Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 672.
#10851 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I might be wrong but you can actually buy the pin on the right.

The one on the right also sold all the units they produced.

#10852 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You guys are behaving like Deeproot are trying to harm your family, not expand one of your favorite hobbies.
Geeeezus, lighten up....

How much money have you lost? Plenty of people on this thread still waiting for a game. Today they got got fed more arrogance and BS.

Still no game.

#10853 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You know that in Australia, when we say something is “Rooted”, it means it’s “f*cked” or broken. So if we were to say something was “Deeply Rooted” it means it is “Very Badly F*cked”. Just sayin.

Well they got their name right. That’s a positive.

#10854 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No comment.[quoted image]

The one on the right didn't cost 3 million dollars to design

#10855 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How much money have you lost? Plenty of people on this thread still waiting for a game. Today they got got fed more arrogance and BS.
Still no game.

I didn't realize Deeproot took money from you.

#10856 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You posted a while back that Deeproot Tech, LLC and Deeproot Media, LLC received between $350k to $1 mill each, from two different banks.

Quoted from Reznnate:

If they can't pay back the loans, and those COVID loans are government-backed....

#10857 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No comment.[quoted image]

Damn. I've been thinking this all day. Still excited to maybe play it someday.

#10858 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

All good. Deeproot did not take any money from me. Plenty of my friends got taken by JPOP and Deeproot have taken on the debt, repaid some and promised other people games. I think that was 3 years ago and the original games were to be delivered 7 years ago. I am sure there is someone on here that can give more accurate info. The entire thing was a scam so you can understand why so many people (including me) are so skeptical that deep root will deliver. As explained previously on this thread, in Australia "root" is slang for "fu@k".

#10859 3 years ago

That backbox...

fishtank (resized).pngfishtank (resized).png
#10860 3 years ago

Also, I'm glad I'm not planning on having any more kids. All those sound waves that close can't be good for my nuts.

#10861 3 years ago

Is there anyone on here that’s at least somewhat exited about this ?Im new so I havnt been through the past of this ,but I have read the story .I kinda like this dude JPOP as he had a good thing going back with Gottlieb n Williams (Games you all love)then had to re invent himself when it came to a sudden stop and boy did he shoot for the moon .With all that happened with MG and Z(can’t remember name of the company)you would think he’d be running from this business as fast as he could but here he is larger than ever .Any press is good press and he has the attention of the pinball community argue if you want look at the number of posts just today .Im not one to follow the crowd so I’ll say this ....I’m giving this the time it needs to be right! I want to see the polished pin that took 7 -8 years to come to life ! If it works out a Great ,if not Bummer but at least there’s plenty of options now to chose from .

#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Im new so I havnt been through the past of this ,but I have read the story .I kinda like this dude JPOP

In your defense I’ll assume you’re drunk, considering the punctuation. At any rate, you’re in a very exclusive club.

#10863 3 years ago

Tuesday!

After one nights sleep I love the backbox.

#10864 3 years ago

Lmao ...yup this is my Friday .I just like people who get up off the mat that’s all .Also my kid wants it after the trailer the theme is right up his alley .

#10865 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao ...yup this is my Friday .I just like people who get up off the mat that’s all .Also my kid wants it after the trailer the theme is right up his alley .

He didn’t get up off the mat, he TWICE seems to have suckered people that felt sorry for him into dragging him back up to his knees so he might have a chance to redeem himself at a huge cost to themselves (APs association with him and Houdini (ANOThER game started by him that had to be fixed/redesigned) and now with DRs $$$pit on a pinball that clearly if ever shipped is just going to be another pin- nothing special.

I think you may have missed the part of the story where he couldn’t finish any pins by himself and other designers had to jump in to get the games fixed and out the door, and then a lot of the details of the MG/AIW/RAZA scam to boot. Otherwise you’d be perhaps whistling a tune more in pitch with others here.

If DR can ship games that are fun and reasonably priced, that’s great and if OG buyers that lost out years ago are made whole, even better. But any Jpop respect is long lost for me.

#10866 3 years ago

original (resized).jpegoriginal (resized).jpeg

from one of our guys in the UK

#10867 3 years ago

The interesting thing is: looking at the photo of the supposedly innovative RAZA machine spending millions of dollars to develop it and others, shows nothing really innovative at all. DR shows no octo manufacturing, because they have none. Multimorphic spending a small amount of money, on the other hand is innovative in what they present as a 21st century new type gaming machine. Multimorphic has done in a few years work, with little money, what DR should have done and more in their 5+ years of work, added to what JPOP had already done for 8 years. Again, this reeks of an investment scam or incredible gross incompetence.

#10868 3 years ago

I don't mind the new cabinet/backbox design, to me its ok and I like the art on the cabinet/backbox. The idea of a touchscreen on a lockdown bar is new and might work ok, but they should round the corners of the bar a bit.

#10869 3 years ago

Looking at the pictures and size from the playfield - I think this game doesn't take regular sized pinball glass ?
John had with one of his previous prototypes weird cabinet dimensions (higher at the end) and regular glass didn't fit, so it wouldn't be his first time..
Looking at this cabinet design, it also seems the playfield glass must be a bit shorter to make room for the display ?

I also wonder how blinding that bottom display will be. I already don't like the few apron leds on DI, if by accident you look right into them.
If that display is a bit bright and you play the game in a dark bar, it'll just blind you and you won't see much of the playfield after a while..
(unless it comes with pinstadiums installed so the playfield itself is also extremely bright)

#10870 3 years ago

The poor execution of reveal, and other glaring oddities, seems to have meant nobody has noticed that the left inlane now has a feed!!

#10871 3 years ago

Might be a “jump the shark” moment.

#10872 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

That backbox...[quoted image]

Made me think of

2952E8DC-4F9D-4D1C-8C4D-8F267C08D200 (resized).jpeg2952E8DC-4F9D-4D1C-8C4D-8F267C08D200 (resized).jpeg
#10873 3 years ago
953A8693-0CD1-48AC-B40B-A1A2B02567A3 (resized).jpeg953A8693-0CD1-48AC-B40B-A1A2B02567A3 (resized).jpeg
#10874 3 years ago

Deeproot- Just put RAZA in a standard lower cab with the new backbox, learn some humility, and sell the damn game for less than a Stern Pro. If you were able to sell a version of that "family truckster" inspired apron for $5k, you can sell a standard cab machine for even less.

#10875 3 years ago

regarding the lockbar they should hire a designer like Luigi Colani

#10876 3 years ago

Maybe the finger prints on the lockdown / touchscreen are of the pinball community that got bent over the front of this thing... anyone notice a face print on the glass?....

#10877 3 years ago

Prediction: This will lead to higher pinball prices for NIB pins.

#10878 3 years ago

I’m still baffled that they knew the announcement was delayed but didn’t say anything until after the time had passed.

Anyway I see RZ has JPop’s name on the backglass. That’s not a selling point and should be removed before the relaunch.

#10879 3 years ago

As per their press release. They were going to film presentation and gameplay with some players. But during the session they found a bunch of issues making them decide to postpond.

Then, someone in there could not keep their mouth shut and leaked the photos. (assumed)

#10880 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still baffled that they knew the announcement was delayed but didn’t say anything until after the time had passed.
Anyway I see RZ has JPop’s name on the backglass. That’s not a selling point and should be removed before the relaunch.

All the names should be removed. Looks corny. Obviously the names will go somewhere tho as they built the machine.

I’m not sure how much JPop gets the blame tho for the delay. I think that’s all Robert Mueller. JPop knows what a finished product looks like, so not sure how he let Robert plan a show case if he knew it wasn’t ready.

Who knows, would be nice to find out what really happened tho. We pretty much got very vague info and we’re all guessing

#10881 3 years ago

John Popadiuk: A Decade of Failure

#10882 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

JPop knows what a finished product looks like, so not sure how he let Robert plan a show case if he knew it wasn’t ready.

I'm sorry, what ?
JPop hasn't produced a 'finished product' in over a decade, despite trying enough and coming up every year with new ideas and mockups..
in his mind even a paper and foam game is 'finished'.. imo he has no idea what it takes to get a game 'production ready'

#10883 3 years ago

If I recall correctly, the RAZA foamcore prototype at the Zidware office had a large LCD in the backpanel, similar to Cirqus Voltaire (and the MG and AIW prototypes). Too bad that got canned as it looked interesting to me. I get that the ramps and other stuff would block parts of the screen, but still.

Am I the only one who thinks the shooterlane is very wide compared to the left outlane?

Also can't help but wonder what a fun day at work it must have been yesterday at deeproot...

Added: why are both displays not functioning while the game is clearly turned on?

#10884 3 years ago

I think I may now be able to figure out why Nordman bailed on them.

#10885 3 years ago

When it was JPOPs company, you could blame JPOP for the delays and issues. This is Robert's company. The buck stops with him.

#10886 3 years ago

Maybe all the employees at deeproot got infected with the jpop-virus.

I advise everybody who meets with JPOP in the future to wear full body protection.

#10887 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fast forward to Expo 2014 i think it was or 2015

I confirmed it, it was expo 2014:

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2014/index.html

6 freaking years ago.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10888 3 years ago

I single handedly built Spaceballs in less time than that, and I took a long time as far as homebrew goes.

There are other great homebrew games that were done way faster.

#10889 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

All the names should be removed. Looks corny. Obviously the names will go somewhere tho as they built the machine.

In the service manual?

#10890 3 years ago

So, let‘s ask what their initial plan was, trying to do a launch event with a sub-par product (speculation):

They invited some folks you guys trust, get them hyped up, film it, share it and generate orders for a game we just saw and that is not being manufactured yet.

But the guys weren‘t head over heels into it, so this did not work out.

If they really wanted to launch with a not finished product that isn‘t in production, and needed this trusted guys help to do so, I very much suspect Deeproot is broke.

Please keep in mind that all of this is speculation and they cancelled it and did not ask for preorder money, so in a way it doesn‘t matter what was going on in the background.

Personally I assume they‘d need additional investment to get this thing up and running; but they‘re really slow on progress and you don‘t throw good money after bad money.

I still hope they make it. I‘d order it the way it is for Pro money.
If you actually get one and the company fails you‘re stinking filthy rich.

#10891 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I still hope they make it. I‘d order it the way it is for Pro money.
If you actually get one and the company fails you‘re stinking filthy rich.

By what logic? If homepin went out of business do you think thunderbirds would be worth more? No way, it's still a trash game.

If you are looking for that big bang bar effect a second time, it ain't happening here.

#10892 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Jpop took a lot of money from a lot of people, and Deeproot decided to hire him anyway. They wanted him, so they get him baggage and all.

Also, Deeproot can do a lot of damage to the industry even if they don't take preorder money from consumers. If they take a ton of investor money and can't produce anything it will make it that much harder for all of the other companies to secure loans and backers if times get lean.

#10893 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Our buddy Billy B. came forward that summer with Pintasia to try and save the day. Thankfully i was overseas and didn't participate. Sorry about that Billy!

Bill's attempt with Pintasia and trying to save this mess should definitely be remembered. He lost $100k of his own money. Then AP lost $300k.

#10894 3 years ago

I just can't get past the idea that the event was originally supposed to be in March.
Wow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

deeproot Launch Media & VIP Information

On Wednesday March 25, 2020, deeproot Pinball is hosting a day long launch event starting at 8:55am Central.

This invitation-only event will feature the long-anticipated launch of the deeproot Pinball company after several years of safeguarded R&D.

A tentative schedule of events is as follows:

Start End Description
8:00 AM 8:45 AM Arrival / Registration
8:45 AM 8:55 AM Seating
8:55 AM 10:40 AM Launch Presentation *
10:40 AM 11:10 AM Break / Facility Tours
11:10 AM 11:45 AM Launch Pres Q&A *
11:45 AM 11:55 AM Bowden RAZA Play through *
11:55 AM 12:00 PM Break / Transition to Luncheon
12:00 PM 12:55 PM Tex-Mex Luncheon / Play Games
12:55 PM 1:00 PM Transition back to Auditorium
1:00 PM 1:30 PM Mechanical Engineering Panel (Q&A) ^
1:30 PM 2:15 PM Game Design Panel (Q&A) ^
2:15 PM 2:45 PM Sales & Distribution Panel ^
2:45 PM 2:55 PM Break
2:55 PM 3:30 PM Electrical Engineering Panel (Q&A) ^
3:30 PM 4:15 PM deeproot Studios Panel (Q&A) ^
4:15 PM 5:30 PM Wrap up / Linger Longer / Play Games

* Streamed to public on delayed broadcast

Event Details
We welcome invited VIP’s, qualified members of the pinball or broader technology media, and select others to apply for credentials to deeproot Pinball’s launch. Limited spots are available. Network infrastructure for live streams will be available. With notice, rooms for recording or interviews can be made available.

Discounted hotel rooms are available for Tuesday night March 24th and Wednesday night March 25th. Free drinks and snacks, as well as a luncheon, will be provided to all attendees on March 25th. Please inform us of any food allergies.

Flights or other transportation costs are attendees’ responsibilities unless a waiver is requested.

Please do not make plans or arrangements to attend until you receive a confirmation from us approving your credentials. We expect a lot of requests and may have to regrettably deny some requests. Since there is limited space in the auditorium, we reserve the right to provide alternate viewing rooms by video feed for guests if the approved guest count exceeds the auditorium capacity.

#10895 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Funny this looks great now.
[quoted image]

I believe you are correct.

It might be as simple as purple side armor , lock down bar and legs or maybe a green to match. Or mix both purple trim green legs vice versa.

Throw in a mirror back glass with some artwork and price it at $4999.00 it 500-1000 units sell out.

If it plays well and has decent code with attention to code updates and polish and it goes well .

#10896 3 years ago

They are the Theranos of pinball and Robert is the new Elizabeth Holmes.

Theranos (resized).jpgTheranos (resized).jpg
#10897 3 years ago

This is exactly what happened and here are some suggestions...

These people came up for this reveal and boom they started telling them everything they didn't like about the game, a giant lump filled their throat and they said dammit they're right. Next they thought about it for a second and said man we can't reveal this because we'll get laughed off the planet for making all these claims of how we'll be the ones to reinvent pinball. Then reality set in that they didn't reinvent anything, but just the opposite they made something that could be a cool looking game look like an abomination.

They sat there and said to themselves maybe we just need to make a pinball game and stop pretending there is some secret sauce to creating a new wheel.

Now that I've seen the game I can honestly say DEEPROOT made the RIGHT call NOT to reveal this game. Period! This is the worst looking design I've ever seen with some good genes to work with. The artwork is amazing, the CGI FX could be cool, the playfield looks like it might work but why did Dr Frankenstein go to the graveyard for body parts to make the rest of the game? Honestly this game looks like FRANKENSTEIN a bunch of disjointed parts that don't go together at all.

Just my two cents...

1) The backbox looks like its a tv sitting on top of a tv stand. Furthermore a lot of people might not have the tallest ceilings. I'm guessing this is higher in the air than a typical pinball. Seriously go back to a regular backbox and call it a day. This is hideous.

2) On the backglass no one wants to look at the credits every time they play the game... it ruins the backglass artwork. Remove your names and if this is the game you produce you don't want your names associated with it honestly. LOL

3) Adding speakers to the front of the cabinet with those ugly and I mean VERY ugly vents. Just don't. Now if it was a built in air conditioner that could keep your legs cold maybe. Otherwise skip it 110% it just ruins the artwork.

4) The screen where the apron is OMG that is super ugly... you look down on it and its what a salad bar, a toaster or what i don't know. If you want to add some sort of screen to that area just do what JJP did with Pirates.

5) Don't show a game with this incredible artwork and forgot to powder coat the game purple. And while you're at it add purple flipper buttons not white.

6) The way you've constructed the frame for the backbox I'm assuming out of steel .. that will be REALLY hard to mass produce because you can't throw that on a CNC machine. I would NIX it all together because honestly its totally and I mean totally weird looking.

7) Something you might consider is to make the entire back box a big screen like JJP. Then the bottom narrow portion could be incorporated into that screen with the bigger section top side being dedicated to the CGI FX Would much rather see that than the screen stretching across the front of the cabinet.

That main toy in the center with the big guns that would be cool if it was a ball lock it turned side to side and shot out balls for a multi ball out of the guns.

9) Lastly, and just another suggestion STOP thinking you need to reinvent pinball and over complicate this process. As you strive to do something so radically different you could have already made and sold hundreds of machines. You made the boast you're reinventing pinball, well you did and you made it worse not better. You have some GREAT artwork there, your game design is done, just flip this back to a traditional pinball machine and STOP trying to change a round wheel into a square one. Go with what works and start building machines for sale.

The game overall has potential if you stop over thinking every element to pinball. Maybe over time you can tweak how you do things but first try just making this game into a pinball machine and sell it!

Whomever is backing this has to be losing millions and millions. At some point even the most passionate billionaire has to shake it his head and say it was fun but I'm out... time to stop driving yourself crazy to meet this expectations that honestly you put on yourself with your statements and just make a pinball machine.

#10898 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why does everyone keep overlooking, Multimorphic P3?
Russell, you need to stop over sometime and play my Heist game and Lexi. Real pinball innovation is already here folks.

Because p3 is kind of a turd. It has a few people who love it but for most its too much emohasis on tech and ignored what made pinball fun to begin with.

P3 is what happens when you design by comitee. People want swappable playfields. Reality, you have multithousand dollar games but can only play one at a time and have to have stoarage not to damage expensive wall hangers.
People want digital interaction. Reality, bittom of the playfield is barren. Physical toys are non existant. The games are interesting the firs r few times but lack replay sinilar to pinball 2k.

Don't even bother arguing against it. Numbers speao volumes. Price isn't the problem either because there are plenty of new machines sought after in its price bracket. The interest just isn't there for a reason.

#10899 3 years ago

Is it just me??...

Menu (resized).jpgMenu (resized).jpg
#10900 3 years ago

Leaked image from tour. Warning: graphic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/218?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.