Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 672.
#10551 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've seen worse pinball machines.

Yeah besides the lockdown bar and crotch speakers it does not look bad. It must play TERRIBLY for them to have pushed back the launch.

#10552 3 years ago

For those of you who wanted to go through a few touchscreen menus in order to start your game, MAN are you in luck....

#10553 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Yeah besides the lockdown bar and crotch speakers it does not look bad. It must play TERRIBLY for them to have pushed back the launch.

I think your hand picked group of pinbaliterati grasping their hands in pain after playing two balls probably sent a message to them that yet another reboot is in order.

#10554 3 years ago

lockdown bar looks like your hands would be on fire from it. Stellar wars?

then look at the angle, if you are a short player you can't even see the freaking flippers!

#10555 3 years ago

Backbox setup is pretty cool, actually. I love it.

Lockdown bar area is a non-starter. Awful.

#10556 3 years ago

The head I could live with, but that lockdown bar... that must be what the "beta testers" all gave their feedback on.

#10557 3 years ago

Maybe those aren’t speakers, just air conditioning for when you get hot and bothered playing the innovation.

I really like the art.

#10558 3 years ago

K-Man we need you to rant about this.

#10559 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

coupled with arrogance - never a good combination.
Trying to be positive. It's so much of a shitshow, at least they didn't try and palm bullshit off on us and carry on selling boxes of turd.
Neil.

Who among us can confidently say that Deeproot is capable of even producing boxes of turds though?
Seems to me you’re giving them far too much credit.

Feels bad for Steve though. Seemed like an awesome guy and I’ll bet he’s far more disappointed than any of us at the moment.

#10560 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

That backbox is pretty cool and probably very easy to update for a different title.

So is a translite.

#10561 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So is a translite.

Not if the head has side art.

#10562 3 years ago

This does not look appealing lock down bar looks terrible.

#10563 3 years ago
4fs1mn.jpg4fs1mn.jpg
#10564 3 years ago

Interesting, but reminds me of Zidware. Spent a bunch of time trying to reinvent the wheel. After how many years of a concept that jpop came up with how long ago they still can't officially show anything? Company seems incompetent.

#10565 3 years ago

Front legs and back legs aren't correct??

Reminds me of the soldering tech picture with the tech holding the heating element and going to solder on the topside of pcb.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-08-at-9.15.01-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2016-03-08-at-9.15.01-AM (resized).png
#10566 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

K-Man we need you to rant about this.

You do?

What's wrong with our rants?

#10567 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So is a translite.

Except swapping a translite doesn't change the side stickers.

#10568 3 years ago

I just want to say... I freaking love this hobby. How many of these threads have we gotten over the years. Never gets old.

#10569 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Except swapping a translite doesn't change the side stickers.

or the side art on the cabinet on this.

#10570 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe they went into production model with that lockdown bar.

Haven't they ever played Stellar Wars? Those hard lockdown bar angles will bruise and crush your palms with every slap save.

Shhhhhh. You're ruining my mod business where I'm going to repackage simple ass play-doh balls to gob over the lockbar edges for like $30.

#10571 3 years ago

Getting vibes or 8 Ball Deluxe Limited edition cabinet

#10572 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

or the side art on the cabinet on this.

Agreed. All of this looks like change for the sake of change.

#10573 3 years ago

I really like the head (ha.ha.ha.), but doesn't it look like the translite is already falling down? It's already slipped an inch on the left with just a little beta testing.

#10574 3 years ago

I was hoping the new cabinet came with 8 legs.

#10575 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You do?
What's wrong with our rants?

He's more plugged in.

K Man flips out about things like bad marketing, he could write a book about Deeppoop and this horrible reveal.

The VIP event, they invite every other 2-bit podcaster but leave out Rick Flair.

C21EF546-E1C7-4F6D-8BF0-81FC41129072 (resized).jpegC21EF546-E1C7-4F6D-8BF0-81FC41129072 (resized).jpeg

#10576 3 years ago

Put that in a box and f ing ship it!

Once you get the clear ramps in.

Back box is cool. Apron is not. Yikes

#10577 3 years ago

Also... is that an ethernet/cat5/cat6 cable I see squirming it's way into the back of the machine? Anyone ever see a blue power cord?

#10578 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Agreed. All of this looks like change for the sake of change.

Today it is a wrap around translite. What about a couple years down the road when flexible screens are all the rage and we have a backbox with a complete wraparound screen? That would be fnosm.

#10579 3 years ago

I mean....I kind of REALLY dig the head configuration and side art wrap. A lot.

The lockdown bar, on the other hand....that won't play.

#10580 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Behold. The innovation.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got a bit of Wicos Af-Tor , the head on pegs.

a31bae9b52fd8fd025ba5c0e64936c425a2557cb (resized).pnga31bae9b52fd8fd025ba5c0e64936c425a2557cb (resized).png
#10581 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Today it is a wrap around translite. What about a couple years down the road when flexible screens are all the rage and we have a backbox with a complete wraparound screen? That would be fnosm.

Completely agree with you there. As paper-esque displays get more and more affordable, you'll definitely see it. We're already getting into that territory with art blades.

#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just want to say... I freaking love this hobby. How many of these threads have we gotten over the years. Never gets old.

I was just gonna say, where else can you get this kind of entertainment despite the money we lost

Comedy gold

#10583 3 years ago

Also... are those screens in the inside sides of the cabinet (where people sometimes install mirror blades)?

#10584 3 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Completely agree with you there. As paper-esque displays get more and more affordable, you'll definitely see it. We're already getting into that territory with art blades.

Good call. I dig those lighted blades.

#10585 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also... are those screens in the inside sides of the cabinet (where people sometimes install mirror blades)?

I believe its brushed stainless.

#10586 3 years ago

The zoomed-out look for that machine is gorgeous, really a looker...but putting a touchscreen interface right where people smack the hell out of the machine for slap saves? Yipes.

#10587 3 years ago

The style on the cabinet sorta goes with a "retro atomic" vibe. But it definitely seems needlessly complicated.

Maybe this is the LE cabinet? Like there is no way it's a touchscreen lockdown bar and going to be less than a Stern Pro.

#10588 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I really like the head (ha.ha.ha.), but doesn't it look like the translite is already falling down? It's already slipped an inch on the left with just a little beta testing.

That is just the art you are looking at I believe. It's a slanted line. Look at the bottom right corner.

#10589 3 years ago

Well, NOW I understand how they went from a playable game, to nothing that they can release.

I guess the real question is how dependent are they on having that lock-down bar display. That will determine if it is a 3 month delay, or a 12 month delay.

#10590 3 years ago

LOL Levi you nailed it, saying it looks like it was out of a sharper image catalogue! No sir, I don't like it. Gonna be rough for deeproot

#10591 3 years ago

How long did it take those morons to design that back box! Come on people, this company is a joke and if any of the people working there had a clue they would run for the hills!

#10592 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

That is just the art you are looking at I believe. It's a slanted line. Look at the bottom right corner.

It's also JPop's style to have things slightly off-center or rotated

#10593 3 years ago

The game would look better with habitrails coming back down to the inlanes. The frosted return ramps are blocking the art.

#10594 3 years ago

I bet there's a patent on this design as well. Because... let's spend money and time on patenting things.

#10595 3 years ago

Not a fan of the "crotch speakers" and that 2-story backbox design (it seems to be removable, just slide it in?)...

...but the art looks great and I like the fishtank design of the backglass.

#10596 3 years ago

I just can't believe it took a room full of pinball celebrities for them to realize their lockdown bar of the future renders the game unplayable.

Makes you wonder how much of their experienced pinball staff had anything to do with the design.

Google the Atari 5200 controller for reference.

#10597 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I bet there's a patent on this design as well. Because... let's spend money and time on patenting things.

They're for sure patenting touch screen lockdown bar stuff. And I'm sure Stern couldnt care less to license that sort of tech.

#10598 3 years ago

Forget slap-saves and bruised palms... the first time someone bangs that lockdown bar out of elimination frustration - you know, like we ALL have at least once - will reveal just how stupid that design decision was. Did NOBODY ever play this and get a little "too much into it"?

I mean, the screen *could* work in that general area! Reinvent the apron and do something cool. Add extra buttons to the cabinet to interact with menus if you must. But a freakin' screen, right in the middle of the lockdown bar? Oof. Bet operators will LOVE the bill for that one!

Man. After all this time, you just hate to see it...

elim (resized).jpgelim (resized).jpg
#10599 3 years ago

A dialed back version could have a small screen on the left side of the apron that could be cool

#10600 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Behold. The innovation.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just cannot stop laughing!I thought Thunderbirds was bad This makes Thunderbirds look like game of the year.

I feel really bad for all the people waiting for a game. Bankruptcy next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/212?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.