Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 672.
#12501 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

wrb1977 - do you work at DR???
You downvote every negative post about them.

I’m starting to think he works at deep root!

#12502 3 years ago

Quiet day in pinball, time for a Goonies bump!

9c6b8217faa79292fcf31c88e9e97df3 (resized).jpg9c6b8217faa79292fcf31c88e9e97df3 (resized).jpg
#12503 3 years ago

JJP blew it with no powerpoint deck. Bunch of amateurs.

#12504 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I would be very tempted to buy any pin with Crumb artwork.

Me too but evidently the moderators don't like the idea.
I'd actually like a Robert Crumb game machine with all of his artwork.

#12505 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn't even see a single PinBar(tm). FAIL.

#12506 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I guess it was cool to show off completed games in boxes and have video evidence that the machine works

But you really had to be at deeproot to appreciate the slide transitions they innovated!

#12507 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Imagine how many home-brews DR could have bought for the money they have in RAZA.

no LOV for deeproot.

#12508 3 years ago

With the reveal of GNR today I'm not sure how anyone could give a crap about RAZA. I wonder what beady eyed Robert thinks about JJP's reveal, hopefully taking notes

#12509 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

With the reveal of GNR today I'm not sure how anyone could give a crap about RAZA. I wonder what beady eyed Robert thinks about JJP's reveal, hopefully taking notes

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... so I doubt DR will ever do a reveal like JJPGNR... remember, making pinball is easy... selling it for profit? Not so much.

#12510 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They're probably scrapping more important design work right now to make sure that they have the slickest trailer the pinball world has ever seen.

#12511 3 years ago

Ah, I remember this like it was yesterday.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12512 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m starting to think he works at deep root!

I already confirmed I do on the previous page...get with the program!

#12513 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

I already confirmed I do on the previous page...get with the program!

So how's the mood over at the Deep Root office lately?

#12514 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So how's the mood over at the Deep Root office lately?

Busy busy!

#12516 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Busy isn't a mood but that's cool.

True. However, too busy to experience any emotion let alone an emotion lasting long enough to even create a mood.

#12517 3 years ago

After GNR release and nothing from DR this is an appropriate image.

C7316BB9-BF3E-469F-81D0-C511F54B6B3E (resized).jpegC7316BB9-BF3E-469F-81D0-C511F54B6B3E (resized).jpeg

#12518 3 years ago

Some people are jacked that they saw a video of making a ramp shot over and over. If that’s the criteria for a successful pin that’s a very low bar we’ve come to.

#12519 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ah, I remember this like it was yesterday.
[quoted image]

Oof! GNR makes Raza look puny all the way around.

Still just gotta launch this baby. Let’s go!

#12520 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GnR makes EVERYTHING look puny.

Stern imho more then Raza, but still Sterns games actually exist.

#12521 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The timing is not good for sure...
we want just to see a pinball experience not the operator friendly’s pinbar cr...
focusing on 2 buttons during gameplay is more than enough. The real deal is what’s happening on the PF. and not reinventing the wheele.

#12522 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

The timing is not good for sure...
we want just to see a pinball experience not the operator friendly’s pinbar cr...
focusing on 2 buttons during gameplay is more than enough. The real deal is what’s happening on the PF. and not reinventing the wheele.

Might be too late to learn that lesson. I feel bad for those guys, I really do.

#12523 3 years ago

The thing is: I still hope DR to succeed and root for them. But, I start doubting with their strategy seriously, not liscening to players, the competitors are doing, not trying to understand what the market really wants and so on...
Do they still have time and money to correct that? In a project, you need to identify the risks first and take the right direction early. Changing major things at this stage could be a distaster as far as cost.
I have to say that I’m not a big fan for their LE cabinet backbox but the design is pretty well done, the playfield once finished will look pretty good and the videos seems like a movie quality which is nice.

I still don’t know if they invest in toys of any kind or all the money went to the other things people don’t care about. I still hope they have an opportunity to rectify things.

The GnR reveal was the real hammer hit and this might kill them for good if they don’t show something soon and solid.
Yes I was one of the dreamer, I still want to try...

#12524 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Looks don’t always equal fun. It seems like a lot of people worry more about how a pinball looks. I rather it be fun and if it looks good too well then that’s just a bonus.

#12525 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If anything this release validates Sterns approach. JJP is making stripped down Pro models now. The thing everyone bitches at stern for but charging 2k more for it. I’ll take two stern pro’s for the price of one JJP Bob!

#12526 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Looks don’t always equal fun. It seems like a lot of people worry more about how a pinball looks. I rather it be fun and if it looks good too well then that’s just a bonus.

Stern NIB buyers don't even judge by the looks, since they buy blindly only by the license.

But to answer your statement:
At the moment we just have the looks. The looks don't make the game bad. And the looks/ lightshow in this game is part of the theme integration.

#12527 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern NIB buyers don't even judge by the looks, since they buy blindly only by the license.

I’m sure the Deadflip streams sell a lot of pins. Gameplay is always gunna be most important. The Buffalo stream will convince people one way or the other for GnR

#12528 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

If anything this release validates Sterns approach. JJP is making stripped down Pro models now. The thing everyone bitches at stern for but charging 2k more for it. I’ll take two stern pro’s for the price of one JJP Bob!

6199$ for a Stern Pro vs 6750$ for a JJP GnR Standard equals 2000$ price difference?

You funny man.

#12529 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

6199$ for a Stern Pro vs 6750$ for a JJP GnR Standard equals 2000$ price difference?
You funny man.

I can buy just about any stern pro for 5k right now. And let’s not forget this is an all time low price for JJP.

#12530 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m sure the Deadflip streams sell a lot of pins. Gameplay is always gunna be most important. The Buffalo stream will convince people one way or the other for GnR

We all know how Heavy Metal plays and if you like it you buy a Star Wars Home for half the price and for the rest you attend a math class.

#12531 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You funny man.

In real life the street price difference will be about $1200-1500. That’s a good chunk of change dude.

Stern is still the only Company that can get a full size, commercial pinball machine into your hands for anywhere near $5500.

If you want to compete on a pro level that’s your target price. Can’t wait to see the Kia prices from deep root and company!

#12532 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

We all know how Heavy Metal plays and if you like it you buy a Star Wars Home for half the price and for the rest you attend a math class.

What does Heavy Metal, a contract pin, have to do with anything? Should we start talking about Spooky’s Jetsons too?

#12533 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I can buy just about any stern pro for 5k right now. And let’s not forget this is an all time low price for JJP.

Not NIB from Stern.

Stop digging the hole you're sitting in even deeper.

#12534 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

What does Heavy Metal, a contract pin, have to do with anything? Should we start talking about Spooky’s Jetsons too?

Nothing, except you brought Jack up and it is the game Jack is ought to play in 3 days that has to go up against GnR.

#12535 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not NIB from Stern.
Stop digging the hole you're sitting in even deeper.

NIB is only something that people who smell their own farts give a shit about. I’d take a Deadpool, IM, JP, or Turtles pro over any JJP SE and pocket 2k. Does that math work for you?

#12536 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Nothing, except you brought Jack up and it is the game Jack is ought to play in 3 days that has to go up against GnR.

Lol stern isn’t putting heavy metal “against” GnR. It’s a contract pin. And we already know what HM is. This isn’t a reveal.

#12537 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

NIB is only something that people who smell their own farts give a shit about. I’d take a Deadpool, IM, JP, or Turtles pro over any JJP SE and pocket 2k. Does that math work for you?

It works at least to make a fool of yourself comparing a used game price to a MSRP.

#12538 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Lol stern isn’t putting heavy metal “against” GnR. It’s a contract pin. And we already know what HM is. This isn’t a reveal.

We allready know what GnR is also.

Gameplay premiere/ reveal of GnR and Heavy Metal incoming!

Edit: But you're right in a way I don't think Stern gives a shit and that both end up premiering is pure coincidence.

#12539 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It works at least to make a fool of yourself comparing a used game price to a MSRP.

What are used JJP going for? Any at 5k or are they all overpriced still? POTC for under 10k? No? Didn’t think so.

#12540 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

What are used JJP going for? Any at 5k or are they all overpriced still? POTC for under 10k? No? Didn’t think so.

Every JJP that was 6750$ MSRP like GnR is sub 5K now.

Edit:
It was nice meeting you CrazyLevis Brother!
And downvote me for pointing out you're comparing Apples And oranges the whole Time.

#12541 3 years ago

The cheapest JJP I can find on pinside is a routed WOZ for 6k. Anyway. Wasn’t this a classic car thread?

#12542 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

The cheapest JJP I can find on pinside is a routed WOZ for 6k. Anyway. Wasn’t this a classic car thread?

And how much was that new? Now subtract that Price difference from 6750$ and you might end up with something reasonably compareable.

#12543 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And how much was that new? Now subtract that Price difference from 6750$ and you might end up with something reasonably compareable.

When WOZ came out Stern pros weren’t $6750. I don’t get how you aren’t understanding this but I’m finished banging my head against the brick wall that is your thick skull.

#12544 3 years ago

Children, take it to PM.
Who cares

#12545 3 years ago

Anyway. Deeproot huh? They sure do have egg on their face.

#12546 3 years ago

I heard Deeproot Arcade edition will definately be cheaper then a Stern Pro wich I just learned is 6750$!

Also I learned Crazylevi cloned himself.

#12547 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Come to think of it how does GnR make Puny Factory look?

Well, doesn't matter since puny factory will be 5K soon, eh?

#12548 3 years ago

I’m not sure if I should get a Guns ‘n Roses and Avengers or hold out for Food Truck and Old Testament. The latter two are dream themes for me.

#12549 3 years ago

I'm out on GnR, so I'm still interested in seeing Raza.. Especially the price. If they can do what JJP cannot seem to: create a better machine and match stern's pricing, I'm likely in. I'm excited for Jpop's designs. I can't believe that he's completely incompetent as his games have a similar feel.

If old testament has the burning of witches, fuck, I'm IN!!!

"She turned me into a newt!"

#12550 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm out on GnR, so I'm still interested in seeing Raza.. Especially the price. If they can do what JJP cannot seem to: create a better machine and match stern's pricing, I'm likely in. I'm excited for Jpop's designs. I can't believe that he's completely incompetent as his games have a similar feel.
If old testament has the burning of witches, fuck, I'm IN!!!
"She turned me into a newt!"

Same here. Not being a huge GnR fan, RAZA actually does seem more appealing to me. However I honestly would probably only buy one second hand. Ya know, let the first owner work out the bugs/kinks first. I'm also hesitant about DR's note about putting ads in the machine. I don't want targeted ads, microtransactions, the ilk of youtube's ad videos before playing a game, etc. And their claimed "always connected" feature gives me the creeps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/251?hl=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.