View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 672.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hey now they are giving me a big FU in that those of us who took Jpop to court got the big FU treatment.

https://zidware.deeproottech.com/settlement-offer-summary

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hey now they are giving me a big FU in that those of us who took Jpop to court got the big FU treatment. Then Jpop counter sues because he claims if he had gotten the full money from everyone that he could have made the games. I'm sorry but Im not buying any of this free game crap.

Quoted from frolic:

What an asshole.

I hope some pinball designers (obviously ones not under contract with Deeproot), engineers and service professionals are willing to give expert testimony to make sure that the judge doesn't give his BS the time of day.

The idea that any of those designs were either workable, or even close to his favoured diorama stage (other than Magic Girl) is a joke. A few thousand more wouldn't have changed anything.

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They are offering a game, games or cash to past JPOP customers, depending on the amount given to JPOP.
If anyone is interested in the exact terms Deep Root is offering to past JPOP customers, the information is public. See link below.
https://zidware.deeproottech.com/

JPOP customers or Victims ???

#1054 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

JPOP customers or Victims ???

Same thing, isn’t it?

#1055 5 years ago

If nothing else, this could end up being one big tax write off for deeproot.

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kramer : It's just a write off for them .

Jerry : How is it a write off ?

Kramer : They just write it off .

Jerry : Write it off what ?

Kramer : Jerry all these big companies they write off everything

Jerry : You don't even know what a write off is .

Kramer : Do you ?

Jerry : No . I don't .

Kramer : But they do and they are the ones writing it off .

#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It wouldn’t help DR necessarily. I guarantee you investors don’t want a tax write off Odiner

They want to pay a shitload of tax. Means they made a shitload of profit

#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It wouldn’t help DR necessarily. I guarantee you investors don’t want a tax write off Odiner

Sure, but when a company throws a shitload of good money after bad and then the vision fails and they decide to cut their losses, at least it becomes beneficial at tax time.

#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not anymore. MASSIVE TAX CUT baby!!!

#1061 5 years ago

As for the lawyers. I get why some went that direction and I applaud them for standing on principal.

It doesn’t surprise me this is where we are at with Jpop

Counter sue. Drag it out and lawyers win again

Just like all the wasted legal fees DR spent trying to cut a deal

If you chose not to settle then you expect to get your $$ back out of Jpop, not DR after the fact

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not anymore. MASSIVE TAX CUT baby!!!

Now you are gettin Levi!

#1063 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you chose not to settle then you expect to get your $$ back out of Jpop, not DR after the fact

I expect to see pictures of new pinball machines for sale from new companies on pinball forums. Not this same old song and dance.

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sure, but when a company throws a shitload of good money after bad and then the vision fails and they decide to cut their losses, at least it becomes beneficial at tax time.

What I’m saying is the loss would provide very little to zero benefit to DR and Robert

The shareholders/investors get the benefit of the loss and only at $3k per yr plus offsetting other gains

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I expect to see pictures of new pinball machines for sale from new companies on pinball forums. Not this same old song and dance.

I do too. Supposedly that’s coming

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The shareholders/investors get the benefit of the loss and only at $3k per yr plus offsetting other gains

Better than that final poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Better than that final poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

I agree with that! Because Jpop already poked one eye out

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with that! Because Jpop already poked one eye out

Why am I reminded of Kill Bill just now?

1 Elle_Driver (resized).jpg1 Elle_Driver (resized).jpg2 KillingBill-670x278 (resized).jpg2 KillingBill-670x278 (resized).jpg3 Kill-Bill-Vol-2 (resized).jpg3 Kill-Bill-Vol-2 (resized).jpg

#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First you have to make a PROFIT for tax write off.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for the lawyers. I get why some went that direction and I applaud them for standing on principal.
It doesn’t surprise me this is where we are at with Jpop
Counter sue. Drag it out and lawyers win again
Just like all the wasted legal fees DR spent trying to cut a deal

You just said what I've been thinking but couldn't verbalise. To be fair though, DRs offer might make a pretty good legal settlement to make this whole ugly ordeal go away...

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

https://deeprootfunds.com

"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Awesome link; that supports the Forbes article
Perfectly!

Oh really? Which part? The part where it says, "That Tesla Battery Emissions Study Making the Rounds? It's Bunk." or the part where they say the study has "Just one problem: It's absolute nonsense"?

Back to the topic, I hope they are using P-ROC. Seems like a rather ambitious goal to develop their own software to run what they need. I give them a zero percent chance of being ready by next year unless they're using an already proven software system.

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

https://deeprootfunds.com
"The end result defines us: solid alternative investment funds that are designed to keep pace with or outperform traditional investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

Unpredictable risk sounds attractive... but in pinball?

#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

With every game you play... just sayin'

#1075 5 years ago

In a nutshell.....

At this point it is not logical to offer a deal to any current or former Plaintiff with this litigation still pending. It is unfortunate that the Plaintiffs chose to reject the settlement and ultimately choose nothing over something.

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It is unfortunate that the Plaintiffs chose to reject the settlement and ultimately choose nothing over something.

It might be better if you knew what you were talking about before expressing your opinion.

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It might be better if you knew what you were talking about before expressing your opinion.

He was quoting from the settlement summary by deeproot.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

That’s not even close to being true.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

LOL, wut?

#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

He was quoting from the settlement summary by deeproot.

Quotation marks or attribution might help.

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Quotation marks or attribution might help.

good point!

#1082 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Curious... facts aside, is he not allowed to have or post an *opinion* that you don’t approve of?

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Curious... facts aside, is he not allowed to have or post an *opinion* that you don’t approve of?

Its unprofessional of you to try and provoke me, Robert.

#1084 5 years ago

I was actually trying to ask an honest question that always puzzles me about posts on Pinside. My apologies if you felt it was provoking.

#1085 5 years ago

A forum is "a public meeting place for open discussion"

dissenting opinions are allowed in such an environment

#1086 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Reminds me of the underwear gnome episode of South Park...

1FCDAB7C-82A1-4C2A-ABE3-88C479423759 (resized).jpeg1FCDAB7C-82A1-4C2A-ABE3-88C479423759 (resized).jpeg
#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

"investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Reminds me of the underwear gnome episode of South Park...

Shamelessly stolen from Linux computer forums of the 90s

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Shamelessly stolen from Linux computer forums of the 90s

and later stolen by fark.com

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"investments without taking on unnecessary, unpredictable risk."

What I meant to imply: pinball is the poster child of unnecessary, unpredictable risk.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

What I meant to imply: pinball is the poster child of unnecessary, unpredictable risk.

What I meant to imply: tax write off.

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I was actually trying to ask an honest question that always puzzles me about posts on Pinside. My apologies if you felt it was provoking.

I thought it was trying to provoke.

Heighway, Kevin Kulek, Jpop all took money from people and failed to deliver games. They knew exactly what they were doing and still continued along with the big charade. Nuff said.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I thought it was trying to provoke.
Heighway, Kevin Kulek, Jpop all took money from people and failed to deliver games. Most knew exactly what they were doing and still continued along. Nuff said.

I’m inferring that you are saying they knew exactly what they were doing in taking people’s money... not in delivering games, because they sure as hell didn’t know what they were doing in terms of getting games delivered...

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m inferring that you are saying they knew exactly what they were doing in taking people’s money... not in delivering games, because they sure as hell didn’t know what they were doing in terms of getting games delivered...

Yes, that is correct. None of those three should ever be able to be associated with pinball again.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yes, that is correct. None of those three should ever be able to be associated with pinball again.

No argument here

#1096 5 years ago

A brief post and thank you to Robert Mueller of Deeproot for the fantastic interview on the ****** podcast. Very informative on your company and especially acquiring licenses for pinball machines. Looking forward to seeing you and some of your team at the Pinball Expo 2018 in Chicago.

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

A brief post and thank you to Robert Mueller of Deeproot for the fantastic interview on the ****** podcast. Very informative on your company and especially acquiring licenses for pinball machines. Looking forward to seeing you and some of your team at the Pinball Expo 2018 in Chicago.

agreed.. great interview, robert comes off less gruff and fluff. Early on he seemed to be in attack mode, and "pinball is easy". He clarifies that his goal is to streamline pinball design and manufacturing. His goal isn't to take Stern down, he just wants to build great pinball in the most cost effective way. While it's true Stern has the most experience, in any business that can sometimes be your downfall because many companies continue to work the same way they always have, whereas a new company building from scratch would have a fresh approach.

#1098 5 years ago

Yah one of **** better podcasts. Have to admit the continuous negativity tunes me out. So nice to hear someone actually impressed the guy to slow down the negative train. Had a good laugh in a previous podcast when Joe mentioned he kept increasing the orders on Thunderbirds making him eat crow. Guess ***** doesn't really understand the casual part of this market at all. All he can focus on is the hardcore pinheads. Very narrow vision.

#1099 5 years ago

After listening to the interview, I hope Deeproot does disrupt the market a bit. I am imagining some kind of internet connectivity to these games as being the one way they are going to do it. The other way is automated manufacturing. I think there are ways to cut some labor out of pinball manufacturing with some investment.

#1100 5 years ago

****?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.