New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 203700)

deeproot Pinball thread

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,954 posts
  • 845 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by spinal
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,171 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1101f1 (resized).jpg
681B9653-14B6-402A-8A8D-B8E313A76F91 (resized).png
wrong (resized).jpg
20201022_224804 (resized).jpg
A864C0E7-DB54-4EE6-9B63-B31D4EB6EA5A (resized).jpeg
Sean Connery Jeopardy (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
3B8D200A-1174-493A-943D-96F0EBC45037 (resized).png
20201021_072532 (resized).jpg
not-easy-button-150x150 (resized).png
ScientificDeepBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif
petrockbar (resized).jpg
don't use drugs (resized).JPG
9D63D1AC-10D1-4DA4-AC66-3E16FC881D74 (resized).jpeg
febo-dutch-automat (resized).jpg
the-automat-birth-of-a-fast-food-nations-featured-photo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12954 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 260.
#10251 34 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be Deeproots reveal on Monday
[quoted image]

Man I called it

F69A655E-3A45-497E-80B7-1ECD2614D6F8 (resized).jpeg
#10252 34 days ago

I think this thread is more of a vent, then a realistic debate on the release of the deep root presentation.

#10253 34 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Come on Pinside. Cary Hardy, TWIP and others flew to Texas for the reveal. Its already happened, reports are being put together as we speak and will come soon.
Did you already forget seeing this picture? Seriously, relax people.[quoted image]

Looks like they are sitting in a theater type setting. I am sure they were shown a video of RAZA and maybe a few other titles that are in the works.

Probably even got to see the same RAZA that was shown in Houston a year ago. Maybe it's more finished.

But they didn't see any games being built, no assembly line, no games in boxes ready to ship, etc.

Smoke and mirrors.

"Send in your deposits now!! Shipping soon(ish)...maybe"

#10254 34 days ago

Remember???? Patience is a virtue.
Relax.

Message from the Chill Freak Kingdom.

#10255 34 days ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

“there is no such thing as BAD publicity” Just look at how much this is being discussed.

IMO that's now a fallacy.

In this day and age, bad publicity can grow so rapidly and spread across so many fronts it can doom a business before it even begins.

#10256 34 days ago

Am I the only one that thinks pinball needs a reality show ?

#10257 34 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good thing about waiting a couple years is you're guaranteed the last laugh.

or a rick and morty in the 700's.

#10258 34 days ago

On a different note - ‘Holy Shit Ballz’ would Be an excellent name for a rock band!

#10259 34 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is a reality show. People tune in every day......

#10260 34 days ago

September 21, 2020.

deeproot Pinball has spent years redesigning the pinball machine from the ground up with countless novel approaches. On this past Saturday, we had hoped to host a launch event with six well known pinball personalities. Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.

The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.

So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!

We hope to update you during this process. We remain deeply committed to delivering the highest quality of gameplay and innovation to our players. We thank you for your continued trust and patience.

-- The Team at deeproot Pinball

#10261 34 days ago

So wait, what happened? There was a fake stream,I know - but was the whole thing a scam, or is the countdown still counting? wth is going on

#10262 34 days ago

Updated Deeprootpinball.com says its been delayed.

#10263 34 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You must have missed the "Pinballers" sizzle reel.

#10264 34 days ago

I posted the message from them above. Welcome to 2020, deeproot style!

#10265 34 days ago

lol. Today has been hilarious.

#10266 34 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What exactly have they Not done or done wrong today? They said Today is the announcement. Not of what just today and TWIP said that is coming today. So what was the big miss other then some clown fake countdown video?

The miss!? Uh, the last few years, up to and including today.

https://deeprootpinball.com/

I guess the only good thing about cancelling the update today is that IF the reveal was going to be a complete disaster they made the right call postponing - again.

#10267 34 days ago

#10268 34 days ago

Presenting the message in their original format:

#10269 34 days ago

looks like deeproot is taking a deepthroat on this one. Wow.

This is absolutely embarrassing to not hit your own revised time. This is like a 9th grader trying to put together their home work assignment and then coming short again, after they've been late for how long? And it doesn't appear to be a temp delay - it's like we really aren't ready, let's imagine this didn't happen and we'll see you in a month......

#10270 34 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

September 21, 2020.
deeproot Pinball has spent years redesigning the pinball machine from the ground up with countless novel approaches. On this past Saturday, we had hoped to host a launch event with six well known pinball personalities. Due to technical issues and lots of feedback from our Guests, it ended up being more of a beta event. We are grateful and thankful to Lauren, Cary, Colin, Jeff, Chris, and Krystle for their invaluable feedback and involvement in refining our platform to be the best it can be.
The result is the realization that we are not as ready for launch as we had hoped. We are already working hard to fix the technical issues and implement our guests’ feedback.
So the only right decision today is to postpone the public release of our platform and our first game RAZA. We hope that you agree that releasing a well-engineered and fun-to-play RAZA is in everyone’s best interest!
We hope to update you during this process. We remain deeply committed to delivering the highest quality of gameplay and innovation to our players. We thank you for your continued trust and patience.

You cut the end off Dave.

September 21, 2020.

P.S. Pinball is Hard.... Robert.

#10271 34 days ago

When your company is getting lapped by JJP, American Pinball and Multimorphic, you're in last place.

#10272 34 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

September 21, 2020.

I've seen messages like this on the internet before. Typically it's after the owners have been arrested, assets ceased and the website has been torn down.

#10273 34 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

hahahahah absolutely unreal

#10274 34 days ago

With what we have seen in sales over the last decade it seems suicidal to do eight non-licensed games and only one licensed.

#10275 34 days ago

You are shitting me?

#10276 34 days ago
58D755F2-A702-460D-8CED-075534FE7BC5_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
#10277 34 days ago

I’m 45, I’m excited that my great, great grand children will be able to enjoy this pin........

#10278 34 days ago

Wait, so they had "hoped" to host a launch event which means the event never happened?! What's a beta event?

#10279 34 days ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

With what we have seen in sales over the last decade it seems suicidal to do eight non-licensed games and only one licensed.

That's ok, because they did none... so a different kind of suicide.

#10280 34 days ago

fart.gif

#10282 34 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's a beta event?

Obviously you don't speak BS.

Translation: "We don't know what the hell we're doing and never have."

#10283 34 days ago

So they thought it was finished, but then these guests pointed out some technical things that need to be adjusted???

Great sign!! LOL

#10284 34 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

this is real??? Not a joke?

#10285 34 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

Wait, so they had "hoped" to host a launch event which means the event never happened?! What's a beta event?

A beta event is when you plug in the machine at the launch event for the first time, and realize you forgot to make it playable. The people there say "Hey, this thing sucks" and the company says... ermmmmm.... this wasn't really a launch event. But then you forget to change the website until days later to let people know.

#10286 34 days ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

wow.....just, wow.

#10287 34 days ago

lol, I actually feel bad for the people who went to the media event, did a bunch of work to be ready, and now they just have to keep sitting on their hands.

and based on their statement, I'd loooove to know what the hell happened and what sorta feedback they were given

#10288 34 days ago
315DD9EA-F625-4111-92F8-8F3211C80FAC (resized).jpeg
#10289 34 days ago

I've always wanted to use this image.

bullshit-meter-2 (resized).jpg

#10290 34 days ago

So either this is a magnificent troll on their side or they really are the rightfull laughing stock now.

#10291 34 days ago
pasted_imagedeeproot (resized).png
#10292 34 days ago

Not surprised in the least.

#10293 34 days ago

Robert, you literally put up a date for reveal on your web site and then proceeded to talk shit on your competitors all week while showing absolutely nothing...and now you backpedal and say you were only "hoping" to launch on Monday. In case nobody has told you yet today, you look like a horses ass. My guess is the 6 people in attendance gave Robert a hard dose of reality. I would not be at all surprised if the launch never happens at all after this.

#10294 34 days ago

I feel sorry for everyone reading this. Myself included.

#10295 34 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

lol, I actually feel bad for the people who went to the media event, did a bunch of work to be ready, and now they just have to keep sitting on their hands.
and based on their statement, I'd loooove to know what the hell happened and what sorta feedback they were given

It's the middle of a pandemic and Deep Root is flying people around the country for this bullshit?

I certainly wouldn't have gotten on a plane for something like this but then I don't have a podcast or youtube channel.

#10296 34 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

Beta event is bullshit for, we got nothin people, we never had anything to begin with, we just need a little more time honest.

#10297 34 days ago

I can’t imagine how amatory it is.
This is really bad for their image.

#10298 34 days ago

Well, since TWIP pulled their announcement of their reveal coverage the same second, I'd guess deeproot was srsly not happy with the performance and want's to try again. -_-;

#10299 34 days ago

They really blew Stern out of the water. When Stern does a reveal, they waste time revealing a machine. What a bunch of morons those Stern guys are.

#10300 34 days ago
F53FC759-2198-48A1-88EF-EAF9CA328001 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 229.99
$ 254.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 18.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 12954 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 260.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside