Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 672.
#11251 3 years ago

Aside from what to think about Deeproot it's kind of funny:

Pinside: We finally want innovative themes and not just another Avengers pin.

DR: Announces that they plan to do a FoodTruck themed pin.

Pinside: WTF are they out of their mind. Why would I buy a pin that has no big license as a theme.

You just have to link the past 2 pages to anyone that comes up with the question in the future why we see no original titels.

#11252 3 years ago

I hope the delay will not be too long, i am very interested how all this new innovations play out. As an operator i welcome things like remote online machine access, the level assistant and the easy serviceable playfield.

#11253 3 years ago

The pinbar sounds pretty cool, but it’s probably going to take a bit of time before pinheads start to realize that. From the video on TWIP it seems to be way more than just a new settings menu. If they can incorporate it into gameplay(seems like that’s DR plan)it can add some new and exciting modes/video modes and will also add more interaction with your pin. I would welcome the opportunity to turn up/down the sound while I have a ball trapped or possibly turn up/down flipper strength as well. Hopefully DR can put something on a line and ship a pin out soon.

#11254 3 years ago

Pinbar reservoir looks about 18"x4" and a quarter inch deep, which is 18 cubic inches, almost exactly ten fluid ounces. Won't quite hold a beer, especially not at playing pitch.

#11255 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The pinbar sounds pretty cool, but it’s probably going to take a bit of time before pinheads start to realize that. From the video on TWIP it seems to be way more than just a new settings menu. If they can incorporate it into gameplay(seems like that’s DR plan)it can add some new and exciting modes/video modes and will also add more interaction with your pin. I would welcome the opportunity to turn up/down the sound while I have a ball trapped or possibly turn up/down flipper strength as well. Hopefully DR can put something on a line and ship a pin out soon.

This will be great for the youngsters, my 5yr old neighbour missie is already holding her own iphone, and my daughter and son are stuck to their phone and laptop.
This will feel natural to them!

I personaly dont NEED it but its pretty cool.
The "nut speakers" i dont get.
But maybe it adds a special sensation?

#11256 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

This will be great for the youngsters, my 5yr old neighbour missie is already holding her own iphone, and my daughter and son are stuck to their phone and laptop.
This will feel natural to them!
I personaly dont NEED it but its pretty cool.
The "nut speakers" i dont get.
But maybe it adds a special sensation?

DR might have a few blown speaker complaints when pinheads turn up the bass and max out the front speakers

#11257 3 years ago

To you guys talking about not liking Deeproot original themes. To each his own. Personally, I like all of the original deeproot themes (except Fire and Brimstone). Of everything they had listed I thought Merlin's arcade had the most potential. I realize some of you guys prefer Goonies and The Who, but at least a few of us (me) prefer the non-licensed games.

However, as I am not a NIB buyer I only help keep used prices up.

You see me poking fun at Deeproot in here (I worked in a pet store in college next to JBJ aquariums that remind me heavily of the head of this thing... which I like), I really do hope they succeed. I don't know how they stay afloat and ever turn a profit, but more pinball delivered is always a good thing. If they were taking pre-order dollars it would be a different story, but for now they are at least trying.

Edit: And the in game art on these all looks really great.

#11258 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Working on a sick new unreleased Deeproot game in their point and click programming interface![quoted image]

wow great, do you have a sharper image.

#11259 3 years ago

In my opinion they are setting up for failure. Why? Because they make the same mistake as other failed pinball companies have made, namely customisation. It is a logistical nightmare to provide many different options when ordering. That is why Stern does not do this. If you want a Stern Premium with the anti-reflection glass, you need to buy the Premium AND the ant-reflection glass. There is no option to change that,

Stern knows that this is a PITA, also to administer and also the distributor has to keep track of which box is for which customer. With a Stern a distributor can deliver a Premium to anyone that ordered a Premium.

Do not get me wrong: I would like more customisation options and Spooky for instance does a good job of offering it, but they are somewhat smaller in absolute numbers than Deeproot is aiming to be. It looks like Deeproot wants to run before they can walk. I would have kept it simple and tried to make a Pinball machine first and tons of options later, IF that was needed/feasable.

#11260 3 years ago

It looks like the "pro and le gets" the same gameplay.
Only different backbox cabinet finishes and extra speakers.
just like the old days.

#11261 3 years ago

I could give two craps about all this “innovation”. The only innovation I care about is interesting mechs that make the ball do something cool. I don’t see any of that under the glass.

The other thing I care about is a fun shooting game with fun and complete code. What do the invited pinball news people think of the code?

#11262 3 years ago

I don't need a licensed theme - But you have to hit the trifecta with an original theme for it to work:
- Theme still has to be good
- Art has to be great
- Gameplay has to be really fun

Most recent original themes have not hit all 3
Dialed In, Food Truck, Octoberfest are not there - they all missed on 1 or 2 of those points
Heist is actually a cool theme with great artwork that I would consider if there was one in my area to play

#11263 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I could give two craps about all this “innovation”. The only innovation I care about is interesting mechs that make the ball do something cool. I don’t see any of that under the glass.
The other thing I care about is a fun shooting game with fun and complete code. What do the invited pinball news people think of the code?

Something still doesn't add up with the information released and my money is on the gameplay. They said raza was experiencing technical issues and also that the people invited down there convinced deeproot they weren't ready yet to show this to the public. What noone has said is what was so bad that they had to postpone the launch? Did deeproot change raza and make it unplayable? Did Deeproot plan to show the game being played and it was simply unplayable with say reset issues? Was the delay necessary because the arcade cabinet, lit petg sides, and assembly line not ready?

I'm just really curious to know the full story. If we knew the full story, we could make more educated guesses.

#11264 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm just really curious to know the full story. If we knew the full story, we could make more educated guesses.

I was wondering exactly the same. Cary is so positive in his video, but ultimately he is happy they did not launch. Why not I must ask. Seems to me they AGAIN did a good marketing job without anything substantial to show. Anybody remember when Kaneda was so hyped about WW after visiting JJP ? Seems the same to me here. Never seen Cary so understanding haha.

If we knew the full story we would not have to guess. If it is so promising then just tell what the problem is. Most of us are adults ( ) here and we understand that problems need to be fixed. If you do not say what the problems are and also need to have an NDA shutting peoples mouths then just f it.

#11265 3 years ago

After wading through the posts in this thread and reading the updated TWIP article, I agree that there is a more positive outlook. However, my question is has Deeproot issued any updated timeline? For example, RAZA just needs some tweaking and not a complete overhaul. When? When? When?

#11266 3 years ago

They mentioned gameplay integration with their new touchscreen, so I went throught the list of recent games and thought about what could be done with it:

Would definitely improve the game

• GOT and SW - Contextual UI action button instead of just a different color
  • GOT - "Hidden" way to access house selection while still keeping the game in novice mode with stark only for locations
  • GOT - more shop options
  • GB - negative reinforcement mode could actually be enjoyable
  • Batman '66 - Select between normal and alternate version for each villain separately at the start of the game
  • Batman '66, Deadpool & AVIQ- UI gadget / boom button (could show what it will hit and the value it will award)
  • SW - Move the stupid multipliers to a shot instantly and in an easy way instead of seeing peoples head explode when trying to tell them what to do
  • Houdini - Integration of swipe feature on the screen for the card toss video mode
  • POTC - instantly select a pirate lane award and also show not available ones as greyed out
  • POTC - play liars dice with better controls
  • JP - Select smart missile award instead of spam flipping
  • JP, TMNT, TNA, ACNC - more obvious mode select on game start instead of a hidden menu (e.g. coop or challenges)

Nice to have

• GOT - more obvious house select on game start
  • TWD - line up Woodbury award
  • TWD - access to both bombs at all times
  • WOZ - Switching between the status screens for the diffrerent game areas
  • Hobbit - Ring button
  • Aerosmith & Mustang - Set the target ball count for Multiball to automatically abort
  • Oktoberfest - Select and start tent mode
  • BKSOR - magna save on the right side of the screen instead of the middle
  • JP - Select control room mode
  • TMNT - more obvious turtle select on game start with the info for each one visible at once
  • AVIQ - select quests with the info for each gem visible at once

Controls could be put on the screen but i don't know if it acutally improves something instead of just putting it on the touchscreen because you have one

• mode select on Metallica, ACDC, Star Trek, KISS, Aerosmith, GOTG and Deadpool
  • Hobbit - Select a mode on the screen instead of spam flipping
  • Batman '66 - Select TV mode (each one has info attatched to it so that you have to flip through them anyways)
  • Alien - Select movie at the start of the game
  • DI - Select next phone mode before starting it instead of the flippers changing which one is lit
  • Oktoberfest - Collect stein (each one has info attatched to it so that you have to flip through them anyways)
  • POTC - select character (each one has info attatched to it so that you have to flip through them anyways)
  • R&M - Select mode nr. 10

Would make the gameplay worse if they use a touch screen instead of buttons

• Star Trek - punch it would turn into an unintuitive UI button
  • GOT and SW- mode select (too many options, flipping though them might actually be easier than selecting one house or two houses or none)
  • Star Wars - tie fighters
  • Star Wars - video mode controls
  • POTC - collect gold
  • TMNT - pizza eating
#11267 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

After wading through the posts in this thread and reading the updated TWIP article, I agree that there is a more positive outlook. However, my question is has Deeproot issued any updated timeline? For example, RAZA just needs some tweaking and not a complete overhaul. When? When? When?

Based on how things have gone, I think we'll be lucky if there is another attempt at a launch for TPF.

#11268 3 years ago

They seemed to completely hide manufacturing capability from the announcement, which leaves me with the impression they have zero at this time. If that is the case, I'd be shocked if games were available to ship before Q3 or Q4 2021.

#11269 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They seemed to completely hide manufacturing capability from the announcement, which leaves me with the impression they have zero at this time. If that is the case, I'd be shocked if games were available to ship before Q3 or Q4 2021.

Fair, and concerning.

#11270 3 years ago

Barry oursler "old"games are very innovative and have alot of industry first megs and complex layouts.
So his games can be great.
Raza will do the trick for now.
I like JPop games so lets see wat brings the future.
I think the lockbar display is okay now i know the meaning. I like the superwide display.
I prefer a standard backbox.
We all like the b/w games from the 90's so the "feel good" quality is coming back.
After all dose years the waiting is almost over.

#11271 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's not in the allowed "talking points" Neil. Not a peep.
We are back into total fantasy land here again. Look at this, look at that, now how do they actually get made, in any volume.
I'm sure Bob has threatened these guys if they go outside the NDA. Well, we know that he has.
The NDA is as worthless as the paper it's written on. While i would try and comply out of courtesy, the DAMAGES as a result of any violation would be ZERO. Any damages are SELF INFLICTED.

and thus unfortunately those present end up being part of a shill process. They may not have chosen to do that but that's sadly the end result. Seen it done many times.

#11272 3 years ago

Cool. I don't have to use flipper buttons to put my high score in!

#11274 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't need a licensed theme - But you have to hit the trifecta with an original theme for it to work:
- Theme still has to be good
- Art has to be great
- Gameplay has to be really fun
Most recent original themes have not hit all 3
Dialed In, Food Truck, Octoberfest are not there - they all missed on 1 or 2 of those points
Heist is actually a cool theme with great artwork that I would consider if there was one in my area to play

Completely agree but lets make it a quadfecta and add sounds to the list. I can get down right stupid about a great sound package.

And for those that don't care for the front speakers, I'm going to reserve judgment. If nothing else it tells me that Deeproot is putting a lot of thought into all of this.

#11275 3 years ago

Anyone find it strange that Cary Hardy isn't giving his opinion of any of this stuff? The video was just him reading the TWIP article. The only thing I picked up on is that he wasn't happy with the "orange peel" finish of the playfield. Is he not allowed to say if the game is any good?

#11276 3 years ago

Also I don't quite understand the layout at the bottom ... like this is what I would expect a "macbook touch bar" integration to look like if they still want to sell this as a pinball machine ...
(sorry for the low effort photoshop image )

raza2 (resized).jpgraza2 (resized).jpg
#11277 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The fact that Robert talks about octo manufacturing, and now we see the bottom side of the playfield printed like a schematic (every single component and wire labeled IN COLOR) which adds cost, I'm guessing manufacturing is going to be contracted out. The playfield in a sense becomes a giant drawing to follow along. I know gottlieb used to print on the underside, but gottlieb also built over-engineered tanks (and were the first company to go out of business in the 90s).

playfield schematic (resized).pngplayfield schematic (resized).png
#11278 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Anyone find it strange that Cary Hardy isn't giving his opinion of any of this stuff? The video was just him reading the TWIP article. The only thing I picked up on is that he wasn't happy with the "orange peel" finish of the playfield. Is he not allowed to say if the game is any good?

I'm not a fan of his videos at all, which is why I typically don't watch them. However, I watched the RAZA ones to get some new info. It was a waste of 30-40 minutes because, as you said, all he did was read the TWIP article.

That said, the complete lack of any opinion was curious. Is he legally restricted from expressing opinions? I wouldn't think Robert would have an issue with someone saying something was cool. But all he would say was how glad he was it got delayed. Is that because tweaking a few things would show it in its proper glory or because the whole thing was a shitshow and showing before making an overhaul would make DR look like (more of) a laughing stock?

#11279 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

They mentioned gameplay integration with their new touchscreen, so I went throught the list of recent games and thought about what could be done with it:

GOT - Contextual UI action button instead of just a different color

GOT - "Hidden" way to access house selection while still keeping the game in novice mode with stark only for locations

GOT - more shop options

GB - negative reinforcement mode could actually be enjoyable

Batman '66 - Select between normal and alternate version for each villain separately at the start of the game
Batman '66, Deadpool & AVIQ- UI gadget / boom button (could show what it will hit and the value it will award)

SW - Move the stupid multipliers to a shot instantly

SW - Contextual UI action button instead of just a different color

Houdini - Integration of swipe feature on the screen for the card toss video mode

POTC - instantly select a pirate lane award and also show not available ones as greyed out

POTC - play liars dice with better controls

JP - Select smart missile award instead of spam flipping

JP - more obvious mode select on game start instead of a hidden menu

TMNT - more obvious mode select on game start instead of a hidden menu

Nice to have

GOT - more obvious house select on game start

TWD - line up Woodbury award

TWD - access to all bombs at all times

WOZ - Switching between the status screens for the diffrerent game areas

Hobbit - Ring button

Aerosmith & Mustang - Set the target ball count for Multiball to automatically abort

Oktoberfest - Select and start tent mode

BKSOR - magna save on the right side of the screen instead of the middle

JP - Select control room mode

TMNT - more obvious turtle select on game start with the info for each one visible at once

AVIQ - select quests with the info for each gem visible at once

Controls could be put on the screen but i don't know if it acutally improves something instead of just putting it on the touchscreen because you have one

mode select on Metallica, ACDC, Star Trek, KISS, Aerosmith and Deadpool

GOT - mode select (too many options, flipping though them might actually be easier than selecting one house or two houses or none)

Hobbit - Select a mode on the screen instead of spam flipping

Batman '66 - Select TV mode (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

Alien - Select movie at the start of the game

DI - Select next phone mode before starting it instead of the flippers changing which one is lit

Oktoberfest - Collect stein (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

POTC - select character (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

R&M - Select mode nr. 10

Star Trek - punch it would turn into an unintuitive UI button

Star Wars - tie fighters

Star Wars - video mode controls

POTC - collect gold

TMNT - pizza eating

How dare you bring a well thought-out list of potential uses for "PinBar" into this thread, are you trying to get people's hopes up unrealistically??

I've been thinking about ways it could be used to help guide players through the game without them having to look up at the screen. Kind of like the compass on JJPOTC but even better because of so much more real estate. I do like the Photoshopped image of it being half height above but as they said they would then have to deal with scaling between two different displays and that would definitely add complexity to the programming.

#11280 3 years ago

The online stuff seems nice but ops may not want to pay per mouth / game on an 9K+ game they put on site.

#11281 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

[...] but as they said they would then have to deal with scaling between two different displays and that would definitely add complexity to the programming.

Look at the image from TWIP where they show it during gameplay https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/IMG_4294-1.jpg

They don't mirror the display in the back, they show completely different stuff.
... yes, maybe that DMD style div in the middle is the same as in the back, but then they might as well scale it down by half and add all the info around it instead of in small boxes on top of that div.

... they want to do two screens, and one is a display and one is "an interactive touchscreen gameplay menu thingy". Fine, but then at least use them properly instead of just doing the heighway thing and just mirroring the back display onto the playfield.

Edit: also what they curently show is just oversized buttons that might as well fit on half the screen height.

#11282 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

He is bound by the NDA, and Robert only released them from the parts of the NDA covered in the TWIP article. However, that NDA could probably be easily challenged in court if it came down to it, but who has the time and money for that? Cary could surely say "my feelings" or "in my opinion" and sidestep a lot of what is covered in the NDA. However, I am sure he wants to be invited back again sometime...so he has to tow the company line and be the mouthpiece for Robert. This is the fine line podcasters must walk when they decide to head toward growth and income over just doing a podcast for fun. Everyone has a price...

...but controlling the narrative with your big hammer every step of the way can backfire on you as well.

#11283 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

GOT - Contextual UI action button instead of just a different color

GOT - "Hidden" way to access house selection while still keeping the game in novice mode with stark only for locations

GOT - more shop options

GB - negative reinforcement mode could actually be enjoyable

Batman '66 - Select between normal and alternate version for each villain separately at the start of the game
Batman '66, Deadpool & AVIQ- UI gadget / boom button (could show what it will hit and the value it will award)

SW - Move the stupid multipliers to a shot instantly

SW - Contextual UI action button instead of just a different color

Houdini - Integration of swipe feature on the screen for the card toss video mode

POTC - instantly select a pirate lane award and also show not available ones as greyed out

POTC - play liars dice with better controls

JP - Select smart missile award instead of spam flipping

JP - more obvious mode select on game start instead of a hidden menu

TMNT - more obvious mode select on game start instead of a hidden menu

Nice to have

GOT - more obvious house select on game start

TWD - line up Woodbury award

TWD - access to all bombs at all times

WOZ - Switching between the status screens for the diffrerent game areas

Hobbit - Ring button

Aerosmith & Mustang - Set the target ball count for Multiball to automatically abort

Oktoberfest - Select and start tent mode

BKSOR - magna save on the right side of the screen instead of the middle

JP - Select control room mode

TMNT - more obvious turtle select on game start with the info for each one visible at once

AVIQ - select quests with the info for each gem visible at once

mode select on Metallica, ACDC, Star Trek, KISS, Aerosmith and Deadpool

GOT - mode select (too many options, flipping though them might actually be easier than selecting one house or two houses or none)

Hobbit - Select a mode on the screen instead of spam flipping

Batman '66 - Select TV mode (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

Alien - Select movie at the start of the game

DI - Select next phone mode before starting it instead of the flippers changing which one is lit

Oktoberfest - Collect stein (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

POTC - select character (each one has info attatched to it that you have to flip through them anyways)

R&M - Select mode nr. 10

Star Trek - punch it would turn into an unintuitive UI button

Star Wars - tie fighters

Star Wars - video mode controls

POTC - collect gold

TMNT - pizza eating

The Pinbar (TM) is likely over-engineered, like most of the "innovations" they showed. But with some creativity, there could actually be a lot of cool interaction with the game.

Imagine something like the crane in Batman. Let's say you needed to line up the crane at different hotspots and then bash it with the ball. You could quickly use the touchscreen to move it to the location you want before shooting it.

Or something like the cryo-claw (or whatever it is in Demoman). Let's say that thing was active during a multiball and you needed to drop the ball down a certain path to setup the Super Jackpot. You shoot the ball up into the claw and then hit the right touchscreen item (while trying to keep other balls in play) to return the ball for a kill shot.

There actually are a lot of creative ways it could be used as a HUD for risk-reward elements during the game, in addition to the more versatile and streamlined interface than the Action Button.

#11284 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Also I don't quite understand the layout at the bottom ... like this is what I would expect a "macbook touch bar" integration to look like if they still want to sell this as a pinball machine ...
[quoted image]

I bet you take that pf and put it in a regular game cabinet, and might end up with a decent deck. I can even dig the "Kronos" style backbox...but that lock down bar/pinbar... I don't know.

#11285 3 years ago

I will admit... the games looks a lot better in the videos than it does in static images
Artwork is beautiful .. who is the artist?

#11286 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

and thus unfortunately those present end up being part of a shill process. They may not have chosen to do that but that's sadly the end result. Seen it done many times.

The word Shill implies something sinister and I find that wholly unfair to Cary Hardy and Jeff at TWIP. I've been following them both for a long time and that is not my sense at all.

#11287 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

[...] There actually are a lot of creative ways it could be used as a HUD for risk-reward elements during the game, in addition to the more versatile and streamlined interface than the Action Button.

Yeah I would especially enjoy seeing something very flashy and attention grabbing that is easily understandable for newer players. E.g. on Deadpool, imagine if the middle third of the touchscreen tuns into a blinking red BOOM button (with BOOM written on it and it could say "awards 99,999,990" or however many points) and the game yells "hit the boom button", but you only have like 5 seconds to press it before it disappears.

#11288 3 years ago

The backbox looks great, however it will not be able to show movie-clips, so less integration. The ipad seems really odd, and not that useful, and since it´s not standard size, you are probably f****d if it breaks in the future.
The colour and design of the machine seems really cool.

#11289 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

[quoted image]

Yes, that half-height screen looks much better. The 21in display is available at just above 1/3 the height, so you could keep the shooter gauge to the right.
Change that and add rounded corners to your photoshop image plus triangle stickers on the apron and we are good to go.

#11290 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The backbox looks great, however it will not be able to show movie-clips, so less integration. The ipad seems really odd, and not that useful, and since it´s not standard size, you are probably f****d if it breaks in the future.
The colour and design of the machine seems really cool.

That screen size is for advertisement and is very common in Asia apparently. Aliexpress has many suppliers.

#11291 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I will admit... the games looks a lot better in the videos than it does in static images
Artwork is beautiful .. who is the artist?

I'm pretty certain its Jeremy Packer aka Zombie Yeti. I remember he and Deeproot coming to terms long ago.

#11292 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The fact that Robert talks about octo manufacturing, and now we see the bottom side of the playfield printed like a schematic (every single component and wire labeled IN COLOR) which adds cost, I'm guessing manufacturing is going to be contracted out. The playfield in a sense becomes a giant drawing to follow along. I know gottlieb used to print on the underside, but gottlieb also built over-engineered tanks (and were the first company to go out of business in the 90s).[quoted image]

In the 90s, Gottlieb may have over-engineered the hardware but it is well documented they were rushing the design process compared to Williams and it shows in almost all titles. If the game play sucks, it's not a good plan to stay in business.

#11293 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm pretty certain its Jeremy Packer aka Zombie Yeti. I remember he and Deeproot coming to terms long ago.

My opinion is that it isn't. It's inspired by his original design, but all re-done, most likely by nameless deeproot artists (who don't get their name on the backglass).

#11294 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The word Shill implies something sinister and I find that wholly unfair to Cary Hardy and Jeff at TWIP. I've been following them both for a long time and that is not my sense at all.

I think it's just more of an inability to provide FULL DISCLOSURE Kim.

It's not their fault based on how Bob conducts himself.

#11295 3 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

[...] Change that and add rounded corners to your photoshop image plus triangle stickers on the apron and we are good to go.

Just for you - 5 more minutes of low effort photoshop editing
(Yes, the lockdown bar looks bad when I just use the smear tool)
raza3 (resized).jpgraza3 (resized).jpg

#11296 3 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Just for you - 5 more minutes of low effort photoshop editing
(Yes, the lockdown looks bad when I just use the smear tool)[quoted image]

That actually looks good!

Unedited RAZA makes me want to look at it sideways, but those subtle alterations actually leave more appeal to me.

The wrap around translite, highly annoying to the eye, being broken by the white vertical strip... I mean why??

If you're going to the trouble of wrapping translite around both sides why on earth would you not continue the art all the way from one side to the other?

#11297 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My opinion is that it isn't. It's inspired by his original design, but all re-done, most likely by nameless deeproot artists (who don't get their name on the backglass).

You could be right. Their agreement was for Magic Girl and maybe I made a wrong assumption because Jeremey had also done a lot of artwork on RAZA and AIW.

#11298 3 years ago

I only arrived on this thread 2 days ago...sorry for stupid questions.
Has anyone commented after playing?
What is the MSRP?

#11299 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I only arrived on this thread 2 days ago...sorry for stupid questions.
Has anyone commented after playing?
What is the MSRP?

The only thing you'll find here is photoshop edits and wild speculation.

No prices have been announced, and no one who played it is talking about the gameplay that I have seen.

#11300 3 years ago

Found the original Zombie Yeti version. It's actually quite different.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/226?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.