Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 672.
#10051 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

And Spooky communicated what their plans were. They clearly told us about ten games a week, so we knew what the timeline was.
Big difference.

And everyone knows Spooky's manufacturing process and it's capacity.

#10052 3 years ago

If your a new company, why the fuck would you reveal if you don't have any in a box ready to sell. If they haven't manufactured anything for the last two years...Huge fail..... I guess we'll see

#10053 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Spooky is what they are. They never said they wanted to compete with Stern or shake up the industry.

Yes thats true and the quality is good.

#10054 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Here is some info I saw on FB today about today’s Deeproot launch.[quoted image]

Now we see why they didn't do this reveal real time. Editing out the "professional video" and no Q&A works better.

On the plus side.

-Wrap around backbox art is at least different and could be cool. Speakers on the sides of the box?
-The artwork on RAZA will look 100x better than it did at Houston.
-Extra wide LCD screen
-Looks like they got the 3 tiered pricing model correct to max out whatever sales they will drive
-ONE "licensed theme" that could be a big one

On the negative side.

-It's just RAZA to show, no other final prototypes
- 7 "non licensed themes", wouldn't think that works out well
-They ordered the wrong ramps for RAZA, frosted ones. Wtf
-Thus, they can't announce and have pins ready for sale. Wtf
-They apparently have no real manufacturing line? Isn't that a BIG Wtf?

What does this mean? Like Spooky, I predict they will have to ask for DEPOSITS on games in order to get anything built.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's actually behind the curtain!

#10055 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

"The revolution will not be televised..."

So I won't get to see the hammer test live?

#10056 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

A company has to start from somewhere doesn't it ?
Jjp started with woz and no one knew about them .
Apparently they've got a big 80's licence , lots of reputable people and have spent a lot of money , why do all of that if you're not going to make anything .

I understand what your saying but there is a lot of history and baggage associated with Deeproot that didn’t exist with other new pinball companies. I do think there is a difference.

#10057 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm a bit confused...
"Eight titles were shown to the media" but they have no manufacturing yet. So were there eight different playable prototypes, or was there RAZA (still in an unfinished form) and a bunch of pictures of other titles "coming soon"?
And why would you be building prototypes 7 and 8 when you still can't manufacture game 1?

This sounds like a repeat of Zidware. JPOP kept on showing different boxes of lights (game ideas with good artwork). So today I am expecting to see a RAZA proto that is not 100% done and around 7 'boxes of lights'.

#10058 3 years ago

Does DR have distributors already?

#10059 3 years ago

Deeproot was only days from announcing in March. Then they cancelled due to COVID. Was it really COVID, or was COVID just a convenient excuse? Robert said his supply chain was disrupted, so that pushed back the reveal again when things got rolling earlier this summer. Well, if you are not even set up to manufacture yet at the end of September....well that earlier statement was a load of bullshit too.

So what really went on the last couple months? For a company that is still clinging to the "pinball is easy" saying as of a couple weeks ago....this seems awfully hard.

What happens to the folks who are owed machines? Are they going to modify the terms and give them THREE machines now? What a mess.

#10060 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

And Spooky communicated what their plans were. They clearly told us about ten games a week, so we knew what the timeline was.
Big difference.

Maybe Deeproot will as well and Spooky did just not have a Kaneda pooping stuff out in the wild before they approached the public.

#10061 3 years ago

If you’re rationalizing this situation without planning on immediately purchasing a DR machine then you should shut the hell up.

Put your money where your mouth is.

#10062 3 years ago

"Accepting deposits now! Shipping soon!"

#10063 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

If you’re rationalizing this situation without planning on immediately purchasing a DR machine then you should shut the hell up.
Put your money where your mouth is.

At the moment, you can‘t.

As soon as you can, there will be no more speculation.

#10064 3 years ago

Blast from the past!

Hope today is fun and exciting for all.

20141016_160900.jpg20141016_160900.jpg
#10065 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does DR have distributors already?

They have a small link on the website for distributors to email them.

#10066 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

there is a lot of history and baggage associated with Deeproot that didn’t exist with other new pinball companies.

Besides taking on Jpop and trying to give his customers something ( otherwise they would have got nothing ) I don't see what deep root has done wrong , besides talking tuff .
I realise as a pinsider I should be hanging shit on them and trying to discourage them at every point but for some reason I would like to be positive and see what new games they have for us .

#10067 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

They have a small link on the website for distributors to email them.

Thanks, I think that is to become a seller. I was just wondering if anyone is a dealer for purchase yet.

#10068 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Besides taking on Jpop and trying to give his customers something ( otherwise they would have got nothing ) I don't see what deep root has done wrong , besides talking tuff .
I realise as a pinsider I should be hanging shit on them and trying to discourage them at every point but for some reason I would like to be positive and see what new games they have for us .

I agree with what your saying but I think there is a difference between being suspect and not being positive. I’m super positive about the launch and hope it all works out and the pins are amazing, but at the same time I’m a bit suspect.

#10069 3 years ago

Im a little confused. Where will the announcement be made? Neither their website or Facebook page make any mention of this. SMH

#10070 3 years ago

Seems like they would be the most hurt by shows still mostly being cancelled. I don't know why anyone would give them money for something they can't immediately put in the back of their truck.

#10071 3 years ago

I'm here for the announcement/reveal. Like others, I also hope we are pleasantly surprised. That said, I'm somewhat skeptical. If they are not ready to ship and ask for deposits - that's not going to go over too well I assume. Let's hope those deep pockets can last long enough to get some games out the door.

#10072 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Im a little confused. Where will the announcement be made? Neither their website or Facebook page make any mention of this. SMH

Refer to post 9971 video countdown.

#10073 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree with what your saying but I think there is a difference between being suspect and not being positive. I’m super positive about the launch and hope it all works out and the pins are amazing, but at the same time I’m a bit suspect.

Of course you're allowed to be hopeful but a little bit suspect but a lot of people here are trying to shoot the whole company down before they've even seen anything .
I find weird how everyone here loves pinball but it seems like alot of people are hoping this company fails .

#10074 3 years ago

what time is this reveal? been hitting F5 all day on this thread!

#10075 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The manufacturing piece IS the main piece. We've seen so many huge game debuts over the years only to have it all fall apart after. If manufacturing is not part of the reveal today, we're probably still a year+ away.

Maybe they can contract with Stern to build them? That would put a perfect bow on this poopshow.

#10076 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

what time is this reveal? been hitting F5 all day on this thread!

11am CST.

#10077 3 years ago

Is that official? I thought that countdown was just some guy, and not officially associated with DR.

#10078 3 years ago

But where? With there be a stream? Where can we tune in? Or do we have to just wait on this thread for all the negativity and bitterness to flow forth.

#10080 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

But where? With there be a stream? Where can we tune in? Or do we have to just wait on this thread for all the negativity and bitterness to flow forth.

I’d wager the Deeproot Pinball website.

#10081 3 years ago

I wont be able to watch this live reveal at noon so where does one go to get caught up with unbiased opinions and commentary? Certainly not here! Can you watch these things over?

#10082 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I wont be able to watch this live reveal at noon so where does one go to get caught up with unbiased opinions and commentary? Certainly not here! Can you watch these things over?

No one even knows where to see this supposed live event. I doubt its really live. Probably an edited video. The guy on twitch / youtube is just a chump trying to get subs.

#10083 3 years ago

Sad no one even knows where to watch this event. If that’s the kind of company this is, i wager they don’t make it.

#10084 3 years ago

You would think a link on their website would be a good start.

#10085 3 years ago

I'm ready to be disappointed.

#10086 3 years ago

I don't think there is an event. It'll be deeproot uploading a couple videos and photos to their facebook/youtube/etc. Then the media people who visited their campus can start uploading the content they produced while they were embargoed.

#10087 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sad no one even knows where to watch this event. If that’s the kind of company this is, i wager they don’t make it.

Umm...deeproot’s own website where the 9.21.20.B.d. appears.

#10088 3 years ago

TWIP mentioned an update later today.

"TWIP will have a comprehensive overview and deep dive regarding deeproot Pinball’s launch later today.

We also plan to include an interview with Robert Mueller. Keep any eye out for the post later today!"

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/deeproot-launching-jjp-6-coming-in-october-keith-elwin-interview-and-smoking-topper-twip-9-21-20/

#10089 3 years ago

DOW's down 900+ points right now, RM got more important things to watch today than his pinball hobby, turn on CNBC. This just might turn into a depression........shit.

Message from the real world.

Bummer.

#10090 3 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

My sense is that anything we get will be through someone's filter. Probably the most neutral filter will be from, This Week in Pinball, which I look forward to reading. I also will be tuning in to Kaneda and Cary Hardy for their thoughts.

And of course I will read Pinside so I can shake my head, roll my eyes, laugh, cry, and get frustrated by redundant questions, comments, misinformation and going off topic.

I look forward to it all

#10091 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

DOW's down 900+ points right now, RM got more important things to watch today than his pinball hobby, turn on CNBC.
Message from the real world.
Bummer.

The whole financial market world is DEEPLY disappointed by deeproot.

#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My sense is that anything we get will be through someone's filter. Probably the most neutral filter will be from, This Week in Pinball, which I look forward to reading. I also will be tuning in to Kaneda and Cary Hardy for their thoughts.
And of course I will read Pinside so I can roll my eyes, laugh, cry, shake my head, get frustrated with redundant questions, comments, misinformation and going off topic.
I look forward to it all

My favorite part is how Avengers IQ is now old news, deeproot will be the topic du jour for a couple days, and then it's Guns 'n Roses turn, and then everyone is bored again (and/or Stern announces something)

#10093 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite part is how Avengers IQ is now old news, deeproot will be the topic du jour for a couple days, and then it's Guns 'n Roses turn, and then everyone is bored again.

That’s life when it comes to pinball. Always a what’s next whether you’re buying selling or trolling.

#10094 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My favorite part is how Avengers IQ is now old news, deeproot will be the topic du jour for a couple days, and then it's Guns 'n Roses turn, and then everyone is bored again (and/or Stern announces something)

You use ‘everyone’ quite loosely don’t you think? A few people typing on the internet is not everyone.

#10095 3 years ago

The distributor link changed on the website at some point. It now says "Distributors - Click here to offer RAZA." So sounds like only 1 game is close enough to go out.

#10096 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Umm...deeproot’s own website where the 9.21.20.B.d. appears.

Good to hear that is says that on their site.... No, it says nothing. Awesome marketeering.

#10097 3 years ago

Since 9.21.20.B.d first appeared, I was wondering if the announcement might not be until 09/22/2020 if "09/21/2020 is before deeproot". Guess we will find out soon enough...

#10098 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

A company has to start from somewhere doesn't it ?
Jjp started with woz and no one knew about them .
Apparently they've got a big 80's licence , lots of reputable people and have spent a lot of money , why do all of that if you're not going to make anything .

American built a game in less than a year and have released two more loaded games since so it can be done, probably helps if you already have people who know how to do manufacturing (of anything complex but pinball specifically even better) on staff from the beginning.

#10099 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Good to hear that is says that on their site.... No, it says nothing. Awesome marketeering.

Common sense has also clearly left us in 2020.

#10100 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

American built a game in less than a year and have released two more loaded games since so it can be done, probably helps if you already have people who know how to do manufacturing (of anything complex but pinball specifically even better) on staff from the beginning.

Honest question, how many pins do you think AP has sold total? I can tell you I think sales dropped off a cliff from Houdini to Oktoberfest and I haven't seen many Hot Wheels in collections. American might not be a good example as they didn't appropriately gauge what people wanted. They didn't even build a white wood of Houdini.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/202?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.