Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 672.
#10451 3 years ago

First wave empty cabinet (retail money burned) second wave prototype (investor money burned) third wave (retail trust burned).

The agony of dreamers of the JPop myth will continue until deeproot is finally belly-up.

#10452 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

underdog, overdog.... Bro... What about good ol updog???

Updog (resized).jpgUpdog (resized).jpg

#10454 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

First wave empty cabinet (retail money burned) second wave prototype (investor money burned) third wave (retail trust burned).
The agony of dreamers of the JPop myth will continue until deeproot is finally belly-up.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

You realize there's at least four other actual, functioning pinball machine companies right now that are willing to sell you an actual, real pinball machine, rather than a dream?

#10455 3 years ago

Amazing all that money deeproot burned so far for nothing.

#10456 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you doing this to yourself?

A real fan stays til the end its my fate.

#10457 3 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

One different decision and this whole thing may have had a radically different outcome: Don't hire JPop

Yup. Even his WMS games aren't that great. Pretty to look at but never the best playing games. The RAZA proto shot very poorly and yet people are still going ga-ga over today's (now postponed) reveal?

I guess given enough time enough monkeys can produce a functional pinball machine.

I'm curious, did anyone who got one of those Magic Girl games get it up, running and fully playable? Or did those even ship?

#10458 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Good point. I'm a Washington Football Team fan!

#10459 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

underdog, overdog.... Bro... What about good ol updog???

droopy-dog-cartoon-characters-i16 (resized).jpgdroopy-dog-cartoon-characters-i16 (resized).jpg

I'm so excited

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

But... what are you a fan of?

#10461 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

This thread should just be renamed the Schadenfreude Fan Club

#10462 3 years ago

I'm tagging out of this thread. I wasted too much time already.

#10464 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Dissapointment

#10465 3 years ago

Not looking good...

Screenshot_20200921-140247_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200921-140247_Facebook (resized).jpg
#10467 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Not looking good...
[quoted image]

Did you read it? He says he will continue with the site, but with a focus on his employer... deeproot.

#10468 3 years ago

holy sheeeet. As a long suffering "OG" of the jpop saga even I am blown away at this news and the botched non-reveal.

I can't believe another company got "jpopped", and the biggest one yet.

#10469 3 years ago

Could someone post a key post or link to see the sh*t show you are all referencing? I gave up on this thread months ago, but this many posts in this short of time was too enticing to pass up but I am not wading through 10K of posts... thats just not going to happen...

#10470 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm the 6 guests had to sign an NDA? I wonder how bad it truly was.

#10471 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Could someone post a key post or link to see the sh*t show you are all referencing? I gave up on this thread months ago, but this many posts in this short of time was too enticing to pass up but I am not wading through 10K of posts... thats just not going to happen...

No. Nobody can do that for you you lazy fuck!

Tough titty. You want to know whats going on browse the last 4 pages dude, not exactly the magna carta.

#10472 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Not looking good...
[quoted image]

Steve's full statement doesn't make it look bad at all (which sorta reads like he is being tasked with taking over deeproot's social media presence)

From July 1, 2012 to September 21, 2020 (a total of 3005 consecutive days), I have been posting about the pinball scene. That will stop after today. The site is not being closed, but it will be undergoing a transition.

Since I am Rules Designer for deepoot Pinball, I am biased in certain aspects and will be rightly called that by others, as I continue my career in pinball development for this company.

To address this, I’ve decided to make FunWithBonus.com mainly a deeproot focused online presence while adding my perspective as Rules Designer. Although the site will be more focused on deeproot, it will not be “deeproot only”. I will continue to bring attention to other happenings in the pinball scene as I done before. However, posts will no longer happen every day. My goal is to produce better content moving forward.

Some sections will be brought over to the new style. For example, I plan for The New Pinball Dictionary to remain and to devote more time to expand it with more entries. Other sections may be retained as well.

Tomorrow (9/22/2020) I will not post anything pinball related here, and the site may be brought into a maintenance mode as I transition. Thank you for the motivation over these past 8+ years. I hope you continue to check out FunWithBonus.com when it changes over to a new format.

For now, if you have been a visitor to this site for some time, I’m sure you know about This Week in Pinball. They do a great job keeping us updated on what’s going on in the pinball scene. Make sure to visit This Week in Pinball for the latest in pinball news coverage. I certainly will.

#10473 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

TLDR:

Deeproot shit the bed. Botched launch, postponed with no future date set.

#10474 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think what's really telling is based on their statement, they didn't really have many outside people come to look at what they're doing before the media came. Apparently everything was fine until some outside pinball-people came to look at what they had. Then the marketing presentation turned into a focus group and feedback session. So something is clearly very wrong somewhere. (Maybe someone finally convinced them to not show anything until games are in boxes ready to be put in trucks)

It sure sounds like you're right - but what about the game designers??! (forget about JPop... but the other guys!)

#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Can anyone confirm the 6 guests had to sign an NDA? I wonder how bad it truly was.

I can confirm they had to sign an NDA, but I don't know the terms of it.

#10476 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Not looking good...

Robert loses Steve it's all over, Steve should demand a huge raise and Robert can go after that twitch guy for damages. Win win !!

#10477 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

TLDR:
Deeproot shit the bed. Botched launch, postponed with no future date set.

You forgot the part where six pinball “VIPs” got a look at what they were going to reveal and after them absolutely hating what they saw they decided to postpone.

#10478 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. Nobody can do that for you you lazy fuck!
Tough titty. You want to know whats going on browse the last 4 pages dude, not exactly the magna carta.

Hey someone did so, take that as words typed in vain...

#10479 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey someone did so, take that as words typed in vain...

I was foiled again!

#10480 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It sure sounds like you're right - but what about the game designers??! (forget about JPop... but the other guys!)

You mean like near septuagenarian Barry O that is probably happy to be drawing a check and won't be overly critical of the weirdo writing the checks?

#10481 3 years ago

Like WHAT IN THE HELL was going to happen back in March when they were paying for everyone to come see this thing, that isn't ready 6 months later?

#10482 3 years ago

just bizarre

#10483 3 years ago
silence (resized).jpgsilence (resized).jpg
#10484 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You forgot the part where six pinball “VIPs” got a look at what they were going to reveal and after them absolutely hating what they saw they decided to postpone.

I read it as they pointed out some flaws they might want to fix before launching. To me it seems more like whatever new system they've created for holding/lifting/accessing the playfield might not be working as well as they hoped. It seems like they should have done this type of product testing with a real audience more than 2 days before an announced launch.

#10485 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Like WHAT IN THE HELL was going to happen back in March when they were paying for everyone to come see this thing, that isn't ready 6 months later?

To me the best case scenario is the game is mostly done, but the manufacturing isn't ready and someone finally convinced them to not reveal until the shipments are ready. And it's still incredibly troubling if that is the best case scenario.

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Robert loses Steve it's all over, Steve should demand a huge raise and Robert can go after that twitch guy for damages. Win win !!

Steve is just as worthless as every other individual at Deeproot. A rule designer doesn’t make a pinball company. This company needs a George Gomez, someone who has a clue regarding designing and manufacturing pinball machines. Steve is just collecting a check until the ship goes down.

#10487 3 years ago

There's still time for them to switch back to their original logo and focus on new products to manufacture. Making buttplugs is easy!

deeproot_300-300x184 (resized).jpgdeeproot_300-300x184 (resized).jpg
#10488 3 years ago

By the way I learned this movie has a very different title in Germany.

Belushi-670x376 (resized).jpgBelushi-670x376 (resized).jpg
#10489 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

[quoted image]

Hello pinside my old friend
I've come to let you down again
You were promised innovation off the charts
BUt all we've got today is another silent fart

And the word salads of the podcasters as always said nothing at all
There was No pinball

Echoed with the sounds...of silence

#10490 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Steve is just as worthless as every other individual at Deeproot. A rule designer doesn’t make a pinball company. This company needs a George Gomez, someone who has a clue regarding designing and manufacturing pinball machines. Steve is just collecting a check until the ship goes down.

I get your point but you should srsly rephrase that...

#10491 3 years ago

how_to_shoot_yourself_in_the_foot (resized).jpghow_to_shoot_yourself_in_the_foot (resized).jpg

#10492 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hello pinside my old friend
I've come to let you down again
You were promised innovation off the charts
BUt all we've got today is a silent fart
And the word salads of the podcasters, said nothing at all
There was No pinball
Echoed with the sounds...of silence

Pinside's own Bob Dylan

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I read it as they pointed out some flaws they might want to fix before launching. To me it seems more like whatever new system they've created for holding/lifting/accessing the playfield might not be working as well as they hoped. It seems like they should have done this type of product testing with a real audience more than 2 days before an announced launch.

No way they miss a launch over minor issues. There must have been fundamental flaws with their platform. It’s clear these people don’t understand pinball.

#10494 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Covid sent DR into total regression.

They actually went backwards

Sounds like they built a nice auditorium though

#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You mean like near septuagenarian Barry O that is probably happy to be drawing a check and won't be overly critical of the weirdo writing the checks?

OUCH!!

#10496 3 years ago

Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.

I read this as: Our game sucks. They told us it sucks.

The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.

I read this as: We have a lemon that isn't fun to play.

So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!

I read this as: It's not well-engineered and not fun-to-play as it sits.

#10497 3 years ago
4frvr5 (resized).jpg4frvr5 (resized).jpg
#10498 3 years ago

As a long-time deeproot apologist, this is definitely embarrassing and they may be in deepshit as they continue to destroy their own image and credibility. They had a full in-person launch scheduled in March and can’t pull off a virtual launch six months later???

#10499 3 years ago

When there is actually NOTHING to disclose or reveal I fail to see the merits of an NDA?

#10500 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.

That's another year easy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/210?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.