Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 672.
#10401 3 years ago

This thread is exactly what I needed today now that the Gameseum thread is locked. Thank you deeproot.

#10402 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn't Norman leave also? He left Heighway as a precursor to a shit show. Maybe his nose should be trusted.

Yeah I think he's gone too.

#10404 3 years ago

There has to be one of these 6 people or a previous employee that can give everyone the lowdown anonymously somehow.

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hindsight... but man... A STABLE full of industry vets... given an extra 7 months.. on top of the extra years... is shown the light and put in place by a group of social media no-ones?
How can anyone take these clowns seriously? You goto the last minute of the eleventh hour, and this 'feedback' is enough to stop EVERYTHING? Hell, they didn't even cancel on time.
How do you invest years and hundreds of thousands of dollars... to be enlightened by a handful of podcasters who haven't even been around the block?
I don't even know how anyone can show their face again in the light of this kind of colossal f up. The dirt needs to come out.

To be fair, it's millions and millions of dollars!

#10406 3 years ago

This whole thing has simply made my morning... the humor in here is off the charts...

#10407 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zidware Claims...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eclectic Gamers Interview
1/25/18:
From This Week in Pinball:
deeproot Pinball: New Home, New Hires, 5 Days of deeproot, EXCLUSIVE follow up interview:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-pinball-new-home-new-hires-5-days-deeproot-exclusive-follow-interview/
--------------------------------------- Original Interview--------------------------------------
UPDATE: **EXCLUSIVE interview with deeproot Pinball:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/
Please do not copy and paste the whole interview in the thread as website views are my only way to track interest, and I want to see if spending this much time on one post is "worth it". Thanks.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thisweekinpinball
Twitter: https://twitter.com/__twip__
Email: [email protected]
--------------------------------------- Initial Post--------------------------------------
On today's This Week in Pinball (http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-guardians-stream/), we tease the upcoming interview with deeproot which will be posted Thursday. Below is a preview of the interview:
deeproot Pinball has been quietly making progress on their path and plan to become a major pinball manufacturing company. They have been in licensing talks for several major pinball titles. They are currently looking to hire a Pinball Game Designer and a Game Writer (click here for the openings and descriptions including salary). They are hoping to have their manufacturing facility finalized in the next 2-3 weeks.
This Week in Pinball will be sharing an **EXCLUSIVE** interview with deeproot on Thursday. Some of the topics covered include:
Why they hired John Popadiuk
Updates on deeproot’s efforts to make Zidware customers/vendors whole
Information on their upcoming public announcement
Why deeproot Tech decided to pursue pinball as a new venture
What type of build quality to expect from deeproot (hint: using a car comparison, they want to build a Ferrari and sell it at KIA prices)
What is deeproot Pinball’s target market (hint: its you)
The possibility of mass producing Magic Girl, Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, and Alice in Wonderland
deeproot is extremely confident that they will be a very successful pinball manufacturer. The interview will make some in the pinball community angry, some won’t believe anything deeproot says, and some will be skeptical but quietly hopeful/excited. Stay tuned!
[quoted image]

So maybe you guys need to chime in here? You were there. You saw what went wrong. What TF happened?

pin2d ???

#10408 3 years ago

All this for a Popadiuk game.

#10409 3 years ago

Is this really a website?

Where is the pages for:
Technical data?
Warranty info??
Distribution and sales?
Lifestyle and swag??
What happened to the site that had some employee info and picture place holders that were never filled??

#10410 3 years ago
full_jpop (resized).jpgfull_jpop (resized).jpg
#10411 3 years ago

I bet everyone at Stern is getting a good laugh.

#10412 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Well if that was day 1 of deeproot, I can’t wait to see what day 2 brings us!!

Day 1 = today (9/21), beta flop.
Day 2 = Chapter 11.
Day 3 = Chapter 13.
Day 4 = Chapter 7.

#10413 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

man people just don't want to give up on this

Well, I have to throw in the towel. I have been postive for deeproot for quite some time, but this... this is just... There isn't a word for it. Maybe the Germans can help me out here: is there a Schadenfreude-type-word for this situation?

I have now lost all faith.

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Lmfao

#10415 3 years ago

I was half following this just because I like pinball, but I'm doing myself a favor and draining this thread, and consciously avoiding all updates that have anything with the word "deeproot" in it.

I'm all about championing the underdog, but at this point, I have a feeling they're getting a laugh at how long they can keep people talking about them whilst offering nothing.

I don't care if they make a game that makes Medieval Madness look a pile of poop, I'm out!

See you never.

#10416 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I have to throw in the towel. I have been postive for deeproot for quite some time, but this... this is just... There isn't a word for it. Maybe the Germans can help me out here: is there a Schadenfreude-type-word for this situation?
I have now lost all faith.

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation...

#10417 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

What happened to the site that had some employee info and picture place holders that were never filled??

You're thinking of deeproot studios, their Utah company, which has been let go

https://deeprootstudios.com/team/

#10418 3 years ago

Erased, sorry about that. Didn't sound as goofy as intended.

Contrite Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10419 3 years ago

Apparently, their 80's based pin was called "Walter Mondale". The younger podcasters didn't know who he was, and the older ones told Robert, "Dude..."

#10420 3 years ago

"We thank you for your continued trust and patience."

Who here falls under that bucket? I'm a 0.

#10421 3 years ago

The real question I have is how does somebody have 5 years of F off money unless you’re the mob?

0F8AB097-8C9C-474D-B9BA-ADAFBD96AE1D (resized).jpeg0F8AB097-8C9C-474D-B9BA-ADAFBD96AE1D (resized).jpeg
#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That is the astonishing part.

Well, this is another excuse on their end, isn't it? To now place their incompetence on the estimation of outsiders rather than themselves.

This is textbook abusive behavior by this guy. You know what they say, "Fool me 6 or 7 times....".

#10423 3 years ago

If this is about the right ramp can’t they just put a “come along” halfway up like the new water parks that have turned waterslides into roller coasters ?

#10424 3 years ago

We need to lock in and coin the term "Missing the Right ramp".

It can be used for all types of situations. If a company really sh^ts the bed on a launch, we can say "They really missed the right ramp on that one".

#10425 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

^^ NeilMcRae T2 meme from a few posts ago. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that much at a pinball thread.

#10427 3 years ago

Just think how well the "alpha" launch would have gone in March which was open to many more people!

#10428 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

man people just don't want to give up on this

"new pinball speculation" - it is the planetary core that feeds the pinside planet.

#10429 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bet everyone at Stern is getting a good laugh.

43B04E30-11EE-4BCE-8522-AE865EF82A78.gif43B04E30-11EE-4BCE-8522-AE865EF82A78.gif
#10430 3 years ago

So, I haven't looked at anything but I just want to make sure I get the drift of what happened:

1). Deeproot says a few weeks ago: "hey wait look at us in a few weeks!"
2). they come on and say: "we shit the bed. again. you have to wait for another 6-12 months to see the reveal...and people quit or were fired"

Does that just about cover it?

If it does, let me save them some money: do not get everyone's attention to announce further delays and problems in the future, just issue a press release on your website.

#10431 3 years ago

POS

#10432 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm all about championing the underdog, but at this point, .

I do not get the "underdog" narrative with this gang, at all.

They showed up out of nowhere, hired every pinball washup they could find off the street plus 500 other people, threw a ton of money around and threw around even more bullshit, talking very loud shit about the entire industry, and insulting countless people here.

That's not an underdog. It's an overdog. And with all their fancy pedigree and papers they haven't even learned how to fucking sit or stay yet. Probably not even housebroken yet.

#10433 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I'm sure the German Language has a long complex compound word that can handle this situation

Well the emotions and thoughts are mixed. Some are stunned some are shocked some are amazed some are happy they predicted this delay some are frustrated some are angry some are thrilled most like me are curious what happened. It´s a stunner for all I guess.

The best word in German for this imo is "überfahren" direct translated as driven over the meaning is you did not see that coming it rolled you over and you were totally unprepared for that surprise.

#10434 3 years ago

How do you go from having a playable game 9 months ago in Houston.... to this?

#10435 3 years ago

Maybe the goal is to protect JPOP and ride out the statute of limitations of additional lawsuits?

#10436 3 years ago

I feel like the music from that TV show littlest hobo should be playing right now.

#10437 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:I feel like the music from the littlest hobo should be playing right now.

"maybe tomorrow . . . "

#10438 3 years ago

I wonder if JPOP is the last 'industry expert' still employed.

#10439 3 years ago
deeproot.jpgdeeproot.jpg
#10440 3 years ago

One different decision and this whole thing may have had a radically different outcome: Don't hire JPop.

Sure Robert is a blowhard, etc. but that might have been forgiven if they hadn't started with so much baggage, including bad PR, half-baked game concepts, a bunch of commitments from a decade ago. They are still trying to get a single, completely mediocre looking JPop game finished just to clear liabilities. That guy is complete poison, he just happens to use the best people around to do his art.

#10441 3 years ago

There is a long track-record of companies that claimed they would be bigger and better than Stern. Heighway, Dutch, now Deeproot. All of these stepped up, talked trash, then promptly missed the right ramp.

#10442 3 years ago

mrhand02 (resized).jpgmrhand02 (resized).jpg

roberttrustmeiknowwhatimdoing (resized).jpgroberttrustmeiknowwhatimdoing (resized).jpg

#10443 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn't Nordman leave also?

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO TRUST ?

dennisnordman03 (resized).jpgdennisnordman03 (resized).jpg
#10444 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I do not get the "underdog" narrative with this gang, at all.
They showed up out of nowhere, hired every pinball washup they could find off the street plus 500 other people, threw a ton of money around and threw around even more bullshit, talking very loud shit about the entire industry, and insulting countless people here.
That's not an underdog. It's an overdog. And with all their fancy pedigree and papers they haven't even learned how to fucking sit or stay yet. Probably not even housebroken yet.

underdog, overdog.... Bro... What about good ol updog???

#10445 3 years ago

Their goal from the beginning was to continue what John Popadiuk started. I'd say this is a gleaming success!

#10446 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

That’s the most confusing part to me too!

I played RAZA at the expo and it wasn’t bad, sure it wasn’t ready to ship, but the game was playable and fun enough. I understand the difference between prototype and production but how do you have two prototypes ready to be flipped by an entire expo to nine months later not even a single game you’re willing to show someone playing on. If someone played one ball, being filmed on a cell phone at deeproot it would have been a million times better than just nothing.

#10447 3 years ago

You know... I think I'm actually really looking forward to cleaning my pins and hearing what Kaneda has to say on the situation tonight.

#10448 3 years ago

Deeproot gave a großer Schacht to the pinball community today, and they spent the afternoon brutally deeprooting her.

#10449 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

How do you plan your company launch... get an extra 7 months... wait till the night before and then bail at the 11th hour?

It means your story is @$%# and even your hand picked friends couldn't buy into it.

#10450 3 years ago
121679853-cartoon-stick-figure-drawing-conceptual-illustration-of-man-walking-and-stepping-and-slipping-on-the (resized).jpg121679853-cartoon-stick-figure-drawing-conceptual-illustration-of-man-walking-and-stepping-and-slipping-on-the (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/209?hl=jedimcmuffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.