Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 672.
#11601 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

You said I keep saying it, so that is why I say pay attention. It was the first time I said it.
So take the opinion of a group of pinsiders who have not touched the bar and have bashed this company relentlessly or take the opinion of someone who has actually touched and experienced it?
Grow up man.

We are arguing about pinball machines. "grow up man" doesn't apply here.

I just don't understand why you think we should take any third-hand testimony seriously when nobody actually got to play the game, which was broken.

If Deep Root wants an "informed opinion," they can go ahead and mass produce a game and we can all fondle it and play it accordingly. For now, we all just gotta roll with what we got. Just like the last 4 years.

#11602 3 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

The first multi-denominational religious pinball game.

Plug it in and pray it works.

#11603 3 years ago

Ok can anyone please explain me why ALL the so called experts, legends, pinball veterans, pinball wizards that work all day every day at Deeproot could not figure out that they had to delay the launch because the machine was just not good and that a few invited people, mostly press and hobby, do in a matter of hours ?

That says something about all those industry guru's to me. Also the fact that all those years of experience do not lead a good result, even after all this tiome they have got extra with all the delays. Something is very off there at DR.

I have heared literally no one talk about how the game plays. Only stuff about extra's that we are actually not waiting for like a crate that is an option none the less with your purchase. Sorry but this whole thing just makes me LOL.

Anybody remember that no one liked Dialed In because it was about a phone ? Now the phone is right in front of you. If I want to play an arcade game, I will start my arcade machine. They promised mechs that would do unimaginable stuff. RM talked about dozens of new toys that would interact with the ball and now they show this with a non working machine? Just wow.

#11604 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This and the cabinet redesign are great innovations for pinball collectors that are not stuck in a time warp.

The backbox is literally a retro look....one that reminds me of those retro jukeboxes that you buy at Walmart that have dock for your smartphone. So who is in the time warp?

#11605 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Gas station bathroom
Make a sandwich
Shopping mall
Commuting to work
Fast food drive through
Car wash

Hold up there! Those are already game modes in the new Seinfeld pin.

#11606 3 years ago

I was in town today, and on the main street there is an antique/junk shop. They tend to put a few things out front on the sidewalk, and I noticed this thing...

20200924152608663_1 (resized).jpg20200924152608663_1 (resized).jpg
#11607 3 years ago

If that angled Pinbar is not a issue...then they don’t need to change it but it looks rougher on your hands then Full Throttles....and for me that hurts. No my hands didn’t bleed but it was painful enough that I don’t care to ever play it again. In fact I couldn’t really play it how I normally would play a game. Mark my words they will change the shape of the Pinbar.

#11608 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Ok can anyone please explain me why ALL the so called experts, legends, pinball veterans, pinball wizards that work all day every day at Deeproot could not figure out that they had to delay the launch because the machine was just not good and that a few invited people, mostly press and hobby, do in a matter of hours ?
That says something about all those industry guru's to me. Also the fact that all those years of experience do not lead a good result, even after all this tiome they have got extra with all the delays. Something is very off there at DR.
I have heared literally no one talk about how the game plays. Only stuff about extra's that we are actually not waiting for like a crate that is an option none the less with your purchase. Sorry but this whole thing just makes me LOL.
Anybody remember that no one liked Dialed In because it was about a phone ? Now the phone is right in front of you. If I want to play an arcade game, I will start my arcade machine. They promised mechs that would do unimaginable stuff. RM talked about dozens of new toys that would interact with the ball and now they show this with a non working machine? Just wow.

Because Robert has a big ego and those experts probably did warn him, but he said "No, I want a pinbar, this thing needs to be revolutionary!".

Go look up apple's history with Steve Jobs. There's a story about where the engineers worked many long hours to build the first ipod prototype (which was revolutionary). He grabbed it, took a look at it, dumped it in a fish tank nearby, and said "See those air bubbles? That means there's still space inside, make it smaller"

https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-threw-ipod-prototype-into-an-aquarium-to-prove-a-point-2014-11

#11609 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have a few theories on it.

1. They don't feel comfortable telling Robert they aren't ready.
2. The can't see the forest for the trees and don't see the big picture of the message, only what they are working on.
3. Sometimes people value outsider opinion more than internal.

Who knows for sure, but I think they have some good ideas. I am mixed on the PinBar, but my 16 year old son thinks it is a good idea. (Not kidding)

#11610 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have a few theories on it.
1. They don't feel comfortable telling Robert they aren't ready.
2. The can't see the forest for the trees and don't see the big picture of the message, only what they are working on.
3. Sometimes people value outsider opinion more than internal.
Who knows for sure, but I think they have some good ideas. I am mixed on the PinBar, but my 16 year old son thinks it is a good idea. (Not kidding)

My kids want it also

#11611 3 years ago

I wonder if the issues they need to fix are in the pictures we have not seen. Like maybe it has to deal with how the playfield lifts out or servicing the playfield. Or something to do with what is behind the head of the cabinet.

#11612 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

You said I keep saying it, so that is why I say pay attention. It was the first time I said it.
So take the opinion of a group of pinsiders who have not touched the bar and have bashed this company relentlessly or take the opinion of someone who has actually touched and experienced it?
Grow up man.

You don’t Really think your going to convince him to see anything but his opinion do you? Lol. Just played several games on Alien (deadly sharp corners) and had no issues. When their game comes out I will evaluate my own opinion.

09146835-E934-46F5-B938-4CE43E07C715 (resized).png09146835-E934-46F5-B938-4CE43E07C715 (resized).png
#11613 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

If that angled Pinbar is not a issue...then they don’t need to change it but it looks rougher on your hands then Full Throttles....and for me that hurts. No my hands didn’t bleed but it was painful enough that I don’t care to ever play it again. In fact I couldn’t really play it how I normally would play a game. Mark my words they will change the shape of the Pinbar.

If the Pinbar remains troublesome, expect the aftermarket mod: pinBRA.

Kind of makes sense. The torpedo buxom look was popular in the fifties and RAZA is, after all, a retro-themed game.

Introducing PinBRA, the comfortable solution to bloody palms: in 3 cup sizes and 30 exciting styles. This week's special for Fire & Brimstone: 10% off crucifixion cups.

#11614 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was in town today, and on the main street there is an antique/junk shop. They tend to put a few things out front on the sidewalk, and I noticed this thing...[quoted image]

That's their initial Prototype !

#11615 3 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

If the Pinbar remains troublesome, expect the aftermarket mod: pinBRA.
Kind of makes sense. The torpedo buxom look was popular in the fifties and RAZA is, after all, a retro-themed game.
Introducing PinBRA, the comfortable solution to bloody palms: in 3 cup sizes and 30 exciting styles. This week's special for Fire & Brimstone: 10% off crucifixion cups.

PinBRO dude.

Or PinSsiere.

#11616 3 years ago

This whole DR mess smells like a rat. Why would a legitimate company release all their titles and story lines up front if they were actually planning to make pinball games? Everyone knows how hype for any pinball machine significantly diminishes, after just a few weeks following announcement. Non licensed titles for sure lose big time appeal. Isn’t this the same antics Zidware used?

If DR was a legitimate company, the only real innovation everyone wants to see is octo-manufacturing working. DR has zero manufacturing working of any kind. DR is not a real legitimate pinball company till they actually have manufacturing that can produce deliverable goods. Anyone can make a couple of machines to demo and hire some designers etc to show off concepts. Pinball media interfaced with 3 people and that’s all from the sound of it.

No manufacturing lines to observe.
No finished working games.
Few actual people working at DR.
Big empty, but ready for show auditorium.
No actual PF innovations revealed.
5 years later and DR still doesn’t have needed parts to at least piece together other concepts, for announced machines.
All supposed innovations are peripheral in nature, with almost none of the things the pinball buying community is looking for in actual game play.

All this activity smacks of just busy work, striving to show investors something is happening, but really isn’t. This appears to be only a faint dog and pony show of a company that has not sold one deliverable product in over 5 years of work.

Welcome to Zidware 2.0!

#11617 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

This whole DR mess smells like a rat. Why would a legitimate company release all their titles and story lines up front if they were actually planning to make pinball games? Everyone knows how hype for any pinball machine significantly diminishes, after just a few weeks following announcement. Non licensed titles for sure lose big time appeal. Isn’t this the same antics Zidware used?

Someone says it smacks of a "pitch deck," and that's true. It seems like the kind of thing you'd put together if you were trying to attract investors.

#11618 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The backbox is literally a retro look....one that reminds me of those retro jukeboxes that you buy at Walmart that have dock for your smartphone. So who is in the time warp?

I wasn't commenting on the back box. I was saying that their cabinet design is pretty slick. Having the ability to access the play field without removing the glass is a great idea.

#11619 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You don’t Really think your going to convince him to see anything but his opinion do you? Lol. Just played several games on Alien (deadly sharp corners) and had no issues. When their game comes out I will evaluate my own opinion.
[quoted image]

Lol, no I don't. I just hear the broken record over and over and over. I will personally hold judgement until I can really get to see this thing in more detail. I don't care for some of the other mfgs, but I don't have the time or care enough to spend hours bashing them on their threads.

#11620 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't commenting on the back box. I was saying that their cabinet design is pretty slick. Having the ability to access the play field without removing the glass is a great idea.

Bally used this design for a while in the 70s, then switched back. I do not know whether they switched back due to costs, or operator complaints. Hopefully deeproot researched what happened back in the 70s before re-inventing the design.

#11621 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The "innovative" PinBar (tm copyright) ignores millions of years of evolution. Human hands are meant to grasp round objects, namely tree branches and the limbs of other animals.

Can a human being send a cease and desist letter to the concept of evolution? We might find out!

#11622 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Someone says it smacks of a "pitch deck," and that's true. It seems like the kind of thing you'd put together if you were trying to attract investors.

They could be trial balloons, throw all their ideas out there to the public, see what generates the most interest, build that game.

#11623 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They could be trial balloons, throw all their ideas out there to the public, see what generates the most interest, build that game.

Goodbye Food Truck...we hardly knew ye...

#11624 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Because it's just the crazy world of pinball. Nobody asks the common sense logical business questions.

It's how a Jpop happens, and dummies like me fall for it. Live and learn and know what to expect now.

What are your production capabilities? I don't want to order a game and get it 18 months later or even JJP style.

Bottom line, these aren't "industry gurus", they are mostly artists and creative guys.

They don't have a Gomez running operations.

Look at how Jack struggled for years at JJP.

That's the one thing i'd have to say. It has taken almost 10 yrs with JJP and they still can't get the production and marketing correct.

#11625 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Yeah that’s probably the logical answer. Others told me at the same show that I played Full Throttle that it was not troublesome or uncomfortable to them at all. I just know for me that it doesn’t work. My palms are snowflakes lol.

#11626 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That's possible. I'd also agree it feels like a pitch deck.

The suspicious thing is each designer has like what, at least 3 games? How does that work? Again, could be multiple concepts and they wanna see what sticks (BTW they all suck just do Goonies)

#11627 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah that’s probably the logical answer. Others told me at the same show that I played Full Throttle that it was not troublesome or uncomfortable to them at all. I just know for me that it doesn’t work. My palms are snowflakes lol.

Now That is a User opinion I appreciate. Thanks.

#11628 3 years ago

I’ll bump this thread for anyone else wants to vote (it’s not meant for comments- just the tally). I’ll post results here in a couple days...

62BE10BB-29D9-4469-A579-7CBD92F82080 (resized).png62BE10BB-29D9-4469-A579-7CBD92F82080 (resized).png
#11629 3 years ago

Oops

#11630 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's possible. I'd also agree it feels like a pitch deck.
The suspicious thing is each designer has like what, at least 3 games? How does that work? Again, could be multiple concepts and they wanna see what sticks (BTW they all suck just do Goonies)

Just do the wise move of Goonies ASAP ?

Maybe they want to die on the original theme sword first? To prove it can be done and learn the hard way?

You said it, the other concepts suck

Except maybe Merlin?

#11631 3 years ago

How many people think the Stern action button is annoying? The whole concept of “take your hands off the flipper buttons to play pinball” has never sat well with me. Hell, even with two extra buttons RIGHT NEXT TO THE FLIPPERS and we still missed the Magna-saves, (and don’t even say BK:SOR in the same breath, that is pure heresy), and now we have to “orchestrate” a winning game strategy using this, this, this “thing” called Pinbar(TM) with points and buying “rules” or “options” and micro transactions et al to let us get farther into the game? What ever happened to the simple “keep that ball alive” philosophy of the past, what, oh I don’t know, seventy to eighty years? At least 50 or so of my life. I like deep rule sets, but they have to be seamless during game play... when I need an iPad just to play pinball, I’ll launch Pinball Arcade on my iPad and use an iPad to play pinball. It sucks compared to real pinball, just like Pinbar sucked all the development money out of dr

#11632 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Go look up apple's history with Steve Jobs.

how many similarities can you find between jobs and mueller when it comes to the vision they have for their respective industries? kinda scary, all the way to the last line.

#11633 3 years ago

Ok, it just hit me. Someone before said it ! Why show all the stuff before you have something. We know who's method of operation that is !

Would not surprise me at all if John Popadiuk is running the show and Mueller is just a strawman. Think of it: why would anybody else say that such an individual as JPOP is his dear friend ??

I am always giving people the benefit of the doubt but this is so fishy that it just stinks too much.

#11634 3 years ago

Yeesh. 24 hours away from this thread and...

Endless Pinbar hate: Check!

No official updates on company trajectory or an actual fully realized explanation from deeproo: Also a big ass check.

I hope we get a whiff of a new plan here, one that might materialize sooner rather than later.

Excitement level: Definitely in check!

#11635 3 years ago

Yeah it’s too bad some idiot invented the “car”.Id much rather in a buggy smelling a horses arse.

94CBE904-0904-4722-837A-FC77C5687552 (resized).jpeg94CBE904-0904-4722-837A-FC77C5687552 (resized).jpeg
#11636 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

how many similarities can you find between jobs and mueller and their vision ?
kinda scary, all the way to the last line.

Yeah, but how does Food Truck™ fit into this analogy? Do we think it's closer to the iPod or the iPhone?

#11637 3 years ago
25F46056-A639-4889-905B-1A2C88A6EDCA (resized).png25F46056-A639-4889-905B-1A2C88A6EDCA (resized).png
#11638 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah it’s too bad some idiot invented the “car”.Id much rather in a buggy smelling a horses arse.

Of course we're anti-progress, this is a pinball forum. You may as well be posting at buggywhips.com. Pretty sure there's a PlayStation 5 with your name on it if you want the latest & greatest gaming experience.

#11639 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Of course we're anti-progress, this is a pinball forum. You may as well be posting at buggywhips.com. Pretty sure there's a Play Station 5 with your name on it if you want the latest & greatest gaming experience.

Cmon man there’s plenty to chose from now .Let the younger crowd (not me)get into the hobby.

#11640 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Plug it in and pray it works.

And if it doesnt, that is Gods will. You cant call support!

#11641 3 years ago

I assume the shooter lane is shorter and plunger is longer so the view of the ball isn't blocked by the (expletive deleted) touch screen?

#11642 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I assume the shooter lane is shorter and plunger is longer so the view of the ball isn't blocked by the (expletive deleted) touch screen?

I would not assume anything at this point, unless its a negative assumption, then I would go with that...

#11643 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The guy who commented on it is a personal friend and a legit pinball player. If it was uncomfortable, he would not have said it was fine.
This is a hill I'm willing to die on.

Have fun dying on that hill. If your buddy said it was fine then he wasn't really playing. I've owned a Stellar Wars for over 10 years so yes, I know from personal experience.

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg
#11644 3 years ago

You ever been on pinside, check a thread, read 20 posts, and wonder what thread your on?
Scroll up and check?
And then go, What The Fuck?
Love you guys.

#11645 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You ever been on pinside, check a thread, read 20 posts, and wonder what thread your on?
Scroll up and check?
And then go What The Fuck?
Love you guys.

Literally just had that moment and same thought LOL!! Too funny!

#11646 3 years ago

The more I think about this, it appears to be somewhat of a potential con job. DR invites 6 people and makes them sign oppressive NDAs, which threaten legal action on each one of them if they give their true opinions. They have been used in the con job as key pawns to blame on the “you’re not ready to reveal” fiasco.

They slapped a bunch of no value added nonsense, on a still not working RAZA, to show the investors they’ve scammed, that they’re doing something. Even though none of what they put on RAZA is actually real benefits, to the pinball playing experience.

No company or person in their right mind would get involved with JPOP as a business associate with his track record. Just as JPOP scammed everyone before, RM appears to have done an even more elaborate con, using investors money instead of pre-order money like JPOP did. This has been too elaborate of an effort to be sheer incompetence. No one is this stupid, after blowing that much money. Very cunning indeed.

#11647 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Scroll up and check?
And then go, What The Fuck?
Love you guys.

Just about every time I leave a post open on my phone. Start reading and have to double check.

#11648 3 years ago

I don’t get any of this. They had games playing pre-pandemic. They flipped. Why are there no comments whatsoever on playability of these games by any of the VIPs ? Why are there no photos of play in action ? Where is a single video describing gameplay ? Why are we only talking about backbox and Pinbar ? Did the computer crash and they had no backup ? Did they totally strip down and redo the electronics and not get it back together in time.

There was a reveal. There were stories on the reveal. There were demonstrations of feature sets. And yet they post a big disclaimer on the page that they need to go back to the drawing board ??? I smell a Chapter 7 commencing here shortly. Something just ain’t right with any of this

#11649 3 years ago

when your beer or pop is spilled on your pinbar, wonder what the replacement cost will be?
(or what Epay will be listing them for )
I would hate to have a commercial game out in the field...

#11650 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I assume it's a special gift from Deeproot for our annual Pinball Olympics : The invisible flippers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/233?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.