• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 669.
#10901 3 years ago

After the daily countdown to zero, are we now in negative numbers?

-1 ?

#10902 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Because p3 is kind of a turd. It has a few people who love it but for most its too much emohasis on tech and ignored what made pinball fun to begin with.
P3 is what happens when you design by comitee. People want swappable playfields. Reality, you have multithousand dollar games but can only play one at a time and have to have stoarage not to damage expensive wall hangers.
People want digital interaction. Reality, bittom of the playfield is barren. Physical toys are non existant. The games are interesting the firs r few times but lack replay sinilar to pinball 2k.
Don't even bother arguing against it. Numbers speao volumes. Price isn't the problem either because there are plenty of new machines sought after in its price bracket. The interest just isn't there for a reason.

Sounds like you haven't played Heist....

#10903 3 years ago

Almost 15 pages of shit show....wow.
You mean to tell me there is no assembly line?!!
And what everyone has forgotten....its just RAZA, old news.

#10904 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Because p3 is kind of a turd. It has a few people who love it but for most its too much emohasis on tech and ignored what made pinball fun to begin with.
P3 is what happens when you design by comitee. People want swappable playfields. Reality, you have multithousand dollar games but can only play one at a time and have to have stoarage not to damage expensive wall hangers.
People want digital interaction. Reality, bittom of the playfield is barren. Physical toys are non existant. The games are interesting the firs r few times but lack replay sinilar to pinball 2k.
Don't even bother arguing against it. Numbers speao volumes. Price isn't the problem either because there are plenty of new machines sought after in its price bracket. The interest just isn't there for a reason.

My theory is the hobby is dominated by middle aged men (which I am) who just want the same old thing and many of which don't like change. That isn't necessarily a bad thing since the games of the last few years from all companies have been fantastic, but just the way it is. Just look how the themes are dominated by old school 80s stuff, old rock bands, and super heroes - and these themes are constantly the ones requested. I've not played a P3, so I can't really comment on how fun they are, but I am sure there are a lot of people who won't even give it much of a chance because it is so different. I'd love to spend some extended time on one, especially Heist. From the videos I've seen it looks fun.

In this case with deeproot, I personally like the wrap around translite, but the stilts are highly unnecessary and are strictly for visual "flair" (which doesn't do it for me). I think the touch screen is an interesting new idea, but horribly implemented. We've also not seen what is new under the hood. Needless to say, deeproot has totally shit the bed and now they get to lay in it - I am no deeproot fan. Regardless, I am sure there will be plenty of people ready to throw money at them if they ever release something.

#10905 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Don't even bother arguing against it.

Sorry, going to bother here:

Quoted from dung:

It has a few people who love it

That's right because not many have played it. Of those that have, many love it and a few (mostly creative types) are very passionate about it because they can also see the potential.

Quoted from dung:

P3 is what happens when you design by committee.

The P3 is designed by a team, yes, the same as pretty much any manufacturer. I think the original concept was mostly Gerry's though. But maybe you were just going for a soundbyte here...

Quoted from dung:

Reality, bottom of the playfield is barren.

The bottom 2/3 of the playfield are modular, designers can add elements there if they wish. Heist has a crane with a magnet and bash target which hovers close to the flippers and an upper flipper in the middle third.

Quoted from dung:

Physical toys are non existant.

I know you are just throwing things out there for effect, but seriously, take a look at Heist sometime: crane, jail gate, diverters everywhere. Lexy too...

Quoted from dung:

The interest just isn't there for a reason.

There is interest, for...reasons...Sales have been ticking along, in a pandemic, when nobody is able to demo the machine.

#10906 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

After the daily countdown to zero, are we now in negative numbers?
-1 ?

Allredy did that, kinda...

Maybe I give a shoutout every year for their dieing day?

COME WHAT MAAAAAYYYYYY...

Oh, I have to unblock Levi eventually. He‘s still way too uneccessarily grumpy, but he was right...

#10907 3 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

They are the Theranos of pinball and Robert is the new Elizabeth Holmes.
[quoted image]

Great analogy. I was thinking Fyre Festival.

9DCBD45D-C3AA-484A-856C-99E660B2EC37 (resized).jpeg9DCBD45D-C3AA-484A-856C-99E660B2EC37 (resized).jpeg

#10908 3 years ago

JBJ Nano Cube Aquarium. A great beginner salt water fish tank.

lg-107748-MT-604_livestock (resized).jpglg-107748-MT-604_livestock (resized).jpg
#10909 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

ouch.

#10910 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

Best of both:

(I do wish them success tho).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10911 3 years ago

Guess Kaneda got some shit from Robert for this post so he took it down? These are just speculation and how can you threaten someone who didn't have to sign a NDA?

Figured I would repost for those who might have missed it because while he might be able to silence Kaneda going after people should be the least of his concerns when after all this time we haven't seen anything but two pictures of a shitty looking machine with many flaws. He needs to get his shit in order before worrying about going after others.

#10912 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Best of both:
[quoted image]

Someone should add the names to the bottom area of the fish tank.

#10913 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Best of both:
[quoted image]

I think you may be a little off. (I need something better than Microsoft Paint).

RAZA (resized).pngRAZA (resized).png
#10914 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Guess Kaneda got some shit from Robert for this post so he took it down?

Kaneda has lost his spine... people keep saying Robert whatever his name is an attorney who freaking cares. He needs to consider returning to that profession because clearly he has no talent for pinball. Kaneda is either afraid Robert will stop talking to him (A) or (B) for some strange reason he actually thinks Robert will sue him but for what? Kaneda or myself for that matter can share any information we learn and state here is the rumor we heard.

So all of a sudden Kaneda has become a spineless wimp c'mon.

This Robert guy isn't sueing anyone on what grounds. Kaneda SPOILED 110% Sterns Stranger Things launch did he get sued nope!

Lastly and probably unfairly the media has been granted all kinds of leeway by congress, Kaneda can speculate or share information he learns all he wants. Hence when you see SPY photos of the new Camaro or Challenger its done up in this camo wrap because they know they can't hide anything. SHARE AWAY they can't stop you!

Find your courage Kaneda!

#10915 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Kaneda has lost his spine... people keep saying Robert whatever his name is an attorney who freaking cares. He needs to consider returning to that profession because clearly he has no talent for pinball. Kaneda is either afraid Robert will stop talking to him (A) or (B) for some strange reason he actually thinks Robert will sue him but for what? Kaneda or myself for that matter can share any information we learn and state here is the rumor we heard.
This Robert guy isn't sueing anyone on what grounds. Kaneda SPOILED 110% Sterns Stranger Things launch did he get sued nope!
Lastly and probably unfairly the media has been granted all kinds of leeway by congress, Kaneda can speculate or share information he learns all he wants. Hence when you see SPY photos of the new Camaro or Challenger its done up in this camo wrap because they know they can't hide anything. SHARE AWAY they can't stop you!

I am not a lawyer, but I think taking legal advice from Pinside would be ill-advised.

#10916 3 years ago

Gary Stern is a lawyer.

#10917 3 years ago

Has it been confirmed that is a touch screen in the lockdown? I’m thinking it may be just another monitor that mirrors the one in the back box. ...or maybe has some different content - but not a touch screen.

#10918 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am not a lawyer, but I think taking legal advice from Pinside would be ill-advised.

Lmfao

#10919 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I figured kaneda was keeping quiet in hopes of getting another exclusive interview.

#10920 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Except from Ben Heck. There are people with cash in their hands from him "providing legal advice without a license" .
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.11.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.11.10 AM (resized).png

#10921 3 years ago

I have a suggestion just a suggestion... how about we bag this thread and forget we ever heard the name DEEPROOT!

Because this company is buried deeper than the root of a 100 year old oak tree. They clearly can't make up their mind what they want, how they want to do it, which direction to travel, they're simply lost. They're a sailboat without a sail. They don't deserve 10 minutes of our time.

I know people give crap to other pinball companies but at least they have produced, manufactured and shipped pinball games.

What has Deeproot done? Lets be totally honest... they have bragged, then bragged some more and bragged again then again and finally what did we see... Robert Mueller pasted his name on the back box in a BIGGER FONT than everyone else's. This guy has a massive ego without a doubt and I can accept that if and only if we actually backed up all of his bragging. What he proved today is he doesn't know what he's doing, and Stern has nothing to fear from this company.

Deliver a game that backs up the bragging and then and only then can we talk about Deeproot again. How many more empty promises, bold claims, and utter disappointments can one person take from a company that has never done anything but brag about what they will do?

Until then we're just wasting energy when we could be talking about games that you can actually play or buy!

In closing I hope they do one day produce a great game or series of games but they have a lot to prove to earn anyone's money.

If you want an honest opinion this billionaire backer, I could see him dumping this nightmare soon.

Pinball is harder than it looks and after three years and millions of dollars Deeproot just proved it in spades.

#10922 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Good luck with that... most "families" think pinball machines cost $1000-$1500 bucks.

Also, most families won't buy one if they were $1000-$1500

they are heavy, fragile, break down and kids probably won't play as much as they play doodle bug or candy crush.

I have many tens of thousands of dollars worth of pins, I get new pin like SW or TNA or Wonka and my kids will play one game (only after I ask them to play).

Pins are more of an arcade or location activity like Dave and Busters even there they are marginally represented. Most families won't think of owning a pinball machine any more than they would own a go cart track or home bowling lane. It's just not a home friendly activity. Now us pinball guys are a bit nuts and we build rooms and sometimes elevators to move pins upstairs and whatever. I had a guy drive 11 hours each way with $8K cash in his pocket to buy a pin from me. It's nuts. So if deepmoot doesn't want to cater to the hard core pinball community they are selling to a market that doesn't exist and will never exist even oof pinball machines did cost $1000.

#10923 3 years ago

This thread delivers what I love Pinside for. Thanks!

What's a deeproot?

#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm not one either but I have about 10 friends who are, and when you own your own business you learn a lot about the law. You hear Kaneda talking about he doesn't want to get sued, sued for what? He's the media he can say damn near anything he wants... Fake news CNN does it daily.

Quoted from seenev:

I figured kaneda was keeping quiet in hopes of getting another exclusive interview.

Now you've touched on it... he wants to Trump his best friend Memy its really that simple. And unlike JJP and Stern who do not talk to Kaneda he likes the fact that the single most worthless pinball company will talk to him. I'm sure he gets texts from this guy telling him what to do and like a lapdog he does it to score the interview.

But remember what the Joker said in Batman... they need you right now but when they don't this city they turn on you.

#10925 3 years ago

sorry, couldn't resist...this all reminds me of...

#10926 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Except from Ben Heck. There are people with cash in their hands from him "providing legal advice without a license" .
[quoted image]

Ha ha. I had forgot about this post. Gave me another great laugh.

#10927 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not one either but I have about 10 friends who are, and when you own your own business you learn a lot about the law. You hear Kaneda talking about he doesn't want to get sued, sued for what? He's the media he can say damn near anything he wants... Fake news CNN does it daily.

Now you've touched on it... he wants to Trump his best friend Memy its really that simple. And unlike JJP and Stern who do not talk to Kaneda he likes the fact that the single most worthless pinball company will talk to him. I'm sure he gets texts from this guy telling him what to do and like a lapdog he does it to score the interview.
But remember what the Joke said in Batman... they need you right now but when they don't this city they turn on you.

I'm not sure what to say about someone who thinks CNN is fake news, and instead takes advice from the Joker.

#10928 3 years ago

Innovation.

#10929 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm not sure what to say about someone who thinks CNN is fake news, and instead takes advice from the Joker.

Hey keep watching fake news CNN, maybe today they'll have a story that flashes BREAKING NEWS: Deeproot just sold 5,000 advanced copies of RAZA after the single most spectacular non-reveal reveal. It's coming I'm tell you... watch it all day its coming.

Fake News CNN will never let you down with breaking fake news!

#10930 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I would say he doesn't have his head up his ass

#10931 3 years ago

Can we please leave partisan political bullshit off of Pinside?

We're here to argue about pinball.

#10932 3 years ago

Dude that is downright freaking HILARIOUS!

#10933 3 years ago

Love all the down votes on my multimorphic posts. There is no hype. There are no massively long speculation threads. Even the 2020 multimorphic announcement thread has a whopping 80 posts. There isn't interest. You have a handful of fan boys just like you do with every other manufacturer, and the majority voted with their wallets.

Its not because I am old, I am 33 atm. I am a software engineer by trade and my house is filled with all sorts of tech projects. Heist doesn't interest me, I have played lexy. Had the chance to get lexy really cheap second hand with a few other playfields and passed. It was a dud.This coming from someone who has a penchant for collecting duds due to them being different/rare/obscure/weird.

Downvote away, but again sales numbers are everything. In the case of low production value is everything. p3 doesn't have either. No amount of argument is going to change it. If they come up with a winning design pinside will show interest and until then it isn't but a lot of hot air on the part of the fan boys.

#10934 3 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

This thread delivers what I love Pinside for. Thanks!
What's a deeproot?

Bend over and JPOP will be happy to demonstrate for you!

#10935 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hey keep watching fake news CNN, maybe today they'll have a story that flashes BREAKING NEWS: Deeproot just sold 5,000 advanced copies of RAZA after the single most spectacular non-reveal reveal. It's coming I'm tell you... watch it all day its coming.
Fake News CNN will never let you down with breaking fake news!

Somebody had their coffee early today...keep rollin dog

#10936 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can we please leave partisan political bullshit off of Pinside?
We're here to argue about pinball.

It's sad that acknowledging how dishonest CNN is is considered partisan.

#10937 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Love all the down votes on my multimorphic posts. There is no hype. There are no massively long speculation threads. Even the 2020 multimorphic announcement thread has a whopping 80 posts. There isn't interest. You have a handful of fan boys just like you do with every other manufacturer, and the majority voted with their wallets.
Its not because I am old, I am 33 atm. I am a software engineer by trade and my house is filled with all sorts of tech projects. Heist doesn't interest me, I have played lexy. Had the chance to get lexy really cheap second hand with a few other playfields and passed. It was a dud.This coming from someone who has a penchant for collecting duds due to them being different/rare/obscure/weird.
Downvote away, but again sales numbers are everything. In the case of low production value is everything. p3 doesn't have either. No amount of argument is going to change it. If they come up with a winning design pinside will show interest and until then it isn't but a lot of hot air on the part of the fan boys.

None of the multimorphic tables have impressed me, I REALLY don't like that the center is a big screen and limits the design to just the sides and back. Though I will say Heist looks interesting. Also one thing that Gerry has that no pinball company has is a steady business of selling boards to both homebrew and small startups like spooky or American Pinball (mostly because Josh Kugler is used to programming on PROC). So what if his pinball business is slow, he always has that cash cow filling his pockets.

#10938 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

None of the multimorphic tables have impressed me, I REALLY don't like that the center is a big screen and limits the design to just the sides and back. Though I will say Heist looks interesting. Also one thing that Gerry has that no pinball company has is a steady business of selling boards to both homebrew and small startups like spooky or American Pinball (mostly because Josh Kugler is used to programming on PROC). So what if his pinball business is slow, he always has that cash cow filling his pockets.

And that is great. The board set is awesome. There is nothing wrong with that business model per say. It doesn't change that P3 itself has been a dud, and as I said if they make a great game (I don't think heist is it, but its a step in the right direction) things can always take off, but that is an if.

#10939 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Perhaps some people are unable to distinguish the news and opinion shows on all the 24hr news channels. Personally I can't watch the opinion shows, I start yelling at the TV (which is their likely goal).

But parroting 'fake news', intended to harm the source of facts you don't like, does seem partisan....

#10940 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The very phrase "Fake News CNN" is a partisan rallying cry. I get enough of that in the rest of the world and do not welcome it here.

#10941 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Has it been confirmed that is a touch screen in the lockdown? I’m thinking it may be just another monitor that mirrors the one in the back box. ...or maybe has some different content - but not a touch screen.

Not confirmed but I would imagine so since there isn’t a start button on the cabinet.

#10942 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not confirmed but I would imagine so since there isn’t a start button on the cabinet.

Now I imagine the meeting with Robert pulling off the tarp, proudly saying let's play a game, and then a very confused and defeated look on his face as he slowly realized no one thought to put on a start button.

#10943 3 years ago

I don't mind the look.....don't forget...it's supposed to be Retro......

#10944 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't mind the look.....don't forget...it's supposed to be Retro......

but is this a cabinet just for this one game, or is it going to be the uniform look for all their games?

It'd be interesting, but a huge waste of money, if they made unique cabinet designs for all their LE's. Why not throw another pile of money on the fire.

#10945 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

but is this a cabinet just for this one game, or is it going to be the uniform look for all their games?
It'd be interesting, but a huge waste of money, if they made unique cabinet designs for all their LE's. Why not throw another pile of money on the fire.

I don't know if I like the look or not. It's canceling the release at the last second because of apparent serious problems that would make me weary of buying. If it was a great game that was built well, I don't think the look would bother me much. It might be nice to have something different.

#10946 3 years ago

This company appears to be the car that brought the clowns to the show.....

#10947 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Now I imagine the meeting with Robert pulling off the tarp, proudly saying let's play a game, and then a very confused and defeated look on his face as he slowly realized no one thought to put on a start button.

This has me in F'ing stitches!

#10948 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

He has to be one beat away from an aneurysm. I bet he threatened to sue everyone he laid eyes on.

#10949 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I assumed it was on the lockdown bar touchsreeen.

#10950 3 years ago

Setting aside the head, we have seen different heads, some love them, some hate them, they tried something different, that is not a total fail, but that lockdown bar, just wow.

Here is what I don't get, did Steve and Barry and Jon Norris and the other pinball people there, who are not name jpop, . . . .

1) Think this was good and ready to go.
2) Knew if was f'd up, but knew Robert loved it and would not respond well to being told otherwise, so they kept their mouths shut.
3) Told Robert what they thought and he still went with it

Number 1 I find very unlikely, 2 and 3 are possible, and would likely create a stressful work environment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/219?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.