Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 672.
#10001 3 years ago

Where’s @ds_nadine’s countdown? C’mon, one final time!

#10002 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

#10,000 for the Win.

sorry, that doesn't count - you did 2 in a row !

#10003 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Where’s ds_nadine’s countdown? C’mon, one final time!

I could‘ve sworn I allready posted...

...“LIFTOFF!!!“

#10004 3 years ago

if you are disappointed today, you can always pre-order an xbox tomorrow!!

#10005 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Soon bedtime for u you see nothing nothing today. For me easy in the late afternoon after work.

You're right .
I got sucked in watching U-571 till 1am and had to get up at 5am for work .
Good movie , had to watch it till the end to see who won

#10006 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

sorry, that doesn't count - you did 2 in a row !

Nothing was new at #9999 so I took the liberty of claiming #10,000 when so much has changed. LOL

I don't expect too much today, but wouldn't it be nice if there really is something other than just the Raza. I have pretty much forgot what was shown before but it was not memorable, at least for me. Guess we will see, or not.

Having a real production line with bunches of workers and process that pumps games out like the big one is a very tall order.

#10007 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't expect too much today, but wouldn't it be nice if there really is something other than just the Raza. I have pretty much forgot what was shown before but it was not memorable, at least for me. Guess we will see, or not.
Having a real production line with bunches of workers and process that pumps games out like the big one is a very tall order.

It would be good if they did .
After the poor response to Raza at Houston , maybe they thought ( besides their initial comments ) under promise and over deliver and that could explain the extra 7 month delay .
Either way not long till we find out .

#10008 3 years ago

I like the superwide display looks gorgeous.
Hope its on the cheap version also.

#10009 3 years ago

10,009 post of nothing...lol

(So where did you see wide display???)

#10010 3 years ago

I remember RM said only one version of RAZA only different artworks.

Soooon well know.

#10011 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

10,009 post of nothing...lol
(So where did you see wide display???)

Screenshot_2019-11-24-19-12-55-14 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-11-24-19-12-55-14 (resized).png
#10012 3 years ago

Here is some info I saw on FB today about today’s Deeproot launch.

2FC110F8-6176-4FE3-B456-2519D94A4947 (resized).png2FC110F8-6176-4FE3-B456-2519D94A4947 (resized).png
#10013 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Here is some info I saw on FB today about today’s Deeproot launch.[quoted image]

If all of that is true , a lot of people will be eating their words .

#10014 3 years ago

The manufacturing piece IS the main piece. We've seen so many huge game debuts over the years only to have it all fall apart after. If manufacturing is not part of the reveal today, we're probably still a year+ away.

#10015 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The manufacturing piece IS the main piece. We've seen so many huge game debuts over the years only to have it all fall apart after. If manufacturing is not part of the reveal today, we're probably still a year+ away.

If they are not close to manufacturing by now, it's all toast.

#10016 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

#10,000 for the Win.

And we got there by Christmas

#10017 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

If all of that is true , a lot of people will be eating their words .

Not neccesarily. It stands and falls with "games not on the line" (and where is the line?) and their goal to deliver within 2 weeks.

Preorders will at least be more hesistant this way.

#10018 3 years ago

I think raza looks really cool, but Id be very hesitant to put down a deposit until I see others getting their games. One great thing about stern is I have no worries about their ability to produce what they show. Really hoping deeproot can get to that as well.

#10019 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not neccesarily. It stands and falls with "games not on the line" (and where is the line?) and their goal to deliver within 2 weeks.
Preorders will at least be more hesistant this way.

The 2-week timeline might have shifted .
Robert is aware of his reputation in this community , I doubt he would reveal all of this and still be months , years away from manufacturing them .
Obviously I don't know , just a gut feeling .

#10020 3 years ago

I'm not pre-ordering a damn thing from these people. I've seen too many people get burned, and DR operations up to now do not exactly exude confidence. They need to line up media to go through their purchasing process, take delivery, then show it's a solid product that plays well. Then they'll have a foundation and people will buy.

#10021 3 years ago

mbrave77

Quoted from BazilBLast:The 2-week timeline might have shifted .
Robert is aware of his reputation in this community , I doubt he would reveal all of this and still be months , years away from manufacturing them .
Obviously I don't know , just a gut feeling .

I hope so too but... what mbrave77 said.

#10022 3 years ago

They need to show their production plant where they will be producing the games.
We all know what that looks like because of Stern and JJP videos.

#10024 3 years ago

I'm a bit confused...

"Eight titles were shown to the media" but they have no manufacturing yet. So were there eight different playable prototypes, or was there RAZA (still in an unfinished form) and a bunch of pictures of other titles "coming soon"?

And why would you be building prototypes 7 and 8 when you still can't manufacture game 1?

#10025 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

They need to show their production plant where they will be producing the games.
We all know what that looks like because of Stern and JJP videos.

Well, we've never seen what an octo-manufacturing plant looks like.
I suspect Robert will claim that it looks just like an empty warehouse.

#10026 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And why would you be building prototypes 7 and 8 when you still can't manufacture game 1?

Maybe the plan is to try to recoup losses and sell these plans plus their patents to a real manufacturing company?? I can't figure this out either...

#10027 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

"Eight titles were shown to the media" but they have no manufacturing yet. So were there eight different playable prototypes, or was there RAZA (still in an unfinished form) and a bunch of pictures of other titles "coming soon"?

Do you know what a box of lights is? Because I feel like we are about to see 7 of them... plus one complete game

#10028 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Do you know what a box of lights is? Because I feel like we are about to see 7 of them... plus one complete game

I wonder if octo manufacturing means they will attempt to build 8 different titles at once, maybe on order.

#10029 3 years ago

- Ramps on RAZA are not final -
- Manufacturing doe RAZA has not begun yet -
- Attendees did not see traditional manufacturing line -
- RAZA will have 3 trim levels? -

I can't say I had high expectations for this, and yet they have still plummeted to almost nothing.

#10030 3 years ago

Boom or bust this is all going to be pretty entertaining in the hours/days to come

#10031 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is normal, even Stern still does this occasionally.

The ramps are just not the production models, wich will be crystal clear.

#10032 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

- Manufacturing doe RAZA has not begun yet -
- Attendees did not see traditional manufacturing line -
- RAZA will have 3 trim levels? -
I can't say I had high expectations for this, and yet they have still plummeted to almost nothing.

Yes, if they don't at least have RAZA ready to ship...then it all amounts to another claim of "no, we don't have anything yet, but we'll have lots of great stuff coming soon".

#10033 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

4fq9tc (resized).jpg4fq9tc (resized).jpg
#10034 3 years ago

Altough everyone says Kaneda is not to be believed shit, he got everyone talking again. XD

#10035 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This is normal, even Stern still does this occasionally.
The ramps are just not the production models, wich will be crystal clear.

Not for the official reveals. When you scream "come look at me" you should have the exact thing you want people to look at. Not having a 100% final game at this point would be beyond disappointing.

Also, let me guess, the cheaper than Stern Pro tier is internally labeled the "Zidware compensation" version.

#10036 3 years ago

If Steve Bowden came out and said " relax we've got manufacturing covered " , it would give me a lot of faith .
On the other hand people are willing to wait 2 years for spooky games .

#10037 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not for the official reveals. When you scream "come look at me" you should have the exact thing you want people to look at. Not having a 100% final game at this point would be beyond disappointing.
Also, let me guess, the cheaper than Stern Pro tier is internally labeled the "Zidware compensation" version.

On the photoshoots sometimes if I remember correctly.

JJPs POTC whirlpool ramp was white as well.

At least that one is a minor complaint comparing to no line working yet.

#10038 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I wonder if octo manufacturing means they will attempt to build 8 different titles at once, maybe on order.

I tried to research "quad" and "octo" manufacturing once upon a time. I discovered, among other things, that these are brands or trade marks associated with manufacturing.

Implimented properly It/they could supposedly allow your game to be built in a shorter process and sooner, by putting together some pre-assembled sub-assemblies, for example. But it isn't just that, a whole system thing. Development, improvement, flexibily, automation, mistake proofing, "6 sigma", 5Y, yada yada yada ...

Also instead of several "lines", one for each game, you might have One Short Main line (mostly final larger assemblies brought together) which can have any individual title run down it. Sub lines, common parts made in advance. Sub sub sub assemblies Lol

#10039 3 years ago

The closer we come to the reveal, the more we speculate hahaha.
I always believed in deeproot and now in the last hours from revealing I am not going to change my mind.

#10040 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The closer we come to the reveal, the more we speculate hahaha.
I always believed in deeproot and now in the last hours from revealing I am not going to change my mind.

Yep. The last three hours of speculation and assumption should be interesting. A prefer to wait till they show what’s being done in a few hours.

#10041 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

On the other hand people are willing to wait 2 years for spooky games .

But Spooky has a proven track record and Deeproot does not.

#10042 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

And Spooky communicated what their plans were. They clearly told us about ten games a week, so we knew what the timeline was.

Big difference.

#10043 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

We wont't get fooled again! No No!

#10044 3 years ago

Is the reveal going to be live streamed?

#10045 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

The revolution will be televised.

#10046 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

A company has to start from somewhere doesn't it ?
Jjp started with woz and no one knew about them .
Apparently they've got a big 80's licence , lots of reputable people and have spent a lot of money , why do all of that if you're not going to make anything .

#10047 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

There is something on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/stuffyourmomhates

No clue if that is the stream or just someone trolling us.

#10048 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Yes Spooky games getting better and better, but still feals like a serial build homebrew game to me.
Soon we know if Deeproot can live upon the quality like Jjp and the rest.

#10049 3 years ago

Spooky is what they are. They never said they wanted to compete with Stern or shake up the industry.

#10050 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

"The revolution will not be televised..."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/201?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.