALLY wanted the first batch because after product gets released, they start cost reducing it and you end up with an inferior product to the earlier stuff.

Yeah I imagine if deeproot gets into production that their later games will either cost a lot more or start to be stripped down for business reasons. Heck you can see it happening on Jersey Jack games right now (not that they make bad products. But a $6,500 WOZ aint happening again)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.