• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 669.
#11951 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why is it so hard to believe that these individuals are respectfully following a known and agreed upon Non Disclosure Agreement? Its a business and they have every right to withhold anything they don't wish to share. I have signed hundreds of these and Always respect the business wishes of discretion as I Agreed on entry. May not be what We want but it is what They agreed to. Not that amazing really?

I think they showed up not knowing what they were going to have to sign, the contents of what it meant, and certainly had no idea the professional film crew was going to be in full force

The point is that you don’t do a “reveal” of a new pinball machine after all these years and contort yourself under NDAs

It’s a DISCLOSURE event. Not that amazing really?

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, complete and utter waste of time and money to send those people down here
A bigger waste to have a professional film crew there. For what?
Lol

To stroke RMs ego. With all these companies that have been set up this is looking more and more like vaperwear.

#11953 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I watched the opening minute of the Hardy video and it's sad how much he had to contort himself with legal disclaimers, that he only speaks for himself, that he's keeping a list of what he can and can't talk about in plain sight while he's speaking.
Like wtf.
I can't think of a single product I've ever seen like this before. Sometimes there are review embargos, where they sit on it till a certain date. But not ongoing (and never-ending) contortion to speak about something.
Under legal threat of what exactly? Obviously there's a desire to be flown back. Really undermines everything.

It's because there's a dead hooker in the bottom of the cabinet. A *dead hooker*!

Given the circumstances, I think Cary did a pretty good job of mostly ignoring the fact that there was a dead hooker in the cabinet, and just focused on the stuff he *could* talk about.

#11954 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Now that the complaining has seemed to cool down for the moment, is it possible that the assembly line is ready to go? If September 21st went off as planned, would deeproot be taking orders? Maybe it’s wishful thinking on my end, but maybe, just maybe, they are only making some final adjustments based on the feedback they received and we may see RAZA shipping by the end of the year. Maybe???

lol no

#11955 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's because there's a dead hooker in the bottom of the cabinet. A *dead hooker*!
Given the circumstances, I think Cary did a pretty good job of mostly ignoring the fact that there was a dead hooker in the cabinet, and just focused on the stuff he *could* talk about.

#11956 3 years ago

ben heck is on the latest K podcast.

even if you are not a fan of K. you really should listen as Ben Heck lays it out. he is professional and respectful but speaks the simple truth on jpop, Robert, and deeproot.
its really worth a listen.

#11957 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

*dead hooker*

I'd buy that over Food Truck.

#11958 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

even if you are not a fan of K. you really should listen as Ben Heck lays it out. he is professional and respectful but speaks the simple truth on jpop, Robert, and deeproot.

Too think, that if working contracts were in the realm of JPOP Ben Heck might still be working with that title......

Ben needs to make the “pinball is hard” pin.
All the modes are manufacturers. Skit B, Dutch, Zidware, You can imagine how those modes might play out. I bet Gary stern would buy that machine too.

#11959 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Also nice to hear from the perspective of someone who has actual relevant pinball design and manufacturing experience.

#11960 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

perineal blowhard

That may be the most amusing and appropriate misspelling I've ever seen.

#11961 3 years ago

Classic!

#11962 3 years ago

Is the 5 days of deeproot still happening? Or was that it?

#11963 3 years ago

look up the definition of verbose and you will see deeproot as the answer.

#11964 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Total lack of awareness. I would have told em the same thing for a bag of Bill Miller breakfast tacos any day over the previous year.l

Had to Google this. Damn, they look good!

Totally agree that Deeproot is in uncharted waters of incompetence, even for them. Who would have thought J-Pop didn't know what he was doing? (Well, besides Pintasia, American Pinball, Zombi Yeti, Zidware customers, the entire pinball industry, etc....)

6803B06D-56E2-4A8C-84D7-0B763817D2FF (resized).png6803B06D-56E2-4A8C-84D7-0B763817D2FF (resized).png

#11965 3 years ago

Well I’m still very interested in DR and what they will have to offer .Its blatantly obvious with what’s gone into it that they’re going to draw the curtains eventually and I have no problem with waiting .As I’m recently new to pinball I can only imagine the years of waiting for the next stern and stern only .With other companies getting off the ground and establishing themselves with they’re own original style I can’t be anything but exited to welcome a new company to the mix .Please Stern keep being Stern ,JJP keep being JJP ,Spooky ,Metomorphic ect !!! Be yourselves I love the variety !!

#11966 3 years ago

This reminds me of Columbo's wife. We never saw her.

#11967 3 years ago

I think they need to add Sue Berm to complete Deeproot

#11968 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

If it's not cost effective to maintain well then I'm against all this fancy stuff ya know?

Amen, brother. Well said.

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Agreed. I didn’t know a lot about Ben Heck, but I was really impressed by him. Put it this way, he knows a lot about a lot of stuff.

#11970 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Just listened and I agree...lots of good stuff in there.

#11971 3 years ago
Quoted from Seraph:

That may be the most amusing and appropriate misspelling I've ever seen.

Learn something new every day!

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Had to Google this. Damn, they look good!
Totally agree that Deeproot is in uncharted waters of incompetence, even for them. Who would have thought J-Pop didn't know what he was doing? (Well, besides Pintasia, American Pinball, Zombi Yeti, Zidware customers, the entire pinball industry, etc....)
[quoted image]

So good, best picante sauce ever there in the pic!

#11973 3 years ago

This so reminds me of the JPOP days when people would tour his facility and report back with how promising things looked and all the cool stuff that was in the works. Hoping for a much better outcome this time.

#11974 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This so reminds me of the JPOP days when people would tour his facility and report back with how promising things looked and all the cool stuff that was in the works. Hoping for a much better outcome this time.

Had we had an inkling of how difficult "production" was back then Jpop would have never have gotten off the ground with Magic Girl and then RAZA.

The obvious questions were staring us right in the face and we looked right past the common sense realities. Until that Expo when he showed up with the embarassing box of nothing. The beginning of the end.

#11975 3 years ago

I’ll double up on what Cary said but didn’t say ! Let DR figure it out and if your a true fan of pinball you’ll be rooting for them ! Bottom line is if they succeed we succeed !!

#11976 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

This reminds me of Columbo's wife. We never saw her.

#11977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This so reminds me of the JPOP days when people would tour his facility and report back with how promising things looked and all the cool stuff that was in the works.

Those were certainly some rose-colored glasses. I visited Zidware once to buy a pre-war bagatelle game. John gave me a tour of the "operation," which consisted of one kid hand-wiring the underside of a playfield (no harness), and a few prototype machines in various states of incompletion. RAZA, couple Magic Girls, that Kiss "machine," and a street-level throwback sci-fi game with solid state score displays in the lobby. John proudly gave me a Bally Pinball Wizard t-shirt he'd faithfully reproduced. Between that and the couple nice Zidware shirts he gave me over the years, seems like dude missed his calling.

P.S. Speaking of that old bagatelle, pretty sure I'm the only person who ever bought and received a game from Zidware.

P.P.S. That game was Contact Master, the exact machine that ended up at Pinball Life's open house party and inspired Terry to create Scoregasm Master.

P.P.P.S. I broke John's NDA posting this stuff. Oops.

#11978 3 years ago

I think this game looks awesome...I'm hoping these guys start pumping games out soon...hopefully MSRP will be in the $7K range. I think the PinBar is a great idea...jury is still out on that back box design

#11979 3 years ago

Anyone post this yet? Sure looks familiar to me.

https://creopack.com/en/creosnap/

#11980 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Good catch. Ok so it was not an innovation then.

#11981 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Good catch. Ok so it was not an innovation then.

RM really does want to compete with stern, even on their tried and tested copycat philosophy!

#11982 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Ouch. Here’s the video from their site

#11983 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ouch. Here’s the video from their site

It's really looks like they orders the right dimension for a pinball, put their logo on it, and called it: "Pin".... wait for it..... "Pod"......
Otherwise they are good for a long trial...

What's next, the Ipad, oups sorry the pinbar ?

DR: just show us a working game to make us happy.

#11984 3 years ago

revolutionary indeed.

DR (resized).pngDR (resized).png
#11985 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Is the opening bumper music "Kitten Jail"?

Because I'm not listening if it isn't...

#11986 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

It's really looks like they orders the right dimension for a pinball, put their logo on it, and called it: "Pin".... wait for it..... "Pod"......
Otherwise they are good for a long trial...

The trademark is in name only.

The product itself could be licensed by DR from Creosnap. Or, Creosnap could be a subsidiary of DR. If neither of those two conditions are met, they could be in trouble.

#11987 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think this game looks awesome...I'm hoping these guys start pumping games out soon...hopefully MSRP will be in the $7K range. I think the PinBar is a great idea...jury is still out on that back box design

I doubt $7k is going to cover it. Both the touch screen and back box display are custom dimensions. And since it doesn’t appear that the ‘pinbar’ is optional, my guess would be a couple grand north of that at least.

#11988 3 years ago

Wow - They reinvented the plywood box.

#11989 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I doubt $7k is going to cover it. Both the touch screen and back box display are custom dimensions. And since it doesn’t appear that the ‘pinbar’ is optional, my guess would be a couple grand north of that at least.

I know at least the backbox display is a very common display size and aspect ratio.

Probably the same goes for the lockbar touchscreen I would say, surely would have made it a more reasonable size if they were using custom displays ...

#11990 3 years ago

Since they’ve already re-innovated Bally’s 1960’s lifting glass technology, maybe they can also change the future of pinball by utilizing their solution for sharp lock-bar corners.. pinBarCaps? I can see it now..

“ These proprietary, custom molded caps are available exclusively on our XtraTM models, and are the future of high impact competitive pinball / touchpad gaming! “

The future, as seen on my 1967 Bally Surfers.

BD254249-F2B5-4525-8D0D-5B504BFA03F3 (resized).jpegBD254249-F2B5-4525-8D0D-5B504BFA03F3 (resized).jpeg0A23CA27-6DFA-4B74-8341-52D8D3BB2043 (resized).jpeg0A23CA27-6DFA-4B74-8341-52D8D3BB2043 (resized).jpeg85103440-6AF9-47C0-9FBE-C06C9D6FE13F (resized).jpeg85103440-6AF9-47C0-9FBE-C06C9D6FE13F (resized).jpeg
#11991 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not that I'm so PC,

Sorry mate , didn't mean to offend .

Quoted from TreyBo69:

it's just an awful fucking idea to have a WW2 pin with historic footage. That's what you suggested.

I wasn't suggesting you show anyone getting hurt or killed .
There are so many ways you could do it .
Troops marching , tanks firing and rolling over Hills battleships shooting their guns , leaders giving speeches , maps with arrows and spinning newspapers with headlines , ect .

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Now you realize it's awful and are walking it back.

I'm not backing away from the idea at all .
I was just giving alternative ways of doing it .
I think it would be a much better theme and would sell a lot more , than ideas like lunch truck .
Just my opinion .

#11992 3 years ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Since they’ve already re-innovated Bally’s 1960’s lifting glass technology, maybe they can also change the future of pinball by utilizing their solution for sharp lock-bar corners.. pinBarCaps? I can see it now..
“ These proprietary, custom molded caps are available exclusively on our XtraTM models, and are the future of high impact competitive pinball / touchpad gaming! “
The future, as seen on my 1967 Bally Surfers.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On your Bally Surfers, if the glass breaks...I'm assuming you can replace it somehow?

#11993 3 years ago

Well, finally time for me to drain this thread. I'll try to catch up on the 8000 additional posts about nothing when something actually does happen. In my mind "something happening" equals actually producing and showing they can deliver a machine into a customer's hands.

I hope Deeproot can eventually produce a quality product. While whether the benefits of providing an alternative vision of what a pinball machine is or could be can be debated , simply providing additional titles and an alternative CHOICE of manufacturers that customers can gravitate to for their own reasons is by far the best reason to want them to succeed. I could care less about cost, so long at they provide a viable alternative and help bring about competition in the market that makes everyone else up their game.

That said, if nothing else, it's very apparent that Deeproot has either been mis-managed to this point, or simply lacks the focus/expertise/resources needed to bring a product to market.

Stop with the countdowns and date speculation tied to other major pinball events. PLEASE! If you think they are going to cancel a (already HUGELY delayed) reveal, conveniently, due to COVID and then cancel the next one 6 months later (due to 'issues" found the day of or day before by 6 pinball media/podcasters), but then fix all their problems that caused the latest delay and be able to address manufacturing concerns and be ready to move forward by expo......well....I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Being able to design and build a pinball machine but not being able to deliver it to a paying customer happens all the time. It's called a homebrew.

Good luck Deeproot. See you on the other side.....or not.....guess we will see.

#11994 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

On your Bally Surfers, if the glass breaks...I'm assuming you can replace it somehow?

The glass comes out of the metal frame, have to undo a few nuts and bolts. Nothing too crazy, but it takes a little bit of doing.

#11995 3 years ago

Well to be fair most innovations are borrowed from elsewhere. It's a nice pinball box for those that want it. Not a big deal.

Watching the Cary video the new hammer-tested playfield didn't look much different in texture than the Stern playfields I've seen since about a year ago after they went to the thinner clearcoat after the pooling fiasco. Hard to tell from the limited views in the video, but it looked like you could see the outline of the underlying art in the clearcoat, same as Stern. Actually, Stern's are usually much worse, with vertical lines of clear running down the length of the PF as well.

The dimpling is less apparent as well no the new Sterns (though still present) simply because the clearcoat isn't as smooth and deep, which makes the dimples worse it seems. ...and I wouldn't recommend anyone take a hammer to a Stern playfield. My NIB DP I picked a week ago started losing clear in the shooter lane, under the mylar I added before playing, within 45 games.

#11996 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That frame is bolted together on the underside, with liquid seals along the edges of the glass, etc. So yeah, if the glass breaks it's replaceable, but it's not just "slide in a new one" like on a standard game. Also, the glass is smaller (I believe same width, but definitely shorter front to back).

#11997 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm assuming you can replace it somehow?

Yes, I haven’t needed to do it, but have heard that although a slight pain in the ass, it is 100% replaceable.

#11998 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well to be fair most innovations are borrowed from elsewhere. It's a nice pinball box for those that want it. Not a big deal.
Watching the Cary video the new hammer-tested playfield didn't look much different in texture than the Stern playfields I've seen since about a year ago after they went to the thinner clearcoat after the pooling fiasco. Hard to tell from the limited views in the video, but it looked like you could see the outline of the underlying art in the clearcoat, same as Stern. Actually, Stern's are usually much worse, with vertical lines of clear running down the length of the PF as well.
The dimpling is less apparent as well no the new Sterns (though still present) simply because the clearcoat isn't as smooth and deep, which makes the dimples worse it seems. ...and I wouldn't recommend anyone take a hammer to a Stern playfield. My NIB DP I picked a week ago started losing clear in the shooter lane, under the mylar I added before playing, within 45 games.

Yeah, the finish shown in the video is far less concerning then the commentary that was heard before IMO...

#11999 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

The glass comes out of the metal frame, have to undo a few nuts and bolts. Nothing too crazy, but it takes a little bit of doing.

It should be noted the glass isn't "standard" pinball size, so you'd still have to have a sheet custom made.

Likely the same with the greatest and most bestest revolution in pinball innovation ever, the PainBar (tm).

#12000 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Wow - They reinvented the plywood box.

I'm assuming your talking about Creopack ? Didn't Cary say they had this box in a separate room for a "blanketed reveal" like it was one of their brilliant ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/240?hl=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.