New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,877 posts
  • 843 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 minutes ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,162 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

not-easy-button-150x150 (resized).png
ScientificDeepBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif
petrockbar (resized).jpg
don't use drugs (resized).JPG
9D63D1AC-10D1-4DA4-AC66-3E16FC881D74 (resized).jpeg
febo-dutch-automat (resized).jpg
the-automat-birth-of-a-fast-food-nations-featured-photo (resized).jpg
PoliticalBareBighornedsheep-size_restricted.gif
ThriftySomberGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif
chuck (resized).png
B114AC25-0356-4DE9-9F8A-792013AA8AB8 (resized).jpeg
DSC4194 (resized).jpg
B8OKxpRCYAEwBSa 1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201012-234645_Photos (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20201011_160912 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12877 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 258.
#10401 29 days ago

This thread is exactly what I needed today now that the Gameseum thread is locked. Thank you deeproot.

#10402 29 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn't Norman leave also? He left Heighway as a precursor to a shit show. Maybe his nose should be trusted.

Yeah I think he's gone too.

#10403 29 days ago
Quoted from chad:

Big Disappointment

#10404 29 days ago

There has to be one of these 6 people or a previous employee that can give everyone the lowdown anonymously somehow.

#10405 29 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hindsight... but man... A STABLE full of industry vets... given an extra 7 months.. on top of the extra years... is shown the light and put in place by a group of social media no-ones?
How can anyone take these clowns seriously? You goto the last minute of the eleventh hour, and this 'feedback' is enough to stop EVERYTHING? Hell, they didn't even cancel on time.
How do you invest years and hundreds of thousands of dollars... to be enlightened by a handful of podcasters who haven't even been around the block?
I don't even know how anyone can show their face again in the light of this kind of colossal f up. The dirt needs to come out.

To be fair, it's millions and millions of dollars!

#10406 29 days ago

This whole thing has simply made my morning... the humor in here is off the charts...

#10407 29 days ago
Quoted from pin2d:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zidware Claims...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eclectic Gamers Interview
1/25/18:
From This Week in Pinball:
deeproot Pinball: New Home, New Hires, 5 Days of deeproot, EXCLUSIVE follow up interview:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-new-home-new-hires-5-days-deeproot-exclusive-follow-interview/
--------------------------------------- Original Interview--------------------------------------
UPDATE: **EXCLUSIVE interview with deeproot Pinball:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/
Please do not copy and paste the whole interview in the thread as website views are my only way to track interest, and I want to see if spending this much time on one post is "worth it". Thanks.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thisweekinpinball
Twitter: https://twitter.com/__twip__
Email: thisweekinpinball@gmail.com
--------------------------------------- Initial Post--------------------------------------
On today's This Week in Pinball (http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-stream/), we tease the upcoming interview with deeproot which will be posted Thursday. Below is a preview of the interview:
deeproot Pinball has been quietly making progress on their path and plan to become a major pinball manufacturing company. They have been in licensing talks for several major pinball titles. They are currently looking to hire a Pinball Game Designer and a Game Writer (click here for the openings and descriptions including salary). They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks.
This Week in Pinball will be sharing an **EXCLUSIVE** interview with deeproot on Thursday. Some of the topics covered include:
Why they hired John Popadiuk
Updates on deeproot’s efforts to make Zidware customers/vendors whole
Information on their upcoming public announcement
Why deeproot Tech decided to pursue pinball as a new venture
What type of build quality to expect from deeproot (hint: using a car comparison, they want to build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices)
What is deeproot Pinball’s target market (hint: its you)
The possibility of mass producing Magic Girl, Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, and Alice in Wonderland
deeproot is extremely confident that they will be a very successful pinball manufacturer. The interview will make some in the pinball community angry, some won’t believe anything deeproot says, and some will be skeptical but quietly hopeful/excited. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

So maybe you guys need to chime in here? You were there. You saw what went wrong. What TF happened?

pin2d ???

#10408 29 days ago

All this for a Popadiuk game.

#10409 29 days ago

Is this really a website?

Where is the pages for:
Technical data?
Warranty info??
Distribution and sales?
Lifestyle and swag??
What happened to the site that had some employee info and picture place holders that were never filled??

#10410 29 days ago
full_jpop (resized).jpg
#10411 29 days ago

I bet everyone at Stern is getting a good laugh.

#10412 29 days ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Well if that was day 1 of deeproot, I can’t wait to see what day 2 brings us!!

Day 1 = today (9/21), beta flop.
Day 2 = Chapter 11.
Day 3 = Chapter 13.
Day 4 = Chapter 7.

#10413 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

man people just don't want to give up on this

Well, I have to throw in the towel. I have been postive for deeproot for quite some time, but this... this is just... There isn't a word for it. Maybe the Germans can help me out here: is there a Schadenfreude-type-word for this situation?

I have now lost all faith.

#10415 29 days ago

I was half following this just because I like pinball, but I'm doing myself a favor and draining this thread, and consciously avoiding all updates that have anything with the word "deeproot" in it.

I'm all about championing the underdog, but at this point, I have a feeling they're getting a laugh at how long they can keep people talking about them whilst offering nothing.

I don't care if they make a game that makes Medieval Madness look a pile of poop, I'm out!

See you never.

#10416 29 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I have to throw in the towel. I have been postive for deeproot for quite some time, but this... this is just... There isn't a word for it. Maybe the Germans can help me out here: is there a Schadenfreude-type-word for this situation?
I have now lost all faith.

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation...

#10417 29 days ago
Quoted from CNKay:

What happened to the site that had some employee info and picture place holders that were never filled??

You're thinking of deeproot studios, their Utah company, which has been let go

https://deeprootstudios.com/team/

#10418 29 days ago

Erased, sorry about that. Didn't sound as goofy as intended.

Contrite Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10419 29 days ago

Apparently, their 80's based pin was called "Walter Mondale". The younger podcasters didn't know who he was, and the older ones told Robert, "Dude..."

#10420 29 days ago

"We thank you for your continued trust and patience."

Who here falls under that bucket? I'm a 0.

#10421 29 days ago

The real question I have is how does somebody have 5 years of F off money unless you’re the mob?

0F8AB097-8C9C-474D-B9BA-ADAFBD96AE1D (resized).jpeg
#10422 29 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is the astonishing part.

Well, this is another excuse on their end, isn't it? To now place their incompetence on the estimation of outsiders rather than themselves.

This is textbook abusive behavior by this guy. You know what they say, "Fool me 6 or 7 times....".

#10423 29 days ago

If this is about the right ramp can’t they just put a “come along” halfway up like the new water parks that have turned waterslides into roller coasters ?

#10424 29 days ago

We need to lock in and coin the term "Missing the Right ramp".

It can be used for all types of situations. If a company really sh^ts the bed on a launch, we can say "They really missed the right ramp on that one".

#10425 29 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

^^ neilmcrae T2 meme from a few posts ago. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that much at a pinball thread.

#10427 29 days ago

Just think how well the "alpha" launch would have gone in March which was open to many more people!

#10428 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

man people just don't want to give up on this

"new pinball speculation" - it is the planetary core that feeds the pinside planet.

#10429 29 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bet everyone at Stern is getting a good laugh.

43B04E30-11EE-4BCE-8522-AE865EF82A78.gif
#10430 29 days ago

So, I haven't looked at anything but I just want to make sure I get the drift of what happened:

1). Deeproot says a few weeks ago: "hey wait look at us in a few weeks!"
2). they come on and say: "we shit the bed. again. you have to wait for another 6-12 months to see the reveal...and people quit or were fired"

Does that just about cover it?

If it does, let me save them some money: do not get everyone's attention to announce further delays and problems in the future, just issue a press release on your website.

#10432 29 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm all about championing the underdog, but at this point, .

I do not get the "underdog" narrative with this gang, at all.

They showed up out of nowhere, hired every pinball washup they could find off the street plus 500 other people, threw a ton of money around and threw around even more bullshit, talking very loud shit about the entire industry, and insulting countless people here.

That's not an underdog. It's an overdog. And with all their fancy pedigree and papers they haven't even learned how to fucking sit or stay yet. Probably not even housebroken yet.

#10433 29 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation

Well the emotions and thoughts are mixed. Some are stunned some are shocked some are amazed some are happy they predicted this delay some are frustrated some are angry some are thrilled most like me are curious what happened. It´s a stunner for all I guess.

The best word in German for this imo is "überfahren" direct translated as driven over the meaning is you did not see that coming it rolled you over and you were totally unprepared for that surprise.

#10434 29 days ago

How do you go from having a playable game 9 months ago in Houston.... to this?

#10435 29 days ago

Maybe the goal is to protect JPOP and ride out the statute of limitations of additional lawsuits?

#10436 29 days ago

I feel like the music from that TV show littlest hobo should be playing right now.

#10437 29 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:I feel like the music from the littlest hobo should be playing right now.

"maybe tomorrow . . . "

#10438 29 days ago

I wonder if JPOP is the last 'industry expert' still employed.

#10439 29 days ago
deeproot.jpg
#10440 29 days ago

One different decision and this whole thing may have had a radically different outcome: Don't hire JPop.

Sure Robert is a blowhard, etc. but that might have been forgiven if they hadn't started with so much baggage, including bad PR, half-baked game concepts, a bunch of commitments from a decade ago. They are still trying to get a single, completely mediocre looking JPop game finished just to clear liabilities. That guy is complete poison, he just happens to use the best people around to do his art.

#10441 29 days ago

There is a long track-record of companies that claimed they would be bigger and better than Stern. Heighway, Dutch, now Deeproot. All of these stepped up, talked trash, then promptly missed the right ramp.

#10442 29 days ago

mrhand02 (resized).jpg

roberttrustmeiknowwhatimdoing (resized).jpg

#10443 29 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn't Nordman leave also?

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TRUST ?

dennisnordman03 (resized).jpg
#10444 29 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do not get the "underdog" narrative with this gang, at all.
They showed up out of nowhere, hired every pinball washup they could find off the street plus 500 other people, threw a ton of money around and threw around even more bullshit, talking very loud shit about the entire industry, and insulting countless people here.
That's not an underdog. It's an overdog. And with all their fancy pedigree and papers they haven't even learned how to fucking sit or stay yet. Probably not even housebroken yet.

underdog, overdog.... Bro... What about good ol updog???

#10445 29 days ago

Their goal from the beginning was to continue what John Popadiuk started. I'd say this is a gleaming success!

#10446 29 days ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

That’s the most confusing part to me too!

I played RAZA at the expo and it wasn’t bad, sure it wasn’t ready to ship, but the game was playable and fun enough. I understand the difference between prototype and production but how do you have two prototypes ready to be flipped by an entire expo to nine months later not even a single game you’re willing to show someone playing on. If someone played one ball, being filmed on a cell phone at deeproot it would have been a million times better than just nothing.

#10447 29 days ago

You know... I think I'm actually really looking forward to cleaning my pins and hearing what Kaneda has to say on the situation tonight.

#10448 29 days ago

Deeproot gave a großer Schacht to the pinball community today, and they spent the afternoon brutally deeprooting her.

#10449 29 days ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

How do you plan your company launch... get an extra 7 months... wait till the night before and then bail at the 11th hour?

It means your story is @$%# and even your hand picked friends couldn't buy into it.

#10450 29 days ago
121679853-cartoon-stick-figure-drawing-conceptual-illustration-of-man-walking-and-stepping-and-slipping-on-the (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.50
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing
$ 12,500.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
There are 12877 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 258.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside