• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 669.
#10701 3 years ago

There must be quite a bit to do on that front panel .Fingerprints are all over it and not from resting hand there .

DD6AF74B-31D3-4527-8F1C-42870E601041 (resized).pngDD6AF74B-31D3-4527-8F1C-42870E601041 (resized).png
#10702 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It's almost as though.....how does someone NOT place a beer there? It looks like it was made to hold beer steady...

I know people who slap the lockdown bar to nudge.

I know even more who slap the lockdown bar out of frustration after a bad ball.

I have never seen and old lockdown bar on any of my games that wasn't uniformly scratched all over.

I'm guessing these things were not mentioned until the recent "tour".

#10703 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As someone who actually played the Houston game, the "issues with the ramp" are way, way, WAY overblown. Pinside as usual forms it's hivemind opinion based on a few cellphone videos of unskilled randos and makes their final judgement.

I played it as well, didn't film it, but I do consider myself an unskilled rando. I hit that ramp seemingly clean and true many times and it only made it round maybe 1/5 times? It very nearly did each time, but if it wasn't a perfect shot, it didn't go all the way. Someone on here said one of the two machines was more forgiving, dunno. Either way, seems like a simple thing to fix, more flipper power, less angle or whatever.

#10704 3 years ago

So I guess there is no warehouse full of games ready to ship.

#10705 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Didn’t Kaneda say there would be 3 different models. I would guess the lockdown bar could be different on the various models

I hope so cause the sharp corners will hurt my palms, just like Alien and Full Throttle.

#10706 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

There must be quite a bit to do on that front panel .Fingerprints are all over it and not from resting hand there .
[quoted image]

Maybe there’s constant choices that guide you through the story .Right turns ,wrong turns kinda thing .

#10707 3 years ago

This is great!^^^^^

#10708 3 years ago

Saw this on Facebook

3F17D617-5388-4871-BBF3-262B653C1E62 (resized).jpeg3F17D617-5388-4871-BBF3-262B653C1E62 (resized).jpeg
#10709 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm not sold on 'em. Still haven't evolved ears in place of testicles.

If you're gonna do a crotch speaker, at least do one one big enough to ring the player's bells...

ma (resized).jpgma (resized).jpg
#10710 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

So I guess there is no warehouse full of games ready to ship.

images.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
#10711 3 years ago

From the surface, I think it looks pretty cool. If I saw this thing sitting in a room, I would definitely be interested in playing it. Pf looks good, backbox is funky cool, and apron display is interesting. Only obvious thing is the lockdown bar corners need to be rounded for comfort. Does looks expensive, though. No way this would be cheaper than a Stern pro.

#10712 3 years ago

Too bad Oprah doesn’t make pins.Just go to a show and come home with one .

#10713 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I guess I’m still not getting the whole 4 years here to produce this. I mean if they invented pinball then sure, I can get lots of dead ends leading to a delayed project. If nobody on their team had ever built a pinball machine then maybe. But WTH happened to not be able to knock that out in under 2 years ? And what’s with all the low dollar plastic ramps versus some wire forms ? A behind the scenes aftermath documentary will likely be fascinating to watch. Kinda a Fyre Festival but for pinball, hopefully not involving bologna sandwiches instead of the promised steak for their customers and employees.

#10714 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

A behind the scenes aftermath documentary will likely be fascinating to watch.

I'd preorder that.

#10715 3 years ago

This thing looks super sweet and expensive! Stern could be in big trouble! Their cheap junk builds can’t hold a candle to this thing! I’m in!

#10716 3 years ago

It would seem as though that whole lower display was kept under wraps, and they didn't let outsiders test it for fear their "innovation" would leak. Then these podcasters came in to play it, gave it a thumbs down, and now they may be stuck with a massive design choice that needs to get 86'd.

#10717 3 years ago

Maybe this is not the right thread for this, but I just want to give props to spooky and American pinball.... they both did amazing jobs starting up pinball manufacturing companies and I can only imagine how challenging it is.

Bit bummed for deeproot they were not ready yet. I am sure teams are working hard....
I like the back box... pretty cool. If that is a display at the lockdown bar... it does not look great....

Maybe it has 3D sound ?

#10718 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

It would seem as though that whole lower display was kept under wraps, and they didn't let outsiders test it for fear their "innovation" would leak. Then these podcasters came in to play it, gave it a thumbs down, and now they may be stuck with a massive design choice that needs to get 86'd.

The podcasters are just dead weight who were there to get drunk and provide free marketing, but I think having actual players there who could point out the basic glaring flaws of having a palm torturing lockdown bar that also blocks the view of the flippers may cause some issues in the marketplace.

#10719 3 years ago

Was the main flow not being able to see the flippers while playing? It reminds me MG with the ramp hiding the screen. The flipper, it’s much more a big deal.
I prefered the look of the first prototype. Colors are better and we can see the flippers. I don’t feel the need to add a screen... again.
Not a fan of the neo style backbox but the art is great.
Anyway, this might all go to a pinball museum one day. Who knows.
Good luck to them anyway.

07DF19C5-D773-4030-B71A-AC4BB019659B (resized).png07DF19C5-D773-4030-B71A-AC4BB019659B (resized).pngC8C11EB3-7CE6-4EAC-B0BD-88CB55CDFDFD (resized).pngC8C11EB3-7CE6-4EAC-B0BD-88CB55CDFDFD (resized).png
#10720 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The large rectangular apron has got to go.It looks bad and probably painful on the palms,They would be better of to interstate a lower screen into standard slightly extended playfield

#10721 3 years ago

I honestly cant believe that split head design is actually being liked.

It is obviously more expensive to make like that. It gives the ops another horizontal surface to dust and clean. Hope there's enough room to get a big hand in there and do so.

I just usually vacuum the tops off a couple times a year, but dust will show up quicker with this design.and no way to easy vacuum with any attachment I have.

It's like they are trying hard to reinvent the wheel.

#10722 3 years ago

Is that a Bose Radio from the 90's stuck on the pin ? Guessing it's the monitor - looks more like a radio in an old barbershop.

The lock down area is stupid bad. Genital area speakers ? What is going on at that place ?

#10723 3 years ago

Is palm-bruising the new dimpling?

I hope so. So sick of dimpling.

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Is that a Bose Radio from the 90's stuck on the pin ?

Yes, I get a serious 90s Sharper Image catalogue vibe out of it. Also reminds me of a stainless steel kitchen appliance.

#10724 3 years ago

Judging by the fingerprints, I assume this is a touch screen?? Or is it reflections? What are your thoughts?

2484B876-BB15-4C89-9194-931D43FDC4FC (resized).jpeg2484B876-BB15-4C89-9194-931D43FDC4FC (resized).jpeg

#10725 3 years ago

That lockbar screen has to be an LE feature and what they had on the Proto (stainless steel apron, no view blocking) must be the Pro offering. Ain't no way these pics are the "$5K model" hyped last night.

#10726 3 years ago

a touch screen for player input could be pretty cool (high score entry, making selections), but, that implementation makes no sense at all. I can just see how this played out . . .

Robert: This is the kind of innovation we need, a touch screen in the lock down bar, what do you think . . .

In-house experts: it will be uncomfortable for the player, be a nightmare on location with breakage, short people can't see the flippers, this is never going to work.

Robert: You guys are stuck in the past, you don't understand what people want . . .

invites outside experts . . .

Robert: I promised innovation, look a touch screen in the lock down bar, what do you think . . .

visiting experts: innovative, sort of, but it will be uncomfortable for the player, be a nightmare on location with breakage, short people can't see the flippers, this is never going to work.

Robert: Cancel the event, and someone figure out who I can blame.

#10727 3 years ago

That thing is infected with jpopitis all over! You know those front grills aren't for speakers, right? They're the new patented jpop cooling vents! But now the jpopitis has spread from the superficial to the primary organs!

I wonder if they left it as pinball-as-we-know-it, and concentrated on the -playfield-, they might have actually kept their timelines and promises, and been cost competitive. How much time and money did these "innovations" suck up?!

First go around, might want to KISS with some evolutionary updates, like the wraparound translite which seems cool. But they don't want it to be easy, they insist on making this rocket science. Maybe Robert has the same defect as Jpop which is what he found so attractive in him. That seems to be what this design suggests. Two peas in a pod?

#10728 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Judging by the fingerprints, I assume this is a touch screen?? What are your thoughts?
[quoted image]

I think that's maybe a microwave oven with the door on the top instead of the front ? Or maybe a dispenser for ice cream sandwiches or cold drinks.

#10729 3 years ago

Man, Aurich's rendering looks SO much better. Here is the side by side.

436e61577d4fc0a440ce3a4608864e01a3f7a9ca (resized).jpg436e61577d4fc0a440ce3a4608864e01a3f7a9ca (resized).jpg
99dbbaa98b3c059050c418b50c35153f21418ee5 (resized).jpg99dbbaa98b3c059050c418b50c35153f21418ee5 (resized).jpg

Also, they should have just left the apron alone. I thought the prototype looked fine. Just ship a freaking game and stop re-inventing the wheel.
67e60fa475d0577eaa22cfdb7ebfcd3134b22299 (resized).jpg67e60fa475d0577eaa22cfdb7ebfcd3134b22299 (resized).jpg8a45d5ea0c21d0eed2ed8078e4be3c2607f44faf (resized).jpg8a45d5ea0c21d0eed2ed8078e4be3c2607f44faf (resized).jpg

#10730 3 years ago

How are they paying their bills? Is there a never ending stream of angel investor cash?

#10731 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The podcasters are just dead weight who were there to provide free marketing, but I think having actual players there who could point out the basic glaring flaws of having a palm torturing lockdown bar that also blocks the view of the flippers may cause some issues in the marketplace.

I'm guessing Robert is a dictator who won't let an idea change once he's made up his mind, JPOP doesn't actually play what he creates and Steve Bowden was told "just come up with the rules, we don't need any help with engineering". Just a guess but when the smoke clears I bet I'm more right than wrong.

#10732 3 years ago

Makes Thunderbirds look like a really good machine.

#10733 3 years ago

This thing is awful. I hate the lockdown bar and the head on stilts. The game really reminds me of a Heighway game. It's a shame. I wish someone would eventually be able to live up to their own hype.

Overall, I'm left with more respect for Stern, Spooky, JJP, CGC and AP...

#10734 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

This thing is awful. I hate the lockdown bar and the head on stilts. The game really reminds me of a Heighway game. It's a shame. I wish someone would eventually be able to live up to their own hype.

Makes me have that much more respect for someone like Chuck @ Spooky. I bet deep root has been through more cash than Spooky has

#10735 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Also, they should have just left the apron alone. I thought the prototype looked fine.

The Houston prototype looks like the Mona Lisa in comparison.

#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Houston prototype looks like the Mona Lisa in comparison.

It just wasn't innovative enough.

#10737 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You notice how this part wasn’t addressed right?
They just solidified the breach of contract claim if it’s even worth the f ing effort
Why wait almost a FULL YEAR to bring in some media beta testers!!!
Just more excuses and incompetence.
I live right here and buy a shit load of games.
I could have told them what they needed to know months ago
Just f ing amazing

The tragic reality is not for us the pinball community, rather the sham DR is for all the trusting investors that have poured millions into another Zidware style ponzi scheme. We now see why Dennis Norseman left and Steve Bowden is silent, along with all the other associated hired industry professional pinball people at DR. DR did not need the “pinball media” to come and tell them they were not ready, if they really were a legitimate company. Because DR has employed numerous pinball professionals that have been in the industry for many years. Those people could have and probably did say, Robert were not ready. What is happening is exactly how ponzi schemes operate. That’s the reality.

#10738 3 years ago

When's the next board meeting? I don't imagine those are going too well for Robert at this point.

#10739 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The tragic reality is not for us the pinball community, rather the sham DR is for all the trusting investors that have poured millions into another Zidware style ponzi scheme. We now see why Dennis Norseman left and Steve Bowden is silent, along with all the other associated hired industry professional pinball people at DR. DR did not need the “pinball media” to come and tell them they were not ready, if they really were a legitimate company, because DR has employed many pinball professionals that have been in the industry for many years. Those people could have and probably did say, Robert were not ready. What is happening is exactly how ponzi schemes operate. That’s the reality.

This is the part on unsolved mysteries where the mastermind usually skips the country and the Robert stack asks for our help finding the person

#10740 3 years ago

I think we can at least record for the books that “someone“ within deeproot lacks judgement.

The last 20% to make/ develop & polish ANYTHING takes 80% of the time.
(This is why many products nowadays are „banana products“. They ripen when they‘re already at the customers home. But you only can do this with code.)

#10741 3 years ago

maybe the lockdown bar is a projected hologram and the front cabinet cut-outs are for a fog machine!

Naaah! ... maybe?

#10742 3 years ago

Okay it's no biggie, I have the solution for the shorter folks. You know those church pew fold down kneelers?? Just add one of those between the front legs?

Can anyone with some Photoshop savy help me out here?

And if the game ever breaks they can kneel and pray for LTG to help!

Win win !!

#10743 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Makes me have that much more respect for someone like Chuck @ Spooky. I bet deep root has been through more cash than Spooky has

DR probably burned more cash making this prototype than Spooky has made selling all their games combined...

#10744 3 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Why does everyone keep overlooking, Multimorphic P3?

Russell, you need to stop over sometime and play my Heist game and Lexi. Real pinball innovation is already here folks.

#10745 3 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

A behind the scenes aftermath documentary will likely be fascinating to watch.

Quoted from aingide:

I'd preorder that.

Screenshot_20200908-004101~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200908-004101~2 (resized).png
#10746 3 years ago

Ditch the stupid backbox and lcd lockbar.
Keep the first proto look.
If they want a extra display put it in the apron
Use the new steep cabinet to make room for a bigger under glass world (and the apron lcd).

#10747 3 years ago

Just watch Goodfellas and note the restaurant scene leading up to the torching of the place. Hey can someone get me a hammer tested t-shirt before they strike the match ?

#10748 3 years ago

So how will this thing look in a lineup when it sticks out 6-8 inches farther than any pin due to the apron design?

#10749 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

So how will this thing look in a lineup when it sticks out 6-8 inches farther than any pin due to the apron design?

I don't think it does. It takes up apron real estate but in excess thus hard to see flippers.

At least it has a shooter lane groove

#10750 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why does everyone keep overlooking, Multimorphic P3?

Those look like crap too.

IN MY OPINION, relax people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/215?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.