Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 672.
#10351 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

If that's true, it doesn't say much for the all star team they assembled over there. It takes Cary Hardy to come in and tell them what they've been doing wrong for the past 3 or 4 years? Wow.

Well most of the all stars are gone. There's David Thiel, who I'm sure put an excellent sound package on the game, and Steve Bowden. Steve is a great player, but it is his first rodeo as a rules designer. Who knows, maybe Steve (or one of the many other team members) made the game too difficult or obtuse.

It's just insane that everything was fine before the media came, and now it's unacceptable to display.

#10352 3 years ago

Truer the deeproot delay all Stern Avengers pinball machines are now sold out.

#10354 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Robert is a millennial caught in a grown man’s body.

You realize, of course, that millennials are 24-39 years old now...right grandpa?

#10355 3 years ago

How does this effect the people who signed the goodwill agreement? Weren't they owed something this month?

#10356 3 years ago

Ugh

That just makes me want to know even more about what exact feedback was given that made them change all their plans. It is presumably significant, and at the very least another symptom of fundamental disfunction.

#10357 3 years ago

B.d. - Bigger delay

#10358 3 years ago

Deeproot is the only company that can make JJP look efficient, competent, and reliable.

#10359 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am calling it now...Deeproot folds by October.

The point of "calling it" is to do so before the the appearance of fact. I recommend you reread this entire thread.

#10360 3 years ago

As mentioned in the above announcement from deeproot, myself and other guests gave feedback during and after the event, and I definitely agree that postponing launch was the right decision.

#10361 3 years ago

Astonishing.

Even if you have to delay for some reason or other, show something today.

After all the jibes over the years, the teaser counts down to a big fat SFA

#10363 3 years ago

"in refining our platform to be the best it can be."

If you keep making it perfect, it will end up broken.

#10364 3 years ago

Deeproot: Hey we are ready to show you our surprise pinball innovations.

The Media:

E53A96B2-F99C-4E11-9058-1C7090DE53D3.gifE53A96B2-F99C-4E11-9058-1C7090DE53D3.gif
#10365 3 years ago
43210702 (resized).jpg43210702 (resized).jpg
#10366 3 years ago

The best thing deeproot can do now is be 100% transparent, and discuss the concerns/issues brought up by the guests.

Stopping people from talking with NDAs is not a good look or good will towards the community they need to succeed.

#10367 3 years ago

So... is the right ramp makeable or not?

#10368 3 years ago

There's a limit to Patience, Jeez!

My fear is that Robert Muller, is now bored of pinball, and has moved on, classic cars, maybe yachts.

" Building pinball machines is HARD " Nate Shivers
That's a real dissapointment.

SPOOKY rules the school!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10369 3 years ago
E1579B63-ED57-4476-B0B4-7095BEB74675 (resized).jpegE1579B63-ED57-4476-B0B4-7095BEB74675 (resized).jpeg
#10370 3 years ago

This is absolutely embarrassing. DR is not even a beta level company so they shouldn’t try and host beta events.

#10371 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10372 3 years ago

You would think that with all the experienced industry people employed it wouldn't take some outsiders to come in and tell them when they're ready to launch.

#10373 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

You would think that with all the experienced industry people employed it wouldn't take some outsiders to come in and tell them when they're ready to launch.

That is the astonishing part.

#10374 3 years ago

Pack it up, this ship has sailed.

#10375 3 years ago

At this point Homepin's Chinese Zombies has a better shot at stealing sales from Stern. Like two sales, but still.

#10376 3 years ago

What's in the box??

Mice ? They stick like Velcro who knew.

#10377 3 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

I like this line:
We “hope” to update you during this process...
What the hell does that mean? Why wouldn’t you keep people updated, it’s your own damn company. Either you will or you won’t. So strange.

I can't get past this either.

Sounds kind of like a defeatist thing to say.

#10378 3 years ago

DR should have just made a reskin of Adams Family and we would all have been happy...........3 years ago.

#10379 3 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

What's in the box??
Mice ? They stick like Velcro who knew.

Roaches.

#10380 3 years ago

4frjyk (resized).jpg4frjyk (resized).jpg

#10381 3 years ago

If the employees all start selling thier houses, we know Mueller is closing shop.

If so, we can all stop hoping.

Serious Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10382 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

How does this effect the people who signed the goodwill agreement? Weren't they owed something this month?

You notice how this part wasn’t addressed right?

They just solidified the breach of contract claim if it’s even worth the f ing effort

Why wait almost a FULL YEAR to bring in some media beta testers!!!

Just more excuses and incompetence.

I live right here and buy a shit load of games.

I could have told them what they needed to know months ago

Just f ing amazing

#10383 3 years ago

Anyone think that more than 0 RAZA's will be shipped in 2020?

#10384 3 years ago

It’s only 1 employee but sheds some light

482B84F8-52EE-4FA1-A0CA-4AF1800225E1 (resized).png482B84F8-52EE-4FA1-A0CA-4AF1800225E1 (resized).pngD2A00ED0-4DE6-46A4-9DE3-E0ED416F950E (resized).pngD2A00ED0-4DE6-46A4-9DE3-E0ED416F950E (resized).png
#10385 3 years ago

They didn't know that they had to postpone the launch until only minutes before?

For a company with so much brass and intelligence as they claim to possess, they surely don't know much on how to avoid bad PR.

#10386 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm serious on this, is it Austin tx? Some pinsider in tx, find out where Bowden, popadiuk, and the others live, drive by the house's and see if there are for sale signs in the yards.

It is in San Antonio. Please do not encourage any harassment of Bowden. The dude is a treasure, and I can guarantee is more let down by deep root than probably anyone else.

#10387 3 years ago

Keefer made me laugh

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 19.16.31 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-09-21 at 19.16.31 (resized).png

#10388 3 years ago

2 more weeks. We forgot the flipper buttons!

#10389 3 years ago

CHECK WEBSITE!

#10390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Come on Pinside. Cary Hardy, TWIP and others flew to Texas for the reveal. Its already happened, reports are being put together as we speak and will come soon.
Did you already forget seeing this picture? Seriously, relax people.[quoted image]

Hindsight... but man... A STABLE full of industry vets... given an extra 7 months.. on top of the extra years... is shown the light and put in place by a group of social media no-ones?

How can anyone take these clowns seriously? You goto the last minute of the eleventh hour, and this 'feedback' is enough to stop EVERYTHING? Hell, they didn't even cancel on time.

How do you invest years and hundreds of thousands of dollars... to be enlightened by a handful of podcasters who haven't even been around the block?

I don't even know how anyone can show their face again in the light of this kind of colossal f up. The dirt needs to come out.

#10391 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm serious on this, is it Austin tx? Some pinsider in tx, find out where Bowden, popadiuk, and the others live, drive by the house's and see if there are for sale signs in the yards.

No. Let's not take this to that level. Stalking is not acceptable no matter how much deeproot pile drove this shit show.

#10392 3 years ago

Wich one, or are you just late to the party?

#10393 3 years ago

Well if that was day 1 of deeproot, I can’t wait to see what day 2 brings us!!

#10394 3 years ago

Hmm deep root = derailed realizations... what a joke. And to all those championing this disaster. Robert just spanked on your faces, as Nelson would say Ha Ha...

#10395 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I wonder how many of these "Dream teamers" are actually still employed and pulling a paycheck. You got that disgruntled Utah animation studio who posted here about the unceremonial end of their paychecks. Bowden posted "I MAY be taking a break recently." I'm sure Barry is off filming COVID Hoax youtube videos somewhere...is Deep Root a functioning company any more? I'm sure if all those dream teamers were around it wouldn't take a group of "pinball celebs" entering the building for them to figure out there were serious problems with the game design.

#10396 3 years ago

Do we have an updated launch date?

#10397 3 years ago

One (or all) of those streaming dudes finally convinced them to change the right ramp?

I feel sorry for those who are actually want this game. I lost all interest in anything Popadiuk after SW:ep1 and have been amazed he's still around after so many flameouts. At some point you gotta pack it up and just sell insurance.

#10398 3 years ago

We have seen this show before.

EF2FF972-68CB-4138-AECE-D409A3190980 (resized).jpegEF2FF972-68CB-4138-AECE-D409A3190980 (resized).jpeg
#10399 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder how many of these "Dream teamers" are actually still employed and pulling a paycheck. You got that disgruntled Utah animation studio who posted here about the unceremonial end of their paychecks. Bowden posted "I MAY be taking a break recently." I'm sure Barry is off filming COVID Hoax youtube videos somewhere...is Deep Root a functioning company any more? I'm sure if all those dream teamers were around it wouldn't take a group of "pinball celebs" entering the building for them to figure out there were serious problems with the game design.

Didn't Nordman leave also? He left Heighway as a precursor to a shit show. Maybe his nose should be trusted.

#10400 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we have an updated launch date?

man people just don't want to give up on this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/208?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.