• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 669.
#10951 3 years ago

backbox inspiration: Sterilite Wastebasket 3.3 Gallon

sterilite1039wastebasket (resized).jpgsterilite1039wastebasket (resized).jpg
#10952 3 years ago

Cary's take makes it interesting

Good work.

#10953 3 years ago

Loads of arguing going on in here for some reason..?

Let’s all agree on one thing!!

We are all waiting for Robert to tell the world once again that pinball is easy following this shitshow.

#10954 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Bend over and JPOP will be happy to demonstrate for you!

Bend over, touch your toes, jpop will show you where the monster goes...

#10955 3 years ago

Moderators - please move all Deeproot threads to the homebrew forum. They're clearly not an actual professional business.

TIA

#10956 3 years ago

deeproot Pinball: Platform, Pinbar, PinArmor, Ecosystem, Future Games and Future Plans

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-platform-pinbar-pinarmor-ecosystem-future-games-and-future-plans/

- A Note from the Tour Group
- A Note from deeproot Pinball
- Platform
- Pinbar
- PinArmor
- Ecosystem
- Three Model System
- Future Planned Titles

IMG_0369-e1538344048754 (resized).jpgIMG_0369-e1538344048754 (resized).jpg
#10957 3 years ago

Pinbar is interesting.. I don't know that we need a touchscreen to go through menus. Also completely crippling a game because a touchscreen goes bad (or the calibration goes off) is certainly a concern. A switch might be "archaic", but it can be easily and cheaply replaced for about $3.

The pneumatic lifters seem overkill. I don't understand what's wrong with sliding a piece of glass. Also anyone that's ever driven a hatchback knows that those start losing their power after about 6-8 years.
IMG_4294-1 (resized).jpgIMG_4294-1 (resized).jpg
Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.00.59-AM (resized).jpgScreen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.00.59-AM (resized).jpg

#10958 3 years ago

Sign me up for those Food Truck and Fire and Brimstone pins ...I'm gonna cancel AIQ !!

Yay!

#10959 3 years ago

"The PinbarTM now allows more intuitive interaction to display and diagnose issues, as well as remote management and video chats"

Lol... make a game before you worry about enabling futures you'll never get to.. sheez

The reason this stuff doesn't exist out there today is the same reason Stern still uses it's stupid dots portal menus... investing in software development!

#10960 3 years ago

Merlin's Arcade sounds pretty cool.

ddd (resized).pngddd (resized).png
#10961 3 years ago

I have rarely read as many lines of marketing bullshit than today.

So Pinbar is the revolution that's gonna teach a lesson to every pinball maker in the industry. And wow you can press start on a touchscreen. If that is not an amazing innovation.

I find their list of planned releases to be as exciting as Punny factory, if not more !

#10962 3 years ago

I sorta like the touch screen lockdown bar. Most of the other stuff seems needlessly complicated and over designed.

Also online connectivity! Start the gnashing of teeth

#10963 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.19.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.19.27 PM (resized).png
#10964 3 years ago

Whelp... Looks like Deeproot has the Goonies License.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.28.43-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2020-09-22-at-11.28.43-AM (resized).png
#10965 3 years ago

Oh and

> However, the VIP group had concerns regarding the quality and look of the PinArmor coating as it is currently not smooth but more like an orange peel. Robert mentioned that this was an early version of the PinArmor. When you run your hand over the playfield it does not feel smooth like glass.

Can't dimple if already dimpled, amirite?

#10966 3 years ago

Pinbar has potential I can't wait to see it. But they need to seriously round those corners.

#10967 3 years ago

Having non physical buttons on a pinball machine seems like a really bad idea. In the pic it looks like you have to touch the touchbar screen to turn on "magna save". How are you supposed to do this without having to physically look at the bar? I'm surprised with the number of experienced pinball designers and players that stuff like this was able to get through.

#10968 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Having non physical buttons on a pinball machine seems like a really bad idea. In the pic it looks like you have to touch the touchbar screen to turn on "magna save". How are you supposed to do this without having to physically look at the bar? I'm surprised with the number of experienced pinball designers and players that stuff like this was able to get through.

It seems like a pretty big target area where your thumb naturally rests next to. (Better spot for a button than in the middle of the lockdown bar)

That said, they'll have to deal with the lack of haptic feedback which is an issue with most touch based controllers.

#10969 3 years ago

edit: disregard

#10970 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It looks like there is a very generous area of the touch screen devoted to activating the magna save. It would be hard for your thumb to miss it with your hand in standard playing position.

#10971 3 years ago

"The Tour Group observed the demonstrations with the 16 oz hammer test and the huge 750 gram pinball drop, and those (along with the regular pinball) definitely left “dents” or craters on the “normal” clear coat and did not leave dents or craters on the PinArmor. However, the VIP group had concerns regarding the quality and look of the PinArmor coating as it is currently not smooth but more like an orange peel. Robert mentioned that this was an early version of the PinArmor."

Classic retort... 'oh well it's not really the final stuff'

Can you imagine what March was supposed to be??

#10972 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It looks like there is a very generous area of the touch screen devoted to activating the magna save. It would be hard for your thumb to miss it with your hand in standard playing position.

Could also be very easy to hit on accident.

#10973 3 years ago

pinpod? seriously??

I guess someone forgot the reason people buy pinball machines.... the game! All this other stuff is nice, but failing to actually ship product to buy because of focusing on too many different, non-essential things is a classic leadership failure.

#10974 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

That might be fine if you're the kind of player that always keeps your hands in the same position while playing but I'm always slapping and bumping different parts of the lockdown bar and cabinet and trying to do a quick slap on the lockdown bar would be my natural tendency (similar to Stern action button). slapping a touchscreen would require some type of haptic feedback and it would have to be sensitive and responsive enough to work.

#10975 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pinpod? seriously??
I guess someone forgot the reason people buy pinball machines.... the game! All this other stuff is nice, but failing to actually ship product to buy because of focusing on too many different, non-essential things is a classic leadership failure.

Eh. There's probably good money in selling overpriced crates as an accessory. It's hard to say this was a distraction with their overall issues. I mean, it's just a wood crate with some metal brackets...

#10976 3 years ago

I personally like the Pinbar. Feels like something fresh that could add to the pinball experience. Of course it will depend how it is implemented.

#10977 3 years ago

I’ll buy Goonies if they can make it that far.

#10978 3 years ago

Some cool stuff revealed. Real bummer they pulled the trigger too early. Some of those games sound ridiculous though.

#10979 3 years ago

But was the game fun to play?

#10980 3 years ago

Features of PINBAR:

News, Ads, Custom Content

Because of course, ADS

#10981 3 years ago

Some neat innovations, but others probably unnecessary. Their pin is starting to look like the car that homer designed

#10982 3 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

Features of PINBAR:
Because of course, ADS

Gotta make the R&D money back somehow

I wonder if the ads would be for DLC for their games...

#10983 3 years ago

How is that glass system supposed to work for those who have low ceilings? I've seen some gamerooms where there is barely any room for toppers and this seems to need a lot more clearance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10984 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Eh. There's probably good money in selling overpriced crates as an accessory. It's hard to say this was a distraction with their overall issues. I mean, it's just a wood crate with some metal brackets...

Did it come out of the womb on its own? If not, that's energy and focus not on the objective. In a startup and in a crunch you focus on the goal - not drift around with frivolous side things that WON'T DRIVE THE BUSINESS.

Know why there isn't a big market for pinball crates today?

1) People don't use forklifts at home or generally not even in their businesses -- shippers do
2) Shipping a crate purchase is expensive
3) Crates that don't fit through household doors are just more PITA
4) Crates that don't fit in your normal buyer's vehicles don't do those people any good
5) The majority of new residential buyers in the hobby don't move their basement queens around! They move them when they buy and sell them.

There is a need for 'aids for moving pinball machines' -- But crates that don't work for home buyers is tone deaf to where the meat of their market will be.

You don't make money selling a re-usable tool to a finite portion of your market.

#10985 3 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

Features of PINBAR:
Because of course, ADS

People buy pinball machines because they want a mechanical game, not an iPad with extra features.

#10986 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

deeproot Pinball: Platform, Pinbar, PinArmor, Ecosystem, Future Games and Future Plans
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-platform-pinbar-pinarmor-ecosystem-future-games-and-future-plans/
- A Note from the Tour Group
- A Note from deeproot Pinball
- Platform
- Pinbar
- PinArmor
- Ecosystem
- Three Model System
- Future Planned Titles[quoted image]

Wow this is actually pretty sweet.

Most concerns with the leaked pictures (like the backbox with the stand and the crotch speakers) also are optional.
(Edit: Wich is great, since the "normal" design is with the cheapest model! XD )

Work on that lockbar Bezel and put this thing on the line!

I srsly want that!

#10987 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

How is that glass system supposed to work for those who have low ceilings? I've seen some gamerooms where there is barely any room for toppers and this seems to need a lot more clearance.[quoted image]

From reading the article I'd guess most things are optional, and that hydraulic lift arms will propably not be in the "Arcade Edition".

#10988 3 years ago

The game description for Magic Girl is eerily close to the story they used to put on the back of a bottle of Fire Water schnapps:

In the Middle Ages, fear and magic ruled the land. Against a backdrop of marauding raiders, a legend was born of an elixir that could cause stone to burn - it was known as Fire Water. -Text paraphrased from fuzzy college days memory...

#10989 3 years ago

Fire & Brimstone

Looks like the ripped of Ben's idea.

#10990 3 years ago

FOOD TRUCK?!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

#10991 3 years ago

I could see that pinbar getting smashed right quick in a bar or bowling alley setting, purposefully, or by accident. People punch lockdown bars out of anger or as a save reflex. Some drunk idiot goes to set a beer bottle down a little too quick and...

Interesting concept, but I'm not sure about its implementation. Maybe two small touch screens at both ends under a traditional lockdown bar with windows cut out for it would be better? I guess this is why i don't work in the industry, haha.

#10992 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I mentally canceled my GnfingR when i saw this!

#10993 3 years ago

I'm also curious how one is supposed to change the glass. It looks very difficult.

#10994 3 years ago

Regular people can't figure out the button on new sterns but their gonna just navigate a touch screen because its like their phone?

Some of these announced titles are head scratchingly bad as far as theme goes. The Who could be OK, and I'm still interested in the 80s movie. I do like some of these features, but it really kinda seems like a little much if you just need to get yourself off the ground.

#10995 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

How is that glass system supposed to work for those who have low ceilings? I've seen some gamerooms where there is barely any room for toppers and this seems to need a lot more clearance.[quoted image]

Yeah not great for low ceiling spaces, but actually pretty awesome for packing more games for a given floor space. No more planning for that additional glass pull out area. I could probably cram another one or two games if I didn't have to worry about pulling glass.

#10996 3 years ago

Omg those future planned games might be bad.

Who wouldn’t want ‘food truck guy’ instead of a ‘Star Wars’?

#10997 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yeah not great for low ceiling spaces, but actually pretty awesome for packing more games for a given floor space. No more planning for that additional glass pull out area. I could probably cram another one or two games if I didn't have to worry about pulling glass.

If you have a couple of the 70-72 Bally games with this feature, you like it a lot for this reason... I'd like it if that had been adopted as the industry standard....

#10998 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Diner, mobile edition

#10999 3 years ago

They really just went ahead and did a mini panic reveal because a rube posted two pictures. Incredible

#11000 3 years ago

Hmm...now I need to decide between Food Truck and Punny Factory. Time for a poll!

Also, those gas lift shocks do not have great longevity. In a couple years, you'll be using a broomstick to prop that thing up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/220?hl=skogen75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.