Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 672.
#11551 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I read this as "I will form my opinion based on a few photos and refuse to budge no matter what."

Lol, c'mon dude. Yes, I believe my eyes. It's a square-edged lockdown bar. They aren't comfortable.

#11552 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Lol, c'mon dude. Yes, I believe my eyes. It's a square-edged lockdown bar. They aren't comfortable.

These aren't normal lockdown bars... these are quad-edge(tm) lockdown bars. They are patent pending and will revolutionize the industry.

#11553 3 years ago

I got one of those Stellar Pain bars

3A54C1AC-03AB-4D6A-995A-58B15710BE0E (resized).jpeg3A54C1AC-03AB-4D6A-995A-58B15710BE0E (resized).jpegD942C3C0-B461-47FE-990C-E004C9A38888 (resized).jpegD942C3C0-B461-47FE-990C-E004C9A38888 (resized).jpeg
#11554 3 years ago

My guess is there is no issue with the lockdown bar.....they have way too many experienced pinball designers to make a mistake like that. I love the direction their going. Its a great idea to put game information on that lockdown bar. Its a lot easier to than looking up at the screen or even a small display located somewhere else on the play field. Now the question is can they actually make games, and at what price point.

#11555 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Also I don't quite understand the layout at the bottom ... like this is what I would expect a "macbook touch bar" integration to look like if they still want to sell this as a pinball machine ...
(sorry for the low effort photoshop image )
[quoted image]

I set this picture as my wallpaper on my phone

#11556 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

they have way too many experienced pinball designers to make a mistake like that.

Do they feel free to speak their minds without fear of repercussions?

#11557 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Do they feel free to speak their minds without fear of repercussions?

A safe assumption is YES....if the bar was slicing up hands clearly they would go in another direction....the cabinet, a pinBar are great innovations. I'm excited to see if they can actually make some games.

#11558 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's interesting reading the comments here on Pinside vs. comments in other pinball groups. Way more negative from the Pinside crowd that seems to want traditional pinball games with licensed themes. Nothing wrong with traditional pinball games of course, but it took other companies doing LCD screens years to push Stern in that direction, a new company needs to find a different market share and push innovation. If I'm to believe the comments people are making on Facebook pinball forums and other groups, there is actually a fair amount of excitement out there in the pinball community for alot of what's been revealed so far.

I am absolutely stoked. If they truly put out even half as many pins over the next year or two that they say, it will be a huge win.

I am tentative about their timeline and about the actual number of pins they can produce. I don't see how anyone couldn't be at this point...but a new company with fresh innovations is GREAT for pinball.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Jesus man. You haven't seen anything but a poorly designed black and white text image of a movie quote and you are like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!". Ok, I am taking preorders on several games for 2021. Amazing licenses with even more amazing movie quotes! Fuck it, I am going to take it one step further and promise these games by end of year. Take that deeproot![quoted image]

Rocky Horror?

#11560 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

if the bar was slicing up hands clearly they would go in another direction

No one thinks it's literally slicing hands. Just uncomfortable (or even painful) to play if you do any amount of nudging.

#11561 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No one thinks it's literally slicing hands. Just uncomfortable (or even painful) to play if you do any amount of nudging.

Which was explicitly disproven.

#11562 3 years ago

Soooooo......what exactly goes down at these pinball shows I just got into the hobby and am wondering what I’ll be walking into when they open again ?

589E358E-100C-49F3-BACC-A9FC306C369F (resized).png589E358E-100C-49F3-BACC-A9FC306C369F (resized).png7E3B1077-1666-402A-935A-5EA8DFEBBEDF (resized).jpeg7E3B1077-1666-402A-935A-5EA8DFEBBEDF (resized).jpeg
#11563 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Have u played it? Before jumping to a bunch of negative conclusions I would wait and see if its an issue....my guess is it is not, but only time will tell. This and the cabinet redesign are great innovations for pinball collectors that are not stuck in a time warp.

#11564 3 years ago

If Deeproot doesn't have a manufacturing line set up, and is still working out "technical issues" with RAZA (bumpy playfield coating, glitches with Pinbar, online connectivity, etc), 2021 is a laugh. My guess would be closer to 2023 or 2024.

#11565 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Soooooo......what exactly goes down at these pinball shows I just got into the hobby and am wondering what I’ll be walking into when they open again ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Bad hygiene and a 50 to 1 man woman ratio.

#11566 3 years ago

Frisco really is gonna die on this hill.

#11567 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Here's a TON of pics I took from 2018 Houston Arcade Expo: http://www.bradberryman.com/HAAG_2018.html

And the 2018 Texas Pinball Festival: http://www.bradberryman.com/TPF_2018.htm

#11568 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And crop dusting. You can't illustrate crop dusting with photos.

#11569 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lmmfao

#11570 3 years ago

Go play one of your machines with no lock down bar on it. Not saying that is the same thing, but should give you a feel for what it might be like. Might be fine for a game or two, but play that way for an hour and see what you think.

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And crop dusting. You can't illustrate crop dusting with photos.

Double lmmfao

#11572 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You're too generous. A pinball nerd fight would look like this.
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#11573 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I help put on the Northwest Show, highlights include:
-local collectors bring 400-500 games that are all set on free play and remain on the floor for 3 days/nights, lots of time to try out playing every game that's there
-big vendors and pinball companies set up booths showcasing a lot of the newest pinball games
-often there is a debut of new pinball games that haven't yet come to market, so your first chance to play a new game
-tech seminars so you can learn out fix your games or learn how to shop for your first used game
-speakers from the industry, often it's designers of new games discussing the new game and telling old stories
-pinball tournaments, often many of them over the weekend
-vendors from around the states selling their mods, parts, artwork, ramps, playfields, tshirts, etc.
-homebrew one of a kind pins and homebrew tech
-usually a fair amount of rare games you will never see on location to play
-our show does a lot of kid/family oriented stuff too like a kid's zone with smaller games, kid's pinball tournament, face painting
-parties and hangouts in nearby bars, arcades, hotel rooms, etc. at night... usually a fair amount of drinking
-a great opportunity to meet other collectors and players, chat with pinball designers and vendors, meet the heads of a lot of pinball companies
-buying and selling of games and parts

#11574 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

50 to 1 man woman ratio.

Not true of the NW show, not by a long shot. When I was there last year, there was a huge number of woman, and they were players and some really good ones at that.

#11575 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I help put on the Northwest Show, highlights include:
-local collectors bring 400-500 games that are all set on free play and remain on the floor for 3 days/nights, lots of time to try out playing every game that's there
-big vendors and pinball companies set up booths showcasing a lot of the newest pinball games
-often there is a debut of new pinball games that haven't yet come to market, so your first chance to play a new game
-tech seminars so you can learn out fix your games or learn how to shop for your first used game
-speakers from the industry, often it's designers of new games discussing the new game and telling old stories
-pinball tournaments, often many of them over the weekend
-vendors from around the states selling their mods, parts, artwork, ramps, playfields, tshirts, etc.
-homebrew one of a kind pins and homebrew tech
-usually a fair amount of rare games you will never see on location to play
-our show does a lot of kid/family oriented stuff too like a kid's zone with smaller games, kid's pinball tournament, face painting
-parties and hangouts in nearby bars, arcades, hotel rooms, etc. at night... usually a fair amount of drinking
-a great opportunity to meet other collectors and players, chat with pinball designers and vendors, meet the heads of a lot of pinball companies
-buying and selling of games and parts

I used to work at the Westin where they have the expo .All kidding aside I can’t wait to go to a show looks like a blast !

#11576 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

You're too generous. A pinball nerd fight would look like this.
[quoted image]

Triple lmmfao

#11577 3 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Go play one of your machines with no lock down bar on it. Not saying that is the same thing, but should give you a feel for what it might be like. Might be fine for a game or two, but play that way for an hour and see what you think.

Or work with your hands some and develop tougher hands. People are so afraid of how bad this will hurt and they haven't even tried it. Man up!

#11578 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not true of the NW show, not by a long shot. When I was there last year, there was a huge number of woman, and they were players and some really good ones at that.

There is a huge women's pinball scene in Seattle and Portland. The show features a big women's pinball tournament, there is a long running monthly women's tournament that has brought a lot of women into the community, lots of women collectors, many of the top ranked women players live here, and people in the Northwest have tried hard to make the show and the community inclusive and inviting to new players of all genders. I'm sure people are seeing that change happening all over, but maybe not quite to the same degree.

#11579 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Or work with your hands some and develop tougher hands. People are so afraid of how bad this will hurt and they haven't even tried it. Man up!

The "innovative" PinBar (tm copyright) ignores millions of years of evolution. Human hands are meant to grasp round objects, namely tree branches and the limbs of other animals.

That's why your rake, steering wheel, shifter, gun handle, dildo, pan handle, drinking glass... ARE ROUNDED.

#11580 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds![quoted image]

Was this actually posted somewhere? There is not a single theme that would make me "insta-buy" any game. The design team gets me more excited then the theme, but even then I'm still going to need some time on the game before putting down money. That said, let's have some fun. Alice is a cool them. I like darker takes on fairytales. Combat Racing could be cool. I certainly enjoy Mario Kart, but could also see how an unlicensed take on Twisted Metal or Carmageddon could be fun. Multiplex is a bit to vague for me to even guess. I'd love to see more games based on board games. I'm currently in the process of doing a Pandemic retheme, which I think could work well. King of Tokyo is not my favorite game, but I think it is the game that would make the best pinball machine. It's a kaiju battle royal. If the 80s theme were Goonies, I'm not sure I'd be overly excited. It's a fun movie, but I'm not sure where I'd take the rules in terms of pinball. Are you collecting treasure to save your homes? Avoiding the Fratellis? Feeding candy bar to Sloth? Truffle Shuffle Multiball? I like the movie, but it feels like it would need to be a collect characters type game. Anyway, probably replying to something fake, but whatever.

#11581 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The "innovative" PinBar (tm copyright) ignores millions of years of evolution. Human hands are meant to grasp round objects, namely tree branches and the limbs of other animals.
That's why your rake, steering wheel, shifter, gun handle, dildo, pan handle, drinking glass... ARE ROUNDED.

Is this a new leak?? Are you implying DR is working on a rectangular dildo!?!?! As long as they aren't taking preorder money I guess. Hope the touchscreen can handle a bit of abuse.

#11582 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

While I agree with this, I think that one of the examples was not primarily designed to fit "hands".

#11583 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

While I agree with this, I think that one of the examples was not primarily designed to fit "hands".

Where are you doing with the rake handle?!?

#11584 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Is this a new leak?? Are you implying DR is working on a rectangular dildo!?!?! As long as they aren't taking preorder money I guess. Hope the touchscreen can handle a bit of abuse.

Too late I already patented it. Pindildo(TM). Slap them on the side of your pinbar for that nice organic round feel!

#11585 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Except people who have actually tried firsthand this have said it is a non-issue.

#11586 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

One of these things is not like the others

#11587 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Except people who have actually tried firsthand this have said it is a non-issue.

Some engineer at Williams in 1978 probably said the same thing. I'll believe it when I can feel it in the palms of my grubby little hands

#11588 3 years ago

Now whe know why deeproot keeps delaying, nobody wants to touch the screen in corona times.
Hope its glove proof

#11589 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You would. That's what I said four days ago.
Makes you wonder who is making the decisions around there and who is getting listened to, and whether or not management is listening to the advice of employees.

Remember, there was that Glassdoor or Linkedin review of Deeproot. The employee said the "Owner" just made decisions on a whim.... So it sounds like its going to be Roberts way, and/or the Heighway(Pun intended, this will probably crash as Heighway did)

#11590 3 years ago

If I had to guess a big difference is that the PinBar was fabricated while real lockdown bars are stamped. This gives you complex curves and shapes made from the stretching of metal.

Whereas PinBar likely needed a very accurate LCD aperture so they laser cut it with tabs on the sides that were then bent 90 degrees, TIG welded and polished smooth.

A better solution would be to fire some more artists and use your Daddy War-Bucks to get a new stamp made. Then use a bezel interface between it and the LCD to hide errors and deviations.

#11591 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also don't assume that just because you have a dildo that others do also.

#11592 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll drop this gem again...

Those you can, do; those who can't...

#11593 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Until Deep Root came along and said..."Nah, were going to revolutionize evolution".

#11594 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Why do you keep saying this? I haven't seen any "first hand" accounts of the new PainBar (tm), just third-hand accounts of people who say they know people.

If I understand correctly they weren't even able to play the machine, as it wasn't working. There was a "brief gameplay" demo according to the TWIP press release but that doesn't exactly make it sound like any of the VIP Six (tm) were able to put any serious time on the game. So how would they know?

#11595 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Man you almost made me drop my lunch

#11596 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you keep saying this? I haven't seen any "first hand" accounts of the new PainBar (tm).
If I understand correctly they weren't even able to play the machine, as it wasn't working. There was a "brief gameplay" demo according to the TWIP press release but that doesn't exactly make it sound like any of the VIP Six (tm) were able to put serious time on the game.

Pay attention...that is the first time I said that. I am not going to do research for you, but the video was posted just a little bit back.

#11597 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I believe dr’s intent is for both displays to reflect the same info. For that reason, you should only count 1 screen for RAZA. The arcade model eliminates the backbox and the rear display anyways. The pinbar is a display AND a touchscreen and only access point for menu.
All Deeproot games will ship with one pinbar. If you buy the x or xtra models, you’ll get a duplicate display (slightly bigger but further away) under backbox. The pinbar can be removed and used elsewhere. When that happen, the source game is unplayable yet it will have zero displays.

Aaah ok, thank you for clarifying!

#11598 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Pay attention...that is the first time I said that. I am not going to do research for you, but the video was posted just a little bit back.

Pay attention: when claiming there's "first hand" evidence of something the burden is on you to provide it - by the very nature of your claim it's already "second hand."

You can't just youtube video this away. It's a hard angled lockdown bar and it's fucking stupid. They obviously need to change it so looks like another year minimum before we get to see that Food Truck prototype. Or they could just use the same normal lockdown bar we've all been happy with for 80 years instead of trying to shoehorn an ipad that nobody needs or wants into it.

#11599 3 years ago

Is there any photos of the more traditional looking back box yet?

#11600 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pay attention: when claiming there's "first hand" evidence of something the burden is on you to provide it - by the very nature of your claim it's already "second hand."
You can't just youtube video this away. It's a hard angled lockdown bar and it's fucking stupid. They obviously need to change it so looks like another year before we get to see that Food Truck prototype. Or they could just use the same normal lockdown bar we've all been happy with for 80 years instead of trying to shoehorn an ipad that nobody needs or wants into it.

You said I keep saying it, so that is why I say pay attention. It was the first time I said it.
So take the opinion of a group of pinsiders who have not touched the bar and have bashed this company relentlessly or take the opinion of someone who has actually touched and experienced it?

Grow up man.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/232?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.