• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 669.
#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from proteus:

K Man is saying three versions. Pro will be 5k. That's just what he said.

Yeah, he said 5k, 6300-6500 ish, and 9800-ish.

#9952 3 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

What in the hell is that first image supposed to be lol

Octo manufacturing a house!

Of course!

Lol

#9953 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Yeah, he said 5k, 6300-6500 ish, and 9800-ish.

6500 even would be a solid Premium/LE entry level.

And ideally it's not Stern, which for better or worse, we kind of know the style of game they produce routinely. A mix-up in the ring would be most welcome.

#9954 3 years ago

I am just over here preparing to process all these new innovations coming tomorrow.

2uxh8u (resized).jpg2uxh8u (resized).jpg
#9955 3 years ago

what time tomorrow?

#9956 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what time tomorrow?

Why would the marketing team tell us that?

#9957 3 years ago

Who?

EEC15048-FEFD-44A7-A4D7-E0AB9F050894 (resized).pngEEC15048-FEFD-44A7-A4D7-E0AB9F050894 (resized).png

I’m excited to see what happens tomorrow.

#9958 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they crack "lower than a Stern Pro" pricing then they have something.

Quoted from proteus:

K Man is saying ... Pro will be 5k.

like a homepin thunderbirds.

#9959 3 years ago

Anybody who has played a Stellar Wars will tell you hard angled lockdown bars are tough on the palms.

#9960 3 years ago
Quoted from proteus:

K Man is saying three versions. Pro will be 5k. That's just what he said.

I mean no disrespect to you (or anyone for that matter) but why would anyone trust Kaneda? In my personal opinion that guys opinion has been on the opposite end of the spectrum of mine more often than not. And I highly doubt DR would want any info leaking out and if he's doing it that's not the way to earn friends. If I remember correctly long ago wasn't it said DR would release one model and offer everyone a complete machine and best experience etc etc etc?

#9961 3 years ago

I would think that the bigger issue is...what do all of the people who are owed machines get?
Do they get the "cheaper than a pro" version or the "more expensive than a premium" version?

#9962 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I mean no disrespect to you (or anyone for that matter) but why would anyone trust Kaneda? In my personal opinion that guys opinion has been on the opposite end of the spectrum of mine more often than not. And I highly doubt DR would want any info leaking out and if he's doing it that's not the way to earn friends. If I remember correctly long ago wasn't it said DR would release one model and offer everyone a complete machine and best experience etc etc etc?

There are plenty of Kaneda, Good versus Evil threads on Pinside already. Please join one. Let's not clutter this thread up with more.

#9963 3 years ago
0AD65A15-FB10-47B6-BB94-BBE426C80068 (resized).jpeg0AD65A15-FB10-47B6-BB94-BBE426C80068 (resized).jpeg
#9964 3 years ago

Here is what is totally unreal ... This thread has 200 pages and yet not one game ever made.

This page about Deeproot has more pages than many Stern games where you can purchase the game.

Why do you waste so much time on a company that hasn't been able to make a single game in 3 years? Its something I can't even fathom.

The main reveal is about a game called RAZA, not Avengers, not Guns N Roses, not Jaws or Star Wars or whatever.

What am I missing here? Is the excitement hoping a new company can compete with Stern or is there something I'm totally missing?

I really hope the reveal meets all the hype and never ending wait. I guess we'll see if they have something worth all the hype and can actually ship the games quickly like Stern. Good luck Deeproot! Hoping we all see something super exciting and get confidence that they can actually manufacture and deliver games.

#9965 3 years ago

are people who arent into pinball suddenly going to start buying machines because a new manufacturer offers games that feature a cinemascope screen, stainless this or that, better maintanence access, hammer-tested playfield, etc ? and as far as the existing community goes, even if deeproots 'innovations' strike a cord with them, dont be surprised if this plays out like "those are really nice. let me know when you are going to put them in a game that i actually want". even with improvements to the prototype displayed in houston, i cant see pinsiders lining up to buy RAZA. the game was not that compelling. actually, i suspect a fair number of people are already looking past RAZA wanting to know "whats next".

given the years deeproot has had to prepare for 09.21.20, dont be surprised should they have games ready to ship, show multiple titles, or disclose additional themes/licenses. at different points in time deeproot has indicated this is would be their M.O. at launch, therefore i wouldnt consider any of these as special or unexpected. if anything, it would be disappointing if they failed to deliver on these fronts.

this may be roberts best and possibly last opportunity to address the pin buying community before more people stop caring all together. this is effectively his 15 minutes of fame. should he let it go by with nothing more than a RAZA reveal with different trims - now that is something i would consider to be a surprise. in retrospect, monday may be looked upon as more of a non-event with little we havent seen/known already.

even though more choices/options may be good for the consumer, the lesser manufacturers appear to be facing a number of challenges when it comes to selling worthwhile numbers of NIB.

Quoted from kermit24:

How much hype does RAZA actually have?

zero02.gifzero02.gif
#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is what is totally unreal ... This thread has 200 pages and yet not one game ever made.
This page about Deeproot has more pages than many Stern games where you can purchase the game.
Why do you waste so much time on a company that hasn't been able to make a single game in 3 years? Its something I can't even fathom.
The main reveal is about a game called RAZA, not Avengers, not Guns N Roses, not Jaws or Star Wars or whatever.
What am I missing here? Is the excitement hoping a new company can compete with Stern or is there something I'm totally missing?
I really hope the reveal meets all the hype and never ending wait. I guess we'll see if they have something worth all the hype and can actually ship the games quickly like Stern. Good luck Deeproot! Hoping we all see something super exciting and get confidence that they can actually manufacture and deliver games.

You wait to give your opinion 3 years later the Day before launch? Do you suppose that will stop them in their tracks now? Lol. They don’t want to be Stern, nor any other Mfr. just Deeproot and tomorrow they start the journey success or otherwise. My order is in and I suspect Many more ahead of me. Should me interesting.

#9967 3 years ago

RAZA... Not for me. But an Alice in Wonderland that rivals WoZ for sculpts and toys but adds PotC flow? That’d be the dream!

#9968 3 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

But an Alice in Wonderland that rivals WoZ for sculpts and toys but adds PotC flow? That’d be the dream!

Seems like that would be a JJP game.

#9969 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

are people who arent into pinball suddenly going to start buying machines because a new manufacturer offers games that feature a cinemascope screen, stainless this or that, better maintanence access, hammer-tested playfield, etc ? and as far as the existing community goes, even if deeproots 'innovations' strike a cord with them, dont be surprised if this plays out like "those are really nice. let me know when you are going to put them in a game that i actually want". even with improvements to the prototype displayed in houston, i cant see pinsiders lining up to buy RAZA. the game was not that compelling. actually, i suspect a fair number of people are already looking past RAZA wanting to know "whats next".
given the years deeproot has had to prepare for 09.21.20, dont be surprised should they have games ready to ship, show multiple titles, or disclose additional themes/licenses. at different points in time deeproot has indicated this is would be their M.O. at launch, therefore i wouldnt consider any of these as special or unexpected. if anything, it would be disappointing if they failed to deliver on these fronts.
this may be roberts best and possibly last opportunity to address the pin buying community before more people stop caring all together. this is effectively his 15 minutes of fame. should he let it go by with nothing more than a RAZA reveal with different trims - now that is something i would consider to be a surprise. in retrospect, monday may be looked upon as more of a non-event with little we havent seen/known already.
even though more choices/options may be good for the consumer, the lesser manufacturers appear to be facing a number of challenges when it comes to selling worthwhile numbers of NIB.
[quoted image]

Agree.

I think the point is lots of people are waiting for an alternative to Stern.

So far no one has touched Stern with a 10 foot pole. Yes JJP, CGC, Spooky, AP have produced great pins.

None has been cheaper than Stern pro and none had made more than 5-6 games in as many years.

I believe Raza will sell some but it’s not going to disrupt Stern. I’m interested in all new pins so I’ll give them a look.

#9970 3 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

RAZA... Not for me. But an Alice in Wonderland that rivals WoZ for sculpts and toys but adds PotC flow? That’d be the dream!

That's the game I'm waiting on. That's definitely one thing you gotta give JJP credit for is the sculpted items. Can't snicker at their code either.
Changing gears if I was Robert I'd spill the beans about other titles and such that's "going to happen". Yes we already know RAZA and MG and AIC but past those. I've NEVER understood why manufacturers don't announce the next few titles. I mean for crying out loud limited budget people like myself would wait to buy pin X when pin Y is FOR SURE down the road. Yeah yeah I know buy pin X and then sell pin X when pin Y comes out. No thanks not my style. IF I'm going to lose money by god it's going to be on something I plan on keeping around for a good long while. Besides that moving pins in and out of my basement royally sucks.

#9971 3 years ago

Anyone see this? Sorry if it’s already been posted.

#9972 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Agree.
I think the point is lots of people are waiting for an alternative to Stern.
So far no one has touched Stern with a 10 foot pole. Yes JJP, CGC, Spooky, AP have produced great pins.
None has been cheaper than Stern pro and none had made more than 5-6 games in as many years.
I believe Raza will sell some but it’s not going to disrupt Stern. I’m interested in all new pins so I’ll give them a look.

Williams touched Stern with a 10 foot pole, their games today are still better than a lot of Stern games made 20-30 year later. I think that's what people are hoping for. We've seen flashes of it with JJP, American and Alien and the Big Lebowski, we want more, we have hope... and yes, we are probably dreaming.

#9973 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Where is that posted?

#9974 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You're probably thinking of Heighway. Not only were entire playfields swappable in under a minute, you could pull the flipper mechs out quickly since there were cutouts of the flippers (no more removing flipper bats). Their idea was that instead of replacing coil sleeves, coil stops, or springs on location, you would simply take out an entire assembly and work on whatever you needed to on a bench.
https://www.pinballnews.com/news/heighwayoursler.html

I’ve been operating essentially exclusively Sterns for a few years. I’ve thought of this modularity thing but honestly it probably would not save much time, at least in my experience. Frequently it is best to have access to the entire machine to roll balls, play test balls, quickly enter diagnostics menus as a whole etc. Certainly there are scenarios where modularity would benefit a little bit then you’re giving some time back on the removal and put back, even if the modularity is executed well.

Just one OPs thoughts.

Hope it goes well for these new guys. Pinball is fun.

#9975 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Where is that posted?

youtube. Just click it

#9976 3 years ago

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be Deeproots reveal on Monday

A92DFD37-BCAE-486E-BA92-4B41D414383A (resized).jpegA92DFD37-BCAE-486E-BA92-4B41D414383A (resized).jpeg
#9977 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Where is that posted?

It's streaming on the Stuff Your Mom Hates channel on both YT and Twitch.

Looks like 10am cdt is the launch.

Is it happening on this channel? IDK.

#9978 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It's streaming on the Stuff Your Mom Hates channel on both YT and Twitch.
Looks like 10am cdt is the launch.
Is it happening on this channel? IDK.

11AM CDT

#9979 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Is that really the game? Where is the art?

#9980 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Mainly because he has been robert’s lap dog and his goto avenue to promote deeproot.

#9981 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is that really the game? Where is the art?

Thats the prototype, from a year ago. Production game will have art.

#9982 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Thats the prototype, from a year ago. Production game will have art.

Huh? There are 10 hours to the reveal. Why put in a prototype at this point? That has to be the current form of the game.

#9983 3 years ago

Looks exactly like the game that went to Houston. Which they said art was a placeholder.

#9984 3 years ago

I don't think that stream is connected to Deeproot officially. It's just some guy (who is probably not even in Texas) that is excited about the reveal tomorrow and is going to discuss whatever happens on his Youtube channel. So, he found an image on the internet to use as a placeholder.

#9985 3 years ago

So they're doing their big reveal, and they didn't tell people the time to tune in?

Yup, this sounds very promising!

#9986 3 years ago

Lots of coverage on my purchase.

facebook (resized).jpgfacebook (resized).jpg
#9987 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don't think that stream is connected to Deeproot officially. It's just some guy (who is probably not even in Texas) that is excited about the reveal tomorrow and is going to discuss whatever happens on his Youtube channel. So, he found an image on the internet to use as a placeholder.

That’s hilarious-yet we all care because we are all checking in on this pile. Zach is supposed to be on TPN tomorrow night too potentially talking about some of it maybe...We are all equally insane here...

Throwing a useless dialogue into the pile-I suppose it was a major letdown, but everyone is going on a nice trip down there, prolly having more fun then we are kinda cooped up-soooo. They get wined and dined, see way less than they should but hell- they got some free shit and a small vacation.

#9988 3 years ago
just-reveal-the-damn-game-already (resized).jpgjust-reveal-the-damn-game-already (resized).jpg
#9989 3 years ago

Wear your masks.

#9990 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wear your masks.

Thanks for the PSA!!!

It's not like I'm reminded of this many times a day through other means.

#9991 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Thanks for the PSA!!!
It's not like I'm reminded of this many times a day through other means.

It was just a friendly reminder for the Captain, so that it‘s a pinball and not a superspreader event!

#9992 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I‘m just wondering why the stream is running on a 15 subscriber youtube channel (or if it even will be a stream).

I hope, since the photo is from yesterday, Jeff will be up with an article soon.

#9993 3 years ago

How many hours to go

#9994 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

How many hours to go

About six, if the countdown on that page someone linked is correct

#9995 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

How many hours to go

Probably hours. Or not

#9996 3 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

About six, if the countdown on that page someone linked is correct

It's saying it bit over 6 hours to go but the post was 5 hours ago , I wonder how accurate it all is .

#9997 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

It's saying it bit over 6 hours to go but the post was 5 hours ago , I wonder how accurate it all is .

I'm an idiot , if the video is live , it doesn't matter when it was posted , it is still the time counting down

#9998 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

still the time counting down

Soon bedtime for u you see nothing nothing today. For me easy in the late afternoon after work.

#9999 3 years ago

#9999 - nothing new

#10000 3 years ago

#10,000 for the Win.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.