• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 669.
#11401 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Other than the PinBar I don't see anything new here that isn't purely cosmetic.

There is alot of potential when you mix in new control surfaces and displays... the question is simply will it be 1) fun and 2) interesting to those who like pinball

#11402 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Who was the dist and what was the price?

I mentioned it at the time when so many were whining about not being able to get one. His ad was up for weeks on local craigslist, before I inquired to double check availability. I inquired what spots he (Nitro) had available, and he said "In the 500's". The price was the same as everywhere else.

If you want to go back in time, follow the thread from here, and others said the same thing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/160#post-5414260

Edit: maybe it wasn't a couple months, just remember there being plenty of time to still order, someone else can calculate the dates, don't really care.

Edit: just checked my email, I inquired 12/29/2019, and he verified availability.

#11403 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I guess it depends what video game, the AC implementation seems fun, but sounded like it was supposed to be a bigger selling point. Not saying it was for that reason, but did that game ever even sell out?

Yes, it did sell out.

#11404 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Related to this and a question I wish would have been asked is "who is the target market" They talked about expanding the market...'a pinball in every home'
Leaving aside the price, I can't imagine any distributor touting many of these innovations. Imagine you're thinking it might be fun to get a pinball machine for the family. The salesman shows the fancy way the glass lifts up. "This makes accessing the playfield a breeze" Customer "why would I want to do that?" Salesman, "lots of reasons, to unstick a ball, fix a problem or just to wax the playfield periodically" And just look at this, as he shows the schematic on the underside of the playfield detailing hundreds of parts. Customer asks "what's that for?" Salesman "It's great, when you have an issue you can much more easily diagnose and replace the faulty part". "But that's nothing, just see how easy it is to cycle through all the service menus....wait don't leave, I haven't even shown you the self-leveling legs or the industrial strength storage crate you're gonna want!"
All of these things would seem to scream "Pinball is complicated, it breaks, it needs to be maintained", which doesn't seem to be a great message for market expansion.
It makes me wonder if they've decided to forego the noob home market and just concentrate on operator(s) and collectors? I guess if we knew pricing, we'd know.

My comment was in no way talking about the mechanical complexities of games. Beginners aren't thinking that far down the road at all. I just see novice players going more for my EMs because of the simple gameplay.

#11405 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you want innovation in your next car... and the innovator turn your next car into a DJ booth. Being upset over that isn't being against change... it's that you want improvements in the task and purpose of the item you are interested in.

Oddly I did just that! Even has karaoke which the kids love. Change can be scary but Sometimes you have to swallow the fear and progress.

IMG_5763 (resized).jpgIMG_5763 (resized).jpg
#11406 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is alot of potential when you mix in new control surfaces and displays... the question is simply will it be 1) fun and 2) interesting to those who like pinball

I think you honestly hit it on the head here! In 11,400 posts not a Single person posting has actually Played this game, Tried any of these changes, or even Seen this game in person. Yet, it Must be bad, not work, and be wrong for pinball? Not saying Everything will be great but it seems a Bit premature to call this a fail based on Nothing other then its Not what we have had.

#11407 3 years ago

When did zoomers become a thing?

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/160#post-5414260

Edit: maybe it wasn't a couple months, just remember there being plenty of time to still order, someone else can calculate the dates, don't really care.

And if you read the thread, you'll see a bunch of people asking WHERE DID YOU FIND ONE?! Even then people were clamoring for the game. Looks like a spot opened up after the initial flood. Spots open up even today... doesn't change the sellout status.

#11409 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

When did zoomers become a thing?

A while ago. Try to keep up, boomer

#11410 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Of course there is. I'm not saying there isn't at all, I'm saying the reveal should have been look how awesome this superfun pinball game is because of the new tech. Then nobody needs to argue about the corners being too sharp or how much beer it will hold, they will want to play the amazing game that uses it.

#11411 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And if you read the thread, you'll see a bunch of people asking WHERE DID YOU FIND ONE?! Even then people were clamoring for the game. Looks like a spot opened up after the initial flood. Spots open up even today... doesn't change the sellout status.

Be cynical and speculate as you like, the immediate "SOLD OUT" was just hype. Nitro's ad was up with availability and re-posted multiple times on craigslist, so didn't appear like cancellations to me. Others in the thread on calling around also found availability with their distributor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/161#post-5414427

#11412 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

A while ago. Try to keep up, boomer

I heard a boomer summoning?!
How may I assist you?

#11413 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

How may I assist you?

ROTFL

#11414 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

PinBar is stupid. It's ugly, uncomfortable and shows a very Boomer-esque misunderstanding of why Millenials and zoomers enjoy location pins in the first place - BECAUSE THEY'RE MECHANICAL AND RETRO.
In fact i'd argue pins would become more popular on location the FURTHER from a cell phone they get, not CLOSER.

If the Pinbar interacts with the actual physical parts of the pin as well as all the other basic stuff like score displayed, best shot available, high score entry then it sounds like a good thing. I can’t speak on how comfortable it is (but I’m sure not many people can) but hopefully they can get it to feel as traditional as possible. I will always welcome a good challenge and if Pinbar can bring that to the pinball world I’m definitely interested.

#11415 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

How may I assist you?

Mic drop, too funny.

#11416 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

How may I assist you?

DeadFlip Hey! Hipsters can't be Boomers!

#11417 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Of course there is. I'm not saying there isn't at all, I'm saying the reveal should have been look how awesome this superfun pinball game is because of the new tech. Then nobody needs to argue about the corners being too sharp or how much beer it will hold, they will want to play the amazing game that uses it.

I'm reminded of how people will put up with terrible service or location of a restaurant if the food is amazing (see Soup Nazi). If the game is amazing and fun, then almost everything else is moot. Unfortunately we don't have a game to play at this time.

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think you honestly hit it on the head here! In 11,400 posts not a Single person posting has actually Played this game, Tried any of these changes, or even Seen this game in person.

Sorry - that's a complete misrepresentation of what has transpired here.

1 - They have promoted what they want to do with it
2 - We have competencies to be able to form reasonable opinions of what those promoted items may mean to us
3 - We are not blind sheep that will simply follow the promises a perineal blowhard who can't deliver

4 - It can't be overlooked that 'playing the game' somehow wasn't part of the NDA release... I'm sure that's because they think they have some magic they don't want other companies copying... but it also speaks volumes about where they think they are with being able to get to market.

My comment was about keeping an eye open for POTENTIAL vs damning all futures. Much of the bashing is not about potential - but what we've already seen (or they refuse to show)

Again... this was a game that was supposed to be complete more than half a year ago. People had flights booked, hotels ready... to experience a grand multi-day reveal of the deeproot story. A plan that was stopped by covid right??? Wouldn't you love to hear the real planned agenda for that reveal?

Bob in Dec 2018 - that's right.. almost TWO years ago stated:
"We aren’t worried about spin or making anything positive or negative. It is very simple. I owe it to my staff that the blood, sweat, and tears (innovations) we have expended will be showcased and delivered to the public in the best possible way. That includes extra stress and cycle testing of new innovations; using additional time making sure launch titles are code and AV complete; increasing the durability of the playfield; and improving playfield assembly process efficiencies. Lastly, I’ve promised future customers that we will ship in two weeks of a sale being made. We simply will not reveal anything before being able to keep the promise by promptly shipping games after a reveal."

Nov 2019 when asked about production
"TWIP: Can you give an update on production – do you have an estimation on how close deeproot is to starting production?
RM: I’ll answer it like this. We will meet our modified Zidware deadline of June 30, 2020."

Now, three deadlines later... we still have an aborted launch, incomplete product, and no clear story on how they plan to get to market or improve upon the game they previously showed.

No one needs to 'play the game' to be able to form a valid opinion on the state of things.

#11419 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's some real innovations pinball could use:
1) Get rid of wires.
2) Put some drop down wheels at rear of cabinet so it becomes its own cart.
3) Use computer vision to track the ball
4) Expand the Stranger Things projector across the entire PF.
5) Use an RGB laser and galvo to paint FX under the targets.
6) Use computer vision to track players face and change perspective of LCD elements to simulate 3D
7) Spend money on mechs not art
8) Use the internet for something that makes sense, like daily challenges and leader boards.
Slapping on a LCD is not an innovation. Innovations should make the game itself better and easier to build. Hate em all you want but Stern Node boards are a step in that direction

Stern node boards are a fucking disaster.
Puts you totally at the mercy of the producing company. How any customer can like that concept is beyond me.

Regarding wiring, i would love to see digital switches implemented. No more matrix hazzle and serial wiring.
Standardicing controller boards for i/o dmx or such would also be great and would mean available spares ten years after company stops support.
The rest of innovations i'd like to see is cool mechs and gizmos interacting with the ball during gameplay

#11420 3 years ago

I hope these guys make it....they've come up with some great innovations.

#11421 3 years ago

What I'm also wondering right now is how long they want to support all their internet connected features, apps, and data collection/access across dozens of games and (let's be optimistic) tens or hundreds of thousands of players?

If you look at Nintendo, they had this "cool new feature" called Miiverse that they launched in 2012 and discontinued in 2017. That's only a lifespan of 5 years for a network feature from a giant company. Now a lot of WiiU titles have unusable (although not important) parts of the game.

Let's just imagine that this company and their games do well - they might have to support online feautues to 2060 and longer. People still enjoy games from 1970 today after all. How likely is that?

I know that Multimorphic and Dutch Pinball have done online connectivity before, and now JJP tries as well. But Deeproot wants to do things like social media integration (where the popular platforms completely change like every 5 years at most), video support calls and a "mobile iOS application", and I doubt this goes well when there are companies out there that can't even do one of these items as their only product without bugs and (security) issues.

#11422 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think you honestly hit it on the head here! In 11,400 posts not a Single person posting has actually Played this game, Tried any of these changes, or even Seen this game in person. Yet, it Must be bad, not work, and be wrong for pinball? Not saying Everything will be great but it seems a Bit premature to call this a fail based on Nothing other then its Not what we have had.

That’s the point isn’t it? We can’t play the game.

It has MANY storylines and a ton of history.

For any company to survive there has to be revenue

And if you think Pinside isn’t going to weigh in good and bad then you haven’t been paying attention. And I know you have

You tell me how production is going to happen?

What if they sell 5,000 units at the outset? Which should be a minimum goal right?

It’s not like “hey dudes, let’s throw some shit at the wall and hope we sell a few games and then like we will grab some beers and pizza and knock it out!”

I’m not waiting 18 months for a game like Spooky. Need to announce and ship

I know there is a plan and goals. Focus on that and not making it harder on yourself

#11423 3 years ago

Phew! Just caught up on the last 24 hours of Hype/Hate.

I only jumped back into this hobby seriously 2 years ago, and when presented with the coin door interface (Never really heard it's designation brought up.) I wondered why this archaic piece of equipment was the main interface for diagnositics, settings, etc, and not just a phone.

Again, (Also as a new owner) setting up a game, moving it, removing the glass, playfield movement, all things I felt were either confusing, outdated or inefficient.

So Robert and team have addressed these issues, and possibly improved upon them in ways that may OR may not effect the entire industry for years to come, just like JJP has done, and P3 has in some ways as well.

This is all amazing news!

The not so amazing news, that the next step needs discussed from deeproot IMMEDIATELY, as in literally yesterday, now that the proverbial pincat is out of the bag. Direction, explanations, and an actual REAL timeline needs put in place.

People do want and need innovation, and it seems like they've attempted to innovate on interface, build, connectivity, etc, and in NO WAY whatsoever have redesigned the game of pinball itself, just everything surrounding it. So as even diehards that state over and over again, how much pinball doesn't need to change. Well, deeproot hasn't changed it at all, but merely changed the wrappings it's been confined within for decades.

This...is a very, very good thing.

Now onto manufacturing...

#11424 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Stern node boards are a fucking disaster.

Ripping on Stern's node board is so 2016.

Don't you realize that Pinside moved on to ghosting, then pooling, then crappy printing?

Their node boards are pretty reliable these days.

#11425 3 years ago

Now onto manufacturing..

As if that’s the easy part Wes

I see the games. Tell me when I’m getting a game in my house after I put an order down? What’s the pricing structure?

It can’t be like JJP where 4 or 5 Stern games come in between

Seems like much of the jibber jabber doesn’t mean anything until we know basic important stuff like that

It’s pinball so it’s exciting times and there are things in there that can move the needle forward hopefully.

#11426 3 years ago

One of the things I had hoped we would see is the animations on the glass itself like certain slot machine technology.

That will be very cool when it happens

That’s kind of what P3 has done with the pf itself and motion sensor which is even more difficult I would think

#11427 3 years ago

Full Throttle was full of innovation too... No one wants that game.

No one buys games just to have innovation... They buy games they want to own.

#11428 3 years ago

People can say what they want, but the pinbar, and how u lift the play field is bad ass. On traditional games the apron is a total waste of space (ok maybe ok for rule cards, etc). Adding this feature is innovative and my guess will add a lot of value to the game. The other innovative item is how you can lift the glass on the play field. There is no arguing that way its been done for last 50 years isn't ideal. The third item is the pin armor coating, which addresses issues for companies like Stern, and JJP. Not sure its cost effective, but licensing these innovations to other manufacturing companies would be ideal

#11429 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

when presented with the coin door interface (Never really heard it's designation brought up.) I wondered why this archaic piece of equipment was the main interface for diagnositics, settings, etc, and not just a phone.

Because it's simple, time tested, rock solid technology that just plain works. I can navigate a Williams or Stern menu faster than you can do anything on a fancy touchscreen device. Never have to worry if my app is updated. Never have to go upstairs and grab my phone if I left it in the living room. Never have to troubleshoot the bluetooth dongle firmware or whatever the hell will inevitably break my ability to change something I can do in ten seconds with existing hardwired buttons. Don't have to worry about fat-fingering something on a touchscreen.

Ask any operator or longtime collector if they'd trade their coin door buttons for an app.

Quoted from wesman:

Again, (Also as a new owner) setting up a game, moving it, removing the glass, playfield movement, all things I felt were either confusing, outdated or inefficient.

Outdated, you mean like pinball itself? All of those things you listed have been distilled down to their simplest essence over decades. No frills, just basic, commercial-grade mechanical functionality that even a luddite old-school operator can figure out without software or even a paper manual.

#11430 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now onto manufacturing..
As if that’s the easy part Wes
I see the games. Tell me when I’m getting a game in my house after I put an order down? What’s the pricing structure?
It can’t be like JJP where 4 or 5 Stern games come in between
Seems like much of the jibber jabber doesn’t mean anything until we know basic important stuff like that
It’s pinball so it’s exciting times and there are things in there that can move the needle forward hopefully.

Oh, totally! That's where this is a massive failure, despite being...a massive success!

I'd have loved to see you and others like you with game in hand, well game room, months ago, and for that to not have happened this week, or any week just around the corner is a monstrous flop and disappointment.

Side note, what keeps hitting me about this reveal was when initially reading that article yesterday, so many things seemed like "Oh yeah, definitely makes sense. Simple and seems like that could have been implemented ages ago..." would pop into my head time, and time again.

How many folks here own or know heavy Ipad users? I've always heard such a wonderful complement towards Steve Jobs and Apple being, "They make products you never knew you wanted, but you do now." or something to that extent, and for me, so many basic enhancements have been unveiled, and they all seem like possibly elegant solutions for pinball problems we never knew we had or never knew how to adjust.

That to me is innovation!

But yeah, this pesky manufacturing thing, the thing Stern does so amazingly well, is still at the core of deeproot's largest issues to come.

#11431 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Now, three deadlines later... we still have an aborted launch, incomplete product, and no clear story on how they plan to get to market or improve upon the game they previously showed.

Are we positive that Deeproot doesn't have the GNR license? I'm starting to think they should change the name of this game to Chinese Democracy.

#11432 3 years ago

Fu**k the ipads and phones. Pinball should be pinball. That's the last thing I want integrated in to a pin.

Just make better pins. Have them be reliable. Manufactured well. Great support - if the first 3 are taken care of the support should not be a problem for the manufacturer.

#11433 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry - that's a complete misrepresentation of what has transpired here.
1 - They have promoted what they want to do with it
2 - We have competencies to be able to form reasonable opinions of what those promoted items may mean to us
3 - We are not blind sheep that will simply follow the promises a perineal blowhard who can't deliver
4 - It can't be overlooked that 'playing the game' somehow wasn't part of the NDA release... I'm sure that's because they think they have some magic they don't want other companies copying... but it also speaks volumes about where they think they are with being able to get to market.
My comment was about keeping an eye open for POTENTIAL vs damning all futures. Much of the bashing is not about potential - but what we've already seen (or they refuse to show)
Again... this was a game that was supposed to be complete more than half a year ago. People had flights booked, hotels ready... to experience a grand multi-day reveal of the deeproot story. A plan that was stopped by covid right??? Wouldn't you love to hear the real planned agenda for that reveal?
Bob in Dec 2018 - that's right.. almost TWO years ago stated:
"We aren’t worried about spin or making anything positive or negative. It is very simple. I owe it to my staff that the blood, sweat, and tears (innovations) we have expended will be showcased and delivered to the public in the best possible way. That includes extra stress and cycle testing of new innovations; using additional time making sure launch titles are code and AV complete; increasing the durability of the playfield; and improving playfield assembly process efficiencies. Lastly, I’ve promised future customers that we will ship in two weeks of a sale being made. We simply will not reveal anything before being able to keep the promise by promptly shipping games after a reveal."
Nov 2019 when asked about production
"TWIP: Can you give an update on production – do you have an estimation on how close deeproot is to starting production?
RM: I’ll answer it like this. We will meet our modified Zidware deadline of June 30, 2020."
No one needs to 'play the game' to be able to form a valid opinion on the state of things.

Great post and sums the situation up very well. We have seen the dog and pony show by these types before - many if not all, have not gone well.
Another one I'd like to give 12 upvotes to.

#11434 3 years ago

It's a manufacturing business, period, full stop. If you aren't manufacturing pins, you don't even have a business. Design is just one department that feeds the assembly line, like human resources, procurement, accounting, etc. Sure, design is the part that excites us, but it's not a business. It's just an expense.

The. Line. Is. Everything. And I haven't seen any evidence that deerpoot has one.

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Because it's simple, time tested, rock solid technology that just plain works. I can navigate a Williams or Stern menu faster than you can do anything on a fancy touchscreen device. Never have to worry if my app is updated. Never have to go upstairs and grab my phone if I left it in the living room. Never have to troubleshoot the bluetooth dongle firmware or whatever the hell will inevitably break my ability to change something I can do in ten seconds with existing hardwired buttons. Don't have to worry about fat-fingering something on a touchscreen.
Ask any operator or longtime collector if they'd trade their coin door buttons for an app.

Outdated, you mean like pinball itself? All of those things you listed have been distilled down to their simplest essence over decades. No frills, just basic, commercial-grade mechanical functionality that even a luddite old-school operator can figure out without software or even a paper manual.

Multiple upvotes here too.

#11436 3 years ago

How long can a pinball company exist without selling anything?

Is there a current record dr is trying to beat?

What's the list of pins that have shipped since RAZA/BHZA was first announced back in 2013?

#11437 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I see all of those as modern ways to introduce not just better functionality for a game, but most of all accessibility.

Baseball was pretty aged, over 50 years old prior to it being televised for the very first time in 1939. Television, then later cable, then online and phone accessibility only helps to provide larger groups of people the ability to enjoy and engage with the sport as a whole. Baseball hasn't really shifted much rules wise, in 130 plus years of it's existence, but the framework around it has, and in doing so has kept it modern, alive, and most importantly, in existence.

#11438 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a manufacturing business, period, full stop. If you aren't manufacturing pins, you don't even have a business. Design is just one department that feeds the assembly line, like human resources, procurement, accounting, etc. Sure, design is the part that excites us, but it's not a business. It's just an expense.
The. Line. Is. Everything. And I haven't seen any evidence that deerpoot has one.

BINGO

#11439 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not to mention app development, security, etc. Someone has to create the app you're going to use to communicate with the game. You gotta get the app accepted on the respective app stores. Of course, you have to lock out joe public from messing with your game on location, so the app has to have security and now you have user accounts and ACLs. Yea.. "just a phone."

4 buttons behind a locked coindoor work amazingly well by comparison.

#11440 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Fu**k the ipads and phones. Pinball should be pinball. That's the last thing I want integrated in to a pin.
Just make better pins. Have them be reliable. Manufactured well. Great support - if the first 3 are taken care of the support should not be a problem for the manufacturer.

Aaaaaaand multiple other companies have been doing just that for the last decade.

What harm comes from a different company doing something...different? None. (Excluding boasting and such.)

I'm happy Stern exists. But they exist to produce, and produce, and produce, and sans competition, their design elements will never shift or progress. JJP helped push them forward. Now hopefully deeproot can put up, and also possibly help push other companies forward as well.

Or we can just keep getting the same stylings of pins every quarter, and wonder why they can often feel so similar to what a Stern game was from 3 years prior.

Options aren't ever bad. Monopolies sure as hell are though!

#11441 3 years ago

one thing i am also worried about :

"Purchase games or additional content"
In gamy buying ? Unlock rules with paypal?
Or buying updates?

#11442 3 years ago

Don't see Deeproot doing it Wesman. Have doubts they will. Sure I'd like to see it. But I think they are prone to failure with the time and what we have seen and not seen so far.

Yes multiple companies have done it. Deeproot - nope. Not even close.

#11443 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. Isn't that hard to make a game (unless your Jpop) Manufacturing is where the rubber hits the road.

Ask DP about the vast canyon between game and production.

#11444 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Nope 70's haha, but someone seriously needs to make Sesame Street number count.
[quoted image]

If someone wants to put this game together for real, please contact me.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#11445 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Manufacturing is where the rubber hits the road.

How long did it take Spooky and JJP to bring manufacturing on line? And they are no where near Stern's level, which is where DR needs to be at financially.

#11446 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't see Deeproot doing it Wesman. Have doubts they will. Sure I'd like to see it. But I think they are prone to failure with the time and what we have seen and not seen so far.
Yes multiple companies have done it. Deeproot - nope. Not even close.

I definitely agree.

They've done a tremendous amount of work, and also have a tremendous amount ahead of them.

Crazy fucking company that in one day goes from massive expectations, to massive disappointment, to then just massive confusion.

Ultimately I hope they do right by those affected by Zidware, at the very least.

#11447 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Full Throttle was full of innovation too... No one wants that game.
No one buys games just to have innovation... They buy games they want to own.

Ironically that lockdown bar...or rough corners killed that game for me...I think my palms still hurt from playing it.

#11448 3 years ago

Deeproot are on track to release less pinball machines this year than any pinball company in History.

#11449 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Crazy fucking company that in one day goes from massive expectations, to massive disappointment, to then just massive confusion.

Well, a lot of that is just pinside being pinside. A lot of people seem eager to call their failure and be the 'I told you' guy. I guess that's Jpop's stain on things.

#11450 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Deeproot are on track to release less pinball machines this year than any pinball company in History.

Tied with JJP right now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/229?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.