• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 669.
#11501 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Deeproot would be smart to just contract out manufacturing the first title to AP...

AP tried to help out the JPop Zidware fiasco when they stepped up to make Magic Girl when JPop was initially designing Houdini, and (unfortunately) got backlash when the pin wasn't fully working. Not sure if they want to go near anything JPop related again.

Not sure if I got that 100% correct, but the point is...I bet there would be some hesitation since they got burned once before.

#11502 3 years ago

Got sent a leaked pic of one of the testers from the failed launch.

IMG_20200924_231752 (resized).jpgIMG_20200924_231752 (resized).jpg
#11503 3 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Right, and in addition, I was pretty annoyed when the Ricketts put a jumbotron at Wrigley Field that nobody asked for. The main reason I liked going to watch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field was the historic stadium. (I'm not a not a Cubs fan). Only Wrigley Field and Fenway Park still retain the feel of baseball's past, but now that is slipping away from all of these unwanted renovations to try and modernize things that don't need to be.

Some other good themes I thought of for pinball

They are trying to make baseball less boring to non fans that attend... attendance for baseball games has tanked over the years.

good luck there.. game is boring as shit.

Teams like Tampa literally give away tickets and no one shows up (pre-covid) and they actually have been a good team over the years.
pasted_imageGas station bathroom  Make a sandwich  Shopping mall  Commuting to work  Fast food Drive through  Car Wash (resized)pasted_imageGas station bathroom Make a sandwich Shopping mall Commuting to work Fast food Drive through Car Wash (resized)

#11504 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I believe dr’s intent is for both displays to reflect the same info. For that reason, you should only count 1 screen for RAZA. The arcade model eliminates the backbox and the rear display anyways. The pinbar is a display AND a touchscreen and only access point for menu.
All Deeproot games will ship with one pinbar. If you buy the x or xtra models, you’ll get a duplicate display (slightly bigger but further away) under backbox. The pinbar can be removed and used elsewhere. When that happen, the source game is unplayable yet it will have zero displays.

Read the TWIP article again...the Arcade Edition HAS A BACKBOX!!!

It is a standard style backbox with hinges, the panoramic wrap, and a 24” display.

Where in the world did you come up with this???

#11505 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Got sent a leaked pic of one of the testers from the failed launch.
[quoted image]

Ouch. Looks like the PainBar (tm) got her!

And the Pinball Wizard himself!

who-pete-bloody-hand (resized).jpgwho-pete-bloody-hand (resized).jpg
#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

He is always making up all kinds of stuff.

#11507 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the Pinball Wizard himself! [quoted image]

What part of Your hands hurt exactly when You played these games? You see to have some insight.

#11508 3 years ago

Your palms. WMS didn't want to make molds for their super widebody lockdown bars in the late 70s so they fabbed up bars by bending metal, leaving sharper corners that dig into your palms. They really do kinda suck.

#11509 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the Pinball Wizard himself! [quoted image]

that was the first recipient of the hammer testing

#11510 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Imagine having a bouncing/moving "boom" button instead of a static one, that's a simple idea...or have a virtual death save 2D "video mode" to try and bring the ball back to life again. Kinda like 3D Mario turning into 2D Mario and back again...3D ball -> 2D ball -> 3D ball again.

I prefer to spend my pinball time actually playing pinball, not a shitty video game. "Tap the moving thing on the iPad" is for seniors with dementia to keep their brains active.

#11511 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your palms. WMS didn't want to make molds for their super widebody lockdown bars in the late 70s so they fabbed up bars by bending metal, leaving sharper corners that dig into your palms. They really do kinda suck.

There’s like..a cluster of nerves right there too, right where the corner of the PainBar will dig into! It’s a pressure point, in an almost biblical spot that echoes Subliminally and culturally through the ages. Get me down off this pincross!!!

#11512 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Read the TWIP article again...the Arcade Edition HAS A BACKBOX!!!
It is a standard style backbox with hinges, the panoramic wrap, and a 24” display.

As the standard head wasn’t pictured, but rather the x head was shown twice, I got that mixed up. If I had read the description for the arcade model, it would have cleared things up.

#11513 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s like..a cluster of nerves right there too, right where the corner of the PainBar will dig into! It’s a pressure point, in an almost biblical spot that echoes Subliminally and culturally through the ages. Get me down off this pincross!!!

I am pretty sure they designed this "feature" specifically for Fire and Brimstone, the non-denominational religious blockbuster!

#11514 3 years ago

I'll drop this gem again...

#11515 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Every time I see this guy, I think he is "Mikey" on the old Orange County Choppers show. Acts about the same.

#11516 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The first 80% of a project is 20% of the work, and the last 20% is 80% of the work.

#11517 3 years ago

WARNING: Adult Language - Viewer Discretion Advised

TPN’s Zach spoke with deeproot Correspondent & VIP Media, Chris Chandler, about his experiences touring the deeproot facilities.

HUGE credit given to Chandler on this broadcast. Zach didn’t take it easy on him and asked the questions that needed to be asked. Chandler was not fazed and proved why he’s one of the best that TPN has to offer.

Thanks for representing The Pinball Network at the deeproot media event last week.

#11518 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

WARNING: Adult Language - Viewer Discretion Advised
TPN’s Zach spoke with deeproot Correspondent & VIP Media, Chris Chandler, about his experiences touring the deeproot facilities.
HUGE credit given to Chandler on this broadcast. Zach didn’t take it easy on him and asked the questions that needed to be asked. Chandler was not fazed and proved why he’s one of the best that TPN has to offer.
Thanks for representing The Pinball Network at the deeproot media event last week.

oh jeez- 2 Hours of podcast. Can I get the cliff notes Quibi version?

#11519 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is so much shade to throw at Jpop, you could cover the sate of Arizona with it. Over the almost 30 years of attending Expo and talking to insiders, the basic portrait I get is Jpop is a "visionary" but not much of an engineer, and that every Jpop title that comes to mind had to be actually completed by the engineering team, and if it wasn't for other peoples work, not one of Jpop's titles would ever have seen the light of day. I am glad these people exist because I enjoyed playing the games. But it made me very wary of the Zidware debacle, and along with dodgging all the TBL, SkipB, Aliens, and Predator bullets, makes me feel really good I waited for CGC to hand over $8300 to for my first true NIB.

#11520 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Clue #3, Fast forward to Expo 2014 i think it was or 2015, same one as the TBL launch and Hobbit artwork reveal disaster. And of course John bringing in the famous RAZA cab with those fancy lightening bolt hinges. It was just a freaking cab and while TBL was a scam then at least they actually had a flipping pin.

I thumbs down you because TBL was not a scam, just a bad situation that arose between DP and the company (ARA) that they had contracted out to build them.

to be best of my knowledge, barry is still building TBLs to [try] and honor all of the early achiever pre-paids and is making progress.

and while deeproot hasn't taken any money, it's been 4+ years of empty promises without a viable product to purchase and people are getting tired of the same old song and dance.

#11521 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I prefer to spend my pinball time actually playing pinball, not a shitty video game. "Tap the moving thing on the iPad" is for seniors with dementia to keep their brains active.

hey now! I resemble that remark

#11522 3 years ago

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds!

Screenshot_20200924-114514~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200924-114514~2 (resized).png
#11523 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Not a dig but license what technology? The lockdown bar? It’s my speculation that the lockdown bar is the reason they delayed the launch. I haven’t touched one but it looks painful in its current state.

There had to be more. They simply could have said this is a prototype, the edges will be smoothed and rounded and carried on.

#11524 3 years ago

Twisted Metal?

#11525 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

oh jeez- 2 Hours of podcast. Can I get the cliff notes Quibi version?

The lockbar does not cut into your hands no matter what all the experts here say I quit watching after that.

#11526 3 years ago

It's interesting reading the comments here on Pinside vs. comments in other pinball groups. Way more negative from the Pinside crowd that seems to want traditional pinball games with licensed themes. Nothing wrong with traditional pinball games of course, but it took other companies doing LCD screens years to push Stern in that direction, a new company needs to find a different market share and push innovation. If I'm to believe the comments people are making on Facebook pinball forums and other groups, there is actually a fair amount of excitement out there in the pinball community for alot of what's been revealed so far.

#11527 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Twisted Metal?

I would think yes.

#11528 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

The lockbar does not cut into your hands no matter what all the experts here say I quit watching after that.

You're going to take the Pinside hivemind over someone who actually played it and said straight up it doesn't cut into your hands?

#11529 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

HUGE credit given to Chandler on this broadcast. Zach didn’t take it easy on him and asked the questions that needed to be asked.

Are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person or are there two Zach's on TPN?

#11530 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're going to take the Pinside hivemind over someone who actually played it and said straight up it doesn't cut into your hands?

I can see we are unfamiliar with the concept of "hyperbole" around here.

Nobody really believes it will puncture your skin. Whether or not it's comfortable to play is another matter. Seems like most of the people who have played 90 degree angle lockdown bar games here don't think it will be. But as Panzer says 76 times a day, what do you want for your "6K to 9K pinball machine."

#11531 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe Pinside players have weak hands? I do wonder how people use tables and countertops if they fear normal edges and corners will hurt them.

#11532 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds![quoted image]

The Who machine sounds interesting, bands journey to find the pinball wizard?

Would this be the first adventure/story based rock band pin?

The Who are one of my favorite bands, could be good!

#11533 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Maybe Pinside players have weak hands? I do wonder how people use tables and countertops if they fear normal edges and corners will hurt them.

Do you grab the corners of dinner tables and shake them between each bite?

No?

Can I have bad analogies for $1000, Alex?

#11534 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Based on the commentary on this site, I'd bet a large majority still listen to the same music they liked in high school. Many people aren't interested in change and pinball is a particularly nostalgic hobby for some.

#11535 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Maybe Pinside players have weak hands? I do wonder how people use tables and countertops if they fear normal edges and corners will bloody them.

I was (pre-covid) in 3 pinball leagues.
We had 2 guys that always whore those finger cut-off gloves.
Never got that....your that intense of player?

#11536 3 years ago

The virtual pin company has that vertical cab with pointyish corners. Resting your palms where they need to go in order to use the flipper buttons is unpleasant. In fact it kept me from buying one.

#11537 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Who machine sounds interesting, bands journey to find the pinball wizard?
Would this be the first adventure/story based rock band pin?
The Who are one of my favorite bands, could be good!

No, it wont be the first.
See JJP thread for details.

#11538 3 years ago

If their hands sweat like mine, gloves can help maintain a grip on stainless lockdown bars while shoving the game.

#11539 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If their hands sweat like mine, gloves can help maintain a grip on stainless lockdown bars while shoving the game.

Thanks, wasn't thinking sweaty palms.
Reverse my decision, post covid when league is back later in 2021 or 2022....I will wear gloves now.

#11540 3 years ago

Sweet, like driving gloves! I can't believe no pinball companies have jumped on this and made designer fingerless pinball gloves. Maybe with some cool lightning flipper stripes down the fingers!

#11541 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do you grab the corners of dinner tables and shake them between each bite?
No?
Can I have bad analogies for $1000, Alex?

Yeah that's pretty bad.

I've "used" two desks and one table today for about a combined 3 hours. I did not have grasp the edges, slap them, or try to move the table around with edges once.

Because they aren't pinball machines and you don't use these kinds of "tables" that way.

For shits and giggles I just pretended this corner - the one with the gorilla - was a pinball machine. It was uncomfortable to "play." Try it (if you can find a desk or a table).

And then join the hive mind!
5258FED4-2286-42FF-A915-825328DAE6ED (resized).jpeg5258FED4-2286-42FF-A915-825328DAE6ED (resized).jpeg

#11542 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The guy who commented on it is a personal friend and a legit pinball player. If it was uncomfortable, he would not have said it was fine.

This is a hill I'm willing to die on.

#11543 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that's pretty bad.
I've "used" two desks and one table today for about a combined 3 hours. I did not have grasp the edges, slap them, or try to move the table around with edges once.
Because they aren't pinball machine lockdown bars.
For shits and giggles I just pretended this corner - the one with the gorilla - was a pinball machine. It was uncomfortable to "play." Try it!
And then join the hive mind!

You'd think Steve Bowden would have giving such feedback if it was really that bad.

#11544 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You'd think Steve Bowden would have giving such feedback if it was really that bad.

You would. That's what I said four days ago.

Makes you wonder who is making the decisions around there and who is getting listened to, and whether or not management is listening to the advice of employees.

#11545 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The virtual pin company has that vertical cab with pointyish corners. Resting your palms where they need to go in order to use the flipper buttons is unpleasant. In fact it kept me from buying one.

It seems like they put a large enough edge around the screen to be able to round the corners enough like and old school lock down bar to solve this problem. I'm more wondering are they going to keep the Pinbar at all after the criticism. I think the concept is cool, the execution looks clunky.

#11546 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, I'll take my years of experience playing old Williams games with square lockdown bars over comments from a deerpoot-approved "correspondent" who knows big shot Bob will threaten him with violating an NDA if he says anything too critical.

#11547 3 years ago

I don't have anything against the Who, however, I could really go without EVER hearing Pinball Wizard again in my life.

#11548 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is a hill I'm willing to die on.

Dude, not while I'm in the middle of taking a drink.

2020, the gift that keeps on giving.

#11549 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes, I'll take my years of experience playing old Williams games with square lockdown bars over comments from a deerpoot-approved "correspondent" who knows big shot Bob will threaten him with violating an NDA if he says anything too critical.

I read this as "I will form my opinion based on a few photos and refuse to budge no matter what."

Never change, Pinside.

#11550 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Goonies is already an "insta-buy, " but what about the combative racing license? If it is Mario Kart, then I am in trouble because I will have to come up with the funds![quoted image]

Jesus man. You haven't seen anything but a poorly designed black and white text image of a movie quote and you are like "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!". Ok, I am taking preorders on several games for 2021. Amazing licenses with even more amazing movie quotes! Fuck it, I am going to take it one step further and promise these games by end of year. Take that deeproot!

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/231?hl=papakilo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.