Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 672.
#9901 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Didnt hear that

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

According to the last interview with Robert 8 months ago,

That re-aired interview was on Kaneda's pinball podcast. Did you listen to it?
Start at 55:00.

#9902 3 years ago

As much cash as these guys have burned, it is interesting that some people think they are going to be both high quality and low cost. No way can they deliver the bang for the buck of their competitors with boutique sales numbers.

#9903 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Didnt hear that but regardless the combo JPOP/Zombie Yeti was magic only that combo pulled in all the zidware money mostly btw Yeti art alone. Without great art that matches JPOPS design my interest is 0. There is Yeti art on RAZA AIW and MG (and Kiss but that doesnt matter) that is about 70% of the JPOP magic I dont see any artist filling that gap besides maybe Brian Allen who did the Alien backglass.
Thats why tomorrow is so special a lost world will resurface the JPOP/Yeti combo in final form. That WILL happen tomorrow + lots of coverage from the media already there. The odds are quite high deeproot has production ready to go for at least 10 tables per weeks as the original plan was to have it ready 2018, 2019 and March 2020 enough hits and the resistance is broken.

ZERO chance they have 10 titles ready for production but I like your optimism

They barely have one ready

Remember, a BIG reason Raza, MG and AIW sold was due to the limited nature and “collectibility” of the games

They are in a tough spot if they make the same mistakes JJP keeps making

You can’t have 500 CEs and unlimited “limited editions”

They learn from Stern and even Spooky

It’s called FOMO

#9904 3 years ago

First time in my life I literally added a spot on my work calendar for tomorrow AM that says check pinball news. Gads, what has happened to me?

#9905 3 years ago

If only we had an actual time, to expect something tomorrow....organized chaos, it is.

#9906 3 years ago

I got your horse right here... his name is paul revere....and the man says the horse can do.
Can do! Can do. Man says the horse can do...

Place your betts folks! The horses are approaching the starting gate!

The end of the 20 year tyranny of the market leader, is possibly in sight. Real competition has possibly finally arrived!?!?

Spookey ramping up production. Fact.
Spookey/CGC partnership title. Fact
CGC, Remake. Fact.
JJP, GNR, Toy Story. Well almost. Fact.
American, Hot Wheels, thier best game so far, in my opinion.

Now Deeproot, what are we to think???
Robert Mueller talks a big game, and to tell you the truth, his attitude sounded disgusting, boastful, and reeked of " I've got F you money, false confidence"
Not impressive, not gentlemanly at all.

Then he hired 4 experienced all star designers. Put them back to work at thier
BEST DESTINY, designing new games. More variety, more styles of game play.
That sounds like a good thing to me!

I'll say it again, I hope they kill it tommorow.
Good luck Deeproot team.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#9907 3 years ago

No posting on „Pinball Paparazzi“ yet.
I guess Robert scared everbody off to sue them!

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Remember, a BIG reason Raza, MG and AIW sold was due to the limited nature and “collectibility” of the games

You misunderstood I meant building 10 tables per week (production rate) oc they only have RAZA ready.

Back then nothing was built tomorrow we see the final product that creates pull.

#9909 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You misunderstood I meant building 10 tables per week (production rate) oc they only have RAZA ready.
Back then nothing was built tomorrow we see the final product that creates pull.

It seems I have to drive to Flensburg soon to test Raza?

#9910 3 years ago

We almost made it. 100 pages of nothing!

#9911 3 years ago

I think the "big release" lost it's glory because we've already seen the first two titles. Gotta give Stern props for their marketing strategy eh? I do believe the "big release" is about showcasing their hammer proof play field, production process and any other "new tech" they've created.
Best of luck to DR though!

#9912 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I think the "big release" lost it's glory because we've already seen the first two titles. Gotta give Stern props for their marketing strategy eh? I do believe the "big release" is about showcasing their hammer proof play field, production process and any other "new tech" they've created.
Best of luck to DR though!

First two?

What did I miss?

#9913 3 years ago

RAZA and MG. Though Tomorrow we see the final RAZA art package and toys like dizzie ned and atomic shop so tomorrow will be a blast.

#9914 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

RAZA and MG. Though Tomorrow we see the final RAZA art package and toys like dizzie ned and atomic shop so tomorrow will be a blast.

Deeproot didn‘t show MG and MG will not look at all like it did at Zidware, if it‘s supposed to be working.

#9915 3 years ago

if there is no video of 'octo manufacturing' tomorrow I'm calling it a bust

#9916 3 years ago

My memory fails me but there is/was a foreign pinball manufacturer that made components of the playfield modular. I really think that was such a brilliant idea specifically for the OPs. No more wasting time on site trying to troubleshoot or repair. Remove a couple nuts and disconnect a plug and boom the whole assembly comes out. Aesthetically it's less pleasing but none the less I think it's brilliant. I hope DR has kept the OP's first and foremost in their design.

#9917 3 years ago

If they accomplish only half they promised Deeproot wil take of 25 % from Stern and 50% from the rest of the other pinball company's. If the prices are right its shakes the whole pinball industry.

#9918 3 years ago

I cannot wait to see this POS! You guys are going to be as disappointed as a kid finding out Santa Clause doesn’t exist. This pin is going to be an over priced flop! Get ready, you’ve been warned!

#9919 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I cannot wait to see this POS! You guys are going to be as disappointed as a kid finding out Santa Clause doesn’t exist. This pin is going to be an over priced flop! Get ready, you’ve been warned!

It good that you repeat that now, so that „I told you so“ has more impact.

Let us have fun. - Fact is everyone of us is disappointed with any release to a degree, because it never can come close to our wildest fantasies.

If they do it we get a new (working) JPop pin since decades ago (ZizzlE not included).
If not I saved a lot of money.

I can only win!

#9920 3 years ago

disappointed as a kid finding out Santa Clause doesn’t exist.

Wait! What are you saying about Santa?

#9921 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

My memory fails me but there is/was a foreign pinball manufacturer that made components of the playfield modular. I really think that was such a brilliant idea specifically for the OPs. No more wasting time on site trying to troubleshoot or repair. Remove a couple nuts and disconnect a plug and boom the whole assembly comes out. Aesthetically it's less pleasing but none the less I think it's brilliant. I hope DR has kept the OP's first and foremost in their design.

You're probably thinking of Heighway. Not only were entire playfields swappable in under a minute, you could pull the flipper mechs out quickly since there were cutouts of the flippers (no more removing flipper bats). Their idea was that instead of replacing coil sleeves, coil stops, or springs on location, you would simply take out an entire assembly and work on whatever you needed to on a bench.
https://www.pinballnews.com/news/heighwayoursler.html

#9922 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I never heard of deeproot talking about this. What you describe is the modular assemblies in Heighway Pinball games.

#9923 3 years ago

Octo Manufacturing ???

3F655F56-DEFE-4087-A964-38CA57C955BA.gif3F655F56-DEFE-4087-A964-38CA57C955BA.gif4847BA2B-4BF1-46E4-BD52-9921717DDA1E.gif4847BA2B-4BF1-46E4-BD52-9921717DDA1E.gif
#9924 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You're probably thinking of Heighway. Not only were entire playfields swappable in under a minute, you could pull the flipper mechs out quickly since there were cutouts of the flippers (no more removing flipper bats). Their idea was that instead of replacing coil sleeves, coil stops, or springs on location, you would simply take out an entire assembly and work the entire assembly on a bench.
https://www.pinballnews.com/news/heighwayoursler.html

Yeah so what, if the game is shit (i had a highway game) it doesn't matter how innovative it is.
The wait is almost over tomorrow is the day, and i hope its a good one.

#9925 3 years ago

Octo Mom helping out?

Octomom-Shares-Rare-Photo-of-All-Her-Kids-Looking-So-Grown-Up-Feature-pp (resized).jpgOctomom-Shares-Rare-Photo-of-All-Her-Kids-Looking-So-Grown-Up-Feature-pp (resized).jpg
#9926 3 years ago

Somebody is getting coal for Xmas! Both will be by my tree this year!
4B1A9577-C1DD-4464-9A60-5E1899E97BB7 (resized).jpeg4B1A9577-C1DD-4464-9A60-5E1899E97BB7 (resized).jpeg

#9927 3 years ago

A lot of reputations hanging in the breeze tomorrow.
Will be Flipping amazing or turd city

#9928 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If they accomplish only half they promised Deeproot wil take of 25 % from Stern and 50% from the rest of the other pinball company's. If the prices are right its shakes the whole pinball industry.

If they can actually produce and sell games- nothing they have ever done leads me to believe that.

ETA your numbers are arbitrary

#9929 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Somebody is getting coal for Xmas! Both will be by my tree this year!
[quoted image]

you could just buy this instead...

https://www.hookedonhallmark.com/1996-Pinball-Wonder--Magic--SDB_p_28383.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9930 3 years ago

Jesus Christ. Come in here thinking reveal or leaks must surely have been made early or something because of all the new posts and it turns out to be just all a bunch of nothing posts like this one.

#9931 3 years ago

Maybe this is failed logic, but if B.d. is “Before deeproot”, then 9.21.20 is still before deeproot. I am only expecting an official announcement tomorrow of their launch itinerary with dates and times. Nothing of real significance will take place until the 22nd or later. Good luck to deeproot!

#9932 3 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Maybe this is failed logic, but if B.d. is “Before deeproot”, then 9.21.20 is still before deeproot. I am only expecting an official announcement tomorrow of their launch itinerary with dates and times. Nothing of real significance will take place until the 22nd or later. Good luck to deeproot!

It‘s „Birthday“.

#9933 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jesus Christ. Come in here thinking reveal or leaks must surely have been made early or something because of all the new posts and it turns out to be just all a bunch of nothing posts like this one.

Welcome to the club!

#9934 3 years ago

Kaneda just stated that RAZA will come in three trim levels, the lowest will cost less than a Stern Pro

#9935 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Kaneda just stated that RAZA will come in three trim levels, the lowest will cost less than a Stern Pro

I'd like something that costs less than a Stern pro.

#9936 3 years ago

And so it begins...

#9937 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Where did he say that?

Quoted from wrb1977:

I'd thought the same thing, but I hope even they aren't that convoluted.

#9938 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

#9939 3 years ago

If they crack "lower than a Stern Pro" pricing then they have something.

#9941 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

On his FB page.

He must have removed it. I looked minutes after your post.

#9942 3 years ago

A huge thank you to our six special pinball VIPs who traveled to San Antonio to join us yesterday. Lauren, Cary, Colin, Chris, Jeff, Krystle: you are amazing and we are very grateful for everything you did to brighten our day! #timetowalkthewalk #pinballishard
* photo courtesy of Lauren Gray

pasted_image deep root party (resized).pngpasted_image deep root party (resized).png
#9943 3 years ago

... If another game title is even announced, I would be surprised. ...

If the goal was to surprise people, multiple releases would achieve that in your case.

I assume he has been playing down everything he possibly can since the first big failure.... and not promise things unless they are 100% happening.

Not much is 100% guaranteed in the world, hence us finding out not much, I guess? Lol

If RM has managed anything well, Everyone would wind up Extremely Surprised!

*See what I did there!

#9944 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Octo Manufacturing ???
[quoted image][quoted image]

What in the hell is that first image supposed to be lol

#9945 3 years ago

hopefully it's a good bit cheaper than a Stern pro.

'home pin' price that would be a big selling factor to me.

#9946 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hopefully it's meaningfully cheaper than a Stern pro.

What if Kaneda just made most of that up to stir up some things?

#9947 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Saw it too. Said 3 trim levels. Lowest would cost less then Stern pro and highest would be more then a Stern LE.

#9948 3 years ago

What if Kaneda just made most of that up to stir up some things?

Either way, we'll see tomorrow!

I'd like to know ahead of time if there's a stream.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

A huge thank you to our six special pinball VIPs who traveled to San Antonio to join us yesterday. Lauren, Cary, Colin, Chris, Jeff, Krystle: you are amazing and we are very grateful for everything you did to brighten our day! #timetowalkthewalk #pinballishard
* photo courtesy of Lauren Gray[quoted image]

Any time frame on info tomorrow? Or any live events streaming?

#9949 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If they crack "lower than a Stern Pro" pricing then they have something.

Running for 12 months at a loss makes that Easily achievable

#9950 3 years ago

K Man is saying three versions. Pro will be 5k. That's just what he said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/199?hl=ralphcousman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.